It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 326 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:36 am 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
You're trying to "sell" it, I'll give you that...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:43 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
This is stupid. I wish my wife made more than the $18,000 per year she currently makes coaching gymnastics. I wish she made 2x what I make. That would be awesome, probably a lot more fun than having to use my income exclusively to pay for everything.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:51 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
shakes wrote:
This is stupid. I wish my wife made more than the $18,000 per year she currently makes coaching gymnastics. I wish she made 2x what I make. That would be awesome, probably a lot more fun than having to use my income exclusively to pay for everything.

So you want to subject yourself to increased risk of disease? That was the point of the article. Of course, IMU's point is less about health and more about faux concern over a board adversary.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:56 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Nas wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Nas wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Seriously IMU, you look really bad with threads like this. Worry about your own life and not how others choose to live them especially when it involves being an active father and being financially stable enough to do things that many working families wish they could do.

Though, it is amusing to see one of the younger members of the forum trying to use the 1950s style stigma against "stay at home" dads as a negative.

I think you're taking this too personal. The lone target of this was Chus and I'm pretty sure it was meant to just poke him. Probably not something IMU believes. Kinda like the Pulte thing with Dennis or the countless other things MANY post to annoy someone else. I wouldn't dig this deep into it. Chus has proven he's more than capable of handling himself.
Attacking his marriage with his wife is wrong and he deserved to be called out on it. IMU can handle it too. He probably enjoyed my response too.

This isn't an attack on his wife. This is an "attack" on Chus and he's basically ignored it. I think that was the right move.
It's an attack on Chus as a husband and father especially in the context of some of the recent other comments made by IMU.

Chus is smart to ignore it because IMU is making himself look bad but that doesn't mean others can't chime in to make the point more known.

Wasn't IMU's thread baiting Chus based on information (domestic/employment situation) Chus himself has posted on this board?

Since Chus disclosed these details to the board, why shouldn't other board members be free to react to it?

Further, one can only consider IMU's attack meaningful if one subscribes to a conventional definition of gender roles. Since Chus obviously does not, this attack should have no effect on him.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:01 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
Wasn't IMU's thread baiting Chus based on information (domestic/employment situation) Chus himself has posted on this board?

Since Chus disclosed these details to the board, why shouldn't other board members be free to react to it?

Further, one can only consider IMU's attack meaningful if one subscribes to a conventional definition of gender roles. Since Chus obviously does not, this attack should have no effect on him.
I do not believe the issue is bringing it up. It's how he is trying, and failing, to shame him for it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:25 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

I do not believe the issue is bringing it up. It's how he is trying, and failing, to shame him for it.

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

I don't think this was more than just a poke and MANY of you guys got offended by it. Chus has been open about what he and he wife decided to do for their family. I'm confident that no one can shame him for that decision.

Was IMU trying to be an asshole with this thread? There is no doubt about it. That being said this was like a 2 on the mean scale. I say this as a guy who gets called Mr. Mom regularly for almost a decade. The responses have been harsher than the post. People are now trying to shame IMU for not being married and some other crap.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:34 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Nas wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

I don't think this was more than just a poke and MANY of you guys got offended by it. Chus has been open about what he and he wife decided to do for their family. I'm confident that no one can shame him for that decision.

Was IMU trying to be an asshole with this thread? There is no doubt about it. That being said this was like a 2 on the mean scale. I say this as a guy who gets called Mr. Mom regularly for almost a decade. The responses have been harsher than the post. People are now trying to shame IMU for not being married and some other crap.

No one can shame Chus besides IMU though. I mean besides that.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:35 am 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
Caller Bob wrote:
Look, I like Dr Ken a lot. Solid poster, solid contributor. But it's pretty ridiculous to demand quid pro quo from the board administrators regarding the banning of Chas. It really is. If that upsets him so much to the point he has to leave, then whatever.

You know I would quit the board,but to paraphrase a wise man named Gunny Thomas Hightower,USMC, "Never give the pricks the satisfaction."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:35 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
CHUSE likes Phish, the Detroit Lions, and Tiger Woods. There are plenty of things to 'shame' him about. This thread was an unnecessary potshot.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:37 am 

Nas wrote:

The responses are in large part due to the recent posting history of IMU on this subject and that is about things said days or weeks after he started this with the comment about the cat.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:39 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
This thread was an unnecessary potshot.

I see what you did there.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:43 am 
100000 CLUB

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Nas wrote:

The responses are in large part due to the recent posting history of IMU on this subject and that is about things said days or weeks after he started this with the comment about the cat.

I understand why folks are reacting to him the way they are. I just feel like you all could find a better thread than this one. Chus can correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think this bothered him at all.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:45 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
We're all jealous of Chus for not having to work. That said, I bet his wife pegs him with a 10 inch dido once a week before giving him his allowance.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:46 am 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
shakes wrote:
We're all jealous of Chus for not having to work. That said, I bet his wife pegs him with a 10 inch dido once a week before giving him his allowance.

12 inch.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:46 am 
100000 CLUB

Find a better thread? :lol: This thread was created with one motive; to make fun of, or to shame CHUSE. IMU can claim whatever he wants. We all know why he started this thread.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:53 am 
100000 CLUB

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Find a better thread? :lol: This thread was created with one motive; to make fun of, or to shame CHUSE. IMU can claim whatever he wants. We all know why he started this thread.

I mean a more offensive thread or post.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:55 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Nas wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

The intent of the thread was to be a dick. Whether it worked or not is another matter. Not sure why you're trying so hard to minimize it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:09 pm 
100000 CLUB

leashyourkids wrote:
Nas wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

The intent of the thread was to be a dick. Whether it worked or not is another matter. Not sure why you're trying so hard to minimize it.

Clearly because I don't see it the way that you all do. I imagine the fact that I don't hate/dislike IMU could be one of the reasons. You're free to feel the way that you do about it. I'm just offering an alternative point of view.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:10 pm 

Nas wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Nas wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Clearly because I don't see it the way that you all do. I imagine the fact that I don't hate/dislike IMU could be one of the reasons. You're free to feel the way that you do about it. I'm just offering an alternative point of view.
I like IMU. He just needs to treat people differently.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:13 pm 

Nas wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Nas wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Since when do I hate IMU? I can just be objective about things no matter who it is.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:15 pm 
100000 CLUB

leashyourkids wrote:
I can just be objective about things no matter who it is.
Hi.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:17 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Hi.

Quiet. I even defended your ass against the steak police.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:21 pm 
100000 CLUB

leashyourkids wrote:
Nas wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Nas wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Since when do I hate IMU? I can just be objective about things no matter who it is.

I don't think you can. Only I am able to be objective. :wink: Some people who have responded dislike IMU for things he's done or said in the past. That likely influenced their response.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:22 pm 

The worst offense is not being entertaining.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:29 pm 

IMU wrote:
But he, and others, do seem to want bigfan back.

IMU, ok but...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
leashyourkids wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Hi.

I think you protest too much on that. next time we hang out we're getting steaks. I need to make sure first hand you're ok.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Has IMU completed his walk back to the Red Keep yet or is it gonna be an all day thing?

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:31 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Hi.

I think you protest too much on that. next time we hang out we're getting steaks. I need to make sure first hand you're ok.

I like em bleeding, my friend.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:39 pm 

chaspoppcap wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:42 pm 

IMU wrote:
chaspoppcap wrote:

CHAS VS IMU

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 326 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next