It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:22 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:34 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
The father of our space program was literally a Nazi... not just a regular german Nazi, but SS membership level nazi..... Per the new Twitter social rules, the space exhibits at our museums shall be destroyed and all celebration of past achievements must stop!

Quote:
Wernher Magnus Maximilian Freiherr von Braun (March 23, 1912 – June 16, 1977) was a German, later American, aerospace engineer[3] and space architect credited with inventing the V-2 rocket for Nazi Germany and the Saturn V for the United States.[4][5] He was the leading figure in the development of rocket technology in Germany and the father of rocket technology and space science in the United States.

Following World War II, he was secretly moved to the United States, along with about 1,600 other scientists, engineers, and technicians, as part of Operation Paperclip, where he developed the rockets that launched the United States' first space satellite Explorer 1, and the Apollo program manned lunar landings.

In his twenties and early thirties, von Braun worked in Nazi Germany's rocket development program, where he helped design and develop the V-2 rocket at Peenemünde during World War II. Following the war, von Braun worked for the United States Army on an intermediate-range ballistic missile (IRBM) program before his group was assimilated into NASA. Under NASA, he served as director of the newly formed Marshall Space Flight Center and as the chief architect of the Saturn V launch vehicle, the superbooster that propelled the Apollo spacecraft to the Moon.[6] In 1975, he received the National Medal of Science. He continued insisting on the human mission to Mars throughout his life.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:40 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
There's no racism on the moon even though it's white .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:49 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
badrogue17 wrote:

Does the moon have white privilege?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:51 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Cashman wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

Only on one side.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Don Tiny wrote:
Cashman wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

Only on one side.

Not according to NdGT

NdGT wrote:
Pink Floyd‘s The Dark Side of the Moon boasts plenty of rock gravitas – but science? Not so much.

The ground-breaking album has long been celebrated for its remarkable musical depth, its striking cover design and its history-making run on the Billboard charts between 1973-88. The only problem, says noted scientist and TV personality Neil deGrasse Tyson, is that no dark side of the moon exists.

Over the course of his career, Tyson says he’s spent an inordinate amount of time trying to disabuse people – Pink Floyd fans or not – of this wrong-headed notion.
“I blame Pink Floyd for this,” Tyson tells the Hollywood Reporter. “There is no dark side! There’s a far side, and there’s a near side, but all sides of the moon receive sunlight. So, the fact that Pink Floyd had an album with that title meant I spent decades having to undo people’s [misconceptions]. As an educator, if I had a time machine, I’d go back and change the title of that to The Far Side of the Moon, and I would restore thousands of hours of my life.”

Tyson notes that some of the final words spoken on the album, as the song “Eclipse” ends, are actually “there is no dark side of the moon” – but confusion reigns again with the next line: “It’s all dark.”

The narrator of those lines was Gerry O’Driscoll, a doorman at Abbey Road Studios where Pink Floyd completed Dark Side of the Moon. He was one of several contributors who were enlisted by Roger Waters to provide spoken-word snippets throughout the project.

In reality, however, the final portion of his comments was edited out – and they actually might have pleased Tyson: “The only thing that makes it look light,” O’Driscoll said in the unreleased longer version, “is the sun.”

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:58 pm 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
the NASA program exists because we granted nazi scientists amnesty.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:37 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
NdGT wrote:
Pink Floyd‘s The Dark Side of the Moon boasts plenty of rock gravitas – but science? Not so much.

The ground-breaking album has long been celebrated for its remarkable musical depth, its striking cover design and its history-making run on the Billboard charts between 1973-88. The only problem, says noted scientist and TV personality Neil deGrasse Tyson, is that no dark side of the moon exists.

Over the course of his career, Tyson says he’s spent an inordinate amount of time trying to disabuse people – Pink Floyd fans or not – of this wrong-headed notion.
“I blame Pink Floyd for this,” Tyson tells the Hollywood Reporter. “There is no dark side! There’s a far side, and there’s a near side, but all sides of the moon receive sunlight. So, the fact that Pink Floyd had an album with that title meant I spent decades having to undo people’s [misconceptions]. As an educator, if I had a time machine, I’d go back and change the title of that to The Far Side of the Moon, and I would restore thousands of hours of my life.”

Tyson notes that some of the final words spoken on the album, as the song “Eclipse” ends, are actually “there is no dark side of the moon” – but confusion reigns again with the next line: “It’s all dark.”

The narrator of those lines was Gerry O’Driscoll, a doorman at Abbey Road Studios where Pink Floyd completed Dark Side of the Moon. He was one of several contributors who were enlisted by Roger Waters to provide spoken-word snippets throughout the project.

In reality, however, the final portion of his comments was edited out – and they actually might have pleased Tyson: “The only thing that makes it look light,” O’Driscoll said in the unreleased longer version, “is the sun.”

This is self-parody shit right here. Actually, if there is, somehow, a Heaven, it would not be accessible by stairway. Shut up, nerd.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou's, Pequod's
There was a race of sorts to get all the Nazi rocket scientists. Was definitely something that made the Cold War a thing.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Racism on the Moon would be a great band name.