It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:31 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Let's face it, this board has gone to shit. I'd guess that 80% of the talk on here is now about politics and its been that way since last year's election. It's gotten to the point where I don't frequent this place nearly as much as I used to because political talk sucks and I have no interest in reading that shit here.

This place used to be fun, now it completely sucks. Take the General Discussion forum. It's basically turned into the political forum now. Just about every topic in there is related to politics. Remember when this place had a small forum dedicated to politics which basically consisted of Jimmy Reardon posts and that's it? Those were the good old days. We need to get back to that.

News flash: I don't give a fuck about anything any of you have to say about politics.

So here is my proposal. Ban all political talk for 3 days as an experiment. Let's see what happens to this place without the non stop political talk bringing everything down. Maybe you Caller Bobs will stop posting about Trump 24/7 and will actually start posting in the TV forum or the food forum or some of the sports forums and we can get those places going again. Because those places suck now.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:27 pm 

Look at poor snowflake Shakes. He needs a safe space.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Do you actually scroll through the sections or do you use the View Active Topics button?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:28 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
STFU, it's confined to pretty much one or two threads in the general talk forum. Don't read it if you want to take a break from politics and take your fascist bullshit ideas elsewhere.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
anyone who doesn't use active topics needs to get their heads checked

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:29 pm 

Banning political talk on message boards was the first thing Hitler did when he got into office. The second was banning Baby McCown.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:30 pm 

It's not some goofy "reality" show, that's for sure.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Score cafe
Drinky's a Trump supporter. Called it. No doubt about it. Think about it. Drinky hates Bernstein. We know Berstein is a liberal. Drinky is also a Bible thumper. Put 2 and 2 together and what do you get? Drinky's a hard core conservative. That's also why he beefed with Goff. Goff is a BLM supporter. You know Drinky hates that. Cuz he's obvious about it. And cuz he's a dumbass. So Drinky left the show once the liberals gained the upper hand. Don't thank me. I just report the truth.

Drinky: WTF? You don't know anything about me.
Beardown: Yes we do, you tell us everything on air.
Drinky: You guys hear that shit?
Beardown: Yes, you dumbass.
Drinky: :oops:
Beardown: :lol:
CSFMB: :cheers:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:33 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
Look at poor snowflake Shakes. He needs a safe space.

I do, I thought this place was it. Turns out it sucks just as much as the rest of the internet.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:34 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Banning political talk on message boards was the first thing Hitler did when he got into office. The second was banning Baby McCown.

The fact that Hitler had some good ideas is not debatable.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:36 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
Do you actually scroll through the sections or do you use the View Active Topics button?

Never seen the "view active topics" button. Just now noticed it up there in the upper left. I stick to forums......tv, electronics, hawks, rec, shoutouts, dbag, Dicaro, food, general, nba. Just sucks that general, dbag, shoutout have all gone 95% political.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:37 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
STFU, it's confined to pretty much one or two threads in the general talk forum. Don't read it if you want to take a break from politics and take your fascist bullshit ideas elsewhere.

One or two threads? :lol: :lol: :lol: It's just about every thread at the top of the page you stupid Caller Bob.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:41 pm 

shakes wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

One or two threads? :lol: :lol: :lol: It's just about every thread at the top of the page you stupid Caller Bob.

Then go on living your life...don't follow the drama..although as an Ambulance Chaser, "following the drama" is kind of in your 'DNA', no?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:42 pm 

There are a lot of political threads he's right.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:44 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
shakes wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Then go on living your life...don't follow the drama..although as an Ambulance Chaser, "following the drama" is kind of in your 'DNA', no?

how many times today have you been told that you're a fucking genius? Please add 1.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:47 pm 

shakes wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
shakes wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

how many times today have you been told that you're a fucking genius? Please add 1.

Not once today. It's been a solid message board day.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:51 pm 

shakes wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

Never seen the "view active topics" button. Just now noticed it up there in the upper left. I stick to forums......tv, electronics, hawks, rec, shoutouts, dbag, Dicaro, food, general, nba. Just sucks that general, dbag, shoutout have all gone 95% political.

This is your problem. Use it exclusively and all will be well.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:53 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
shakes wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

Why would I use that exclusively when all it does is point you to all the political topics since those are the most active???

I'm not interested in active topics, I'm interested in interesting topics. is there a button for that?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:53 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Sometimes i go weeks without clicking on a political thread..if you dont want to read it, dont open it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:55 pm 

312player wrote:
Sometimes i go weeks without clicking on a political thread..if you dont want to read it, dont open it.

Yup..It's not really that hard....just avoid it....like the Sux avoid postseason baseball.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:57 pm 

shakes wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
shakes wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

Why would I use that exclusively when all it does is point you to all the political topics since those are the most active???

I'm not interested in active topics, I'm interested in interesting topics. is there a button for that?

Yes, just search my recent posts.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
No reason to suspend political threads. If you don't like them, avoid them like many people do with B&G or ESPN. No one is forcing you to click on those threads.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
shakes wrote:

Aren't you most active in the golf thread??

shakes wrote:
I hit the ball. It didn't go in the hole. now my back hurts

great thread! riveting stuff

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:08 pm 

'We' have politicized everything, including sports. Sit back and enjoy the ride to the bottom.

- Dan Bernstein, 2016

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:09 pm 

Kirkwood wrote:
shakes wrote:

shakes wrote:

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Caller Bob wrote:
312player wrote:

Yup..It's not really that hard....just avoid it....like the Sux avoid postseason baseball.

I will find you and insult you

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:12 pm 

Kirkwood wrote:
shakes wrote:

shakes wrote:

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:23 pm 

I think its bad for the board when the afternoon show is literally some of the worst broadcast media disseminated for commercial purposes in the world.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:29 pm 

America wrote:
I think its bad for the board when the afternoon show is literally some of the worst broadcast media disseminated for commercial purposes in the world.

Yup.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Banning political talk is how you turn this board into dog shit. Don't believe me, look at White Sox Interactive. Just look at the asshole mods/admin that WSI has. they make Big Fan look like a sane person.