It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:11 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: rambling thoughts
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
I been thinking a lot about Heaven,especially after my brother Tom passed. What is it like? What do you do there ? After some thought two not of the Bible depictions come close to what I kind of think it might be like.
On St Elsewhere,Dr Wayne Fisckus(Howie Mandel) is shot and hovers near death for the entire hour. He travels between Heaven,Hell and Purgatory. All where good depictions and Heaven was a decent one to my young mind. A place of rest and peace. No harps and endless white robes. The other one comes even closer. A much maligned movie I think for the simple fact in that that the lead actor was Robin Williams and no one was used to him being so serious at the time. What Dreams May Come.
In this version,you where not locked into your outward representation. Once you came to settle on how you wanted to have others see you that how it would be plus the physical realm itself was malleable.
That is how I am coming to see Heaven,you can do or be anything there. For me I know I would be eating my favorites,my grandparents food and sitting in my favorite seat at Wrigley watching a game.
Listening to music played by the greatest ever ,all the while basing in God's glory and knowing that I was there because of his love. I also think that it will be open to all of God's children who hold in the belief that he is the way,not just for Christians or Jews or Muslims but for those who try to live in peace and harmony with each other. I want to sit and watch Socrates debate Nietzsche. Hug my Grandfather and tell him I miss him. Walk to the throne everyday and ask for pardons for my sins. I just want to know that there is salvation. That this is not the sum of it all.