It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:00 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Powerball
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Bought my first ever ticket.

If I win the $700 million, none of you will ever have to work again.

Post subject: Re: Powerball
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:01 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
leashyourkids wrote:

That would be something...I believe you would be the 2nd richest person on this board too, correct?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:02 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

That would be something...I believe you would be the 2nd richest person on this board too, correct?

Neck-and-neck with Denis. Depends on the appraisal of his Pulte.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:03 pm 

Pulte homes for all!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:05 pm 

W_Z wrote:
Pulte homes for all!

You would get your own movie theater.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:06 pm 

i'd only charge $5 for matinees!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:07 pm 

W_Z wrote:
Pulte homes for all!

I don't think Leash will be happy about a side facing garage. Hopefully he can afford the modification with that $700 million.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:21 pm 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
you'd be able to move into leery's neighborhood.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:24 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
I would buy one of those misprint stamps with the upside down airplane, and then use it to mail Dan Bernstien a certified letter telling him that he is a jerk.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:35 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Frank Coztansa wrote:
I would buy one of those misprint stamps with the upside down airplane, and then use it to mail Dan Bernstien a certified letter telling him that he is a jerk.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:50 pm 

everyone in my company is giving me shit for not buying into the company pool.

i ask why dont they just buy the tickets on their own, they would get 700mil instead of 30mil or whatever each.

"but the chances are better!"

:roll:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Frank Coztansa wrote:

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:04 pm 

If I really did win, I would have a board party at a remote resort with piles of cocaine and booze and hookers unlike the world had ever seen. I would even fly JBills in. And HawaiiYou. And Rick... so that he could lecture all of us about the dangers of drugs.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Luigi's
W_Z wrote:

Will the popcorn still be $16 a bucket?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:09 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
leashyourkids wrote:
If I really did win, I would have a board party at a remote resort with piles of cocaine and booze and hookers unlike the world had ever seen. I would even fly JBills in. And HawaiiYou. And Rick... so that he could lecture all of us about the dangers of drugs.

On that day, in that scenario and under those conditions that is an argument I can win. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:10 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:

something like 90 million fucking people are playing lottery and nobody hits the jackpot. this happens all the time, and yet people still play this shit. this country blows $70bil a year on lotto tickets... it's literally 1/10th of the budget of our military.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Boboli
IkeSouth wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

something like 90 million fucking people are playing lottery and nobody hits the jackpot. this happens all the time, and yet people still play this shit. this country blows $70bil a year on lotto tickets... it's literally 1/10th of the budget of our military.

Maybe, but hope is cheap at only $1-2....

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
"To Pulte and beyond!"

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:15 pm 

I'd charter a jet for Mike.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:15 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
I'd charter a jet for Mike.

8)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
W_Z wrote:

I thought I read that they weren't endangered anymore.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:17 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:

You had me up until Rick....

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:18 pm 

Killer V wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

Maybe, but hope is cheap at only $1-2....

fake hope.

you have a much better shot at fucking rhianna and not going to jail for it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:20 pm 

IkeSouth wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

Really? I thought I had great odds.

I actually bought five of them. Am I good now?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Semi-topical ....

http://money.cnn.com/2017/08/22/news/iowa-lottery-sentencing/index.html?iid=ob_homepage_deskrecommended_pool

Ex-lottery worker who rigged winnings gets 25 years in prison

A former lottery worker was sentenced to 25 years in prison on Tuesday for rigging the system in several states so he could collect the jackpots.

Eddie Tipton, former security director of the Multistate Lottery Association, received the maximum sentence from an Iowa judge, who mentioned Tipton's "greed" in his sentencing.

"I certainly regret my actions," Tipton told the court. "It's difficult even saying that with all the people that I know behind me that I hurt."

Tipton pleaded guilty in June to a charge of ongoing criminal conduct for a scheme involving seven lottery tickets in five states, according to court documents. He admitted to rigging computer codes to produce winning numbers -- netting Tipton and his accomplices millions of dollars.

Tipton has agreed to pay about $2.2 million in restitution, including $1.1 million to the Colorado lottery, $644,000 to the Oklahoma lottery, $391,000 to the Wisconsin lottery and $30,000 to the Kansas lottery.

When Judge Brad McCall asked him on Tuesday how he intended to repay the money, Tipton said, "Initially, I really don't know."

But the prosecutor, Assistant Attorney General Rob Sand, said he's planning to locate and seize "significant amounts of restitution" from Tipton and his co-conspirators, Tommy Tipton and Robert Rhodes.

"All three of these gentlemen have what ordinary people would call significant assets at their disposal," he said.
Neither Sand, nor Tipton's defense lawyer, expect him to serve his full sentence.

Tipton's lawyer said he expects his client will serve three to four years before being released.

"Mr. Tipton is pleased get this chapter behind him and to move on with his life," Dean Stowers said in an email to CNNMoney. He had asked the judge for a suspended sentence.

The prosecutor said Tipton will serve no more than five years, if he behaves and makes parole.

"When you're an insider who abuses your position of trust and privilege you should expect to see the inside of a jail cell," said Sand, at a post-sentencing interview with reporters. "We're glad that the court agreed and found it appropriate to send Mr. Tipton to prison."

Tipton was formerly a programmer with the Multistate Lottery Association, the agency that administers state lotteries. He designed and maintained software "for computerized random number generators used to select winning lottery numbers in many states across the country," according to the office of Iowa Attorney General Tom Miller.

Tipton, who lives in Texas, bought lottery tickets in various states, including Iowa, and selected numbers that he knew would win, because he designed the program that generated the winning numbers. Tipton then gave these tickets to third parties who agreed to cash them and split the money with him.

One of these accomplices was his brother, Tommy, authorities said. The investigation against the Tipton brothers began in 2010, with a suspicious claim for a $14.3 million Hot Lotto jackpot in Iowa that lottery officials refused to pay. The Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation traced Tipton's scheme to other states as well.

Eddie Tipton made a deal with prosecutors in June, in which he pleaded guilty to the Iowa charge of ongoing criminal conduct. Prosecutors dropped a charge of money laundering. He will be allowed to serve the Iowa sentence concurrently with a sentence of up to five-and-a-half years in Wisconsin, where he pleaded guilty to theft by fraud and computer crime.

Iowa Assistant Attorney General Robert Sand said in a news conference after the sentencing that investigators were certain they had uncovered all Tipton's rigged jackpots. "The fact that he's going to spend years of his life in prison is appropriate," he said.

Tipton's brother Tommy, a former judge in Texas, is currently serving a 75-day sentence in Texas for a misdemeanor theft charge and deferred judgment on a felony charge of conspiracy to commit theft.

The Tiptons' friend Rhodes, who also lives in Texas, was the one who attempted to redeem the $14.3 million jackpot. He has pleaded guilty to fraud and will be sentenced on Friday.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:49 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:

I would buy the house next to Darkside's and have my own Lakemoorefest. Instead of cleaning up the mess from you scumbags, I would just tear the house down. I would replace it with a halfway house for non violent sex offenders that included a vocational training program that taught the residents to make pizzas.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:59 pm 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
if you took everyones money away from them and distributed it amongst every adult fairly, i hypothesize it would end up back into the same places it was within 3 generations.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:25 pm 

hnd wrote:
if you took everyones money away from them and distributed it amongst every adult fairly, i hypothesize it would end up back into the same places it was within 3 generations.

And at that time the people will shout to do it again.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:41 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
I would buy a dog for IkeSouth.

I would also buy Bears season tickets and then offer them to spada's kid. At the last minute I would pull them away and yell "psych" just so he could post "Boy near tear" rants every week.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
leashyourkids wrote:

I'd rather have a keg in your garage watching it rain

I'm out.