It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:04 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:26 pm 

I can't wait until the whole list gets out. John Conyers is first up. He paid 27k to former aide in 2015 for sexual harassment claims and he used public funds to fly his side pieces into DC.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/paulmcleod/she ... .lh6l3kyp4

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:28 pm 

Thankfully next year is an election year. And Conyers should've been pushed out awhile ago

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:30 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
Thankfully next year is an election year. And Conyers should've been pushed out awhile ago

He gets reelected if he runs. I don't think at this point any politician on either side gets voted out for this stuff.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:55 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Regular Reader wrote:

Still wants W to be imprisoned.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:24 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

Still wants W to be imprisoned.

He's not wrong for that

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Bianchis
Wonder if Conyers thinks he should share a cell with him.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:28 pm 

SuperMario wrote:
Wonder if Conyers thinks he should share a cell with him.

Balance in all things

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:19 am 

Report: U.S. Rep. Blake Farenthold settled sexual harassment claim with taxpayer funds
Abby Livingston

WASHINGTON – U.S. Rep. Blake Farenthold settled a sexual harassment claim brought by a former staffer with $84,000 in taxpayer funds, according to a Politico report published Friday.

Farenthold, a Republican from Corpus Christi, has served in the U.S. House since 2011. The settlement stems from a 2014 case brought by Lauren Greene, a former Farenthold staffer. Both parties agreed to drop the case in 2015, but the terms of the settlement were not clear at the time.

After Politico published its report Friday, Farenthold said in a statement, "While I 100% support more transparency with respect to claims against members of Congress, I can neither confirm nor deny that settlement involved my office as the Congressional Accountability Act prohibits me from answering that question."

Farenthold's settlement is a small part of a much larger well of money used to settle workplace issues stemming from the U.S. House. On Capitol Hill, more than $17 million in taxpayer funds has been spent since 1997 to settle all kinds of workplace disputes — among them sexual harassment.

The fund, managed by the Office of Compliance, is under heightened public scrutiny following a wave of sexual assault accusations against members of Congress. The account was meant to protect the workplace rights of congressional staffers. But by keeping cases confidential, critics say the public money is being used to shelter the unnamed sexual harassers, potentially endangering more victims.

Following Friday's report, Farenthold drew sharp criticism from some Texas Republicans, including Michael Cloud, a former Victoria County GOP chairman and the only Republican currently challenging Farenthold in next year's Republican primary.

“If allegations prove true, this represents a gross betrayal of the public trust — and highlights the need to elect people of integrity who will work to restore public confidence in our halls of Government,” Cloud said.

Others, such as Nueces County GOP Chairman Mike Bergsma, said they didn't believe the charges against the congressman to begin with — and still don't.

"I know Blake real well," Bergsma told the Tribune, saying he had never seen Farenthold make a lewd comment to a woman. "When you sue a congressman, you're really suing the whole House; there's not a direct way to sue the congressman — and it's just cheaper to settle than pursue it. ... I think [Farenthold] has done nothing wrong here."

Late Friday, a spokesperson for U.S. House Speaker Paul Ryan, R-Wisc., released a statement saying Ryan had spoken with Farenthold earlier in the day.

"The speaker has made clear any report of sexual harassment is deeply troubling, and those who feel mistreated or violated deserve to have their stories taken seriously. In this instance, the independent Office of Congressional Ethics investigated this claim and unanimously voted to dismiss it," the statement read. "Still, there are important questions to answer, including the use of taxpayer dollars for settlements. We will continue our efforts to reform this settlement system."

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Drag's
How can you not love this guy?

"Smiles with Nostrils"

"...no Hmong, go find some blacks"

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:24 pm 

DannyB wrote:

The guy who suggested that any female republican senator should be shot for voting against the ACA repeal.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:27 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
He looks like the headshot the Onion used for "Ask a Faulknerian Idiot Man-Child"

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
DannyB wrote:

That's a real person? Hahahaha

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:08 am 

pizza_Place: Bianchis
He's definitely got bodies buried somewhere or he dresses up like "The Machine" from 8mm and does snuff films.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:02 pm 

GOP Rep. Trent Franks resigns after asking staffers to bear child as a surrogate
Mike Debonis and Michelle Ye Hee Lee

Rep. Trent Franks, an Arizona Republican who is among the most conservative members of the House, said he would resign his seat after House officials learned that he had asked two female employees to bear his child as surrogates.

Franks' announcement came as the House Ethics Committee said it would create a special subcommittee to investigate Franks for conduct "that constitutes sexual harassment and/or retaliation for opposing sexual harassment."

His resignation, which Franks said is effective Jan. 31, will end the ethics investigation.

Franks said in his statement that the investigation concerns his "discussion of surrogacy with two previous female subordinates, making each feel uncomfortable."

While Franks' statement left the circumstances of the "discussion" murky, three Republicans familiar with the allegations said that he had asked the staffers, who worked for him at the time but have since left his office, if they would serve as surrogate mothers for his children. A spokesman for Franks did not respond to a request for comment on that claim.

In his statement, Franks said he never "physically intimidated, coerced, or had, or attempted to have, any sexual contact with any member of my congressional staff."

"However, I do want to take full and personal responsibility for the ways I have broached a topic that, unbeknownst to me until very recently,made certain individuals uncomfortable," Franks said, adding, "I deeply regret that my discussion of this option and process in the workplace caused distress."

Franks explained in his statement that he and his wife have long struggled with infertility. After having twins with a surrogate, the couple sought additional children, he said.

House Speaker Paul Ryan's office said in a statement Thursday that Ryan, R-Wis., had been briefed on "credible claims of misconduct" by Franks last week, after the House general counsel was contacted about the allegations and investigated them.

Franks did not deny the allegations when Ryan confronted him, according to the speaker's statement. Ryan told Franks he should resign, and said he would refer the matter to the House Ethics Committee, his statement said.

"The speaker takes seriously his obligation to ensure a safe workplace in the House," the statement said.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:04 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Quote:
"However, I do want to take full and personal responsibility for the ways I have broached a topic that, unbeknownst to me until very recently,made certain individuals uncomfortable,"

yeah i can't imagine how asking members of your staff to have your child would make anyone uncomfortable

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:55 am 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
DannyB wrote:

That's a real person? Hahahaha

Said to be announcing that hes retiring today. Hopefully he's already repaid the $84k of taxpayer money he promised.

Oh, and this time it may be because of complaints from a male staffer.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:27 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
DannyB wrote:

Its like a real-life Kevin Malone from The Office.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:03 pm 

Looks like someone fraudulently tried to go after Chuck Schumer as well.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/12/13/false-accusations-against-schumer-are-the-latest-attempt-to-trick-the-media/?utm_term=.7386eeda4546

A woman whose name appeared on what looked like a legal complaint against Senate Minority Leader Charles E. Schumer has told multiple news outlets that her signature was forged and that she was not sexually harassed by the New York Democrat.

Schumer has asked Capitol Police to investigate the origin of a document that was submitted to several news organizations in what was presumably an effort to trick journalists into publishing a false accusation that would smear Schumer and ultimately embarrass the media, once the hoax was revealed.

Reporters uncovered the deception before publication, but the episode is further proof that political operatives are working hard to discredit the media by elaborate means.

Last month, The Washington Post reported that a woman working for Project Veritas, the conservative activist group run by James O'Keefe, approached the newspaper with a bogus claim that she had an abortion at age 15 after U.S. Senate candidate Roy Moore impregnated her.

In a follow-up article, The Post revealed that the woman had been part of a months-long campaign to infiltrate the newspaper and other outlets. She joined two dozen networking groups related to either journalism or left-leaning politics and even showed up at least twice at gatherings for departing Post staffers.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:28 pm 

Yeah, I think conservative firebrand and dietary supplement pitchman (why do the two always go together?) Mike Cernovich had something to do with it.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Curious Hair wrote:
Yeah, I think conservative firebrand and dietary supplement pitchman (why do the two always go together?) Mike Cernovich had something to do with it.

He tried to get Sam Seder fired from MSNBC for a tweet that he made eight years ago, about Roman Polanski. MSNBC fired him, but quickly rehired him, after they realized what Cernovich's game plan was. He is now trying to get David Pakman fired from his job as adjunct professor at Boston College, because he says mean things about Trump.

And liberals are the snowflakes.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
Curious Hair wrote:

Kewanee’s finest.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:46 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:

Yeah :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:23 am 

Off the top of my head, Thernovich, Alex Jones, Joe Rogan, and Paul Joseph Watson are all selling magic brain pills in addition to their media gigs. What a world.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:56 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
Off the top of my head, Thernovich, Alex Jones, Joe Rogan, and Paul Joseph Watson are all selling magic brain pills in addition to their media gigs. What a world.

And rolling back evil regulations, especially those of the FDA & FTC are job 1.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:07 am 

Yes, I gotta get Mike Cernovich's "smooth brain health formula."