All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Scorehead’s Money
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
long time guy wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Chus wrote:
Darkside wrote:
What do we suspect so strongly he'll be indicted for?

I'm not an attorney, nor do I play one on a message board, so we will leave it open to any criminal charges.

He probably won’t be indicted for collusion but the money laundering angle appears more relevant than I would have thought.

It’s a bit of a long read but interesting...a lot of seemingly strange connections to Russians of questionable character. Clearly much of it is traceable so there’s no question Mueller is going to be able to connect the dots. I’d guess there are a number of Trump associates in his crosshairs. Does it lead to an indictment of Trump? Still seems like a long shot but man there’s a lot of smoke.
https://investigaterussia.org/media/2018-01-19/suspicious-travel-money-laundering-and-mafia-ties

From what i remember the money laundering Russian Mob guys even had an Apartment that was one floor below Trump's in one of Trump's buildings.

Apparently there used to be high stakes Gambling in said Apartment also. It is difficult to believe that this was done without Trump's Knowledge and/or involvement.

The money laundering angle is the only thing that i've ever been concerned about.

Those charges are legit i believe and have to be investigated.

Do you think Trump knows Patrick Kane owns a penthouse in the tower downtown, and if he does, do you think he (Trump) knows the comings and goings of people in that specific penthouse?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:02 pm 

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Chus wrote:
Darkside wrote:

I'm not an attorney, nor do I play one on a message board, so we will leave it open to any criminal charges.

He probably won’t be indicted for collusion but the money laundering angle appears more relevant than I would have thought.

It’s a bit of a long read but interesting...a lot of seemingly strange connections to Russians of questionable character. Clearly much of it is traceable so there’s no question Mueller is going to be able to connect the dots. I’d guess there are a number of Trump associates in his crosshairs. Does it lead to an indictment of Trump? Still seems like a long shot but man there’s a lot of smoke.
https://investigaterussia.org/media/2018-01-19/suspicious-travel-money-laundering-and-mafia-ties

From what i remember the money laundering Russian Mob guys even had an Apartment that was one floor below Trump's in one of Trump's buildings.

Apparently there used to be high stakes Gambling in said Apartment also. It is difficult to believe that this was done without Trump's Knowledge and/or involvement.

The money laundering angle is the only thing that i've ever been concerned about.

Do you think Trump knows Patrick Kane owns a penthouse in the tower downtown, and if he does, do you think he (Trump) knows the comings and goings of people in that specific penthouse?

This is not relevant to my post.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:15 pm 
long time guy wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Chus wrote:
Darkside wrote:

Did you just ask a hypothetical "what about" question???

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:29 pm 

long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Chus wrote:
Darkside wrote:

This is not relevant to my post.

It absolutely is:

Quote:

This is you saying that it is unlikely Trump would not know who owned a high level apartment in one of his residences, and also unlikely that he wouldn't know what was going on inside that apartment.

Whether he knows which parcel is owned by Patrick Kane and what goes on inside Kane's residence is of absolute relevance. What you meant to say, is it is detrimental to your post, because it makes your larger point absurd.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:31 pm 

Baby McNown wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Chus wrote:
Darkside wrote:

No, the question is firmly based in reality, unlike much of your ramblings.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:33 pm 
Keep trying.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:41 pm 

Baby McNown wrote:

Is there anything that can help shield the world from your ignorance?

The apartment cited was located on the floor directly beneath that of Trump. You are an ill informed idiot that chimes in on issues that you know nothing about and whenever you're proven wrong (quite often) you resort to personal attacks.

Give it a rest dude. Patrick Kane doesn't have relevance to this situation unless his apartment was located on a floor directly beneath Trump's.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:52 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Baby McNown wrote:

The apartment cited was located on the floor directly beneath that of Trump. You are an ill informed idiot that chimes in on issues that you know nothing about and whenever you're proven wrong (quite often) you resort to personal attacks.

Give it a rest dude. Patrick Kane doesn't have relevance to this situation unless his apartment was located on a floor directly beneath Trump's.

Must a sale of the apartment directly below Donald Trump's be directly screened and approved by Trump? Does Trump review and approve sales of every parcel in the building, or just those in direct proximity to him?

Your entire point is nonsensical.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:55 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Baby McNown wrote:

Must a sale of the apartment directly below Donald Trump's be directly screened and approved by Trump? Does Trump review and approve sales of every parcel in the building, or just those in direct proximity to him?

I don't know how familiar you are with Apartment buildings but people tend to be aware of those that reside directly below them.

If Trump targeted this particular group of launderers (likely if you are familar with his connection to Russian oligarchs) he would not have to screen them.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:01 pm 

long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Baby McNown wrote:

I don't know how familiar you are with Apartment buildings but people tend to be aware of those that reside directly below them.

No, I'm pretty sure people only know those that live above-below them in apartments if they really want to. And Trump being personally notified of the identity of a buyer of a residence proximate to his own is still patently absurd.

Trump owned 89A downtown when Derrick Rose bought his 84th floor condo in 2012, was Trump made aware of that sale or is 84 too far from 89? Why would he be made aware of purchases on the 88th floor and not the 87th or 86th?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:10 pm 

Before we go too far afield with your idiotic speculations this debunks the myth (yours) that Trump was unaware of the person that purchased the condo.

https://newrepublic.com/article/143586/ ... -syndicate

Damn you're one of the dimmer of dim bulbs.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:20 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Before we go too far afield with your idiotic speculations this debunks the myth (yours) that Trump was unaware of the person that purchased the condo.

Once again you get clowned by your own sources because you fail to read them:

Quote:
In 1984, a Russian émigré named David Bogatin went shopping for apartments in New York City. The 38-year-old had arrived in America seven years before, with just $3 in his pocket. But for a former pilot in the Soviet Army—his specialty had been shooting down Americans over North Vietnam—he had clearly done quite well for himself. Bogatin wasn’t hunting for a place in Brighton Beach, the Brooklyn enclave known as “Little Odessa” for its large population of immigrants from the Soviet Union. Instead, he was fixated on the glitziest apartment building on Fifth Avenue, a gaudy, 58-story edifice with gold-plated fixtures and a pink-marble atrium: Trump Tower.

A monument to celebrity and conspicuous consumption, the tower was home to the likes of Johnny Carson, Steven Spielberg, and Sophia Loren. Its brash, 38-year-old developer was something of a tabloid celebrity himself. Donald Trump was just coming into his own as a serious player in Manhattan real estate, and Trump Tower was the crown jewel of his growing empire. From the day it opened, the building was a hit—all but a few dozen of its 263 units had sold in the first few months. But Bogatin wasn’t deterred by the limited availability or the sky-high prices. The Russian plunked down $6 million to buy not one or two, but five luxury condos. The big check apparently caught the attention of the owner. According to Wayne Barrett, who investigated the deal for the Village Voice, Trump personally attended the closing, along with Bogatin.

In 1987, just three years after he attended the closing with Trump, Bogatin pleaded guilty to taking part in a massive gasoline-bootlegging scheme with Russian mobsters. After he fled the country, the government seized his five condos at Trump Tower

These are not the same condos you referenced earlier. :lol:

Also, LTG, I haven't leveled a personal slight against you in awhile, yet here is a selection of your word choice towards me, in this thread, from the last 20 minutes or so:

long time guy wrote:

You are an ill informed idiot that chimes in on issues that you know nothing about and whenever you're proven wrong (quite often) you resort to personal attacks.

long time guy wrote:
Before we go too far afield with your idiotic speculations

You really are a piece of shit, LTG. This is why people can't stand you, and probably why you won't show up to outings.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:35 pm 

long time guy wrote:

Quote:
In 1984, a Russian émigré named David Bogatin went shopping for apartments in New York City. The 38-year-old had arrived in America seven years before, with just $3 in his pocket. But for a former pilot in the Soviet Army—his specialty had been shooting down Americans over North Vietnam—he had clearly done quite well for himself. Bogatin wasn’t hunting for a place in Brighton Beach, the Brooklyn enclave known as “Little Odessa” for its large population of immigrants from the Soviet Union. Instead, he was fixated on the glitziest apartment building on Fifth Avenue, a gaudy, 58-story edifice with gold-plated fixtures and a pink-marble atrium: Trump Tower.

A monument to celebrity and conspicuous consumption, the tower was home to the likes of Johnny Carson, Steven Spielberg, and Sophia Loren. Its brash, 38-year-old developer was something of a tabloid celebrity himself. Donald Trump was just coming into his own as a serious player in Manhattan real estate, and Trump Tower was the crown jewel of his growing empire. From the day it opened, the building was a hit—all but a few dozen of its 263 units had sold in the first few months. But Bogatin wasn’t deterred by the limited availability or the sky-high prices. The Russian plunked down $6 million to buy not one or two, but five luxury condos. The big check apparently caught the attention of the owner. According to Wayne Barrett, who investigated the deal for the Village Voice, Trump personally attended the closing, along with Bogatin.

In 1987, just three years after he attended the closing with Trump, Bogatin pleaded guilty to taking part in a massive gasoline-bootlegging scheme with Russian mobsters. After he fled the country, the government seized his five condos at Trump Tower

Also, LTG, I haven't leveled a personal slight against you in awhile, yet here is a selection of your word choice towards me, in this thread, from the last 20 minutes or so:

long time guy wrote:

You are an ill informed idiot that chimes in on issues that you know nothing about and whenever you're proven wrong (quite often) you resort to personal attacks.

long time guy wrote:

You really are a piece of shit, LTG. This is why people can't stand you, and probably why you won't show up to outings.

I don't care to show up because I'm not intereted in fraternizing with people that i met on a message board. Its nothing personal and i don't care to get that personal.

Also you made it personal the second you invoked "ramblings". In addition what i referenced was relevant to my original point. You were wrong as usual and rather than simply admiiting it you are going to continue the battle as you always do.

In terms of popularity you aren't exactly a beacon for it either. Each of your debates will invariably become personal, usually once you've been discovered to be the fool that you are.

You also anoint yourself as the spokesman for a group of people that you barely know and who seemingly dislike you. I could care less whether people "can't stand me". That is what children say by the way.

Attempting to hitch your wagon to other members is just weak too. Stand on your own accord.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:52 pm 

long time guy wrote:
I don't care to show up because I'm not intereted in fraternizing with people that i met on a message board. Its nothing personal and i don't care to get that personal.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Except when you make it personal or cry about how others always make it personal?

Quote:
Also you made it personal the second you invoked "ramblings".

I made it personal with you when I referred to BM's posts as "ramblings"....in a reply not to you, but to BM himself? Just want to know the rules of engagement, here. Maybe he's your Goose. Or, hopefully, maybe you both can be Goose.

Quote:
In addition what i referenced was relevant to my original point. You were wrong as usual and rather than simply admiiting it you are going to continue the battle as you always do.

Except when you posted something about Trump attending the closing of a condo sale in 1984 for property that was seized in 1987, as evidence that he personally knew the tenant below him some 30 years later. Your own source [again], btw.

Quote:
In terms of popularity you aren't exactly a beacon for it either.

I think I was a beacon of sunshine at the Christmas event. Ask den...oh. BRogue, then, he might be less salty now about that age crack I made...

Quote:
Each of your debates will invariably become personal, usually once you've been discovered to be the fool that you are.

YOU made a debate personal, THIS debate! You are the king of taking personal shots at people and then whining when they call you an asshole...just like you're doing now.

Quote:
You also anoint yourself as the spokesman for a group of people that you barely know and who seemingly dislike you.

I think you're wrong on that. I think people find a unique charm to my persona here.

Quote:
I could care less whether people "can't stand me". That is what children say by the way.

Adults say "couldn't care less".

Quote:
Attempting to hitch your wagon to other members is just weak too. Stand on your own accord.

I always do when I'm smacking the shit out of you around here.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:05 pm 

long time guy wrote:

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Except when you make it personal or cry about how others always make it personal?

Quote:
Also you made it personal the second you invoked "ramblings".

I made it personal with you when I referred to BM's posts as "ramblings"....in a reply not to you, but to BM himself? Just want to know the rules of engagement, here. Maybe he's your Goose. Or, hopefully, maybe you both can be Goose.

Quote:
In addition what i referenced was relevant to my original point. You were wrong as usual and rather than simply admiiting it you are going to continue the battle as you always do.

Except when you posted something about Trump attending the closing of a condo sale in 1984 for property that was seized in 1987, as evidence that he personally knew the tenant below him some 30 years later. Your own source [again], btw.

Quote:
In terms of popularity you aren't exactly a beacon for it either.

I think I was a beacon of sunshine at the Christmas event. Ask den...oh. BRogue, then, he might be less salty now about that age crack I made...

Quote:
Each of your debates will invariably become personal, usually once you've been discovered to be the fool that you are.

YOU made a debate personal, THIS debate! You are the king of taking personal shots at people and then whining when they call you an asshole...just like you're doing now.

Quote:
You also anoint yourself as the spokesman for a group of people that you barely know and who seemingly dislike you.

I think you're wrong on that. I think people find a unique charm to my persona here.

Quote:
I could care less whether people "can't stand me". That is what children say by the way.

Adults say "couldn't care less".

Quote:

I always do when I'm smacking the shit out of you around here.

Another of the patented go to moves. Proclamation of victory in spite of mounting evidence to the contrary.

I just provided evidence that Trump was aware of a person that made the purchase of 5 condos yet you still seek to talk Patrick Kane and Derrick Rose.

Neither of which were relevant to the original point.

The rambling comment i read to be directed at me. It was a mistake and for that i apologize.

That was wrong

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Wait... LTG posted an article to back up his argument only for the actual argument to contradict it? :lol:

Tell me where I have seen this one before.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:04 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Wait... LTG posted an article to back up his argument only for the actual argument to contradict it? :lol:

Wait. Are you purposely putting out false information? Wait where have i seen that before?

JLN is essentially lying as usual and you with your inherent bias have no problem believing it.

He stated that Trump wouldn't know about Prospective buyers and i provided evidence as to him having knowledge of a prospective buyer.

Once i provided evidence he made it about him screening gamblers. That wasn't his original point.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:57 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

Wait. Are you purposely putting out false information? Wait where have i seen that before?

JLN is essentially lying as usual and you with your inherent bias have no problem believing it.

He stated that Trump wouldn't know about Prospective buyers and i provided evidence as to him having knowledge of a prospective buyer.

Once i provided evidence he made it about him screening gamblers. That wasn't his original point.

He attended the closing of the initial sale of some of the parcels of his building. Once he relenquished title there was absolutely no way he would have been in the loop for any future sale, regardless of the proximity of the unit. Now it is you who don't know how apartments work.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:15 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

See the card above.

The article definitively shows that Trump did business with some nefarious Russian characters and then forgot about it when questioned under oath.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:27 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

He attended the closing of the initial sale of some of the parcels of his building. Once he relenquished title there was absolutely no way he would have been in the loop for any future sale, regardless of the proximity of the unit. Now it is you who don't know how apartments work.

Lets try and connect the dots. Foreigner comes in a makes a cash only purchase of a condo in Trump's building and Trump is completely unaware? I doubt it.

There is another thing that you are missing. It is difficult to presume that they didnt know the types of individuals that were entering for gambling purposes.

No way they didnt have security checkpoints and surveillance in a building with apartments valued at those prices. Certain there was a master list of all the owners of the condos too.

You can debate whether Trump knew or not but I'm not. i doubt that they would have been hosting High Stakes gambling without his consent.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:41 pm 
Site Admin

long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

Lets try and connect the dots. Foreigner comes in a makes a cash only purchase of a condo in Trump's building and Trump is completely unaware? I doubt it.

There is another thing that you are missing. It is difficult to presume that they didnt know the types of individuals that were entering for gambling purposes.

No way they didnt have security checkpoints and surveillance in a building with apartments valued at those prices. Certain there was a master list of all the owners of the condos too.

You can debate whether Trump knew or not but I'm not. i doubt that they would have been hosting High Stakes gambling without his consent.

You make some good points. The fine paid by one of his Atlantic City casinos is also a HUGE red flag.

But Trump knowing about high stakes gambling in a building that he owns isn't one of those points..

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:40 am 

Its all speculation of course but not beyond the realm at all. Trump may have gotten a middle man cut for all we know.

His ties to the Russians are real though. There is simply too much evidence not to mention Trump's own behavior to suggest otherwise.

According to some they are the reason that he has maintained his money. Who truly knows what the conditions are for repaying the debt?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:22 am 
Site Admin

long time guy wrote:
Its all speculation of course but not beyond the realm at all. Trump may have gotten a middle man cut for all we know.

His ties to the Russians are real though. There is simply too much evidence not to mention Trump's own behavior to suggest otherwise.

According to some they are the reason that he has maintained his money. Who truly knows what the conditions are for repaying the debt?

If the folks at a Trump casino were washing money for mobsters, then that is not speculation.

And as voters, we all know that MANY politicians are repaying debts to corporate overlords.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:43 pm 

long time guy wrote:

Quote:

long time guy wrote:

long time guy wrote:

Could have construed this as a threat.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:50 pm 

long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Quote:

long time guy wrote:

long time guy wrote:

Because people can't stand you? I don't get it. Not at all an intimation of violence like "you wouldn't last". Thanks for showing the search function works for responding to the post and not the poster, right Mr Respond To The Post Not The Poster?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:59 pm 

long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Quote:

long time guy wrote:

long time guy wrote:

Because people can't stand you? I don't get it. Not at all an intimation of violence like "you wouldn't last". Thanks for showing the search function works for responding to the post and not the poster, right Mr Respond To The Post Not The Poster?

Let's stay on topic.

I'm just illustrating your hypocrisy and now i'm finished with it. I'm good.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:06 pm 

Hypocrisy requires two things to be the same. As I illustrated, me explaining why you don't show up is not the same as intimating you shouldn't show up because violence will occur.