It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:10 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 438 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: Editing Posts
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:29 am 

pizza_Place: John's
badrogue17 wrote:
Did RPB ever apologize to JLN for suggesting he ran crying to an Admin about the posts ?

Lets assume he did.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:29 am 

pittmike wrote:
Dignified Rube wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
What we're really talking about is thought policing. We could use religion as an example. All the Abrahamic religions are supremacist by their very nature. Christians and Jews don't believe their supremacy will be manifested until they get to the next world. I don't believe that world exists so I have little problem with such supremacist thought. Muslims on the other hand, believe that their supremacy will be enshrined here on earth. That's an issue. I don't care if you think I'm an infidel. Just don't try to subjugate me or cut my head off. I'm certainly not going to attack you simply because you believe I'm a heathen.

I can't watch the news anymore, because whatever program you tune into, it's an exercise in thought-policing, where the host by himself/herself or with a panel of experts is telling the viewing audience how to think from their subjective view of political correctness. It's always done to shame and vilify the target, which most of the time is Trump or the Republicans, with the intent of suppressing their voices, so that only the voices of the talking heads count or are valid. Because they are passive viewers without any ability for critical thinking, most people don't understand that such propaganda goes against the core principle of democracy of allowing all voices to be heard, even if they are not popular or don't agree with the mainstream. An end needs to be put to the fear-mongering and hate-inspiring propaganda being broadcast non-stop on cable news, because hate against white supremacists or another minority group is still hate. Both Obama and Trump deserve blame for stoking this hate. When do you ever hear a news show talk about unity and bringing the country together? Almost never. The thought-policing goes on on this board, too, all the time, usually with ad hominen attacks, but rarely with substantive arguments.

I disagree with your argument, JORR, that Christians believe themselves to be supreme, because it goes against the core tenet of Jesus' teaching of "Love Thy Neighbor as Thyself" and "forgiveness". You cannot say that about the Jews, whose idea of supremacy toward the goy is established in their sacred texts. When their messiah comes, then each Jew will have many goy slaves. The idea that the two are even comparable is nonsense and based on ignorance.

You never hear this but prior to Obama this left protesting/demonstrating did not seem to have this intensity. I do not mean to say he is causing this but the rebirth of strenuous civil disobedience, protesting and other "radical" moves are influenced by his background and supporters behind the scenes. That isn't necessarily a bad thing but people should recognize that some of the left have in fact become more aggressive for lack of a better term.

There are extreme elements found within any movement. White Supremacy isn't something I view from the perspective of politics. To me it supersedes right left divide. What they advocate is something that lies outside of political discourse. The paradoxical way in which they attempt to advocate for free speech is also off putting.

Under normal circumstances they wouldn't receive this much airplay but the fact that you have a President that is at the least receptive, and at most an advocate is what makes this newsworthy.

Trump has real power and if he is a proponent of this sort of ideology then this country needs to take action. Politically speaking of course.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:33 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
badrogue17 wrote:
Did RPB ever apologize to JLN for suggesting he ran crying to an Admin about the posts ?

Lets say he did...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:34 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
pittmike wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

Lets say he did...

Oh who fucking cares?!?!? JLN is just an annoying prick.

pizza_Place: Dino's
Jbi11s wrote:
Anyone want to give me the cliff notes on the Apologist/IMU feud?

IMU wears a stab vest on account of it.

-Hank Kingsley

Terry's Peeps wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
I'd love to hear an explanation. I can't imagine why that was edited

This won't be answered.

I think it will.

Not by the editor.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:35 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
long time guy wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Dignified Rube wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
What we're really talking about is thought policing. We could use religion as an example. All the Abrahamic religions are supremacist by their very nature. Christians and Jews don't believe their supremacy will be manifested until they get to the next world. I don't believe that world exists so I have little problem with such supremacist thought. Muslims on the other hand, believe that their supremacy will be enshrined here on earth. That's an issue. I don't care if you think I'm an infidel. Just don't try to subjugate me or cut my head off. I'm certainly not going to attack you simply because you believe I'm a heathen.

I can't watch the news anymore, because whatever program you tune into, it's an exercise in thought-policing, where the host by himself/herself or with a panel of experts is telling the viewing audience how to think from their subjective view of political correctness. It's always done to shame and vilify the target, which most of the time is Trump or the Republicans, with the intent of suppressing their voices, so that only the voices of the talking heads count or are valid. Because they are passive viewers without any ability for critical thinking, most people don't understand that such propaganda goes against the core principle of democracy of allowing all voices to be heard, even if they are not popular or don't agree with the mainstream. An end needs to be put to the fear-mongering and hate-inspiring propaganda being broadcast non-stop on cable news, because hate against white supremacists or another minority group is still hate. Both Obama and Trump deserve blame for stoking this hate. When do you ever hear a news show talk about unity and bringing the country together? Almost never. The thought-policing goes on on this board, too, all the time, usually with ad hominen attacks, but rarely with substantive arguments.

I disagree with your argument, JORR, that Christians believe themselves to be supreme, because it goes against the core tenet of Jesus' teaching of "Love Thy Neighbor as Thyself" and "forgiveness". You cannot say that about the Jews, whose idea of supremacy toward the goy is established in their sacred texts. When their messiah comes, then each Jew will have many goy slaves. The idea that the two are even comparable is nonsense and based on ignorance.

You never hear this but prior to Obama this left protesting/demonstrating did not seem to have this intensity. I do not mean to say he is causing this but the rebirth of strenuous civil disobedience, protesting and other "radical" moves are influenced by his background and supporters behind the scenes. That isn't necessarily a bad thing but people should recognize that some of the left have in fact become more aggressive for lack of a better term.

There are extreme elements found within any movement. White Supremacy isn't something I view from the perspective of politics. To me it supersedes right left divide. What they advocate is something that lies outside of political discourse. The paradoxical way in which they attempt to advocate for free speech is also off putting.

Under normal circumstances they wouldn't receive this much airplay but the fact that you have a President that is at the least receptive, and at most an advocate is what makes this newsworthy.

Trump has real power and if he is a proponent of this sort of ideology then this country needs to take action. Politically speaking of course.

I am not talking about supremacists singularly. I am talking about all aspects of our current discourse today. There must be a way to discuss there has been a change in recent years in the nature of left sided activism.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:36 am 

sjboyd0137 wrote:
pittmike wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

Lets say he did...

Roger Sterling is on the run! How will he respond? Diversion??!?!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:37 am 

pizza_Place: Lou's, Pequod's
Let the record show, I will advocate for running over posters with cars, but not editing.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:38 am 

badrogue17 wrote:

1. Why not address me? Im right here

2. My original post was clearly a guess and even included "I could be wrong"

3. In case it wasnt clear...

Dear JLN,

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:38 am 

Apologist wrote:
Let the record show, I will advocate for running over posters with cars, but not editing.

Not surprising to see a Cardinals fan "got to bat" for vehicular manslaughter.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:46 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
Apologist wrote:

Yeah, because painting with a broad brush always helps.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:01 am 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
rogers park bryan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Catholicism is a form of Christianity.
Catholicism is the correct form of Christianity.

Catholics to this day worship Karol, not knowing that he was punished by God, that is, consumed.

For such a holy man as he was supposed to be, he was not blessed at the end of his life. The same affliction that happened to Muhammad Ali, happened to the Pope also, causing his body to deteriorate and his hands to tremble. He covered up many sins of the Church, especially the priest molestations, while denying the child victims justice. It's truly a disgrace that they made Karol a saint for the sins he committed. I used to be an admirer of the Pope and cried when he died. But no longer.

The Catholic church should not even exist today, because of its moral depravity and man-made doctrine that deviates from Scripture. Yet, the sheepish Catholics continue to give the Beast their money, while turning a blind eye to its on-going atrocities and heresies.

Luther was long ago correct to question the Church.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:04 am 

Dignified Rube wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

Catholics to this day worship Karol, not knowing that he was punished by God, that is, consumed.

For such a holy man as he was supposed to be, he was not blessed at the end of his life. The same affliction that happened to Muhammad Ali, happened to the Pope also, causing his body to deteriorate and his hands to tremble. He covered up many sins of the Church, especially the priest molestations, while denying the child victims justice. It's truly a disgrace that they made Karol a saint for the sins he committed. I used to be an admirer of the Pope and cried when he died. But no longer.

The Catholic church should not even exist today, because of its moral depravity and man-made doctrine that deviates from Scripture. Yet, the sheepish Catholics continue to give the Beast their money, while turning a blind eye to its on-going atrocities and heresies.

Cry more. Catholics won. You lost.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:07 am 

Dignified Rube wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

This is why I side with the Catholics.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:15 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Apologist wrote:
Y'all (I apologia for my Missouri upbringing) want to nail Seacrest to a cross.

It's quite simple, as he stated. Don't be a douche.

It's not that simple. Since when the fuck is "don't be a douche" a rule here?

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:20 am 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Apologist wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Apologist wrote:

Isnt "Don't be a douche" painting with an even broader brush?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:21 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Caller Bob wrote:
Apologist wrote:

Well, it is somewhat out of character as, generally, they tend to just kill themselves.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:25 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Jbi11s wrote:
Apologist wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Apologist wrote:

Isnt "Don't be a douche" painting with an even broader brush?

#notalldouches

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:33 am 

Farvio, it's like the weed jokes. It's pandering to the demo, an easy default but loses points for creativity.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:53 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
sjboyd0137 wrote:
pittmike wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

Lets say he did...

Why Boyd, are we cross? What an ugly thing to say. I abhor ugliness. Does this mean we're not friends anymore? You know, Boyd, if I thought you weren't my friend, I just don't think I could bear it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:59 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
I can't believe my Elmhurst Steve thread was combined with another one.

This is disturbing.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:01 am 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
I can't believe my Elmhurst Steve thread was combined with another one.

This is disturbing.

:lol:
What did he say/call in to?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:46 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Douchebag wrote:
Calling someone a Nazi and calling someone a Nazi sympathizer is not the same thing.

And seacrest might want to look up the definition of slander before throwing that term out.

This is a sad path for the board to go down. I thought we moved past this.

Have a blessed day

Agreed.

Which is why the posts calling people Nazi sympathizers are still here.

You see how that works?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:47 am 

I'm shocked there wasn't an Editing Popes parody thread...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:50 am 

Seacrest wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
Calling someone a Nazi and calling someone a Nazi sympathizer is not the same thing.

And seacrest might want to look up the definition of slander before throwing that term out.

Have a blessed day

Agreed.

You see how that works?

I thought that's what IMU posted?

No?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:53 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Douchebag wrote:

Have a blessed day

Agreed.

You see how that works?

No?

One person says yes, one person says no.

With the post obliterated, there's no way to tell who's full of last week's lunch </Grobstein>.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:55 am 

Don Tiny wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Douchebag wrote:

Have a blessed day

Agreed.

You see how that works?

No?

With the post obliterated, there's no way to tell who's full of last week's lunch </Grobstein>.

Yet another instance where the failure to invent time travel comes back to bite us in the ass

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:55 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Don Tiny wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Douchebag wrote:

Have a blessed day

Agreed.

You see how that works?

No?

Not what one person said.

If you are going to appoint your self board Ombudsman have at it. Just be sure to read the entire thread.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:56 am 

Seacrest wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Douchebag wrote:

Have a blessed day

Agreed.

You see how that works?

No?

Not what one person said.

If you are going to appoint your self board Ombudsman have at it. Just be sure to read the entire thread.

Well I sure would like to read the whole thread, but some numbnuts deleted portions of it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 438 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next