It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:58 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:27 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
Hatchetman wrote:
Jesus H Christ is all I have to say.

She doesn't talk so I send her an occasional news item or interesting tidbit I see on the web. Maybe 2-3/week. Sometimes I get a response, usually not. I sent her something on an interesting commencement speaker yesterday. Later on I ask her if she saw that?

"Yeah, but I kind of ignored it."

:|

Thinking back my relationship w my daughter during her teen years contributed to my hermitage. It sounds like you will soon be joining me cleaning tour boats in a few years.

You are Welcome.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
HawaiiYou wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:
Jesus H Christ is all I have to say.

She doesn't talk so I send her an occasional news item or interesting tidbit I see on the web. Maybe 2-3/week. Sometimes I get a response, usually not. I sent her something on an interesting commencement speaker yesterday. Later on I ask her if she saw that?

"Yeah, but I kind of ignored it."

:|

Thinking back my relationship w my daughter during her teen years contributed to my hermitage. It sounds like you will soon be joining me banging toothless meth whores in a few years.

You are Welcome.

Fixed

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Hermitage, lol.

Boyd, great clarification. :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:52 pm 

my 22yo gf is still going through growing pains

i feels you guys

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Nick&Vito's
shakes wrote:
Chilli Palmer wrote:
I have A 15 year old she'll be 16 in January. We get along great. She has far more conflict with her mom. Yeah she can be moody. Usually I just give her some space. Listening is key. They just want to talk they don't need advice (even though they do)or anyone to try to fix stuff(even though they do). They just wanna "vent". Shutting up has been the most productive thing I have done in my relationships with the women in my life.

U untuck your cock long enough to make this post?

Blow me Cock smoke

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Nick&Vito's
Tall Midget wrote:
shakes wrote:
Chilli Palmer wrote:
I have A 15 year old she'll be 16 in January. We get along great. She has far more conflict with her mom. Yeah she can be moody. Usually I just give her some space. Listening is key. They just want to talk they don't need advice (even though they do)or anyone to try to fix stuff(even though they do). They just wanna "vent". Shutting up has been the most productive thing I have done in my relationships with the women in my life.

U type with your cock?

No. Your wife does though.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
good dolphin wrote:
bunch of low t, female producers

This guy gets it.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Drag's
I have a tween, i.e., 11 yrs. old so she's just entering that bitchy phase, though moreso with my wife. If she's in a bitchy mood I find that a couple of drinks loosens her up, something sweet like peach schnapps. We joke that she's just like her daddy in that she has a much better personality when she's drunk.

"Smiles with Nostrils"

"...no Hmong, go find some blacks"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Gigio's in Des Plaines
I have a 3 year old daughter, and I look forward to completely and utterly ignoring her when she hits her teens.

Not my problem.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
To be more serious, My daughter and I get along well for the most part really. We don't talk nearly as much as we did when I was giving her rides to school and sports all the time and we have some conflicts from time to time. That's okay, she is her own person. She has a pretty good head on her shoulders for most part (gets it from her mom) but is of course a teenager with a teenage mindset. I joked with a mom of one of her friends that it's amazing she's not always dizzy. I got a quizzical look and I responded with you'd have to be with the world revolving around you all the time. It's a bad joke but it's something we work in with her.

I make sure we have a few special things we do without her mom or brothers. One of those the last two years has been hawk games. I've found that the 4 hours or so in car is just enough to get her to start talking. And to be honest I aim for the eye rolls. If I'm not getting some of those I'm not giving her a hard enough time in the stupid way I do it. I do think I need to up the nights doing things with her on a one on with all the volleyball and basketball games being basically over. I got a lot of info out of her by bribing her with steak and shake.

G

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Tall Midget wrote:
shakes wrote:
Chilli Palmer wrote:

U type with your cock?

Not quite what 'pecking at the keyboard' typically means ....

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:51 am 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
rogers park bryan wrote:
And if she does care, there is like a million percent chance, she sees it before her out of touch father.

I did predict Gangham Style would be a hit three days before it took off with my then 14 year old stepdaughter -- I got a lot of "how did you know?" reaction.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:24 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
I received a crash-course in teenage daughters by inheriting a 13 yr old. Overall, we have a good relationship. but she certainly has her moments. Fortunately, my wife has a pretty logical approach to life and parenting and we've yet to really disagree on how to handle issues with any of our kids. She is now driving and almost 17....good times.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Stepdaughter moved out last night after a dramatic weekend. Thank you baby Jeebus.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
T-Bone wrote:
Stepdaughter moved out last night after a dramatic weekend. Thank you baby Jeebus.

T-Bone, master of his domain.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
T-Bone wrote:

Not to be a dick ,but I would change all the locks and hangs the code on the garage door.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Chus wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

:lol: Well sort of. I should have put my foot down long ago. I hope I didn't ruin my wife's relationship with her daughter but all of this
was for the best in the end. Just glad she is gone. This morning I woke up and for the first time in 3 months my side/kidney didn't hurt.
Coincidence? I think not.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
T-Bone wrote:
Chus wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

:lol: Well sort of. I should have put my foot down long ago. I hope I didn't ruin my wife's relationship with her daughter but all of this
was for the best in the end. Just glad she is gone. This morning I woke up and for the first time in 3 months my side/kidney didn't hurt.

The voodoo doll must not work over long distances. Good call T-Bone!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
T-Bone wrote:

Since you have a free room....Mind if I crash for a few weeks?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:59 pm 

T-Bone wrote:
Chus wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

LOL

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:01 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
How about some pics in this thread?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:01 pm 

T-Bone wrote:

Now you can sit around in your underwear and eat a block of cheese the size of a car battery.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:10 pm 

This thread title could've just been shortened to "Teenagers"

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:17 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
T-Bone wrote:
Chus wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

glad to hear this.

I have 2 teenage sons of my own, but they're only over part-time. My wife has 2 older kids in addition to the teenage daughter. When we first started dating her middle child was a high school jr. Good kid, but a typically, 17 yr old male. after he graduated HS we had an incident where I snapped and together we decided he needed some time at his Fathers. It was always intended to be temporary....I just had enough of him being disrespectful and unappreciative of his Mom. he was gone a month and asked when he could come back. She politely told HIM that was a conversation for 3 people to have....not two. He asked 2 more times, and she gave him the same answer. After 5 months of his Father's dumpy ass house, no groceries, and overall dead-beat idiocy...he manned up and sat us both down to come home. Everything was drastically better from that point on. He since repeatedly told me I'm more of Father to him than his own Dad. The point of all of this is.....combined households have their bumps, but I've seen some success. If the shit were to hit the fan with my step-daughter, I can confidently say I've done everything I can to make her feel loved and accepted...but at the same time, I'm not putting up with bullshit from her or my own kids....and neither is her Mother. She always has the option of another parent....and THAT she does know is not a good option.

T-bone....I hope things improve for not only your sake, but for your step-daughter's sake as well.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:29 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Regular Reader wrote:

How did you handle boys? I thought that would be easy because I would be able to relate. My oldest son is probably the biggest brat now and he went from being by far the easiest kid to deal with to being the hardest. Not disrespectful but he does some of the dumbest shit. I can tolerate that somewhat because I did a lot of dumb shit too. The problem is what was once always straight A's turned into regular honor roll and even his first C in a half year. The kid took pride in everything and now just says what he thinks I want to hear. He gives zero fucks. I missed the signs of the transformation. I'm trying a bunch of stuff but failing. I even used the black male and education card recently.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
Nas wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

How did you handle boys? I thought that would be easy because I would be able to relate. My oldest son is probably the biggest brat now and he went from being by far the easiest kid to deal with to being the hardest. Not disrespectful but he does some of the dumbest shit. I can tolerate that somewhat because I did a lot of dumb shit too. The problem is what was once always straight A's turned into regular honor roll and even his first C in a half year. The kid took pride in everything and now just says what he thinks I want to hear. He gives zero fucks. I missed the signs of the transformation. I'm trying a bunch of stuff but failing. I even used the black male and education card recently.

Not to be a jag but I would get a home drug test kit and use it on him.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:51 pm 

Nas wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

How did you handle boys? I thought that would be easy because I would be able to relate. My oldest son is probably the biggest brat now and he went from being by far the easiest kid to deal with to being the hardest. Not disrespectful but he does some of the dumbest shit. I can tolerate that somewhat because I did a lot of dumb shit too. The problem is what was once always straight A's turned into regular honor roll and even his first C in a half year. The kid took pride in everything and now just says what he thinks I want to hear. I'm trying a bunch of stuff but failing. I even used the black male and education card recently.

My oldest was fairly quick to pick up on things on his own and with limited exceptions, I never really worried about him. He has a lot of discipline and a gift for gab. Plus, he loves money and has worked angles & jobs for years. Plus I think it helped that he was always around other kids that talked about college since he was a pre-teen. (He knew many of my stories as well :drunken: :lol: :twisted: )

The youngest is the complete opposite, but things have dramatically changed in the last 8-10 months as he & I now talk a lot about virtually everything. He had problems in class not applying himself, and I played the same card. He thought his teacher was an asshole and had shut down. I had to point out that everyone's an asshole in one way or another, including him. When I relayed this to his teacher, we all laughed and things dramatically improved.

Sports helped a lot, same as with me, but him getting engaged in all kind of discussions has helped immeasurably. It's helped more that his mother talks to him as anything other than her baby as well.

But honestly and in retrospect, it is trial and error & I don't really know.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:08 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Regular Reader wrote:
Nas wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

How did you handle boys? I thought that would be easy because I would be able to relate. My oldest son is probably the biggest brat now and he went from being by far the easiest kid to deal with to being the hardest. Not disrespectful but he does some of the dumbest shit. I can tolerate that somewhat because I did a lot of dumb shit too. The problem is what was once always straight A's turned into regular honor roll and even his first C in a half year. The kid took pride in everything and now just says what he thinks I want to hear. I'm trying a bunch of stuff but failing. I even used the black male and education card recently.

My oldest was fairly quick to pick up on things on his own and with limited exceptions, I never really worried about him. He has a lot of discipline and a gift for gab. Plus, he loves money and has worked angles & jobs for years. Plus I think it helped that he was always around other kids that talked about college since he was a pre-teen. (He knew many of my stories as well :drunken: :lol: :twisted: )

The youngest is the complete opposite, but things have dramatically changed in the last 8-10 months as he & I now talk a lot about virtually everything. He had problems in class not applying himself, and I played the same card. He thought his teacher was an asshole and had shut down. I had to point out that everyone's an asshole in one way or another, including him. When I relayed this to his teacher, we all laughed and things dramatically improved.

Sports helped a lot, same as with me, but him getting engaged in all kind of discussions has helped immeasurably. It's helped more that his mother talks to him as anything other than her baby as well.

Yeah I'm just throwing shit at the wall daily. I took activities away when the grades slipped and even put my foot up his ass but he still didn't care. Now I'm strictly just talking with arm around the shoulder. Took away weekend visits with mom hoping that being someone glued to me changes some things. I allowed him to play flag football without a grade restriction. I hope this helps.

He was really low maintenance like your oldest son sounds like he is and I probably took it for granted that he would stay that way. Pissed I missed the shift.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:13 pm 

Nas wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Nas wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

Yeah I'm just throwing shit at the wall daily. I took activities away when the grades slipped and even put my foot up his ass but he still didn't care. Now I'm strictly just talking with arm around the shoulder. Took away weekend visits with mom hoping that being someone glued to me changes some things. I allowed him to play flag football without a grade restriction. I hope this helps.

He was really low maintenance like your oldest son sounds like he is and I probably took it for granted that he would stay that way. Pissed I missed the shift.

Try a therapist?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
DannyB wrote:
I have a tween, i.e., 11 yrs. old so she's just entering that bitchy phase, though moreso with my wife. If she's in a bitchy mood I find that a couple of drinks loosens her up, something sweet like peach schnapps. We joke that she's just like her daddy in that she has a much better personality when she's drunk.

you're referring to your wife when you speak of giving her schnapps, correct?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next