It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:07 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:11 am 

pizza_Place: Lucio's
Victim number 5 for this hypocrite.

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/11/ ... ing-270505

An Army veteran has accused Sen. Al Franken of groping her breast during a 2003 USO tour in Kuwait, the fifth woman to come forward with accusations against the Minnesota Democrat in the last two weeks.

Former military policewoman Stephanie Kemplin told CNN Franken put his hand on her breast during a photo opportunity, keeping it there for five to 10 seconds, which she said was long enough that he should have noticed if it was a mistake.

"When he put his arm around me, he groped my right breast. He kept his hand all the way over on my breast," Kemplin told CNN. "I've never had a man put their arm around me and then cup my breast. So he was holding my breast on the side."

After Franken failed to move his hand, Kemplin said she shifted her body to get his hand off of her breast. In a photo of the two released by CNN, Franken’s hand is around Kemplin’s back at roughly chest level but is not on her breast.

A Franken spokesperson said in a statement that the senator "takes thousands of photos and has met tens of thousands of people and he has never intentionally engaged in this kind of conduct." His office said he would cooperate with a Senate ethics investigation.

The accusation made by Kemplin matches a pattern established by the other allegations against Franken. His first accuser, broadcaster Leeann Tweeden, said Franken insisted on kissing her during a rehearsal for a skit the two performed on a USO tour in 2006 and then later appeared to touch her chest in a photo as she slept.

Other women have said Franken touched them inappropriately during photo ops.

"I was in a war zone...You were on a USO tour — are you trying to boost the morale of the troops or are you trying to boost your own?" Kemplin said. "I just feel so sorry for that young girl in that picture."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:47 am 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
So many on the left are providing cover for Franken, not shocking really.

I havent seen much cover. I've seen far more people call for his resignation and then saying SEE, we hold OUR guys accountable.

Who are the many?

Edit: I see Tad posted the letter from SNL staffers. Anybody who matters? Politicians?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
rogers park bryan wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

I havent seen much cover. I've seen far more people call for his resignation and then saying SEE, we hold OUR guys accountable.

Who are the many?

Edit: I see Tad posted the letter from SNL staffers. Anybody who matters? Politicians?

How many of his colleagues have asked for his resignation?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:23 pm 

This from uber hypocrite Gillibrand, who basically made her reputation claiming to fight against harrassment.

Nick Reisman‏Verified account
@NickReisman
Follow Follow @NickReisman
More
Gillibrand, asked by @sarbetter if Franken should resign from the Senate: "It's his decision."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:35 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

Who are the many?

How many of his colleagues have asked for his resignation?

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/two-p ... le/2640991

https://nypost.com/2017/11/28/long-isla ... ts-pelosi/

Schumer, not calling for resignation, but miles closer to that than defending him
"Sexual harassment is never acceptable and must not be tolerated," Schumer said in a statement.

“I hope and expect that the Ethics Committee will fully investigate this troubling incident, as they should with any credible allegation of sexual harassment," Schumer added, echoing a call made earlier Thursday by Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky.

Pelosi's crazy old ass will be coming around soon, too.

Seems like you just sort of lazily threw out the statement because that's usually how things work.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:36 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
This from uber hypocrite Gillibrand, who basically made her reputation claiming to fight against harrassment.

@NickReisman
More
Gillibrand, asked by @sarbetter if Franken should resign from the Senate: "It's his decision."

Some of this is complicated by the fact that the other team is backing Roy Moore.

Dont want to cut all the steroid users from their own team, while the other team continues to trot out Barry Bonds.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
rogers park bryan wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

Who are the many?

Who’s calling for his resignation? I don’t hear much of that.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:50 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

@NickReisman
More

Some of this is complicated by the fact that the other team is backing Roy Moore.

Dont want to cut all the steroid users from their own team, while the other team continues to trot out Barry Bonds.

Are they dumb enough not to realize that covering for Franken is giving the other side justification in backing Roy Moore?

Even the usually wrong Matt Yglesias sees this one:

Matthew Yglesias‏Verified account
@mattyglesias
Nov 29
More
Short-sighted decision to keep Franken in a Senate seat that would have been filled by a Democratic appointee anyway is going to cost Doug Jones the election.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:51 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

Who are the many?

Compare that with McConnell telling Moore to drop out and threatening to vote not to seat him in the Senate. I don't like the fucking turtle, but he's sure showing more leadership here than his colleagues on the other side.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:53 pm 

Here is RCP's view of the Senate race.

Take a wild guess why Moore started beating Jones last week? *hint* it's the fact Dems are providing cover for Conyers and Franken so Republicans who otherwise wouldn't have voted are saying "fuck it, we might as well back our guy if they do it." The Dems had the moral high ground, but they have since ceded it.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... 6271.html#!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
How many Dems have said Franken should resign?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:11 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Seems to be a pickle. Who is right?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:36 pm 

Up to six accusers now!

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

Who are the many?

Compare that with McConnell telling Moore to drop out and threatening to vote not to seat him in the Senate. I don't like the fucking turtle, but he's sure showing more leadership here than his colleagues on the other side.
Moore was accused of accosting a 14 year old. It it were a string of 18 year olds you wouldn't hear a peep.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
FavreFan wrote:
Up to six accusers now!

What is his sexual assaults above replacement number at?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
I'm not seeing Franken get cover from other Dem politicians, but there is a not insignificant amount of Liberals on Twitter remarking on how bad it would be to force Franken to resign, because he's the Best Hope For Real Change, and the party shouldn't weaken itself over a few allegations from more than a decade ago.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:51 pm 

Not forcibly calling for his resignation is cover.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Hatchetman wrote:
Not forcibly calling for his resignation is cover.

Eh, it's passive hypocrisy, but I'm not a big fan of the "not talking about X is supporting it" mantra.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:08 pm 

It's ridiculous. They're always trying to play the moral high ground and when a democrat does it, eveybody clams up all of a sudden.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Bianchis
It's because the liberal cause is so important to them that they would rather passively excuse a piece of shit because his politics are more important. The old "do what I say not what I do" mantra. Not to say that the right has not done this too, but leftists, especially extreme progressive leftists, feel the cause is too big to let one or two people get in the way...or in this case get out of the way.

It's like the Chappelle Show sketch with the blind, white black supremacist. When the reporter asks his friend why he doesn't tell him or expose that he's black, his answer is that he's too important to the cause. That's Franken.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:53 pm 

It'll be interesting to see how long he holds out before resigning now. Once the accusers get to double digits it's gotta be over for him.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
SuperMario wrote:

It's like the Chappelle Show sketch with the blind, white black supremacist. When the reporter asks his friend why he doesn't tell him or expose that he's black, his answer is that he's too important to the cause. That's Franken.

He's too important for the movement man.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:02 pm 

SuperMario wrote:
It's because the liberal cause is so important to them that they would rather passively excuse a piece of shit because his politics are more important. The old "do what I say not what I do" mantra. Not to say that the right has not done this too, but leftists, especially extreme progressive leftists, feel the cause is too big to let one or two people get in the way...or in this case get out of the way.

The Franken defenders are bad, but people have literally said they would still vote for Moore even if all the child molestation stories are true. That is some scary shit.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:03 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
SuperMario wrote:

The Franken defenders are bad, but people have literally said they would still vote for Moore even if all the child molestation stories are true. That is some scary shit.

You have a problem with the "If you want to start a large family, fucking a 14 year old is ok because she has a lot of fertile years left" defense of Moore?

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Bianchis
Douchebag wrote:
SuperMario wrote:

Agree. But these are the dumbass people from Alabama. It's almost to be expected. Franken supporters are supposed to be the educated, elite, future leaders of America. Their hypocrisy shines brighter.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:14 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Moore was accused of accosting a 14 year old. It it were a string of 18 year olds you wouldn't hear a peep.

:lol:

"We are better than the republicans because we only condone sexual assault on of-age women"

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:28 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

Who are the many?

You know better than this. McConnell hates Moore to begin with.

Here's another for the Franken resign camp

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/36261 ... uld-resign

And look, Im not claiming the dems have any moral superiority. But there hasn't been much rallying around or defending
Franken at all by Dem politicians. It's just not true.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:31 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

Who are the many?

You know better than this. McConnell hates Moore to begin with.

Here's another for the Franken resign camp

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/36261 ... uld-resign

And look, Im not claiming the dems have any moral superiority. But there hasn't been much rallying around or defending
Franken at all by Dem politicians. It's just not true.

Name one Democratic Senator who has asked him to resign. They might start coming out of the woodwork in a few days, but for weeks they were silent

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:31 pm 

Lot of people having two sets of standards here.

Franken should resign
Moore should drop out

Lawmakers on both sides should be calling for that.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:32 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Lot of people having two sets of standards here.

Franken should resign
Moore should drop out

Lawmakers on both sides should be calling for that.
Seems pretty easy there.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next