It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 9:19 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
I think this used to be a thread. Anyway, here's a new one. Two way tie today.

City of Fools wrote:
I would let the police search my home, car or phone. I'm not concerned about my Miranda rights either. Those things I don't have a problem with.

long time guy wrote:

Summer League basketball is much better than any college game.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:36 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
FavreFan wrote:

City of Fools wrote:
I would let the police search my home, car or phone. I'm not concerned about my Miranda rights either. Those things I don't have a problem with.

long time guy wrote:

You should read the voter fraud thread.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:46 pm 

Nas wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

City of Fools wrote:

long time guy wrote:

You should read the voter fraud thread.

I did. It's just the usual back and forth bickering from the usual suspects. Nothing stood out as crazy dumb like these two opinions did.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
That COF opinion is epically bad.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
CoF wins for worst thought, congrats

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
I just wish I knew enough about the NBA to figure out who is making sense in the Never Ending Story that is FF and LTG basketball debates.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:34 pm 

denisdman wrote:
I just wish I knew enough about the NBA to figure out who is making sense in the Never Ending Story that is FF and LTG basketball debates.

Have ltg pick one summer league game for you to watch and then decide. I can give you a spoiler alert on your answer though.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:38 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
denisdman wrote:

Have ltg pick one summer league game for you to watch and then decide. I can give you a spoiler alert on your answer though.

Yeah, I feel very confident if we took a random summer league game and the best college basketball game last year and Denis watched both that he would strongly agree with us.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Walt Williams Neck wrote:
well stated

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:50 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
denisdman wrote:

Yeah, I feel very confident if we took a random summer league game and the best college basketball game last year and Denis watched both that he would strongly agree with us.

Philly plays L.A this Saturday. That is a must see game.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:03 pm 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
denisdman wrote:

No it's not. Iirc Michael Beasley absolutely dominated Rose in their first summer league game against eachother. Didn't end up meaning diddly shit.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:20 pm 

The real crazy thing about COF's opinion is that, unless I'm misremembering, he was a Gary Johnson guy.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
FavreFan wrote:
The real crazy thing about COF's opinion is that, unless I'm misremembering, he was a Gary Johnson guy.

Damn, I can't think anything more contrary to Libertarian ideology than "I yield all of my rights to the state and its agents."

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:29 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Damn, I can't think anything more contrary to Libertarian ideology than "I yield all of my rights to the state and its agents."

I think he was just more a "Trump and Hillary are awful" type supporter than any real type of supporter of the LP. Still funny though.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:47 pm 

search.php?author_id=6383&sr=posts

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:09 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
denisdman wrote:

No it's not. Iirc Michael Beasley absolutely dominated Rose in their first summer league game against eachother. Didn't end up meaning diddly shit.

They weren't guarding each other.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:13 pm 

I realize that. It was a hyped matchup though and there were people wondering if the Bulls made a huge mistake after that game.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
D Rose should do a 1 to 2 year deal with San Antonio. Get that Spurs DNA on his CV and he'll be able to get a larger deal for more years than anyone's going to offer this off-season. Stay away from the Bucks. Milwaukee is where PG's go to lose value. Be funny if Thibs gets the band back together in Minnesota. If Thibs brings in Rose, maybe he can get the Knicks to deal him Noah's crap contract too, so Rose has a smoking buddy up North.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:18 pm 

Hussra wrote:
D Rose should do a 1 to 2 year deal with San Antonio. Get that Spurs DNA on his CV and he'll be able to get a larger deal for more years than anyone's going to offer this off-season. Stay away from the Bucks. Milwaukee is where PG's go to lose value.

If he's looking at close to a minimum contract I think MANY teams should consider taking a flyer on him as a quality backup. The Thunder would be interesting too.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:23 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Hussra wrote:
D Rose should do a 1 to 2 year deal with San Antonio. Get that Spurs DNA on his CV and he'll be able to get a larger deal for more years than anyone's going to offer this off-season. Stay away from the Bucks. Milwaukee is where PG's go to lose value.

If he's looking at close to a minimum contract I think MANY teams should consider taking a flyer on him as a quality backup. The Thunder would be interesting too.

That is what he should do, but he won't do that. He will not go somewhere to be a back up. He still thinks he is a superstar.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:24 pm 

RFDC wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Hussra wrote:

That is what he should do, but he won't do that. He will not go somewhere to be a back up. He still thinks he is a superstar.

You think he's going overseas? I don't know if there is a starting spot for him still anywhere in the league.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:27 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
RFDC wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Hussra wrote:

You think he's going overseas? I don't know if there is a starting spot for him still anywhere in the league.

There are a lot of bad situations, esp in the East. One of those teams will bring him to be the starter.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Thibs would prolly give Rose the most minutes (of the teams rumored to be interested in Rose). Playing for Pop in San Antonio and their team shot doctor, maybe Rose could get his 3 pt % North of 30% again.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2634 ... ire-hazard

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:31 pm 

RFDC wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
RFDC wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Hussra wrote:

There are a lot of bad situations, esp in the East. One of those teams will bring him to be the starter.

In the East the only teams I think off the top of my head might consider starting him are Detroit and Indy, and I have to assume they are smarter than that.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:33 pm 

Hussra wrote:
Thibs would prolly give Rose the most minutes (of the teams rumored to be interested in Rose). Playing for Pop in San Antonio and their team shot doctor, maybe Rose could get his 3 pt % North of 30% again.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2634 ... ire-hazard

Yup. Love me some Chip Engelland ever since I found out who he was a few years back.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:36 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
RFDC wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
RFDC wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Hussra wrote:

In the East the only teams I think off the top of my head might consider starting him are Detroit and Indy, and I have to assume they are smarter than that.

Haven't we seen enough over the last few years in the NBA to never assume teams are smarter?

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:38 pm 

I want to say teams are getting smarter but every time I start believing that something like last summer's free agency happens and I'm back at square one.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:38 pm 

Farvio, you'll think that I'm as nutty as LTG, but he's really not that far off. But then again I grew up at a time where summer league games were better than most NBA games.

I know it's a different era now (Jordan played summer league into his 3rd year and other Chicago guys played years later). But even now you're watching generally better, older players playing with real money on the line.

Better individual talent on display, just most have no rooting interest so most don't care.

Sometimes it's playground ball, but in the gym it's more interesting for some than the overwhelming majority of college games.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:42 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
Farvio, you'll think that I'm as nutty as LTG, but he's really not that far off. But then again I grew up at a time where summer league games were better than most NBA games.

I know it's a different era now (Jordan played summer league into his 3rd year and other Chicago guys played years later). But even now you're watching generally better, older players playing with real money on the line.

Better individual talent on display, just most have no rooting interest so most don't care.

Sometimes it's playground ball, but in the gym it's more interesting for some than the overwhelming majority of college games.

You continue to confound me. I thought you said before the NBA product now is trash. Is that not true? If it is, how do you reconcile that with the opinion the summer league is better than games like UCLA/Kentucky last year?

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:48 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

You continue to confound me. I thought you said before the NBA product now is trash. Is that not true? If it is, how do you reconcile that with the opinion the summer league is better than games like UCLA/Kentucky last year?

I prefer playground ball. Plus hard defense and shit talking to overhyped guys like Ball and the Wildcats.

I enjoyed watching Memphis for the last few years. Then again I played with a lot of Tony Allen and Zach Randolph types growing up