It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:31 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 218 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Matt Lauer
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
There were a lot of consensual relationships, but that’s still a problem because of the power he held,” says a former producer who knew first-hand of these encounters. “He couldn’t sleep around town with celebrities or on the road with random people, because he’s Matt Lauer and he’s married. So he’d have to do it within his stable, where he exerted power, and he knew people wouldn’t ever complain.”

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Il-Forno in Deerfield
America wrote:
my heart goes out to the all whores and skanks out there who were fully ready to sleep their way to the top but cant now because higher-ups wont even be alone in a room with them without a bodycam. those are the real victims, not "he touched my back! the horror!" lady.

Not exactly the same thing, but I will not meet with a student in my office with my door closed.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
Psycory wrote:
America wrote:
my heart goes out to the all whores and skanks out there who were fully ready to sleep their way to the top but cant now because higher-ups wont even be alone in a room with them without a bodycam. those are the real victims, not "he touched my back! the horror!" lady.

Not exactly the same thing, but I will not meet with a student in my office with my door closed.

Anytime I've had to counsel or discipline a female soldier I've had another NCO in the room (preferably female).

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Quote:
In September, Lauer asked Fox News star anchor Bill O’Reilly if he’d ever sent lewd text messages to colleagues. “Think about those … women and what they did,” Lauer said. “They came forward and filed complaints against the biggest star at the network they worked at. Think about how intimidating that must have been. Doesn’t that tell you how strongly they felt about you?”

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:44 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
This seems like a convenient way to fire high paid talent with cause.

I doubt it. This will be very damaging to the Today show.

Ratings won't change a bit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:46 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Curious Hair wrote:
Quote:
“I put my hand on a woman’s bare back. I meant to pat her back after she told me about her unhappiness and her shirt was open and my hand went up it about six inches.

Am I the only one not understanding something here?

I think shirt should be skirt.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:10 pm 

I don’t understand the outrage over the fact he had a lock like that in his office .
As in OMG THAT WAS SUCH A RED FLAG!! WHY DID NBC ALLOW HIM TO HAVE THIS!!
I would think it’s not an uncommon thing for execs and celebrities to have that in their private offices .

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Psycory wrote:
America wrote:

Back in the early 1990s when I finished my doctorate, I stayed on as an Assistant Professor on a research grant, basically I officially managed our research team day-to-day for the primary chaired Professor. I asked the Assistant Director of the research center what was different now besides 3x more money, and her response was "you can't fuck the female graduate students any more. Otherwise, nothing."

I did some adjunct work for three years, but I quit last year because the female students were all bitchy daddy's girl Chinese PRC nationals who spent all class reading on their iPads and if you gave one of them a B- on a homework assignment they'd raise holy hell and threaten to go to the department chair because I was being mean to them.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
Psycory wrote:
America wrote:

Back in the early 1990s when I finished my doctorate, I stayed on as an Assistant Professor on a research grant, basically I officially managed our research team day-to-day for the primary chaired Professor. I asked the Assistant Director of the research center what was different now besides 3x more money, and her response was "you can't fuck the female graduate students any more. Otherwise, nothing."

I did some adjunct work for three years, but I quit last year because the female students were all bitchy daddy's girl Chinese PRC nationals who spent all class reading on their iPads and if you gave one of them a B- on a homework assignment they'd raise holy hell and threaten to go to the department chair because I was being mean to them.

You should have failed those chinks on principle.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
ToxicMasculinity wrote:
Psycory wrote:
America wrote:

When their industrialist daddies are paying $60k/year so Chinatrixie can have an American graduate degree and not be an embarassment, it was best to just give them a B and collect my vacation money.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:19 pm 

ToxicMasculinity wrote:
Psycory wrote:
America wrote:

When their industrialist daddies are paying $60k/year so Chinatrixie can have an American graduate degree and not be an embarassment, it was best to just give them a B and collect my vacation money.

I think JORR has a story similar to that :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
312player wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
This seems like a convenient way to fire high paid talent with cause.

I doubt it. This will be very damaging to the Today show.

Ratings won't change a bit

I love a good ratings argument

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:36 am 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
More "everyone knew."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:14 am 

The apology statement

There are no words to express my sorrow and regret for the pain I have caused others by words and actions," Lauer said in a statement provided to CNN. "To the people I have hurt, I am truly sorry. As I am writing this I realize the depth of the damage and disappointment I have left behind at home and at NBC."

"Some of what is being said about me is untrue or mischaracterized, but there is enough truth in these stories to make me feel embarrassed and ashamed. I regret that my shame is now shared by the people I cherish dearly," Lauer said.

The statement was timed for release with Thursday's "Today" show. NBC read the entire statement aloud on the morning show.

"Repairing the damage will take a lot of time and soul searching and I'm committed to beginning that effort," Lauer said. "It is now my full time job. The last two days have forced me to take a very hard look at my own troubling flaws. It's been humbling. I am blessed to be surrounded by the people I love. I thank them for their patience and grace."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:21 am 

pizza_Place: All of them
badrogue17 wrote:
The apology statement

There are no words to express my sorrow and regret for the pain I have caused others by words and actions," Lauer said in a statement provided to CNN. "To the people I have hurt, I am truly sorry. As I am writing this I realize the depth of the damage and disappointment I have left behind at home and at NBC."

"Some of what is being said about me is untrue or mischaracterized, but there is enough truth in these stories to make me feel embarrassed and ashamed. I regret that my shame is now shared by the people I cherish dearly," Lauer said.

The statement was timed for release with Thursday's "Today" show. NBC read the entire statement aloud on the morning show.

"Repairing the damage will take a lot of time and soul searching and I'm committed to beginning that effort," Lauer said. "It is now my full time job. The last two days have forced me to take a very hard look at my own troubling flaws. It's been humbling. I am blessed to be surrounded by the people I love. I thank them for their patience and grace."

What a piece of garbage

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:24 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
If you made a Venn diagram of Today Show viewers and cross it with Eric and Kathy Show (or whatever the fuck that nonsense is now), I'm fairly certain the circles would almost be on top of each other.

Maybe big forehead Eric should watch his back...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:28 am 

sjboyd0137 wrote:
If you made a Venn diagram of Today Show viewers and cross it with Eric and Kathy Show (or whatever the fuck that nonsense is now), I'm fairly certain the circles would almost be on top of each other.

Can’t believe B & G never reported the rumors about Eric being Sharp’s wingman back in the day.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:29 am 

pizza_Place: maciano's
sjboyd0137 wrote:

All this talk of circles being on top of each other just made Lauer lock a door.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:34 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
TurdFerguson wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:

All this talk of circles being on top of each other just made Lauer lock a door.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:51 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
In a wholly unrelated story that couldn't possibly have anything to do with any sort of sexual impropriety, Bruce Dumont stepped down from the Museum of Broadcast Communications.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:19 am 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Curious Hair wrote:
In a wholly unrelated story that couldn't possibly have anything to do with any sort of sexual impropriety, Bruce Dumont stepped down from the Museum of Broadcast Communications.

:lol: Now that would be shocking.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:35 am 

badrogue17 wrote:
"Repairing the damage will take a lot of time and soul searching and I'm committed to beginning that effort,"
[/i]

He means Black women. He's going to start going after them.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:42 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
"Repairing the damage will take a lot of time and soul searching and I'm committed to beginning that effort,"
[/i]

He means Black women. He's going to start going after them.

:lol: I half expected him to say “ sure I’m a sexual predator of sorts but hey, at least I didn’t use the n word !”

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:56 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
badrogue17 wrote:
The apology statement

What utter bullshit! "I got caught,so now I'm sorry." A lot more succinct.

They should replace him with Billy Bush. All he did was giggle and it cost him a career.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:04 am 

Not a bad idea . I wonder if we will see this trend in corporate America soon.

James Woods (@RealJamesWoods)
11/30/17, 12:50 AM
It would be insane for any executive in the future to be at work without a continuously recorded video log of his interactions with all female office staff.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:09 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 6 characters
So these men aren't supposed to apologize? Would it be best to not say anything?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:10 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
jimmypasta wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
The apology statement

They should replace him with Billy Bush. All he did was giggle and it cost him a career.

Brag about grabbing women in the pussy: win the Presidency
Laugh at someone bragging about grabbing women in the pussy: lose your career

Completely normal.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:10 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:12 am 

Don Tiny wrote:
jimmypasta wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
The apology statement

Brag about grabbing women in the pussy: win the Presidency
Laugh at someone bragging about grabbing women in the pussy: lose your career

Completely normal.

Billy Bush just needed the replacement host to be as terrible as Hillary Clinton is and he’d still have his job

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:14 am 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
i wish i was good at writing, i would become a professional apology writer. i feel like this is a thing that will be needed much more in the future.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 218 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next