It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:35 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Verrit
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:39 am 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
FavreFan wrote:
I've read a bit about this website and I guess I still don't really understand it's raison d'etre. Is it just that people are too dumb to Google the dumbass memes they want to use in Facebook arguments to see if they're actually true?

This. So much this.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:54 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
FavreFan wrote:
I've read a bit about this website and I guess I still don't really understand it's raison d'etre. Is it just that people are too dumb to Google the dumbass memes they want to use in Facebook arguments to see if they're actually true?

They can't really expect people to bark serial numbers at each other.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:07 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
rogers park bryan wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

That's what it seems like.

Basically it's another snopes-style "verification" / "mythbusting" website with an official sounding "verification #/system" thats meant to prop up "NUH UH" type arguments all over the internet for the 65.8mil "good upstanding people"...

...but of course it's got shady/dubious ownership and the barebones website doesn't have anything going on outside of a proper donation button/page, so it's prolly some hybrid of a snopes+political hybrid-wannabe and yet another money laundering front cuz you know, nobody wants to have their ownership info discoverable via the domain name + website and outside of their memetic-style "facts" the only prominent thing on the website is a donate button (encouraging $20-100+ at a time IIRC)

So uhhh *claps hands* don't ask too many questions about it or else you might get in a terrible [car/etc] accident where you end up dying from the 3-5 point blank range shots in the back of the head at the end of the "accident" 100% #ClintonStyle 8) 8)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:22 am 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese

Billionaire Dem gives money to Hillary, news at 10.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:34 am 

sinicalypse wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

That's what it seems like.

Basically it's another snopes-style "verification" / "mythbusting" website with an official sounding "verification #/system" thats meant to prop up "NUH UH" type arguments all over the internet for the 65.8mil "good upstanding people"...

...but of course it's got shady/dubious ownership and the barebones website doesn't have anything going on outside of a proper donation button/page, so it's prolly some hybrid of a snopes+political hybrid-wannabe and yet another money laundering front cuz you know, nobody wants to have their ownership info discoverable via the domain name + website and outside of their memetic-style "facts" the only prominent thing on the website is a donate button (encouraging $20-100+ at a time IIRC)

I keep going back to this over and over and over: https://twitter.com/jakebackpack/status ... 9187864576

Jake Bacharach wrote:
Common trope in media criticism: the media is/was structurally incapable of noting that the GOP is no longer a "normal" political party. Wrong! The GOP is a normal political party. It's the Democrats that are something else. The GOP is a distasteful, racist, weird party. Sure. But its fundamental commitment at all levels is getting itself elected. That's what parties do. Their whole purpose is to provide an infrastructure through which individual candidates can win office.

The Democrats, on the other hand, are something more like a nebulous consultancy for people too lazy to finish grad school. The Democrats are a "strategic communications firm" that bills city governments looking for "smart solutions" to "the problems of tomorrow." I make fun of the GOP as a party of professional grifters, which they are. But the Braziles of the world are running the *real* scam. In the immortal words of Frank Zappa, "we're only in it for the money."

If you try to understand the Democrats as a political party, you come away confused. If you consider them a "think tank," they make sense. Like a think tank, their main purpose is to employ failed academics, the Yglesii of the world pretending to do research. The Dems' main concern is to scam six-figure salaries for guys with Ivy-League BAs, too dumb to manage grad schools language requirements. We laugh about all the right-wing welfare publications, but the whole Democratic party is welfare for Ivy-League mediocrities. The GOP is shitty, but it's a regular, recognizable political party. Sure, it's got plenty of scammers, but at a fundamental level? What did the GOP do, in and out of power? It thought about winning elections, starting at the state level. What did the Dems do? They gave each other jobs. When they accidentally got power, they dithered and compromised. People mock Trump's laziness, but what did Obama do in the first 100 days with a supermajority? Make some laconic comments?

So I will join you in fighting against the "normalization" of Trump, but I won't let you pretend the GOP is something new. The GOP is America's right-wing party. It has been for nearly a century. It is the Democrats who became something weirder. "For every vote we lose in central PA, we'll gain 2 republicans in the suburbs"? Lol. Sounds like a "communications" grift to me. Sell that shit to the under-funded non-profit down the road. I'm not buying.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:45 am 

Jake Bacharach wrote:

The Democrats, on the other hand, are something more like a nebulous consultancy for people too lazy to finish grad school. The Democrats are a "strategic communications firm" that bills city governments looking for "smart solutions" to "the problems of tomorrow."

A long and ultimately unsuccessful sojourn in grad school made me think that I was the only one who saw Democrats this way. I can't tell you how relieving it is to know that it's not just me.

209778746238930511.6 (cubed)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:52 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
It's a site for butthurt Clinton voters. The tagline " for the 65.8 million" is a dog whistle suggesting that Clinton is really president. No wonder she endorses it. Remember when she was appalled that Trump might not accept the election results?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:58 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
It's a site for butthurt Clinton voters. The tagline " for the 65.8 million" is a dog whistle suggesting that Clinton is really president. No wonder she endorses it. Remember when she was appalled that Trump might not accept the election results?

I wonder what Clinton's numbers for generations of Whites were. (Not even sure there is a reliable measurement of this.) I wonder if White Boomers gave HRC her most support? I have no idea. So many people vote mindlessly, but among the independent Gen Xers (even some a little above and below the traditional generational cut offs) I know, most seemed to despise Hillary. Probably just a people-I-know bias, though.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:15 am 

tommy wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I wonder what Clinton's numbers for generations of Whites were. (Not even sure there is a reliable measurement of this.) I wonder if White Boomers gave HRC her most support? I have no idea.

Old black women love Hillary. That genius Joy-Ann Reid went on the Daily Show and said the Democratic Party needs to focus on "church hat ladies" that are the real backbone of the party and stop trying to appeal to "Coors Light drinkers" on economic issues. There aren't even enough churchgoing black ladies to win Georgia, what the fuck are you doing.

This is fresh off her Twitter faceplant of saying Melania Trump was from "Soviet Yugoslavia," a former country that consisted of modern-day Slovenia and Slovakia.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:19 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

https://twitter.com/billscher/status/905605816866230272

Good luck making sense of this

+/- ratings, NBC/WSJ

Obama 51/35
Bush 45/30
Sanders 44/30
Trump 36/52
HRC 30/53

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:21 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

+/- ratings, NBC/WSJ

Obama 51/35
Bush 45/30
Sanders 44/30
Trump 36/52
HRC 30/53

Most people hate/dislike Madame President?

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:23 am 
Site Admin

Terry's Peeps wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

+/- ratings, NBC/WSJ

Obama 51/35
Bush 45/30
Sanders 44/30
Trump 36/52
HRC 30/53

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:27 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
If she could go away forever that would be great.

Also, if most of these "65.8 million" would take their protesting efforts and put it into local elections and gov't, they would inact real change for themselves on their neighbors.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:29 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

+/- ratings, NBC/WSJ

Obama 51/35
Bush 45/30
Sanders 44/30
Trump 36/52
HRC 30/53

Yes I thought it was fairly easy to make sense of as well.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:30 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Also, if most of these "65.8 million" would take their protesting efforts and put it into local elections and gov't, they would inact real change for themselves on their neighbors.

And if poor whites and minorities realized they were on the same team they would change the entire system.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:32 am 

That "68.5 million" figure assumes that everyone who voted for Hillary did so enthusiastically and liberally, and not as "I live in a McMansion in hellworld Northern Virginia and I see big money in drone-striking everyone Hillary Clinton wants to kill," or "I voted and campaigned for Bernie Sanders but I live in Michigan," or "both of these people are terrible beyond words and neither will improve my material conditions but I can't in good conscience vote for a serial rapist game show host with dementia," and that everyone who voted for Hillary gets in arguments online and has to spit "authentication codes" at people to win them. It's not for 68.5 million voters, it's for 75,000 Twitter users.

Nas wrote:
And if poor whites and minorities realized they were on the same team they would change the entire system.

"Will breaking up the big banks end racism? NO!!!"

Last edited by Curious Hair on Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:34 am 
Site Admin

She's like Norma Desmond. "Mr Daou, I'm ready for my close-up."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:36 am 

Nas wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Or if they voted.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:37 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
She's like Norma Desmond. "Mr Daou, I'm ready for my close-up."

From Hillary's 9/11:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:42 am 

Why does the world fail to recognize that this was the second un losable national election that she lost, to say nothing of the third one in which she was taken to the limit?

Look at her three opponents (Obama, Sanders, Trump). All three of them should have been buried by a good candidate.

Despite that evidence, we are supposed to sit here wringing our hands over the election and waiting for her return in 2022?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:46 am 

Peter Daou is so normal. I wish I could be this normal.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:46 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
rogers park bryan wrote:
Nas wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Or if they voted.

Pretty sure that wouldn't change much for them.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:50 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Curious Hair wrote:

Peter Daou is so normal. I wish I could be this normal.

:lol:

Goddamn. I usually don't partake in the whole "beta" meme here, but I can't currently come up with a better insult for that bottom comment.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:54 am 

He used to be a musician and wrote songs about how his aunt fucked:

Quote:
Daou has never been ashamed of Fear of Flying in the way his mother has, even though it contains lurid accounts of his aunt’s douching process and portrays his father as a greasy nymphomaniac. To the contrary, he seemed to embrace the book. In 1992, Peter and his then-wife Vanessa formed The Daou, a dance-pop group that scored a minor hit with the single “Surrender Yourself.” To follow it up, Peter and Vanessa opted to record a concept album about Fear of Flying in 1994. Yes, really. The album, billed as solo Vanessa Daou and produced by Peter, was titled Zipless. Lead single “Near the Black Forest,” which takes its title from a chapter of Fear of Flying, is about as sexual as you could get in 1994 without triggering an obscenity trial. The video opens with a hand undoing a zipper, and then it reveals Vanessa caressing her hips and breasts atop a platform in a steamy, possibly gay nightclub — in character, as Peter’s aunt. Just to reiterate, Daou and his wife wrote and recorded an album about his aunt’s sex memoirs in which a character based on his dad pressures her into a blow job.

America's leading political operative/classic B96 sex jam artist, unless the Captain Hollywood Project got really into Dennis Kucinich and no one told me.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Jobu
This thread might as well have been written in Greek or Arabic. I have no idea what any of this means. If I ever meet Peter Daou I will act aloof like I have never heard of him, because it is true. I am sure he is very smart, however.

Go Yankees!

1999-2000-2009
----------
XXI - XXV - XLII - XLVI

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Nas wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

There was a candidate who tried to help them realize that.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:53 am 

stoneroses86 wrote:
This thread might as well have been written in Greek or Arabic. I have no idea what any of this means. If I ever meet Peter Daou I will act aloof like I have never heard of him, because it is true. I am sure he is very smart, however.

Go Yankees!

There is a whole cadre of people referenced at this place as very important people who are completely absent from my consciousness. I cannot decide if it is my ignorance or other people's knowledge that is the problem.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:38 am 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
Curious Hair wrote:

faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagggggggggggggggggggggggggg

That complaint will be etched into my mind forever. "you agreed with someone who mocked something I was a part of!"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:53 am 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
there is a friend of my wifes who is in full resist mode on fb. my wife asked me what is going on in the world because this other lady complaining that people are posting unverified memes or some shit and everything she posts has some verification number on it.

this lady is completely unhinged. they have a child who likes to wear dress up dresses every once in a while like his sisters and like pink. he's 8. they now have changed his name to Raven and tell everyone he's a girl now. thats who this website is for and i assure you there aren't 65 million of them.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:54 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
hnd wrote:
there is a friend of my wifes who is in full resist mode on fb. my wife asked me what is going on in the world because this other lady complaining that people are posting unverified memes or some shit and everything she posts has some verification number on it.

this lady is completely unhinged. they have a child who likes to wear dress up dresses every once in a while like his sisters and like pink. he's 8. they now have changed his name to Raven and tell everyone he's a girl now. thats who this website is for and i assure you there aren't 65 million of them.

You're a bigot for thinking boys shouldn't wear dresses.