It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:32 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 543 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
 Post subject: Re: Jemele Hill
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:59 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
stoneroses86 wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Death, taxes, and Julie DiCaro saying "SHOW ME EXACTLY WHERE I SAID . . .," huh. If you say "you can boycott their advertisers" and share a helpful list, what does she think that is? What an idiot.

How did she complete law school? I've always been fairly impressed by people who went to law school, thinking you had to be pretty damn smart to earn a law degree, but she really seems like a simpleton.

This is one of the greatest misconceptions in the history of the earth. Law school is not that difficult at all. I was heavily intoxicated a vast majority of my time in law school and I made it through.

The first half was very difficult, especially legal writing. The second half wasn't bad.

Between legal writing and Fed Civil Proceedure, I'd agree, at least until I took a Civil Rights seminar held by the most liberal prof in the entire school.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:57 am 

Regular Reader wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
stoneroses86 wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Death, taxes, and Julie DiCaro saying "SHOW ME EXACTLY WHERE I SAID . . .," huh. If you say "you can boycott their advertisers" and share a helpful list, what does she think that is? What an idiot.

How did she complete law school? I've always been fairly impressed by people who went to law school, thinking you had to be pretty damn smart to earn a law degree, but she really seems like a simpleton.

This is one of the greatest misconceptions in the history of the earth. Law school is not that difficult at all. I was heavily intoxicated a vast majority of my time in law school and I made it through.

The first half was very difficult, especially legal writing. The second half wasn't bad.

Between legal writing and Fed Civil Proceedure, I'd agree, at least until I took a Civil Rights seminar held by the most liberal prof in the entire school.

I thought it was psychologically difficult as well. You are surrounded by Type A assholes, many with psychological issues, who are both highly intelligent and relatively amoral. They would slit your throat as soon as collaborate with you. In that first year, you are spending 16+ hours every day with these people.

I understand from talking with people who went to other schools that this is not universal and I did find some normal people as the years progressed.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:00 am 

by the way, Jemelle Hill is another one of these "famous newsmakers" whose work is pretty avoidable if you don't like it.

Movies used to make fun of ESPN 8 years ago yet here we are treating SC6 like its hosts move meters.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 543 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19