It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 1:33 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:13 am 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Darkside wrote:
chaspoppcap wrote:
IMU wrote:
Chas get out of here man!

If I ever meet you I have to make sure I have bail money cuse you are getting a throat punch for sure.

That was a really stupid thing to post.

Now he knows what you'll be aiming for and will be ready. You need to surprise him.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:18 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
30 ACT today = 26 (or lower) previously. they've been inflating the fuck out of college board scores since the 90's. They've "recentered" the scoring (adjusted scores up and up and up) like 3 times since 2000.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:32 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Hussra wrote:
30 ACT today = 26 (or lower) previously. they've been inflating the fuck out of college board scores since the 90's. They've "recentered" the scoring (adjusted scores up and up and up) like 3 times since 2000.

SAT wen tin the other direction incidentally. 0-1600 now rather than 2400.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:12 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:45 am 

When Gina Grad was doing her bs MENSA thing on Carolla, she mentioned that MENSA had stopped accepting college board (SAT/ACT) scores at all back in the 90's; the producers of those tests having fucked with the content and scoring to such an extent as to make them suspect as measures of general aptitude.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:11 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
T-Bone wrote:
ToxicMasculinity wrote:
Tell her to join the Air Force after she goes broke

This is certainly an option. We are going to have to take a real close look at this if things still don't look good by the holidays.
It's frustrating because she is not a total lost cause. This is a girl that got a 30 on her ACT but just lacks a work ethic and a lot
of common sense. She is battling depression as well which isn't helping things but she told her mother that she has not taken
her meds for it since she moved back. Brilliant move! Nothing that a little alcohol and hanging out with other immature people
won't fix.

It's difficult to say no and understand when a little bit is helping and doing the right thing or enabling and throwing gas on a fire.

My wife's oldest finished school and is living on her own in AZ, but still needs help once in a while. We've tried to get her to come home, get settled and put a little money in the bank. She's holding firm on staying there.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out with my kids and see if I'm so willing to say no and let them fail a little.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
hook her up with Biggie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:16 pm 

Hatchetman wrote:
hook her up with Biggie

Doesn't sound like wdelaney has a son.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Douchebag wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:
hook her up with Biggie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Douchebag wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:
hook her up with Biggie

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Douchebag wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:
hook her up with Biggie

Stop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hahahahaha.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:51 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
:lol: Thanks for the suggestion

For the record....2 sons + 1 step-son + 2 step-daughters.

one kid short of the fucking Brady bunch.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Investigating
Gonna be difficult getting that new found image of delaney with a perm out of my head. :shaking:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:44 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:29 pm 

Lead track off of one of those Sonic Mook compilations from back when electro had its brief renaissance in the early-mid aughts:

Ladytron also included it on their soft-core jukebox comp

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:34 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
My wife told me 2 weeks ago to completely stop following my step daughter on social media, I am pretty sure she was getting very annoyed
about my complaining. Best advice I have gotten this year. I did find out in preparation for having her here starting Wednesday evening
that she was getting a new tattoo but I am not even going to say anything about that. My wife told me I need to be on my best behavior
from Wednesday night until Sunday morning when everyone leaves. Pretty sure I can handle that. My plan will be to get to the gym
each morning for stress relief and time to myself.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:37 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
This is your (and your wife's) house. *She* needs to be on her best behavior as she is a guest.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:39 am 

T-Bone wrote:
My wife told me 2 weeks ago to completely stop following my step daughter on social media, I am pretty sure she was getting very annoyed
about my complaining. Best advice I have gotten this year. I did find out in preparation for having her here starting Wednesday evening
that she was getting a new tattoo but I am not even going to say anything about that. My wife told me I need to be on my best behavior
from Wednesday night until Sunday morning when everyone leaves. Pretty sure I can handle that. My plan will be to get to the gym

I am not trying to put any thoughts in your head or imply anything whatsoever. Obviously, I do not know anything about you and your relationships. My cynical nature screams out to me the the bold statement means so you can't see your wife somehow supporting her daughter and whatnot without your knowledge.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:39 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
This is your (and your wife's) house. *She* needs to be on her best behavior as she is a guest.

That too.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:42 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
pittmike wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

I am not trying to put any thoughts in your head or imply anything whatsoever. Obviously, I do not know anything about you and your relationships. My cynical nature screams out to me the the bold statement means so you can't see your wife somehow supporting her daughter and whatnot without your knowledge.

Honestly, after seeing some of my own family doing that, I thought the same thing...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:43 am 

pittmike wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

My wife wouldn't do that. She doesn't comment on her social posts and most of their conversations happen on the phone. I just stopped asking about
what she was up to. My wife will always be supportive of her daughter but not in a backhanded way.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:44 am 

pittmike wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

That too.

I suspect she will be, I think what she was implying is that I don't need to instigate anything and since I don't know what is going on with her, I
really don't have a way to pick a fight.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:15 am 

Good luck with the weekend. Most likely it will be fine right? Anyway, I would not say much either if in your position except maybe the very subtle comment over her head after beers.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:18 am 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
T-Bone wrote:
ToxicMasculinity wrote:

This is certainly an option. We are going to have to take a real close look at this if things still don't look good by the holidays.
It's frustrating because she is not a total lost cause. This is a girl that got a 30 on her ACT but just lacks a work ethic and a lot
of common sense. She is battling depression as well which isn't helping things but she told her mother that she has not taken
her meds for it since she moved back. Brilliant move! Nothing that a little alcohol and hanging out with other immature people
won't fix.

I was a kid with a 32 on my ACT in the early 2000s with zero fucking motivation. Graduated and fucked off at U of I for a year and drank too much.

The Army showed me what I could do if I applied myself. NCO in three years, jumpmaster, expert medic shiiit I was the goods. If it wasnt for the military who knows where I'd be now.

Whether its the Air Force or the Peace Corps, two to three years of civil service can build character.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:29 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
ToxicMasculinity wrote:
Whether its the Air Force or the Peace Corps, two to three years of civil service can build character.

Clearly you haven't met FavreFan

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:36 am 

pittmike wrote:
Good luck with the weekend. Most likely it will be fine right? Anyway, I would not say much either if in your position except maybe the very subtle comment over her head after beers.

I am sure it will be fine. I appreciate you guys opinions either way. I am not one to fly off the handle about things.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:41 am 

ToxicMasculinity wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
ToxicMasculinity wrote:

won't fix.

I was a kid with a 32 on my ACT in the early 2000s with zero fucking motivation. Graduated and fucked off at U of I for a year and drank too much.

The Army showed me what I could do if I applied myself. NCO in three years, jumpmaster, expert medic shiiit I was the goods. If it wasnt for the military who knows where I'd be now.

All I know is that she seems very happy right now according to her mom. We are happy for her in that respect. I don't understand taking time
away from school and trying to "find" myself because I just wanted school to be done with school I could get a decent job and start living my life. Things
have changed a lot in 20 years. We are aware of the Armed Forces, as my stepdaughters dad is an Iraq War vet and my wife lived on various bases
during her marriage to him. Hoping she can find her own way.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:31 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
ToxicMasculinity wrote:

Clearly you haven't met FavreFan

I didn't say good character....

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Gigio's in Des Plaines
ToxicMasculinity wrote:
I was a kid with a 32 on my ACT

Yeah, I’d be shocked if it was even half of that.

When you went to the military, was it kind of like the movie Stripes?

Consider it an achievement if you can wipe your ass without getting shit all over your hand.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:21 pm 

whiskey dick wrote:
ToxicMasculinity wrote:
I was a kid with a 32 on my ACT

Yeah, I’d be shocked if it was even half of that.

When you went to the military, was it kind of like the movie Stripes?

Consider it an achievement if you can wipe your ass without getting shit all over your hand.

I use a bidet.

Have a blessed day

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5