It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:26 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 951 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 32  Next
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Seacrest wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
They have stated they won't seat him in the Senate.

Source please?
(not asked antagonistically)

I just assume everything you post my way is antagonistic. :lol: :lol:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 859313001/

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/11/ ... ion-244907

:lol: That's a fair cop; that's why I included it.

Now technically, they (as a group) haven't said they won't, it was more of a "it's possible".

Last edited by Don Tiny on Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:39 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Don Tiny wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
They have stated they won't seat him in the Senate.

Source please?
(not asked antagonistically)

I just assume everything you post my way is antagonistic. :lol: :lol:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 859313001/

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/11/ ... ion-244907

:lol: That's a fair cop; that's why I included it.

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Seems like ol' Mitch has had time to think about it again...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/mitch-mcconn ... 26428.html

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:25 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:

Did you honestly expect anything else?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Anytime you can put faith in Alabamans, you have to. :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Terry's Peeps wrote:

:lol:

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
Of course the tax cut will benefit the rich. They are the people who tend to spend a lot of money and start companies. If it does as stated and encourages wealth to come back then it will help the country. I do like the national sales tax design. Everyone gets 10K back at the end of the year no income tax or IRS.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:42 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Chus wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

:lol:

I just saw this. WTF? Get rid of them all.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:07 am 

pizza_Place: maciano's
Depending on the version of the tax bill passed, the inheritance tax could be removed as soon as 2023. The McCaskey dynasty can continue!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:09 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
The president officially endorsed him again.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:15 am 

Nas wrote:

<crickets>

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:19 am 
chaspoppcap wrote:
Of course the tax cut will benefit the rich. They are the people who tend to spend a lot of money and start companies. If it does as stated and encourages wealth to come back then it will help the country. I do like the national sales tax design. Everyone gets 10K back at the end of the year no income tax or IRS.

You realize Trickle Down has been disproven like 100 times right?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:20 am 

Honest question. If the tax bill can impose a 20% tariff on goods imported(?) from Puerto Rico, why not Guam, Alaska or Nebraska next?

And anti pork folks, how does Alaskan drilling and abortion make it into a tax bill?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:23 am 

Nas wrote:

Needs his vote in congress.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:23 am 

Nas wrote:

For the most part, I'm an innocent until proven guilty guy. If this was one accusation, I'd be more inclined to think cynically and deflect it as a smear job. When it is multiple accusations...I don't know how you just look the other way. Politics over common sense. Instead of saying 'We need all the GOP votes we can get!!' why not actually build consensus and do some horse trading so that you get a bill that some Democrats can vote for. It isn't a football game that you are trying to win, its the fucking country. We all win or lose together. Fuck. I'm just sick of this.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:26 am 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
It doesn't matter if he's guilty or not. Either way its more important that the liberals lose. In every struggle one must align themselves with people they would rather not associate themselves with, but we do it for the greater good.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:27 am 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
Nas wrote:

For the most part, I'm an innocent until proven guilty guy. If this was one accusation, I'd be more inclined to think cynically and deflect it as a smear job. When it is multiple accusations...I don't know how you just look the other way. Politics over common sense. Instead of saying 'We need all the GOP votes we can get!!' why not actually build consensus and do some horse trading so that you get a bill that some Democrats can vote for. It isn't a football game that you are trying to win, its the fucking country. We all win or lose together. Fuck. I'm just sick of this.

He should not be able to hold office but it's not like the party of Ted Kennedy and Bill Clinton would have done different.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:00 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Hank Scorpio wrote:
Nas wrote:

I agree. His comments after they spoke out disqualify him to me just as much as the accusations. When you include his statement about first seeing his wife at a fucking school dance when he was in his 30's I don't see how anyone could support him.

It felt like we could at least unite on things this like this in the past. No one gives a fuck about the country now. It's all about what tribe you're affiliated with. This way of thinking will set this country back generations.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:22 pm 

Nas wrote:

I agree. His comments after they spoke out disqualify him to me just as much as the accusations. When you include his statement about first seeing his wife at a fucking school dance when he was in his 30's I don't see how anyone could support him.

It felt like we could at least unite on things this like this in the past. No one gives a fuck about the country now. It's all about what tribe you're affiliated with. This way of thinking will set this country back generations.

It started when we sportsified (nice made up word eh?) politics. 24 hr news channels, talking head panel shows... John King and his stupid ass telestrator, all he is missing is a BOOM!! and he'd be like Madden. They've turned it into a sport and so there must be clear teams, us vs them. Someone has to win or why bother following it?? Its why our only hope is a third party because then you have to build consensus. No will have enough players to field a full team.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:53 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Hank Scorpio wrote:
Its why our only hope is a third party because then you have to build consensus. No will have enough players to field a full team.

Understand that a third party would be one to the left of the Democrats, like Canada's NDP, not this mythical "common sense party" that seeks to build consensus between conservative/neoliberal Democrats and intransigent Republicans.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Curious Hair wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
Its why our only hope is a third party because then you have to build consensus. No will have enough players to field a full team.

Understand that a third party would be one to the left of the Democrats, like Canada's NDP, not this mythical "common sense party" that seeks to build consensus between conservative/neoliberal Democrats and intransigent Republicans.

What the people of America really want is Michael Bloomberg!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
Curious Hair wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

So pussy hats and preferred pronouns?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:04 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
America wrote:
It doesn't matter if he's guilty or not. Either way its more important that the liberals lose. In every struggle one must align themselves with people they would rather not associate themselves with, but we do it for the greater good.

What is your definition of the "greater good"? What kind of society do you want? This is a sincere question.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Tall Midget wrote:
America wrote:

What is your definition of the "greater good"? What kind of society do you want? This is a sincere question.

French.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:33 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
Nas wrote:

It started when we sportsified (nice made up word eh?) politics. 24 hr news channels, talking head panel shows... John King and his stupid ass telestrator, all he is missing is a BOOM!! and he'd be like Madden. They've turned it into a sport and so there must be clear teams, us vs them. Someone has to win or why bother following it?? Its why our only hope is a third party because then you have to build consensus. No will have enough players to field a full team.

Think about the fact that there is a significant portion of this country that accepts how he met his wife as a 16 year old kid as reasonable. Frightening.

I generally agree with the rest of your final premise, except that I think they were more rocket fuel :wink: on the fire started by the moral majority types that really started the divide after they regrouped from their losses of the Civil Rights era.

If not the Powell memo, you certainly can look at the Bakke vs. Univ. of California case as the clear starting point for this "tea party" crowd.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:37 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
America wrote:

It sounds like he wants more child molesters.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Tall Midget wrote:
America wrote:

Unlike me, this oughta be rich ...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:52 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Regular Reader wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
Nas wrote:

Think about the fact that there is a significant portion of this country that accepts how he met his wife as a 16 year old kid as reasonable. Frightening.

I generally agree with the rest of your final premise, except that I think they were more rocket fuel :wink: on the fire started by the moral majority types that really started the divide after they regrouped from their losses of the Civil Rights era.

If not the Powell memo, you certainly can look at the Bakke vs. Univ. of California case as the clear starting point for this "tea party" crowd.

Hey! The story of Celine Dion and her husband is a love story for the ages! Stop! :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:11 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
As of a half hour ago the weasels from the party of pedophiles were hand writing amendments to the 500 page tax giveaway bill in the margins.

Party of pedophiles indeed. The RNC now fully supports Roy Moore.

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/36 ... in-alabama

<º)))><

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:19 pm 

Chus wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
As of a half hour ago the weasels from the party of pedophiles were hand writing amendments to the 500 page tax giveaway bill in the margins.

Party of pedophiles indeed. The RNC now fully supports Roy Moore.

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/36 ... in-alabama

Nelson Rockefeller, Jack Kemp AND Barry Goldwater are rolling over in their graves.

And that worm Ted Cruz is crafting his limp wristed welcome

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 951 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 32  Next