It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:07 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 496 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:11 am 

Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Nas thought I was an uncle Tom because I don't apologize for blacks.

No I didn't. I just thought/think some of your arguments are/were odd. Almost like you were debating yourself or trying to prove to the masses that you aren't like "those" blacks who blame whites for everything. What did that get you? You have still been called a racist and an antisemite and now you're having your credentials questioned. Your Cosbyesque counter to your own argument has really worked out for you.

Before this becomes board fact, it should be pointed out the idea that he had anti-Semitic ideas came from his belief that Israel should not exist where it is or anywhere in the Middle East and a refusal to say where it should exist. It was more than fair to think "Wipe Israel off the map" was anti-Semitic.

He has since at least acknowledged that Israel can exist as a country in the Middle East, and amazingly the anti-Semitic talk has lessened!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:14 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:

No I didn't. I just thought/think some of your arguments are/were odd. Almost like you were debating yourself or trying to prove to the masses that you aren't like "those" blacks who blame whites for everything. What did that get you? You have still been called a racist and an antisemite and now you're having your credentials questioned. Your Cosbyesque counter to your own argument has really worked out for you.

Before this becomes board fact, it should be pointed out the idea that he had anti-Semitic ideas came from his belief that Israel should not exist where it is or anywhere in the Middle East and a refusal to say where it should exist. It was more than fair to think "Wipe Israel off the map" was anti-Semitic.

He has since at least acknowledged that Israel can exist as a country in the Middle East, and amazingly the anti-Semitic talk has lessened!

We can go back and look it up but IIRC it took literally 1 post before JORR felt it was appropriate to throw out the label and I don't recall an exchange similar to the one you had recently.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:16 am 

Nas wrote:
We can go back and look it up but IIRC it took literally 1 post before JORR felt it was appropriate to throw out the label and I don't recall an exchange similar to the one you had recently.
I don't know if it was directly before that but we had discussed it a few times in the months prior.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:53 am 

Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:

I have never made a post for the purpose of scoring message board browny points. You're generalizing regarding those blacks that blame whites for everything too. MY point was pretty specific regarding BLM and where I think their emphasis should lay.

I don't care what people think here. It makes no difference if they think I am a college grad or an elementary school dropout. That is their ignorance speaking not mine. If they are that concerned about whether a message board contributor is lying or not then that is something they need to work out within themselves.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:58 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:

I never said that Israel should never exist anywhere. That is a lie. I stated early on that it should be placed somewhere in Germany. You and others didn't agree. I stated that it should not have been placed in areas that were heavily Palestinian. This is a consistent pattern of people slanting opinions to fit their narrative and drawing false conclusions. You get away with it because of the inherent biases that exists around this joint regarding certain posters. You know that no one besides the poster in question will call you on it so you consistently misrepresent what they say.

Me stating that Jewish people do not have a right to form a country on land in which they weren't the majority of the population isn't Anti Semitic either.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:32 am 

chaspoppcap wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
So, no response to what chas posted?

Now can you respond to what I posted?

I posted to what you said,yet you changed what i said. The missiles we had in Turkey. Jupiter's if I remember where obsolete at the time of the Cuba Crisis. It was why JFK had no problem in letting them go. up until around he mid 60s the USA was not really that into missiles they believed in the bomber theory. That is why you had the Navy build those huge carriers ,so they could get in on the ability to carry out strikes into the Russian heartland.
The issue with the ones the Soviets set up in Cuba was the amount of time it would take for them to hit targets and we would have to spend a crap load of money building a new line of radar to detect them ala the DEW line up North.
The Russians started the Cold war before WW2 even ended. Look at what went down at Postam,how they maneuvered and stole everything they could. I can point out the Kaytn massacre in 1940 of over 20000 officers by the NKVD. You want more I can keep on giving you examples of things the Russians did during and immediately after WW2. They where pissed at us because we came in when we did,far be it from them that they where buddy buddy with the Nazis until Hitler wanted his living space.

Your facts are off. Starting with the line about Zhukov seeking to war with Germany from previously and now this. First the United States wasn't involved in WWII in 1940. How could this be start of the Cold War?

Secondly Its your interpretation that the weapons were obsolete. Has no bearing on what I posted since the fact remains that the U.S. had weapons that were stationed in Turkey that were pointed at the Soviet Union long before the Cuban Missile Crisis. Cuban Missile Crisis was a defensive response to actions taken by Kennedy. Nothing you posted changed that fact.

Your timeline for the beginning of the Cold War is also off. Cold War was initiated by Truman with his Truman Doctrine and the policy was established by George Kennan.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:36 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
Stalin. the poor guy. picked on by big bad USA. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:39 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
long time guy wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

When is anyone going to respond to anything that I post? I stated defensive position originally. Somehow it got transformed into a conversation on weapons creations. So now the Soviets didn't have a right to create weapons? For the record I did address what he posted. All you have to do is read.

I have responded to most of what you have posted here. And again here, once questioned, you change your original premise.

People do get herded on here. Your thoughts are shown to be historically or factually inaccurate, and then you pivot to "that's not what I really meant."

But if you think that Communism was ever a defensive ideology, then may I suggest that you re-read Marx and history after him.

No you haven't. Now Communism was a defensive ideology. I never said that. At each interval you are distorting facts and what I originally stated. Its how "Never the threat" magically becomes "Never A threat".

You referenced Missile Crisis and I provided evidence which supported what I said. Now you're talking about Karl Marx.

I wonder if anyone will come along to correct you?

In the beginning I stated that their "position was always defensive". I could bump it but what would be the point because when challenged you and a few others simply resort to the more fashionable referendum on me. Thats a real safe space apparently.

The ideology of Communism from its inception has never been defensive.

"Never the Threat" killed 100M people and was threatening our allies in Europe and Asia.

Read chas' response to your Cuban Missile Crisis revisionism.

And please don't pull the victim card here. Because you are not a victim.

None of this is a referendum on you. Just a referendum on your posting of "facts" that are demonstrably false.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:41 am 

Hatchetman wrote:
Stalin. the poor guy. picked on by big bad USA. :lol:

He is no saint but that still doesn't change U.S. actions. He was probably worse than Hitler in many respects but it still doesn't change the fact that he and communism weren't a major threat to the U.S.

China is still a communist country and we sure are worried about the threat they pose aren't we? Cuba 90 miles away. You really threatened by them? I'm not.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:49 am 

We have a mini cold war going in the South China Sea if you haven't noticed. Communism was a major threat. You think Truman, Kennedy, Johnson, Nixon, Carter, and Reagan were all fools?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:50 am 

Seacrest wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

When is anyone going to respond to anything that I post? I stated defensive position originally. Somehow it got transformed into a conversation on weapons creations. So now the Soviets didn't have a right to create weapons? For the record I did address what he posted. All you have to do is read.

I have responded to most of what you have posted here. And again here, once questioned, you change your original premise.

People do get herded on here. Your thoughts are shown to be historically or factually inaccurate, and then you pivot to "that's not what I really meant."

But if you think that Communism was ever a defensive ideology, then may I suggest that you re-read Marx and history after him.

No you haven't. Now Communism was a defensive ideology. I never said that. At each interval you are distorting facts and what I originally stated. Its how "Never the threat" magically becomes "Never A threat".

You referenced Missile Crisis and I provided evidence which supported what I said. Now you're talking about Karl Marx.

I wonder if anyone will come along to correct you?

In the beginning I stated that their "position was always defensive". I could bump it but what would be the point because when challenged you and a few others simply resort to the more fashionable referendum on me. Thats a real safe space apparently.

The ideology of Communism from its inception has never been defensive.

"Never the Threat" killed 100M people and was threatening our allies in Europe and Asia.

Read chas' response to your Cuban Missile Crisis revisionism.

And please don't pull the victim card here. Because you are not a victim.

Noe of this is a referendum on you. Just a referendum on your posting of "facts" that are demonstrably false.

The facts aren't false and you repeatedly saying that doesn't change anything. I just posted an article that backs up everything that I stated. There are MANY more where that came from. Book after book and history demonstrated that the Soviet Union were paper tigers. Stalin and Khruschev understood that. The U.S was vastly superior militarily and Soviet Union wanted nothing to do with them. You keep changing it to form your own argument.

Communism was never defensive. What does that even mean? Chas laid it out perfectly last night. THe actions taken by Soviet Union were taken as a means of tightening up their sphere of influence. That is why the term "Iron Curtain" was used to describe it. Yes they wanted to control Eastern Europe and that was about it. They'd support Communist insurgencies but they weren't going around starting wars unless they involved Eastern European countries. Their actions were taken for security reasons. I'm not saying that i agree with them. It still doesn't change the fact that the U.S. started the Cold War and overstated the Communist threat.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:51 am 

Hatchetman wrote:
We have a mini cold war going in the South China Sea if you haven't noticed. Communism was a major threat. You think Truman, Kennedy, Johnson, Nixon, Carter, and Reagan were all fools?

They attempted to play the American public for fools.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:53 am 
Site Admin

long time guy wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

We are all fools except you. Hubris, thy name is ltg.

Good chat.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:54 am 

yes it was all a giant ruse. political parties colluded to decide who was going to be president next in the big game of "there's a commie under your bed!"

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:19 am 

long time guy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:

I never said that Israel should never exist anywhere. That is a lie. I stated early on that it should be placed somewhere in Germany. You and others didn't agree. I stated that it should not have been placed in areas that were heavily Palestinian. This is a consistent pattern of people slanting opinions to fit their narrative and drawing false conclusions. You get away with it because of the inherent biases that exists around this joint regarding certain posters. You know that no one besides the poster in question will call you on it so you consistently misrepresent what they say.

Me stating that Jewish people do not have a right to form a country on land in which they weren't the majority of the population isn't Anti Semitic either.

You refused to say where it should be moved to right now. You always go back to the forming and ignore what the situation is now.

However you now think Israel should exist currently and the charge of anti-Semitic has mostly gone away! What a shock.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
long time guy wrote:
chaspoppcap wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

I posted to what you said,yet you changed what i said. The missiles we had in Turkey. Jupiter's if I remember where obsolete at the time of the Cuba Crisis. It was why JFK had no problem in letting them go. up until around he mid 60s the USA was not really that into missiles they believed in the bomber theory. That is why you had the Navy build those huge carriers ,so they could get in on the ability to carry out strikes into the Russian heartland.
The issue with the ones the Soviets set up in Cuba was the amount of time it would take for them to hit targets and we would have to spend a crap load of money building a new line of radar to detect them ala the DEW line up North.
The Russians started the Cold war before WW2 even ended. Look at what went down at Postam,how they maneuvered and stole everything they could. I can point out the Kaytn massacre in 1940 of over 20000 officers by the NKVD. You want more I can keep on giving you examples of things the Russians did during and immediately after WW2. They where pissed at us because we came in when we did,far be it from them that they where buddy buddy with the Nazis until Hitler wanted his living space.

Your facts are off. Starting with the line about Zhukov seeking to war with Germany from previously and now this. First the United States wasn't involved in WWII in 1940. How could this be start of the Cold War?

Secondly Its your interpretation that the weapons were obsolete. Has no bearing on what I posted since the fact remains that the U.S. had weapons that were stationed in Turkey that were pointed at the Soviet Union long before the Cuban Missile Crisis. Cuban Missile Crisis was a defensive response to actions taken by Kennedy. Nothing you posted changed that fact.

Your timeline for the beginning of the Cold War is also off. Cold War was initiated by Truman with his Truman Doctrine and the policy was established by George Kennan.

um here are some stuff about "Stalins Missed Chances"
https://www.strategypage.com/militaryforums/30-96020.aspx

As too the massacre of the Poles in 1940 it is to show that the Soviets where on noones side but thier own, as to the USA not being in the war in 1940. Correct not formally but good ole FDR did initiate the convoy system and the shoot on sight U boat directives, don't believe me then explain the destroyers for bases and the occupation of Iceland? As well as our ships escorting British convoys?

Cold war origins per Encyclopedia Britannica
Quote:
Following the surrender of Nazi Germany in May 1945 near the close of World War II, the uneasy wartime alliance between the United States and Great Britain on the one hand and the Soviet Union on the other began to unravel. By 1948 the Soviets had installed left-wing governments in the countries of eastern Europe that had been liberated by the Red Army. The Americans and the British feared the permanent Soviet domination of eastern Europe and the threat of Soviet-influenced communist parties coming to power in the democracies of western Europe. The Soviets, on the other hand, were determined to maintain control of eastern Europe in order to safeguard against any possible renewed threat from Germany, and they were intent on spreading communism worldwide, largely for ideological reasons. The Cold War had solidified by 1947–48, when U.S. aid provided under the Marshall Plan to western Europe had brought those countries under American influence and the Soviets had installed openly communist regimes in eastern Europe.

Unlike you I back my posts with facts not made up tin foil hat wearing shit

well most times

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:57 pm 
Site Admin

chaspoppcap wrote:
and they were intent on spreading communism worldwide, largely for ideological reasons.

Probably the biggest WYC in the entire thread.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:00 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:

You refused to say where it should be moved to right now. You always go back to the forming and ignore what the situation is now.

However you now think Israel should exist currently and the charge of anti-Semitic has mostly gone away! What a shock.

To be honest my position never wavered. You lied and misrepresented it. I stated that it can exist somewhere else and I stated that it could exist in Germany. Its funny that everyone shot Germany down. Can't have it in those European countries even though it was in Europe where most of the historic Anti Semitic activity has taken place. Interesting that it is the Europeans that have no problems carving up other parts of the world i.e. Africa, Middle East, Asia but when it comes to their own there is such reluctance and hesitancy.

I've always stated that it should not have been in Palestine and if there is Middle Eastern land that is unoccupied then it can be there. I'm not familiar with Middle Eastern geography and thus i wouldn't know of unoccupied land which exist there. It shouldn't have been placed in land where the Palestinians lay.

If you believe it should then explain why? These constant attacks on what i did or didn't say or getting old. Either state what you believe or leave it alone.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:05 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

Good chat.

At some point read a book on the Cold War. The vast majority will support what I claimed. The Presidents of the U.S used the Cold War to build up the military and establish a worldwide hegemony. The communist were the boogeyman. THis same country that was such the threat got their asses handed to them by a third rate country in South Asia. Some threat

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:06 pm 

chaspoppcap wrote:
long time guy wrote:
chaspoppcap wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

As too the massacre of the Poles in 1940 it is to show that the Soviets where on noones side but thier own, as to the USA not being in the war in 1940. Correct not formally but good ole FDR did initiate the convoy system and the shoot on sight U boat directives, don't believe me then explain the destroyers for bases and the occupation of Iceland? As well as our ships escorting British convoys?

Quote:
Following the surrender of Nazi Germany in May 1945 near the close of World War II, the uneasy wartime alliance between the United States and Great Britain on the one hand and the Soviet Union on the other began to unravel. By 1948 the Soviets had installed left-wing governments in the countries of eastern Europe that had been liberated by the Red Army. The Americans and the British feared the permanent Soviet domination of eastern Europe and the threat of Soviet-influenced communist parties coming to power in the democracies of western Europe. The Soviets, on the other hand, were determined to maintain control of eastern Europe in order to safeguard against any possible renewed threat from Germany, and they were intent on spreading communism worldwide, largely for ideological reasons. The Cold War had solidified by 1947–48, when U.S. aid provided under the Marshall Plan to western Europe had brought those countries under American influence and the Soviets had installed openly communist regimes in eastern Europe.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/ar ... is/309190/

well most times

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:08 pm 

long time guy wrote:
To be honest my position never wavered. You lied and misrepresented it. I stated that it can exist somewhere else and I stated that it could exist in Germany. Its funny that everyone shot Germany down. Can't have it in those European countries even though it was in Europe where most of the historic Anti Semitic activity has taken place. Interesting that it is the Europeans that have no problems carving up other parts of the world i.e. Africa, Middle East, Asia but when it comes to their own there is such reluctance and hesitancy.
Your position did waver. You said that Israel shouldn't exist anywhere in the Middle East multiple times. You also wouldn't say where it should currently be moved to. You only mentioned the founding. Now, you do think Israel should exist in the Middle East, though obviously, and fairly, you think there should be a Palestine also.

long time guy wrote:
I've always stated that it should not have been in Palestine and if there is Middle Eastern land that is unoccupied then it can be there. I'm not familiar with Middle Eastern geography and thus i wouldn't know of unoccupied land which exist there. It shouldn't have been placed in land where the Palestinians lay.
Unoccupied? Most of Palestine was unoccupied.

long time guy wrote:
If you believe it should then explain why? These constant attacks on what i did or didn't say or getting old. Either state what you believe or leave it alone.
I believe Israel should exist in the general area that it does, though I would also like to see a two state solution.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:09 pm 

chaspoppcap wrote:
long time guy wrote:
chaspoppcap wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

Quote:

well most times

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/ar ... is/309190/

This was provided last night by the way and Your information regarding Eastern Europe isn't all that revelatory either since I stated that several times. Your information regarding 1940 is your standard run of mill conspiracy stuff that you always come up with. I

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:10 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Your position did waver. You said that Israel shouldn't exist anywhere in the Middle East multiple times. You also wouldn't say where it should currently be moved to. You only mentioned the founding. Now, you do think Israel should exist in the Middle East, though obviously, and fairly, you think there should be a Palestine also.

long time guy wrote:
Unoccupied? Most of Palestine was unoccupied.

long time guy wrote:
I believe Israel should exist in the general area that it does, though I would also like to see a two state solution.

Your information regarding Palestine being unoccupied is false.

I still don't believe that Israel should have been founded where it was founded. You keep playing the "exist" game as a means of suggesting that I believe it should be wiped out. Hence the whole Anti Semitic garbage. I've never said that it should be wiped out and I'm going to ask you to refrain from that sort of logic for the last time.

There is nothing at this point that can be done about Israel existing. My issue is with the way it was created. The best solution would be 2 state at this point.

This is a prime example of telling someone what it is that they think by the way.

If you can provide evidence where I say that Israel has no right to exist then provide it. I'm sure that I won't have a problem providing evidence as to where I believe it should exist.

Last edited by long time guy on Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:18 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Most of Palestine was unoccupied or had such a low population density that it doesn't matter. There were larger cities but obviously some of those the Jews have a pretty valid claim to also as they were there too and had been for thousands of years also.

Also, it once again should be pointed out that it was not a country so the fact that people happened to be there in very small numbers doesn't really mean a whole lot anyways.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:18 pm 
Site Admin

long time guy wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

Good chat.

At some point read a book on the Cold War. The vast majority will support what I claimed. The Presidents of the U.S used the Cold War to build up the military and establish a worldwide hegemony. The communist were the boogeyman. THis same country that was such the threat got their asses handed to them by a third rate country in South Asia. Some threat

I've read books on the Cold War.

And if you really think that the Communists were just the bogeyman, ask the residents of Eastern Europe, Cuba and say Afghanistan just for starters.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:20 pm 

long time guy wrote:

The commies kicked our asses twice in SE Asia.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:21 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Most of Palestine was unoccupied or had such a low population density that it doesn't matter. There were larger cities but obviously some of those the Jews have a pretty valid claim to also as they were there too and had been for thousands of years also.

Also, it once again should be pointed out that it was not a country so the fact that people happened to be there in very small numbers doesn't really mean a whole lot anyways.

Small Numbers? The land had historically been occupied by Arabs and the influx of Jews occurred after Zionist and Partition talk occurred. Look at the population of that region during the early 1900's and contrast it with 1940.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:22 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

Good chat.

I've read books on the Cold War.

And if you really think that the Communists were just the bogeyman, ask the residents of Eastern Europe, Cuba and say Afghanistan just for starters.

What does any of that have to do with the U.S.?

This isn't a conversation of communism vs democracy. I'm not extolling the virtues of Communism. I'm providing historical context to beliefs that are well known. We overhyped the threat and we are doing exactly the same thing now.

I also haven't been provided with one piece of evidence which counters the claim I made regarding the Cold War. Not one. Just a bunch of stuff stating how terrible the Russians were. Do you want me to speak of all the right wing dictatorships we propped up through the years? Dictators that were assassinated because of U.S. intervention? How instance of genocide that were instigated at the behest of the US?

How about the fraudulent wars that were started in the aforementioned Asian countries? because we just had to stop the spread of Commumind?

Think about all the lives that were lost in those debacles?

Last edited by long time guy on Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:23 pm 

Hatchetman wrote:
long time guy wrote:

The commies kicked our asses twice in SE Asia.

And in each instance we were the group that initiated the conflict.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:25 pm 

you are insane.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 496 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next