It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:46 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 496 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 17  Next
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:58 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
long time guy wrote:
The same people that vehemently argue that all whites aren't racist are the same damn hypocrites that continuously claim that all Muslims are terrorists.

First of all, I have never seen anyone here- or really anyone anywhere- claim that "all Muslims are terrorists." Secondly, do you not understand the difference between an immutable quality like skin color and a philosophy that one chooses to follow?

The constitution says that we should be tolerant of others beliefs yet that only applies to certain groups apparently.

I can make distinction between actions and beliefs. You can't.

The Constitution doesn't say anything like that. Do you really have a doctorate in history? There are plenty of beliefs that you aren't tolerant of, and for good reason.

Certain members of this board routinely state that Muslims should be banned for no other reason than being Muslim yet somehow that isn't a violation of the first Amendment. Certain people can justify any damn thing. Trust me black people have had to live with it for Centuries.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:01 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
long time guy wrote:
The same people that vehemently argue that all whites aren't racist are the same damn hypocrites that continuously claim that all Muslims are terrorists.

First of all, I have never seen anyone here- or really anyone anywhere- claim that "all Muslims are terrorists." Secondly, do you not understand the difference between an immutable quality like skin color and a philosophy that one chooses to follow?

The constitution says that we should be tolerant of others beliefs yet that only applies to certain groups apparently.

I can make distinction between actions and beliefs. You can't.

The Constitution doesn't say anything like that. Do you really have a doctorate in history? There are plenty of beliefs that you aren't tolerant of, and for good reason.

I'm speaking specifically about one's religious beliefs and I think you know it. You can't address it because it was valid so you and a few others chose to obfuscate. Not surprising. Just like the point regarding mainstream Republicans. There are a lot of Judge Moore and Stephen King types floating around in that party. Lets talk Keith Ellison though.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
ToxicMasculinity wrote:
I trust Buzzfeed like I trust off shore realty below sea level. The infamous Russian piss video dossier debacle being one reason why.

Second I agree its likely Bannon is anti Semitic, but there isn't the history of him being openly hostile towards Jews like Ellison. Now in his personal life he may don SS garb but so far no one has gone public.

The evidential standard is the same. There is just more against Ellison.

:lol: You sound like idiot Hillary supporters in denial about Wikileaks. Buzzfeed has all of Milo's emails; journalists who communicated have already verified them by apologizing for being in touch with him. Bannon and the editorial team at Buzzfeed encouraged him to reach out to supremacist groups and how to push the boundaries (jokes about shekels are okay but no gas changer quips).

But we can't say for sure whether Bannon has any hate in his heart and even if he did he's not relevant :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:08 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
long time guy wrote:
I'm speaking specifically about one's religious beliefs and I think you know it.

Characterizing vile ideas as "religious beliefs" doesn't make them less vile.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:10 pm 
ToxicMasculinity wrote:
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
long time guy wrote:
The constitution says that we should be tolerant of others beliefs...

Oh...oh my god.

Just not belief in the 2nd amendment.

The only part of the construction that matters to the Right.

Remember when people were worried about Kennedy being POTUS because of his relgion? Man those were the days.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:11 pm 
ToxicMasculinity wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:
ToxicMasculinity wrote:
It's kind of hard to get me wrapped around the axle about some fringe right wingers who see (((them))) everywhere, when the deputy chair of the DNC actually loathes Jews.

Yes, Steve Bannon is a completely fringe figure in American politics and the evidence about his views scarcely amounts to much compared to Ellison.

Steve Bannon is 1. Out of office and 2. Not going around calling out journalists with ((())) or calling Shaun King Talcum X. That would be the fringe.

Stephen Miller is still there.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:12 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
long time guy wrote:
I'm speaking specifically about one's religious beliefs and I think you know it.

So you are the sole arbiter of what constitutes religion?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:13 pm 
Site Admin

long time guy wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Huh?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:14 pm 
ToxicMasculinity wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:
America wrote:
Neoliberals again blaming anyone but themselves for this. "I-i-its Breitbart! And Milo! They made people Nazi's". Nah, it was the left. When it became part and parcel of the Democratic Party's platform to villainize men and white people they invited the inverse opinion into the fray. And when the left excused rioting and terror attacks by BLM and gave blanket amnesty to Islam for weekly attacks in Europe it raised the stakes even higher.

Fuck me the left can't meme.

I agree with some of America's points. The left needs to drop the unconditional love for Islam.

Should the Right also drop the uncodtiitonal love of Israel?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
Baby McNown wrote:
ToxicMasculinity wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:
America wrote:
Neoliberals again blaming anyone but themselves for this. "I-i-its Breitbart! And Milo! They made people Nazi's". Nah, it was the left. When it became part and parcel of the Democratic Party's platform to villainize men and white people they invited the inverse opinion into the fray. And when the left excused rioting and terror attacks by BLM and gave blanket amnesty to Islam for weekly attacks in Europe it raised the stakes even higher.

I agree with some of America's points. The left needs to drop the unconditional love for Islam.

Sure. Let them fight their own wars.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:16 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Huh?

You implied that Islam isn't a religion? Not the first time either.

I could find things in the Bible that could characterized as vile too yet you do not seem to be bothered by those for some reason.

You also aren't bothered by U.S. bombing of Middle Eastern countries either. Keep pushing the "Muslim hates America" angle however.

Last edited by long time guy on Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Bianchis
Baby McNown wrote:
ToxicMasculinity wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Oh...oh my god.

Remember when people were worried about Kennedy being POTUS because of his relgion? Man those were the days.

Seriously? I have not had to quarter one soldier ever thanks to the 3rd amendment. That's the part of the Constitution I hold most dear to my heart.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:17 pm 
SuperMario wrote:
Baby McNown wrote:
ToxicMasculinity wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Oh...oh my god.

Seriously? I have not had to quarter one soldier ever thanks to the 3rd amendment. That's the part of the Constitution I hold most dear to my heart.

:lol:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Drag's
What kind of a man works for a feminist website called Broadly? A top story on the site right now is The 'Tampon Crusader' Who Pushed to Make Periods a Political Issue

"Smiles with Nostrils"

"...no Hmong, go find some blacks"

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
ZephMarshack wrote:
:lol: You sound like idiot Hillary supporters in denial about Wikileaks. Buzzfeed has all of Milo's emails; journalists who communicated have already verified them by apologizing for being in touch with him. Bannon and the editorial team at Buzzfeed encouraged him to reach out to supremacist groups and how to push the boundaries (jokes about shekels are okay but no gas changer quips).

But we can't say for sure whether Bannon has any hate in his heart and even if he did he's not relevant :lol:

Better to sound like an idiot than to be a pedantic shit 24/7.

So now instead of bringing up the whataboutism regarding Ellison, you just want to talk about the buzzfeed report?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:21 pm 

ToxicMasculinity wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:

So now instead of bringing up the whataboutism regarding Ellison, you just want to talk about the buzzfeed report?

For what's it's worth Keith Ellison has been supported by numerous Jewish groups in the Minneapolis area.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:23 pm 

ToxicMasculinity wrote:
Baby McNown wrote:
ToxicMasculinity wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:
America wrote:

Sure. Let them fight their own wars.

Careful or you will be labeled an Anti Semite

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:23 pm 
Whoever said earlier that the racism has always been there and it's now just cool to show it hit the nail right on the head.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:25 pm 
Site Admin

long time guy wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Huh?

I implied no such thing. The exact opposite in fact. Granting a set of beliefs the status of "religion" shouldn't have an effect on how we view those beliefs and certainly shouldn't be cover for reprehensible ideas.

It seems like you want to give "religion" some special status and declare yourself the arbiter of what constitutes religion. After all, the KKK claims to be a religious organization. Do you give them a pass too?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Bianchis
long time guy wrote:
ToxicMasculinity wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:

For what's it's worth Keith Ellison has been supported by numerous Jewish groups in the Minneapolis area.

Some American Jewish groups base liberalism as their core identity, not their religion. They are as much a Jew as I am a Catholic at this point - which is not at all.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Can we get back to LTG saying the First is about religious tolerance?

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
Israel is a bit of a menace and shares some limited culpability in fucking up that region. I've been critical of them in the past. They are... unpleasant.

BUT

Islam is worse. So much worse. There is really nothing fundamentally whacky about Judiasm, or at least not relative to other world religions. Israel's misbehaving is just a somewhat understandable reflection of their views on the inherent anarchy of global politics. What they do to Palestinians is pretty fucked up, but they aren't perpetrating it for ideological reasons. To me that makes it better, it means it can be reasoned with and coexist a little easier with civilized society.

Islam on the other hand is batshit. Like the whole thing is a fundamentally batshit crazy belief that anyone who isn't completely insane would leave once they achieve the ability to think critically. And unlike other batshit beliefs, like flat earthers or even fundie Christians, the suffering caused by Islam is widespread and ongoing. If you're the kind of person who sees the grief and misery brought on by Islam and still chooses to believe I just cannot for the life of me find the difference between that and the neo Nazi's.

I give a pass to the women. If they leave Islam the men in the family will probably kill them, so it's not really their choice. I feel a bit bad that they are the ones who have to be the public face of the religion with the stupid scarves.

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Huh?

I implied no such thing. The exact opposite in fact. Granting a set of beliefs the status of "religion" shouldn't have an effect on how we view those beliefs and certainly shouldn't be cover for reprehensible ideas.

It seems like you want to give "religion" some special status and declare yourself the arbiter of what constitutes religion. After all, the KKK claims to be a religious organization. Do you give them a pass too?

FWIW the Old Testament isn't exaclty a message of peace and love.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:28 pm 
Site Admin

Baby McNown wrote:

I'm not advocating for the Old Testament. And nobody is shy about mocking Christians.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
I'm lost. Milo is a dog whistling nazi uber burrito. We all agree on that correct?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Jbi11s wrote:
I'm lost. Milo is a dog whistling nazi uber burrito. We all agree on that correct?

I don't know if Milo or Uber is shittier

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:33 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Huh?

They get a pass for their beliefs. They are free to believe what they want to believe. They are also free to assemble. They can say whatever they want to say. They do not get a pass for their actions. Do you see how that works?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:34 pm 
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Baby McNown wrote:

I'm not advocating for the Old Testament. And nobody is shy about mocking Christians.

But the OT is still part of the Bible. We can't just ignore it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
ToxicMasculinity wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:

:lol: The only whataboutism in this thread was you and America desperately trying to bring in Ellison on some both sides do it rubbish (and Islam is as bad as or worse worse than white supremacy and Naziism anyway! ) and arguing that even if portions of the right's leadership is clearly racist it's probably the left's fault anyway.

The evidence against Bannon is far greater than it is against Ellison.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:36 pm 

Can we get back to LTG saying the First is about religious tolerance?

Sure. SO the Constitution states that it is ok to be intolerant of one because of their religious beliefs? You are the resident Pseudo Constitutionalist on here. Explain to me where religious freedom and religious tolerance are mutually exclusive? Eyerolls and Uh ohs aren't sufficient explanations

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 496 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 17  Next