It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 1:55 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:22 am 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
If you like the idea of a highway system.....you might be a Nazi.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
A sample of just over a thousand people reached by phone and not one mention of how the results were massaged to account for any kind of selection/sampling biases is not easily extrapolated to the entire US population, as LTG did by saying "Or 30 million Americans...", I know that.

Thank you for confirming that you don't understand polling.

Then please, enlighten me, Dr. Douche Canoe.

Paging Dr. Canoe, Dr. Douche Canoe....

I'd be interested to know how polling works, too.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
I am not surprised to find JLN defending 9% of Americans finding Nazi views acceptable.

**This post does not, and has not previously, called JLN a Nazi. It does, however, imply that JLN has previously made comments that can be taken as extremely sympathetic to the Neo Nazi cause.**

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:57 pm 

IMU wrote:
I am not surprised to find JLN defending 9% of Americans finding Nazi views acceptable.

**This post does not, and has not previously, called JLN a Nazi. It does, however, imply that JLN has previously made comments that can be taken as extremely sympathetic to the Neo Nazi cause.**

You're welcome, Seacrest.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
IMU wrote:

What exactly have I defended in this thread? Is asking what "find acceptable" means in the context of this poll somehow defending Naziism? Is saying that a poll failing to adjust for sampling bias may not extrapolate well to the US population at large defending Naziism?

Just how big of a piece of shit are you?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:29 pm 

What exactly have I defended in this thread?

People finding Nazi views acceptable.

Is asking what "find acceptable" means in the context of this poll somehow defending Naziism?

Yes. "Hello, Mr. Nazi, I'd really like to find something about your views acceptable, so please take some time to explain your thoughts to me."

Let me give you an example of normal people react to Nazi and Nazi sympathizers:

"You're a Nazi? Fuck you!"

Is saying that a poll failing to adjust for sampling bias may not extrapolate well to the US population at large defending Naziism?

I'm sorry the pollsters didn't ask for you to clarify which pro-Nazi views are acceptable to report on.

Just how big of a piece of shit are you?

Less of a piece of shit than a Nazi and their sympathizers.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:30 pm 

A sample size of 1,000 people finding Nazi views acceptable is alarming, even if they only polled Nazis.

If there is a mandatory nationwide poll that finds even 0.001% of Americans finding Nazi views acceptable, we have a nationwide problem.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:33 pm 

IMU wrote:
Is asking what "find acceptable" means in the context of this poll somehow defending Naziism?

Yes.

Alright then.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:48 pm 

I didn't know the 'M' in 'IMU' stood for "McCarthy".

Listen, hater of autistic children, I have no love, nor sympathy for Nazi's, neo- or old-school. I DO have sympathy for the rights of citizens of this country.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:50 pm 

Listen, hater of autistic children, I have no love, nor sympathy for Nazi's, neo- or old-school. I DO have sympathy for the rights of citizens of this country.
Like I asked before, the only acceptable answer to this is that the views of Nazis are Constitutionally acceptable.

If you found out that your neighbor or co-worker was a Nazi would you find it acceptable enough to voluntarily associate with them?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
IMU wrote:
A sample size of 1,000 people finding Nazi views acceptable is alarming, even if they only polled Nazis.

If there is a mandatory nationwide poll that finds even 0.001% of Americans finding Nazi views acceptable, we have a nationwide problem.

As I stated. When the release the results of polls like this,they should also release the questions asked. The Nazis if you look at their belief system have some striking simulates to New Age"Hippie" freaks. Vegetarianism,getting back to the natural way of things. Mysticism. They really need to giv the questions asked and how they where graded.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:56 pm 

Listen, hater of autistic children

Slander. Reported.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:58 pm 

chaspoppcap wrote:
IMU wrote:

As I stated. When the release the results of polls like this,they should also release the questions asked. The Nazis if you look at their belief system have some striking simulates to New Age"Hippie" freaks. Vegetarianism,getting back to the natural way of things. Mysticism. They really need to giv the questions asked and how they where graded.

Holy shit chas. I have NO INTEREST in looking at their belief system. Are you serious? Everything they could possibly stand for or support is immediately dismissed once you learn of any views they hold that are associated with bigotry.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:59 pm 

I am just stating that unless we know what the question where and how asked and weighted polls like this are basically meaningless

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:59 pm 

IMU wrote:
Listen, hater of autistic children

Slander. Reported.

It's like J. Jonah Jameson taught us nothing.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:00 pm 

If Muslim Americans held marches in this country which were celebratory towards ISIS would you be sympathetic towards their rights to protest as well?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:00 pm 

chaspoppcap wrote:
I am just stating that unless we know what the question where and how asked and weighted polls like this are basically meaningless

Quote:
The Post-ABC survey finds overwhelming majorities across party lines saying it is unacceptable to hold white supremacist views, while 9 percent overall say such views are acceptable.

I need no further clarity on the poll. If you do, that is your own problem.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:04 pm 

long time guy wrote:

If Muslim Americans held marches in this country which were celebratory towards ISIS would you be sympathetic towards their rights to protest as well?

No,that is because we are kinda technically at war wit those people. We have already bombed and ground those other people into the dust.No War=annoyance.At War=Treason. See the difference?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:05 pm 

long time guy wrote:

Yep.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:08 pm 

chaspoppcap wrote:
long time guy wrote:

No,that is because we are kinda technically at war wit those people. We have already bombed and ground those other people into the dust.No War=annoyance.At War=Treason. See the difference?

Is it treasonous? You sure?

Using your logic we have signed a treaty with Germany so wouldn't support of Nazi ideology be a violation of the treaty? Isn't that treason since unlike "technically", we really were at war with Germany.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:14 pm 

long time guy wrote:

Yep.

You are a strict constructionist when it comes to the Constitution. How do you feel about the fact that Chas just said that we are at war with ISIS? If we were it would be unconstitutional. I think you know why also.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:19 pm 

long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Yep.

You are a strict constructionist when it comes to the Constitution. How do you feel about the fact that Chas just said that we are at war with ISIS? If we were it would be unconstitutional. I think you know why also.

No, I am not.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:26 pm 

I'm happy that JLN can champion the rights of Nazis and ISIS, but criticizes Chus for publishing public information on a public forum.

I may not get along with Chus, but I'm pretty sure I'd rather support him and criticize Nazis and ISIS.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
IMU wrote:
I'm happy that JLN can champion the rights of Nazis and ISIS, but criticizes Chus for publishing public information on a public forum.

I may not get along with Chus, but I'm pretty sure I'd rather support him and criticize Nazis and ISIS.

:roll: :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:25 am 

long time guy wrote:
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/percent-americans-neo-nazis-acceptable-survey-article-1.3430885

Quote:
The poll surveyed 1,014 adults

The poll surveyed adults across the country from Aug. 16 to 20 through calls to their cell phones or land lines.

Self-biasing sample, much? Just like the BS "1 in 5" studies, it is imperative to know the response rate.

Also, what exactly does "find acceptable" mean? As in, it is acceptable for people to voice those views without fear of violent reprisal or sanction from the government? If so, this poll is alarming, but not in the way you think it is.

Immediate efforts were made to discredit the study.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:46 am 

long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/percent-americans-neo-nazis-acceptable-survey-article-1.3430885

Quote:

The poll surveyed adults across the country from Aug. 16 to 20 through calls to their cell phones or land lines.

Self-biasing sample, much? Just like the BS "1 in 5" studies, it is imperative to know the response rate.

Also, what exactly does "find acceptable" mean? As in, it is acceptable for people to voice those views without fear of violent reprisal or sanction from the government? If so, this poll is alarming, but not in the way you think it is.

DON'T ASK QUESTIONS ABOUT STUDIES THAT REINFORCE WHAT I THINK!!

You're an absolute clown, dude.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:50 am 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
Fascism > Communism.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:52 am 

long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Quote:

DON'T ASK QUESTIONS ABOUT STUDIES THAT REINFORCE WHAT I THINK!!

You're an absolute clown, dude.

So is everyone else that disagrees with you. That shit is about as hollow as the vagina of Vanessa Del Rio right about now.

The fact remains that you immediately compared it to studies that you consider to be "B.S" then proceeded to tell me what I "think" when i up until that point i Hadn't provided it.

It is part of a consistent pattern. It was no surprise to me that you would be among the first to discredit it either.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:01 am 

long time guy wrote:
So is everyone else that disagrees with you. That shit is about as hollow as the vagina of Vanessa Del Rio right about now.

The fact remains that you immediately compared it to studies that you consider to be "B.S" then proceeded to tell me what I "think" when i up until that point i Hadn't provided it.

It is part of a consistent pattern. It was no surprise to me that you would be among the first to discredit it either.

I immediately compared it to other response-dependent studies because...that's how thinking and learning and deduction all work, you know that right?

What question did I ask of the study that was illegitimate?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:03 am 

long time guy wrote:

I immediately compared it to other response-dependent studies because...that's how thinking and learning and deduction all work, you know that right?

What question did I ask of the study that was illegitimate?

You compared it to a study you consider "B.S." Is that fact somehow lost on you? That is what is commonly known as a"loaded term".

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next