It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:01 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 438 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: Editing Posts
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Darkside wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:
You're all fucking massive vaginas that need to get fucked.

Everybody needs a soap opera.

I was always partial to All My Children. That Bianca was one piece of ace. I know from experience dude.

No you don't.

No. No I don't. But I've got a friend and him and her GOT IT ON!

No they didn't.

No. No they didn't. But you can just imagine what it'd be like if they did.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Hank Scorpio wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

Everybody needs a soap opera.

I was always partial to All My Children. That Bianca was one piece of ace. I know from experience dude.

No you don't.

No. No I don't. But I've got a friend and him and her GOT IT ON!

No they didn't.

No. No they didn't. But you can just imagine what it'd be like if they did.

Let's assume they did.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Not a lot of Post Quoting Etiquette being followed here. Very sad

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou's, Pequod's
I gotta stand with Darkside here.

This forum isn't half of what it used to be as far as a Wild West environment under a different regime. The net culture has changed, the board has changed, and hopefully, maybe we have learned a little something as men (and Spaulding) about how to interact with other humans in general in that time frame. I've been here for over 9 years and 7k something posts, and I would wager that the other 99.7% of the board hardly noticed. To my knowledge, I don't think I've been in one of Brick's contests to date. And yet, I've really only had a skirmish, ever, with one guy.

Lil' Ericmessedup17 has a consistent and pervasive pattern of being a troll, upon being confronted will deflect on some imagined concept of board "credo" and retreat under the premise that there are no consequences to conducting oneself as douche, consistently. I've read some guys saying they've had drinks or hung out at board meetups to the effect of "well, he's really not that bad, in person..." but eventually that stuff is going to come out in the wash. I have no idea if Seacrest and aforementioned poster have some sort of beef, nor frankly do I care. Bottom line is, something was brought to the Seacrest's attention, and he did what he saw fit. Such are the consequences of conducting oneself in the manner of a 12-old girl in an AOL chatroom.
Yeah, it's just a message board. Character has a funny way of revealing itself. You can't just say whatever you want, whenever you want and run and hide from what you type here forever.

Last edited by Apologist on Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's
Briefly considered a Redditing Posts parody thread.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:08 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Hank Scorpio wrote:
seacrest wrote:
Or I could have just deleted the thread.

Do you prefer BigCrest or SeaFan?

Drama Hank.

If you consider calling someone an asshole, the same as impugning someone's character by calling them a Nazi the same thing, then I'm just going to agree to disagree

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:19 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Apologist wrote:

This forum isn't half of what it used to be as far as a Wild West environment under a different regime. The net culture has changed, the board has changed, and hopefully, maybe we have learned a little something as men (and Spaulding) about how to interact with other humans in general in that time frame. I've been here for over 9 years and 7k something posts, and I would wager that the other 99.7% of the board hardly noticed. To my knowledge, I don't think I've been in one of Brick's contests to date. And yet, I've really only had a skirmish, ever, with one guy.

Lil' Ericmessedup17 has a consistent and pervasive pattern of being a troll, upon being confronted will deflect on some imagined concept of board "credo" and retreat under the premise that there are no consequences to conducting oneself as douche, consistently. I've read some guys saying they've had drinks or hung out at board meetups to the effect of "well, he's really not that bad, in person..." but eventually that stuff is going to come out in the wash. I have no idea if Seacrest and aforementioned poster have some sort of beef, nor frankly do I care. Bottom line is, something was brought to the Seacrest's attention, and he did what he saw fit. Such are the consequences of conducting oneself in the manner of a 12-old girl in an AOL chatroom.
Yeah, it's just a message board. Character has a funny way of revealing itself. You can't just say whatever you want, whenever you want and run and hide from what you type here forever.

There's that fa.g talk again...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:25 pm 

SpiralStairs wrote:
Apologist wrote:

You're going to have to explain that one. I assume it's a reference to something else, because I don't give 2 shits who you choose to sleep with.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:26 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Apologist wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:
Apologist wrote:

You're going to have to explain that one. I assume it's a reference to something else, because I don't give 2 shits who you choose to sleep with.

What if he was sleeping with Ozzie Smith?

I'd find that upsetting.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:30 pm 

Darkside wrote:
Apologist wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:
Apologist wrote:

What if he was sleeping with Ozzie Smith?

I'd find that upsetting.

I'd find that equally upsetting, because if the Oz was that busy at night, I'm not sure how he became the greatest defensive player on the field of our generation. Then again, the rest of management was busy avoiding DUI's, so there is that...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:37 pm 

Apologist wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:
Apologist wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:39 pm 

You suck at Gifs, (hard G, btw) because I have no idea what you are talking about.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:45 pm 

A Cardinals fan and a Cubs fan united in hatred of IMU. Dogs and cats living together... anarchy.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Hank Scorpio wrote:
A Cardinals fan and a Cubs fan united in hatred of IMU. Dogs and cats living together... anarchy.

Mass hysteria.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:49 pm 

Apologist wrote:
You suck at Gifs, (hard G, btw) because I have no idea what you are talking about.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:50 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Papa Dells
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

Mass hysteria.

Forget it, he's rolling.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Seacrest wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
seacrest wrote:

Drama Hank.

If you consider calling someone an asshole, the same as impugning someone's character by calling them a Nazi the same thing, then I'm just going to agree to disagree

Seriously, though, where is the line drawn? We all need to know for future posting.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:52 pm 

SpiralStairs wrote:
Apologist wrote:

k

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:54 pm 

SpiralStairs wrote:
Apologist wrote:

Do you always reply in memes, or is that just because you have nothing original to say. GTFO troll.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:57 pm 

I truly love this place. In one thread we are all happy and joyous about Nas' son and the very next thread is full of insults. I don't care what anyone says, the board is still good.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:00 pm 

pizza_Place: *
Hank Scorpio wrote:
I truly love this place. In one thread we are all happy and joyous about Nas' son and the very next thread is full of insults. I don't care what anyone says, the board is still good.

No traces of you, what can I do?
Alone and confused

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:02 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:

I don't fuck around Hank. My people probably made that that keyboard you are typing on right now.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
leashyourkids wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
seacrest wrote:

Drama Hank.

Seriously, though, where is the line drawn? We all need to know for future posting.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Apologist wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

I don't fuck around Hank. My people probably made that that keyboard you are typing on right now.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:15 pm 

Apologist wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:
Apologist wrote:

Do you always reply in memes, or is that just because you have nothing original to say. GTFO troll.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:16 pm 

Apologist wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

You used to work for Commodore International?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
I really did not grasp just how many neo-Nazi sympathizers this board seems to have. Very sad!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
Let me run an interesting legal argument here. We have established the fact that admins are censoring statements relating to people being Nazis or members of a Nazi party. That means there is some sort of screening going on here. In a separate thread, we have people that are encouraging someone to get involved in a romantic relationship with a crack whore, and those posts were untouched. Would that person, after an unsuccessful relationship with the crack whore, have an argument that the administration should be held responsible as they chose to remove posts related to a clearly offensive topic, yet let his topic remain unfettered, yet knowing that the comments/advice were also clearly innacurate?

To defeat my own argument, I think the answer is no because one is dealing with slander, and the other could be framed as a judgment call. That being said, if there were another thread where someone was called a Nazi, and that was not edited/removed, I think you have a valid civil suit that the administration is not evenly applying their judgment to all threads. If you are saving one poster from being named a Nazi and not another, I think you are looking legally liable.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:59 pm 

Calling someone a Nazi and calling someone a Nazi sympathizer is not the same thing.

And seacrest might want to look up the definition of slander before throwing that term out.

This is a sad path for the board to go down. I thought we moved past this.

Have a blessed day

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 438 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 15  Next