It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:41 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: CHUSE
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:06 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
rogers park bryan wrote:

I should have voted my conscience like usual and gone 3rd party, but felt like preventing Trump might be an important thing (even though Illinois wasnt in play)

Closest I ever came to voting for a Democrat in a Presidential general election. I voted Libertarian twice, when Trump and McCain ran. In my very first chance to vote, I voted for her husband in the primaries because I couldn't stand Bush 1 and still wanted to vote in the primaries back then. I ended up voting for Perot that year in the generals. "Republican dirty tricks" "Giant sucking sound at the border". Wow that was a fun election season. Crossfire and Larry King were must watch tv down at UIUC.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:11 am 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
Have found myself going third party more and more in state wide elections (Usually only ones I even have a choice in as most locals are either one party or other or on a random chance a contested race). Its a relatively easy and meaningless thing to do when the election is not in play.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:22 am 

denisdman wrote:
Crossfire and Larry King were must watch tv down at UIUC.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:25 am 

Douchebag wrote:
denisdman wrote:

At Northwestern it was Animaniacs before dinner. To be fair that was 93/94 and not an election year.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:36 am 

Douchebag wrote:
denisdman wrote:

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:07 am 

Drunk Squirrel wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
denisdman wrote:

At Northwestern it was Animaniacs before dinner. To be fair that was 93/94 and not an election year.

I had a suitemate admit to me that he was turned on by Babs Bunny. Roommate Roulette can take you in to strange territory in college

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:08 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
sjboyd0137 wrote:
I think I've figured it out. Seeing Juice's Lecture Notes typed as JLN reminds me of HLN. HLN, as our dear friend SHARK would remind us, is CNN's sister channel that also shows news and shit 24 hours a day. It is also home to the Jenny Jones looking Nancy Grace. JLN and his quest for "justice" is as annoying as every single second of Nancy Grace's shows.

He's more Mike Cernovich without the lisp and the alimony.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:09 am 

My roommate was a HUGE stoner. Literally the first question he asked was "do you puff"

I didnt at that time.

He and his buddy "Pork" loved DragonballZ. So they'd watch Dragonballz and smoke. Id be drinking and then Webster came on after and we'd watch that too. Kind of a weird combo, but it worked for us.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:16 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Drunk Squirrel wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
denisdman wrote:

I had a suitemate admit to me that he was turned on by Babs Bunny. Roommate Roulette can take you in to strange territory in college

Had a room mate keep me away one night talking about how we could fix world polllution by building a smoke stack that would take our smoke and deposit it into space. The look on my McCormick (Engineering school) friends' faces when he related his brilliance was fantastic. His other brilliant plan was to put ramps on cars so we could just drive over cars in traffic jams thus solving urban congestion. He was a Journalism major.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:58 pm 

pizza_Place: *
So he is back???

I'm lost

No traces of you, what can I do?
Alone and confused

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
denisdman wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

I should have voted my conscience like usual and gone 3rd party, but felt like preventing Trump might be an important thing (even though Illinois wasnt in play)

Closest I ever came to voting for a Democrat in a Presidential general election. I voted Libertarian twice, when Trump and McCain ran. In my very first chance to vote, I voted for her husband in the primaries because I couldn't stand Bush 1 and still wanted to vote in the primaries back then. I ended up voting for Perot that year in the generals. "Republican dirty tricks" "Giant sucking sound at the border". Wow that was a fun election season. Crossfire and Larry King were must watch tv down at UIUC.

Doesn't the fact that you voted for Perot prove that your "no Democrat" vote rule is rather stupid? (And before you go there, I have voted Republican and would have in the last election had some of the non-crazy candidates made it through).

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Drag's
denisdman wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

I don't believe that Adm. James Stockdale's debate performance will ever be equaled.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/our ... e-moments/

"Smiles with Nostrils"

"...no Hmong, go find some blacks"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
denisdman wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Doesn't the fact that you voted for Perot prove that your "no Democrat" vote rule is rather stupid? (And before you go there, I have voted Republican and would have in the last election had some of the non-crazy candidates made it through).

What I did when I was 18 and a broke college student has little relevancy to me today. I am fairly certain I will never vote for a Democrat. When I don't like the right leaning candidate, I tend to abstain.