It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:43 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:44 pm 
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
they make Big Fan look like a sane person.

I know on this board we are prone to hyperbole, but come on now. That's going a bit far.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Baby McNown wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

I know on this board we are prone to hyperbole, but come on now. That's going a bit far.

I know there are other ex-WSI'ers here. They can verify this to be true.

Their admin are so fucking paranoid that they don't even allow fair-use quotes of articles. Nor do they allow you to register with an e-mail account from a free e-mail provider. Oh and if you write out a swear word, you get banned. No fucking joke

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Baby McNown wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

No, Ogie is absolutely right. Big Fan wishes he had half the complexes afflicting Daver and his ilk.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
shakes wrote:
It's gotten to the point where I don't frequent this place nearly as much as I used to.

Mission Accomplished.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Baby McNown wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

No, Ogie is absolutely right. Big Fan wishes he had half the complexes afflicting Daver and his ilk.

Yeah, that board is run by some people who have never had a normal human interaction.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:00 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Baby McNown wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

Yeah, that board is run by some people who have never had a normal human interaction.

I didn't know WWN was an admin there.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:17 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
shakes wrote:
Let's face it, this board has gone to shit. I'd guess that 80% of the talk on here is now about politics and its been that way since last year's election. It's gotten to the point where I don't frequent this place nearly as much as I used to because political talk sucks and I have no interest in reading that shit here.

This place used to be fun, now it completely sucks. Take the General Discussion forum. It's basically turned into the political forum now. Just about every topic in there is related to politics. Remember when this place had a small forum dedicated to politics which basically consisted of Jimmy Reardon posts and that's it? Those were the good old days. We need to get back to that.

News flash: I don't give a fuck about anything any of you have to say about politics.

So here is my proposal. Ban all political talk for 3 days as an experiment. Let's see what happens to this place without the non stop political talk bringing everything down. Maybe you Caller Bobs will stop posting about Trump 24/7 and will actually start posting in the TV forum or the food forum or some of the sports forums and we can get those places going again. Because those places suck now.

You're a vagina.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:31 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
FrankDrebin wrote:
No reason to suspend political threads. If you don't like them, avoid them like many people do with B&G or ESPN. No one is forcing you to click on those threads.

You're missing the point. I already do avoid the political threads. The problem is that when you eliminate the political threads there isn't much else to read here.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:35 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Banning political talk is how you turn this board into dog shit. Don't believe me, look at White Sox Interactive. Just look at the asshole mods/admin that WSI has. they make Big Fan look like a sane person.

This makes no sense. So banning political talk = you become White Sox Interactive? That's a really stupid thing to say.

How about this, don't look at it like a ban. Look at it like a group challenge/experiment. Let's go 3 days without posting anything political and let's see what happens to this place. Does it turn into a ghost town or do we start to see other threads popping up about topics that we don't cover anymore because everyone is so obsessed with political talk. I think its worth trying to see what happens.

The fact that you are so resistant to this just proves my point that people like you are way too obsessed with politics and have literally nothing else to say about anything else.

Can you even go 24 hours without posting about politics?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:50 am 

pizza_Place: Jobu
This does not affect me at all, since I learned a long time ago that it is a waste of everybody's time to argue politics. I am a far right conservative, and nothing anybody here says will ever make me change my positions. In addition, I do not ever waste my time trying to get people to agree with me. Life is too short.

People can talk politics all they want - it is very easy to ignore the noise in these multi-page disaster threads.

LET'S GO YANKEES!!!

1999-2000-2009
----------
XXI - XXV - XLII - XLVI

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:00 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:08 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:52 pm 

stoneroses86 wrote:
This does not affect me at all, since I learned a long time ago that it is a waste of everybody's time to argue politics. I am a far right conservative, and nothing anybody here says will ever make me change my positions.

As long as you can find reasonable people to discuss politics with then it never hurts. We have always been tribal but both sides also could lean on the basic libertarian principles this country was founded in order to meet in the middle and get things done. Now neither side knows what the principles of their parties once were. Now Conservatives are no more fiscally conservative than Liberals are socially liberal.

You dont have to agree with anything a Liberal ever says but you do need to know how to pick your battles and be a reasonable human. Conservatives in particular are pretty awful at knowing which battles they have already lost and will routinely continue to waste political capital on.

- Dan Bernstein, 2016

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
shakes wrote:
FrankDrebin wrote:
No reason to suspend political threads. If you don't like them, avoid them like many people do with B&G or ESPN. No one is forcing you to click on those threads.

You're missing the point. I already do avoid the political threads. The problem is that when you eliminate the political threads there isn't much else to read here.

Plenty to read here without politics. Start threads that are interesting and void of politics.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:54 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
stoneroses86 wrote:
This does not affect me at all, since I learned a long time ago that it is a waste of everybody's time to argue politics. I am a far right conservative, and nothing anybody here says will ever make me change my positions. In addition, I do not ever waste my time trying to get people to agree with me. Life is too short.

People can talk politics all they want - it is very easy to ignore the noise in these multi-page disaster threads.

LET'S GO YANKEES!!!

Laugh out loud, I thought getting folks to agree with you was a part of your job?

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Investigating
Does this proposal restrict water intake during said period?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Jobu
Nas wrote:
stoneroses86 wrote:

LET'S GO YANKEES!!!

Laugh out loud, I thought getting folks to agree with you was a part of your job?

Laugh out loud! I am not getting paid to post here! Ha ha ha!

1999-2000-2009
----------
XXI - XXV - XLII - XLVI

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:59 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Baby McNown wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

This is so true.
that board is HORRIBLE. Thin-skinned would be the understatement of the year. They are offended by EVERYTHING.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.