It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 496 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:14 am 

I will touch on the dirty little secret that has been avoided this entire time. Religious persecution that everyone keeps alluding to was conducted by European Christians. The reason that Jews had to descend upon the Middle East in the first place is because European Christians could not stand the sight of them. That is a historical fact. There would never have been a need to create a Jewish homeland if Europeans had been accepting of the Jewish faith. The two most reknowned Anti Semites in history Luther and Hitler, are both Europeans. The persecution of Jews was a campaign historically carried out in Europe but because Anti Semitism (still does by the way) runs rampant throughout Europe it was necessary that they be transitioned to the Middle East.

The onus should have been on Europe to fix their Jewish problem yet for some reason their culpability in relation to Anti Semitism is often overlooked. Their hands are the dirtiest ones in all of this and wasn't merely relative to Hitler either. There have been many guilty perpetrators of Anti Semitism over the years and Century.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:16 am 

Nas wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
long time guy wrote:
[I'm not going to make a big deal out of it but an insult is an insult. .

Boom! I win! Lick it Nas!

Give my guy enough time and he'll disagree with that point. I believe that he may have already taken the other side when we had this debate during the summer.

Nah expose the hypocrisy so I don't have to do it. That would help

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:18 am 

long time guy wrote:
i will touch on the dirty little secret that has been avoided this entire time. Religious persecution that everyone keeps alluding to was conducted by European Christians. The reason that Jews had to descend upon the Middle East in the first place is because European Christians could not stand the sight of them. That is a historical fact. There would never have been a need to create a Jewish homeland if Europeans had been accepting of the Jewish faith. The two most reknowned Anti Semites in history Luther and Hitler are both Europeans. The persecution of Jews was a campaign historically carried out in Europe but because Anti Semitism (still does by the way) runs rampant throughout Europe it was necessary that they be transitioned to the Middle East.
This isn't a secret. Though, most Jews had to flee the Middle East first. Once again, you refuse to acknowledge that the Jews have a history in Jerusalem for as long as recorded time.

long time guy wrote:
The onus should have been on Europe to fix their Jewish problem yet for some reason their culpability in relation to Anti Semitism is often overlooked. Their hands are the dirtiest ones in all of this and wasn't merely relative to Hitler either. There have been many guilty perpetrators of Anti Semitism over the years and Century.
That's not entirely fair. I'm guessing the Jews would prefer Jerusalem to anywhere in Germany or Europe. That's why so many flocked back.

But yes, anti-Semitism has been prevalent everywhere for thousands of years. Maybe that is a good reason to fight against the "From the River to the Sea, Palestine will be free" line of thinking rather than apologizing for it because you aren't a Palestinian.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:18 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Give my guy enough time and he'll disagree with that point. I believe that he may have already taken the other side when we had this debate during the summer.

Are racial slurs equal? Is calling someone fat the same as calling them a n-word?

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:28 am 

Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Are racial slurs equal? Is calling someone fat the same as calling them a n-word?

I don't recall having this discussion but my point is that the people selectively choose who they are going to call on this stuff. I'm good with it as long as it is fair game. Calling someone foolish or even ignorant really isn't that much of slight. We are all ignorant to some degree and I'm sure we've all been foolish at some point. Calling someone an Anti Semite when they have never demonstrated it is something totally different.

For the record I have never called anyone on this board a racist and I know that you know that. Maybe the Steve guy but he admits to it. When the personal attacks roll my way if I don't address it it won't get addressed. To sit back and suggest that I'm the preeminent guy that engages in it is false. I only ever do it when someone has first taken a shot at me. I actually have let some of the personal stuff pass along the way too. I have given the Chas guy a pass in particular because I don't want to appear to be piling on. Too easy of a target.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:33 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:
i will touch on the dirty little secret that has been avoided this entire time. Religious persecution that everyone keeps alluding to was conducted by European Christians. The reason that Jews had to descend upon the Middle East in the first place is because European Christians could not stand the sight of them. That is a historical fact. There would never have been a need to create a Jewish homeland if Europeans had been accepting of the Jewish faith. The two most reknowned Anti Semites in history Luther and Hitler are both Europeans. The persecution of Jews was a campaign historically carried out in Europe but because Anti Semitism (still does by the way) runs rampant throughout Europe it was necessary that they be transitioned to the Middle East.
This isn't a secret. Though, most Jews had to flee the Middle East first. Once again, you refuse to acknowledge that the Jews have a history in Jerusalem for as long as recorded time.

long time guy wrote:
That's not entirely fair. I'm guessing the Jews would prefer Jerusalem to anywhere in Germany or Europe. That's why so many flocked back.

But yes, anti-Semitism has been prevalent everywhere for thousands of years. Maybe that is a good reason to fight against the "From the River to the Sea, Palestine will be free" line of thinking rather than apologizing for it because you aren't a Palestinian.

No call it for what it is. The most egregious Anti Semitic campaigns in world history have been carried out in Europe.

Yeah expecting indigenous people to be opposed to someone claiming land that isn't theirs really is an apologist way of thinking. I guess continuously pooh poohing the role of ancestors isn't.

Also why should anyone have to war over land anyway? Is that really the best way to settle the issue? Yeah defend your territory in the most barbaric fashion possible and may the best man win. Well the Palestinians are sort of engaging in this way of thinking currently so why does everyone have such a problem with it?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:42 am 

long time guy wrote:
No call it for what it is. The most egregious Anti Semitic campaigns in world history have been carried out in Europe. Yeah expecting indigenous people to be opposed to someone claiming land that isn't theirs really is an apologist way of thinking. I guess continuously pooh poohing ancestor roles in the persecution isn't.
Not exactly. The Jews were virtually kicked out of the Middle East. In many areas where they could stay, they were treated pretty horribly. Europe has a bad history too of Jewish oppression but this is in no way a reason to not want Israel to exist in the Middle East and once again let me remind you that you still claim that you think Israel should exist there even as 99% of your posting about the matter argues against Israel in the Middle East.

long time guy wrote:
Also why should anyone have to war over land anyway? Is that really the best way to settle the issue. Yeah defend your territory in the most barbaric fashion that you can and may the best man win. Well the Palestinians are sort of engaging in this way of thinking currently so why does everyone have such a problem with it?
Choose a side. Either land is owned by who can defend it best, or land is owned by those who were there for a long time. Either way, the Jews have a claim to the lands that currently make up Israel. It's your choice. I don't care either way.

The reason people get mad at the Palestinians for wanting to destroy Israel is that we want that area to abide by different rules. We don't want Israel attacking and we don't want the Palestinians attacking. If we drop that and just let the armies settle it, as we do in every other part of the world even today, then let it happen. Israel has already beaten far bigger foes than the Palestinians and would again.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:43 am 

long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
long time guy wrote:

I don't recall having this discussion but my point is that the people selectively choose who they are going to call on this stuff. I'm good with it as long as it is fair game. Calling someone foolish or even ignorant really isn't that much of slight. We are all ignorant to some degree and I'm sure we've all been foolish at some point. Calling someone an Anti Semite when they have never demonstrated it is something totally different.

For the record I have never called anyone on this board a racist and I know that you know that. Maybe the Steve guy but he admits to it. When the personal attacks roll my way if I don't address it it won't get addressed. To sit back and suggest that I'm the preeminent guy that engages in it is false. I only ever do it when someone has first taken a shot at me. I actually have let some of the personal stuff pass along the way too. I have given the Chas guy a pass in particular because I don't want to appear to be piling on. Too easy of a target.

Don't let me alter the previous discussion. Nas and I already debated the slur issue ad nauseum.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:47 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:
No call it for what it is. The most egregious Anti Semitic campaigns in world history have been carried out in Europe. Yeah expecting indigenous people to be opposed to someone claiming land that isn't theirs really is an apologist way of thinking. I guess continuously pooh poohing ancestor roles in the persecution isn't.
Not exactly. The Jews were virtually kicked out of the Middle East. In many areas where they could stay, they were treated pretty horribly. Europe has a bad history too of Jewish oppression but this is in no way a reason to not want Israel to exist in the Middle East and once again let me remind you that you still claim that you think Israel should exist there even as 99% of your posting about the matter argues against Israel in the Middle East.

long time guy wrote:
Also why should anyone have to war over land anyway? Is that really the best way to settle the issue. Yeah defend your territory in the most barbaric fashion that you can and may the best man win. Well the Palestinians are sort of engaging in this way of thinking currently so why does everyone have such a problem with it?
Choose a side. Either land is owned by who can defend it best, or land is owned by those who were there for a long time. Either way, the Jews have a claim to the lands that currently make up Israel. It's your choice. I don't care either way.

The reason people get mad at the Palestinians for wanting to destroy Israel is that we want that area to abide by different rules. We don't want Israel attacking and we don't want the Palestinians attacking. If we drop that and just let the armies settle it, as we do in every other part of the world even today, then let it happen. Israel has already beaten far bigger foes than the Palestinians and would again.

We don't want Israel attacking? Ok

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:48 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
long time guy wrote:

You are though.

You have inferred I'm a racist and claimed I posted things I did not.

And again, questioning the "facts" that you post here is not personal. It's just that.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:54 am 

long time guy wrote:
Yes. We tell Israel they can't just fix things militarily.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:15 am 

The comment that you (Seacrest) made towards FF was bogus and definitely racially tinged to say the least. You took a personal shot at him for being an "NBA lover" and basically questioned why he'd feel the need to defend blacks. If I'm wrong feel free to correct. As I remember he took it the same way so it's not like they are simply "my facts".

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:25 am 
Site Admin

long time guy wrote:
The comment that you (Seacrest) made towards FF was bogus and definitely racially tinged to say the least. You took a personal shot at him for being an "NBA lover" and basically questioned why he'd feel the need to defend blacks. If I'm wrong feel free to correct. As I remember he took it the same way so it's not like they are simply "my facts".

You are wrong. And they are "your facts." Because the comment wasn't directed at you.

As I pointed out earlier in the thread, when you disagree with someone, you call them names, or even worse, you try and impugn their personal character. And then turn and try and claim victim hood.

It's all rings very hollow. Just like white people yelling "racist" on a message board.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:31 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:

It wasn't like Israel was created on the battlefield. Israel was created and propped up in the boardroom. European colonial masters played the deciding role in its creation. They chose sides and provided the military and financial support for it's creation. Under the guise of neutrality they have consistently sought to ensure that no harm would come to it. The U.S. has for years not so tacitly informed everyone that it would defend Israel if attacked. They also have sought to crush any Middle Eastern country which seeks to acquire nuclear weapons while allowing Israel to have them.

It's easy to say let them fight it out now because "the gun" isn't exactly in the hands of Palestinians. If this sort of combat would have been allowed Pre 1940 what do you think the outcome would have been. How about if you factor in an outcome that was not influenced by Britain or the U.S.?

Again I'm not advocating for war but a diplomatic solution at this point appears to be untenable. I hope that one can be reached but there is too much antipathy on both sides. Any plan that doesn't overwhelmingly favor either group will be viewed as a sellout. I doubt there will be compromise.

Maybe pre 1967 borders. We shall see. When Rabin attempted to bring about peace he was assassinated. Arafat was criticized for being to weak by the Palestinians also.

I noticed that you conveniently absolved Europe of any responsibility too. Ultimate responsibility for persecution falls with Europeans and not Arabs.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:32 am 

Seacrest wrote:
long time guy wrote:

You are wrong. And they are "your facts." Because the comment wasn't directed at you.

As I pointed out earlier in the thread, when you disagree with someone, you call them names, or even worse, you try and impugn their personal character. And then turn and try and claim victim hood.

It's all rings very hollow. Just like white people yelling "racist" on a message board.

I've never challenged anyone's character. You're lying.

I'm the liar you say? have at it then

viewtopic.php?f=75&t=107365&p=2752678&hilit=NBA#p2752678

Last edited by long time guy on Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:39 am 
Site Admin

long time guy wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Inferring someone is a racist, is a direct shot at their character.

So, you won't admit that you inferred a "racially tinged" from a post that wasn't even to you.

And before that, you then posted I called someone a "black lover", which I did not, as if it was something negative racially.

You make far more judgments here then most. And often times, like in this case, try walking them back by attacking the poster, rather than owning what you did.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:46 am 

long time guy wrote:
It wasn't like Israel was created on the battlefield. Israel was created and propped up in the boardroom. European colonial masters played the deciding role in its creation. They chose sides and provided the military and financial support for it's creation. Under the guise of neutrality they have consistently sought to ensure that no harm would come to it. The U.S. has for years not so tacitly informed everyone that it would defend Israel if attacked. They also have sought to crush any Middle Eastern country which seeks to acquire nuclear weapons while allowing Israel to have them.
Yeah, and virtually every Arab country in the Middle East has been on the other side. Ultimately, the British had "won" it.

long time guy wrote:
It's easy to say let them fight it out now because "the gun" isn't exactly in the hands of Palestinians. If this sort of combat would have been allowed Pre 1940 what do you think the outcome would have been. How about if you factor in an outcome that was not influenced by Britain or the U.S.?
Israel would have won. They literally won a war days after being created.

long time guy wrote:
I noticed that you conveniently absolved Europe of any responsibility too. Ultimate responsibility for persecution falls with Europeans and not Arabs.
Stop lying.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:55 am 

Seacrest wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
long time guy wrote:

So, you won't admit that you inferred a "racially tinged" from a post that wasn't even to you.

And before that, you then posted I called someone a "black lover", which I did not, as if it was something negative racially.

You make far more judgments here then most. And often times, like in this case, try walking them back by attacking the poster, rather than owning what you did.

Beat it. I've already exposed you for lying. Yeah excuse me for not being literally correct. Who would ever make the mistake of confusing "black" for "NBA" during the context of a discussion on race?

I noticed that you ducked the part regarding FF defending blacks too. Guess I was wrong about that too?

If you think that I didn't correctly infer what you meant by NBA loving think again.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:58 am 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
Seacrest wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

You are though.

You have inferred I'm a racist and claimed I posted things I did not.

And again, questioning the "facts" that you post here is not personal. It's just that.

He has called me a racist several times I was going to let it go but his bullshit is too big of a steaming pile. I love how I present facts and back them up not with Wiki shit but with stuff like ohh the encyclopedia Britannica and he off hand dismisses it because he thinks better with no backing facts just his opinion. Guy is a total nut job and that is saying a lot coming from me and I have paperwork saying I am a nut job.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:58 am 

chaspoppcap wrote:
He has called me a racist

You are a racist.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:59 am 
Site Admin

long time guy wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Beat it. I've already exposed you for lying. Yeah excuse me for not being literally correct. Who would ever make the mistake of confusing "black" for "NBA" during the context of a discussion on race?

I noticed that you ducked the part regarding FF defending blacks too. Guess I was wrong about that too?

Calling people racists that you have never met is hardly a defense of black people.
Call more names. You've been exposed a petty race baiter in this thread too.

Just for once show the character to own what you say. I don't give a shit if you think I'm a racist.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:00 am 

long time guy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Again I'm not advocating for war but a diplomatic solution at this point appears to be untenable. I hope that one can be reached but there is too much antipathy on both sides. Any plan that doesn't overwhelmingly favor either group will be viewed as a sellout. I doubt there will be compromise.

Maybe pre 1967 borders. We shall see. When Rabin attempted to bring about peace he was assassinated. Arafat was criticized for being to weak by the Palestinians also.

Um do you recall 1948 67 or 73 or do you not recall what went down then?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:03 am 

Douchebag wrote:
chaspoppcap wrote:

You are a racist.

Go back to your legos little boy

Still does not change the fact he lied,it is all he does is lie and make shit up.

Last edited by chaspoppcap on Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:04 am 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
This got ugly....

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:08 am 
Site Admin

tommy wrote:
This got ugly....

NO

People being honest with each other is never ugly.

That's where real change begins.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:25 am 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Seacrest wrote:
tommy wrote:
This got ugly....

NO

did anyone change their minds, though? i'm not seeing it (in this thread).

but you're right about the other stuff.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:43 am 
100000 CLUB

tommy wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
tommy wrote:
This got ugly....

NO

Change doesn't always happen immediately. Lying makes folks comfortable but it doesn't change minds.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:43 am 

chaspoppcap wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
chaspoppcap wrote:

You are a racist.

Go back to your legos little boy

Still does not change the fact he lied,it is all he does is lie and make shit up.

Conduct the search you lying piece of shit. Let the record show that I did call you a lying piece of shit. The last time that I asked you to produce evidence you couldn't

Now I'm asking again since you jumped your hot ass into to the fire.

I just produced evidence regarding the charges against Seacrest. Rather than address it you choose to find the safe space of attacking me. You can't ever go wrong as long as you stick to that playbook can you?

I wouldn't even make the 40 man roster with respect to people that have called you racist or implied that you are racist. If i Have referred to you as a racist then prove it as I did.

Bias is exhibited not only by what people say but also by what people don't. The fact that you chose to ignore what I posted proves this.

You're like the little poodle that yearns for acceptance. Ain't going to happen on this board. They weren't fucking with you before your pedophilia was exposed and you are definitely not going to get it now. Quit trying so hard asshole. You'd probably garner more sympathy from this place if you did. This pattern of trying to pick battles with the guys whom you believe are low man on the totem pole only renders you all the more despicable.

Last edited by long time guy on Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:48 am 
100000 CLUB

LTG and JLN take more incoming fire than any posters that MANY consider to be normal. Neither backs down or admits defeat. I like it even though it can be tough to read at times.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:50 am 

tommy wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
tommy wrote:
This got ugly....

NO

When people are as biased about things as some on here are nothing will change their minds. I neither care about that nor am i trying. Lets see if the herd chimes in on this one.

I backed up what I accused him of. Lets address whether my assertion was wrong. Anyone reading that knows that I am not. I have know ax with Seacrest either. For what its worth I don't think he is a racist. It was an inappropriate comment. Own it and move on.

I'm waiting for the herd to show up (or not). They are always right there for you depending on the poster. The fact that it invariably becomes a referendum about me at some point demonstrates the biases that they possess.

If my assertion had been proven wrong there would be no less than 5 people ready to yell AHA! Where are they now?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 496 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next