It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:09 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 438 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: Editing Posts
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:34 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
Calling someone a Nazi and calling someone a Nazi sympathizer is not the same thing.

This is being conveniently ignored.

It's a pretty fine line.

Anyway, there's an interesting conversation to be had here if it could be done dispassionately and without rancor which I doubt. :lol: Should people be able to hold bad beliefs and express those beliefs in a nonviolent manner without being attacked?

What we're really talking about is thought policing. We could use religion as an example. All the Abrahamic religions are supremacist by their very nature. Christians and Jews don't believe their supremacy will be manifested until they get to the next world. I don't believe that world exists so I have little problem with such supremacist thought. Muslims on the other hand, believe that their supremacy will be enshrined here on earth. That's an issue. I don't care of you think I'm an infidel. Just don't try to subjugate me or cut my head off. I'm certainly not going to attack you simply because you believe I'm a heathen.

Anyone can think or believe what they want but history doesn't really support what you continue to suggest. I'm not familiar with Muslim history in Europe. As far as the U.S. goes their actions are reactions to U.S. policy. There is a direct correlation. Religion is convenient spin by people that continue to promote the fallacy that the U.S. is infallible.

I'm not going to have this stupid argument. People were conquering in the name of Allah before Ben Franklin's great grandfather was born.

People were killing in the name of Christianity and Catholicism too. This stuff isn't going to go away with American propaganda or false conceptions of "Patriotism. Islam has been around for 1400 years yet tensions with America arose 40 years ago. It's stupid to continue propagating the myth that there is some sort of inherent antipathy towards America. It's B.S. and if they all are taught to hate then why don't Muslims in Asia have issues with the West?

Each thing I stated are facts that are supported by history and current norms.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:35 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
long time guy wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
Calling someone a Nazi and calling someone a Nazi sympathizer is not the same thing.

It's a pretty fine line.

Anyway, there's an interesting conversation to be had here if it could be done dispassionately and without rancor which I doubt. :lol: Should people be able to hold bad beliefs and express those beliefs in a nonviolent manner without being attacked?

What we're really talking about is thought policing. We could use religion as an example. All the Abrahamic religions are supremacist by their very nature. Christians and Jews don't believe their supremacy will be manifested until they get to the next world. I don't believe that world exists so I have little problem with such supremacist thought. Muslims on the other hand, believe that their supremacy will be enshrined here on earth. That's an issue. I don't care of you think I'm an infidel. Just don't try to subjugate me or cut my head off. I'm certainly not going to attack you simply because you believe I'm a heathen.

Anyone can think or believe what they want but history doesn't really support what you continue to suggest. I'm not familiar with Muslim history in Europe. As far as the U.S. goes their actions are reactions to U.S. policy. There is a direct correlation. Religion is convenient spin by people that continue to promote the fallacy that the U.S. is infallible.

I'm not going to have this stupid argument. People were conquering in the name of Allah before Ben Franklin's great grandfather was born.

People were killing in the name of Christianity and Catholicism too.

So? Who is defending that?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:40 am 

pizza_Place: Lou's, Pequod's
Y'all (I apologia for my Missouri upbringing) want to nail Seacrest to a cross.

It's quite simple, as he stated. Don't be a douche.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:41 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
He says some pretty insulting things himself.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:44 am 

leashyourkids wrote:
He says some pretty insulting things himself.

The irony they toyed w/ allowing [name redacted] to moderate them is not lost on me.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:51 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
long time guy wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
Douchebag wrote:

It's a pretty fine line.

People were killing in the name of Christianity and Catholicism too. This stuff isn't going to go away with American propaganda or false conceptions of "Patriotism. Islam has been around for 1400 years yet tensions with America arose 40 years ago. It's stupid to continue propagating the myth that there is some sort of inherent antipathy towards America. It's B.S. and if they all are taught to hate then why don't Muslims in Asia have issues with the West?

Each thing I stated are facts that are supported by history and current norms.

Except for the fact that Christianity and Catholicism are not two entirely different things. :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:52 am 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Anyone want to give me the cliff notes on the Apologist/IMU feud?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:54 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Jbi11s wrote:

No. Too many spoilers.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
What we're really talking about is thought policing. We could use religion as an example. All the Abrahamic religions are supremacist by their very nature. Christians and Jews don't believe their supremacy will be manifested until they get to the next world. I don't believe that world exists so I have little problem with such supremacist thought. Muslims on the other hand, believe that their supremacy will be enshrined here on earth. That's an issue. I don't care if you think I'm an infidel. Just don't try to subjugate me or cut my head off. I'm certainly not going to attack you simply because you believe I'm a heathen.

I can't watch the news anymore, because whatever program you tune into, it's an exercise in thought-policing, where the host by himself/herself or with a panel of experts is telling the viewing audience how to think from their subjective view of political correctness. It's always done to shame and vilify the target, which most of the time is Trump or the Republicans, with the intent of suppressing their voices, so that only the voices of the talking heads count or are valid. Because they are passive viewers without any ability for critical thinking, most people don't understand that such propaganda goes against the core principle of democracy of allowing all voices to be heard, even if they are not popular or don't agree with the mainstream. An end needs to be put to the fear-mongering and hate-inspiring propaganda being broadcast non-stop on cable news, because hate against white supremacists or another minority group is still hate. Both Obama and Trump deserve blame for stoking this hate. When do you ever hear a news show talk about unity and bringing the country together? Almost never. The thought-policing goes on on this board, too, all the time, usually with ad hominen attacks, but rarely with substantive arguments.

I disagree with your argument, JORR, that Christians believe themselves to be supreme, because it goes against the core tenet of Jesus' teaching of "Love Thy Neighbor as Thyself" and "forgiveness". You cannot say that about the Jews, whose idea of supremacy toward the goy is established in their sacred texts. When their messiah comes, then each jew will have many goy slaves. The idea that the two are even comparable is nonsense and based on ignorance.

Last edited by Dignified Rube on Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:59 am, edited 4 times in total.

Jbi11s wrote:

I think it was lost to the ages, or the search function on the other board.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:56 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
badrogue17 wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

No. Too many spoilers.

:lol:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:58 am 
Site Admin

Dignified Rube wrote:
such propaganda goes against the core principle of democracy of allowing all voices to be heard

The First Amendment isn't necessary to protect a guy handing out free ice cream. It's specifically designed to protect a bunch of dumbfuck scumbags marching around with Nazi flags.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:59 am 
Site Admin

badrogue17 wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

No. Too many spoilers.

:lol: I should probably log off now. I don't think it gets better than this today.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:03 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Dignified Rube wrote:
such propaganda goes against the core principle of democracy of allowing all voices to be heard

The First Amendment isn't necessary to protect a guy handing out free ice cream. It's specifically designed to protect a bunch of dumbfuck scumbags marching around with Nazi flags.

You can change the people in your statement and that argument has been made for many years.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:03 am 

pittmike wrote:

Quote:
Except for the fact that Christianity and Catholicism are not two entirely different things. :wink:

There is still a distinction albeit slight

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:05 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Catholicism is a form of Christianity.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:06 am 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
You guys let JORR side track this thread. Don't lose sight of the fact that we traded one bigfan for two more.

Last edited by IMU on Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:06 am 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Dignified Rube wrote:

Free speech is integral to the democratic process. No one says you have to agree with the scumbags marching with Nazi flags. But once one group of people gets away with calling another scumbags based on their subjective view of political correctness, then it's a slippery slope to making it acceptable to call another group, like Republicans, Mexicans or whomever, scumbags, too. Then we fall into incivility and the type of rancorous discourse that you say you oppose.

Last edited by Dignified Rube on Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:07 am 

leashyourkids wrote:
Catholicism is the correct form of Christianity.

Dignified Rube wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
What we're really talking about is thought policing. We could use religion as an example. All the Abrahamic religions are supremacist by their very nature. Christians and Jews don't believe their supremacy will be manifested until they get to the next world. I don't believe that world exists so I have little problem with such supremacist thought. Muslims on the other hand, believe that their supremacy will be enshrined here on earth. That's an issue. I don't care if you think I'm an infidel. Just don't try to subjugate me or cut my head off. I'm certainly not going to attack you simply because you believe I'm a heathen.

I can't watch the news anymore, because whatever program you tune into, it's an exercise in thought-policing, where the host by himself/herself or with a panel of experts is telling the viewing audience how to think from their subjective view of political correctness. It's always done to shame and vilify the target, which most of the time is Trump or the Republicans, with the intent of suppressing their voices, so that only the voices of the talking heads count or are valid. Because they are passive viewers without any ability for critical thinking, most people don't understand that such propaganda goes against the core principle of democracy of allowing all voices to be heard, even if they are not popular or don't agree with the mainstream. An end needs to be put to the fear-mongering and hate-inspiring propaganda being broadcast non-stop on cable news, because hate against white supremacists or another minority group is still hate. Both Obama and Trump deserve blame for stoking this hate. When do you ever hear a news show talk about unity and bringing the country together? Almost never. The thought-policing goes on on this board, too, all the time, usually with ad hominen attacks, but rarely with substantive arguments.

I disagree with your argument, JORR, that Christians believe themselves to be supreme, because it goes against the core tenet of Jesus' teaching of "Love Thy Neighbor as Thyself" and "forgiveness". You cannot say that about the Jews, whose idea of supremacy toward the goy is established in their sacred texts. When their messiah comes, then each Jew will have many goy slaves. The idea that the two are even comparable is nonsense and based on ignorance.

You never hear this but prior to Obama this left protesting/demonstrating did not seem to have this intensity. I do not mean to say he is causing this but the rebirth of strenuous civil disobedience, protesting and other "radical" moves are influenced by his background and supporters behind the scenes. That isn't necessarily a bad thing but people should recognize that some of the left have in fact become more aggressive for lack of a better term.

Dignified Rube wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Dignified Rube wrote:

Free speech is integral to the democratic process. No one says you have to agree with the scumbags marching with Nazi flags. But once one group of people gets away with calling another scumbags based on their subjective view of political correctness, then it's a slippery slope to making it acceptable to call another group, like Republicans, Mexicans or whomever, scumbags, too. Then we fall into incivility and the type of rancorous discourse that you say you oppose.
Free speech also includes speech about other peoples free speech.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:08 am 
Site Admin

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

Supremacy!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:08 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

Supremacy!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:09 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

This guy gets it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:10 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:12 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

DJ Luther wrote:
I got 95 Theses but a BRick ain't one.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:12 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Hank Scorpio wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

This guy gets it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:16 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Looks like I missed alot in this thread, but I did correctly call the perpetrator of the "edit', Seacrest. He's the "helicopter dad" of Internet Forums.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:21 am 

pizza_Place: John's
I will say this, JLN is a bright guy right? So why does he need "protection"? He sure likes to pick on the lightweight, LTG...but when the heavyweights on this board come after him, that's another story.

*LTG, please don't take offense to the word "lightweight". You are like the Mayweather of these boards....no you aren't going to deliver the knock out blow..but your stamina is unmatched. Believe me.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:28 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Did RPB ever apologize to JLN for suggesting he ran crying to an Admin about the posts ?

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 438 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next