It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:43 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
T-Bone wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
She told her mother yesterday that after she
moves out she plans on cutting herself out of our family unit altogether. .

That's the line she's using because her mom coddles her and think's she will cave and override you.

Yes, she knows it hurts her mom and that makes me even angrier but my wife even told me last night before
we turned in that she appreciated me standing up for her. I think her daughter has been steamrolling her forever.
I want mother and daughter to have a relationship, however dysfunctional it may be. Earlier this summer she
told us that she was "gonna do me" (I HATE THIS SAYING). I'm fine with her "doing her", she will just be doing it
somewhere other than my house.

What does that even mean?

Without looking at the Urban Dictionary, I think it pretty much means that she is going to do whatever she wants, whenever she wants
and doesn't care what anyone thinks.

Is that like YOLO?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:44 am 

sjboyd0137 wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

That's the line she's using because her mom coddles her and think's she will cave and override you.

Yes, she knows it hurts her mom and that makes me even angrier but my wife even told me last night before
we turned in that she appreciated me standing up for her. I think her daughter has been steamrolling her forever.
I want mother and daughter to have a relationship, however dysfunctional it may be. Earlier this summer she
told us that she was "gonna do me" (I HATE THIS SAYING). I'm fine with her "doing her", she will just be doing it

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:46 am 

Douchebag wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

So it means she's going to pretend she's dying to cover the fact she's going to prison?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:46 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
I think T-Bone was referring to her in first person. His daughter said she was gonna do her. Sort of like Goff's "you do you."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:47 am 

leashyourkids wrote:
I think T-Bone was referring to her in first person. His daughter said she was gonna do her. Sort of like Goff's "you do you."

That's my assumption as well...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:48 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
sjboyd0137 wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

So it means she's going to pretend she's dying to cover the fact she's going to prison?

Well, obviously.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:48 am 

sjboyd0137 wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

:lol: Not to sound weird, but I originally read it as her saying she was gonna "do" him. I was very confused.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:50 am 

pizza_Place: John's
I foresee lots and lots of girls with Daddy Issues

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:53 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
sjboyd0137 wrote:
Is that like YOLO?

Not exactly. "YOLO" is the rallying cry of Millennials like leash and FavreFan as they down Fireball shots chased by gallons of Jack Daniel's. Tonight's gonna be a good night!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSD4vsh1zDA

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:55 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
Is that like YOLO?

Not exactly. "YOLO" is the rallying cry of Millennials like leash and FavreFan as they down Fireball shots chased by gallons of Jack Daniel's. Tonight's gonna be a good night!

We can't all be part of the Greatest Generation.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:56 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
Is that like YOLO?

Gay sex

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:56 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
Is that like YOLO?

Fireball is fucking awful.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:02 pm 

I've coached high school girls for 15 years. One of my most successful girls used to complain all the time that her dad always chose her brother's baseball games over her track meets. The few times the Dad did show up would usually result in her yelling at him to stop talking to her because he new nothing about the sport (which was the reason she chose track over softball in high school in the first place).

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
What I learned from this thread is that the dumbest way to try and connect with a teenaged daughter is to send her a bunch of articles about shit she probably couldn't care less about.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:04 pm 

shakes wrote:
What I learned from this thread is that the dumbest way to try and connect with a teenaged daughter is to send her a bunch of articles about shit she probably couldn't care less about.

And if she does care, there is like a million percent chance, she sees it before her out of touch father.

Quit sending her RickRolls and Smoking Jay Cutler's, Hatchetman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:04 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
rogers park bryan wrote:
shakes wrote:

And if she does care, there is like a million percent chance, she sees it before her out of touch father.

Maybe try sending her Verrits.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:06 pm 

Go figure the guy who calls the cops on teenagers for smoking a doobie can't relate with his daughter.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:07 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
shakes wrote:

Maybe try sending her Verrits.

He should get a Musically account and do some 'Future' videos (although that is kinda going out with 11 year olds so I dunno)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:07 pm 

Hatchetman wrote:
Jesus H Christ is all I have to say.

She doesn't talk so I send her an occasional news item or interesting tidbit I see on the web. Maybe 2-3/week. Sometimes I get a response, usually not. I sent her something on an interesting commencement speaker yesterday. Later on I ask her if she saw that?

"Yeah, but I kind of ignored it."

:|
Most people my age or younger don't communicate very often over email.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:08 pm 

Hatch, start sending her your attempt at hip lingo. That's always funny.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
Send her the pic in the "Jose" thread.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
sjboyd0137 wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

:lol: yes you guys are correct

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
[

:|
Most people my age or younger don't communicate very often over email.[/quote]

texts. I'm not THAT out of it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
rogers park bryan wrote:
He should get a Musically account and do some 'Future' videos (although that is kinda going out with 11 year olds so I dunno)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Fuck man, my wife is pregnant with a girl. (Our first one). This is not a good thread.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Nick&Vito's
I have A 15 year old she'll be 16 in January. We get along great. She has far more conflict with her mom. Yeah she can be moody. Usually I just give her some space. Listening is key. They just want to talk they don't need advice (even though they do)or anyone to try to fix stuff(even though they do). They just wanna "vent". Shutting up has been the most productive thing I have done in my relationships with the women in my life.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Chilli Palmer wrote:
I have A 15 year old she'll be 16 in January. We get along great. She has far more conflict with her mom. Yeah she can be moody. Usually I just give her some space. Listening is key. They just want to talk they don't need advice (even though they do)or anyone to try to fix stuff(even though they do). They just wanna "vent". Shutting up has been the most productive thing I have done in my relationships with the women in my life.

U untuck your cock long enough to make this post?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:33 pm 

I am a few months away from having 4 teenager daughters at one time :shock:

Sending them things from the web is probably not going to help anything other than let them practice their eye rolls

My best advice is that it will get better as they get older, just have to endure things when they are younger teens. Do not fight every battle. Pick your battles wisely and know that even if there is not a lot of communication at times your presence is known and needed. I don't force communication very often, but when I do have something that is needed to be talked about I have found that taking them out for food with just the two of us is the best approach. Let them pick a place and order whatever they want.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:43 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
shakes wrote:
Chilli Palmer wrote:

U untuck your cock long enough to make this post?

U type with your cock?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
RFDC wrote:
I am a few months away from having 4 teenager daughters at one time :shock:

Sending them things from the web is probably not going to help anything other than let them practice their eye rolls

My best advice is that it will get better as they get older, just have to endure things when they are younger teens. Do not fight every battle. Pick your battles wisely and know that even if there is not a lot of communication at times your presence is known and needed. I don't force communication very often, but when I do have something that is needed to be talked about I have found that taking them out for food with just the two of us is the best approach. Let them pick a place and order whatever they want.

I don't have teenage daughters, but from what I remember as a teenager, this seems like sound advice. I definitely got closer with my parents once I reached college age. Before that, from about 11-16 I'd say, I wanted nothing to do with my parents. Not because they were bad folks or anything, but because I wanted to chill with friends 24/7 and experience that sort of thing. Parents stood in the way, so naturally some animosity might creep in depending on what your culture is like at home. For me, looking back on things, I thought of my parents as out of touch disciplinarians who curbed my freedom for no reason. I didn't want to hang with them at all, and when they insisted on hanging out by going to dinner or something, it was the most forced/awkward thing ever. I feel bad about it now, but I'm glad we're close.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next