It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:25 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 218 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Matt Lauer
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
tommy wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
NPR just kicked Garrison Keilor out of his prairie home

Holy Christ.....

Who's next--Lou Henson?

Saw the other day he's been pulling in 400k a year from his pension. Fucking Illinois.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
This seems like a convenient way to fire high paid talent with cause.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:12 pm 

Urlacher's missing neck wrote:

I'm strongly considering coming forward with my Jason Heyward story.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
rogers park bryan wrote:

Use a walker when you do.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
rogers park bryan wrote:

:lol: :lol: I had the same thought.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:16 pm 

I doubt it. This will be very damaging to the Today show.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/peo ... 905491001/

Veteran radio host and writer Garrison Keillor confirmed Wednesday that he was fired by his longtime broadcast home, Minnesota Public Radio, over accusations of improper behavior.

After confirming the news in an email to the Associated Press, Keillor issued a follow-up statement saying he was terminated over “a story that I think is more interesting and more complicated than the version MPR heard.”

Keillor, 75, went into more detail Wednesday in an email to his hometown newspaper, telling The Minneapolis Star-Tribune, “I put my hand on a woman’s bare back. I meant to pat her back after she told me about her unhappiness and her shirt was open and my hand went up it about six inches. She recoiled. I apologized. I sent her an email of apology later and she replied that she had forgiven me and not to think about it. We were friends. We continued to be friendly right up until her lawyer called.”

However, his account only explained one encounter, while Minnesota Public Radio reported that two staffers had complained about him. (He acknowledged there were two accusers in his own statement to MPR.)

MPR issued a statement from communications director Angie Andresen on its website Wednesday announcing it would “end its business relationship with Keillor’s media companies effective immediately.” That includes ending distribution and broadcast of The Writer's Almanac, a daily syndicated program that Keillor continued to write and produce, in addition to rebroadcasts of The Best of A Prairie Home Companion.

She also noted that Prairie Home Companion itself, which is now hosted by Chris Thile, will get a new title.

Without getting into specifics of the accusations that resulted in the firing, Andresen said, “Last month, MPR was notified of the allegations which relate to Mr. Keillor's conduct while he was responsible for the production of A Prairie Home Companion (APHC). MPR President Jon McTaggart immediately informed the MPR Board Chair, and a special Board committee was appointed to provide oversight and ongoing counsel. In addition, MPR retained an outside law firm to conduct an independent investigation of the allegations. Based on what we currently know, there are no similar allegations involving other staff.”

For his part, McTaggart acknowledged, "Garrison Keillor has been an important part of the growth and success of MPR, and all of us in the MPR community are saddened by these circumstances. While we appreciate the contributions Garrison has made to MPR and to all of public radio, we believe this decision is the right thing to do and is necessary to continue to earn the trust of our audiences, employees and supporters of our public service."

RELATED: NBC fires Matt Lauer for 'inappropriate sexual behavior in the workplace'

Keillor created and hosted Companion from its inception in 1974 until he retired from the radio variety program in a blowout at the Hollywood Bowl in July 2016. He wrote the screenplay for the 2006 feature film titled after and based on the radio show. He also starred in the movie with Meryl Streep, Woody Harrelson, Tommy Lee Jones, John C. Reilly, Lily Tomlin and Kevin Kline.

His firing came one day after publication of a Washington Post column in which he argued against the idea that Minnesota Sen. Al Franken should resign his seat over allegations he groped radio host Leann Tweeden during a 2006 USO tour before he was elected to public office.

"Eleven years later, a talk show host in L.A., goes public, and there is talk of resignation," Keillor wrote. "This is pure absurdity, and the atrocity it leads to is a code of public deadliness. No kidding."

In his statement to MPR, Keillor reiterated that position, writing, "I think the country is in the grip of a mania — the whole Franken business is an absurdity," adding that he wished someone would resist. "But I expect MPR to look out for itself, and meanwhile I feel awfully lucky to have hung on for so long."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
Going bareback next time on PHC

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:47 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Quote:
“I put my hand on a woman’s bare back. I meant to pat her back after she told me about her unhappiness and her shirt was open and my hand went up it about six inches.

Am I the only one not understanding something here?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Bianchis
More on Lauer

http://variety.com/2017/biz/news/matt-l ... 202625959/

Quote:
Matt Lauer once gave a colleague a sex toy as a present. It included an explicit note about how he wanted to use it on her, which left her mortified.

Quote:
On another day, he summoned a different female employee to his office, and then dropped his pants, showing her his penis. After the employee declined to do anything, visibly shaken, he reprimanded her for not engaging in a sexual act.

That clearly wasn't Kathy Lee.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:02 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Quote:
“I put my hand on a woman’s bare back. I meant to pat her back after she told me about her unhappiness and her shirt was open and my hand went up it about six inches.

Am I the only one not understanding something here?

Yeah, that is confusing.

Did the shirt button up in the back?

Was her shirt on backwards?

If her shirt was open in the front, why was it open?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:09 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Keillor had a really disturbing op-ed in the run-up to the election where he went on and on about how Trump was an outer-borough scumbag who groveled for the acceptance of the Manhattan Jewish elite that they would never give him. I thought it was very sharp-tongued and oddly specific until I looked up his biography and saw that he briefly quit Prairie Home Companion in the '80s to, like all overachieving Midwesterners, move to New York, where his homespun bullshit act went nowhere with the UES set, sending him back to the Cities tail tucked to resume his dumb show. He was speaking from experience all along. So again, like with his Al Franken defense, he really telegraphs his punches.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Lucio's
SuperMario wrote:
More on Lauer

http://variety.com/2017/biz/news/matt-l ... 202625959/

Quote:
Matt Lauer once gave a colleague a sex toy as a present. It included an explicit note about how he wanted to use it on her, which left her mortified.

Quote:
On another day, he summoned a different female employee to his office, and then dropped his pants, showing her his penis. After the employee declined to do anything, visibly shaken, he reprimanded her for not engaging in a sexual act.

That clearly wasn't Kathy Lee.

He's fucked.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
I am going to buy one of those little extendable pointers and touch people with that.

"there there Ed, everything will be alright." tap tap

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Quote:
Variety also notes that Lauer often had engaged in sexual activity while at work. “His office was in a secluded space, and he had a button under his desk that allowed him to lock his door from the inside without getting up. This afforded him the assurance of privacy. It allowed him to welcome female employees and initiate inappropriate contact while knowing nobody could walk in on him,” according to two women who spoke to Variety.

that's some next level shit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:23 pm 

Bagels wrote:
Quote:
Variety also notes that Lauer often had engaged in sexual activity while at work. “His office was in a secluded space, and he had a button under his desk that allowed him to lock his door from the inside without getting up. This afforded him the assurance of privacy. It allowed him to welcome female employees and initiate inappropriate contact while knowing nobody could walk in on him,” according to two women who spoke to Variety.

It would be pretty damn creepy to have something like that in your house. How does something like that even get installed in a workplace office in the first place? That is massively fucked up.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:25 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Tad Queasy wrote:
Bagels wrote:
Quote:

It would be pretty damn creepy to have something like that in your house. How does something like that even get installed in a workplace office in the first place? That is massively fucked up.

I have that in my office. It's a switch on the wall next to my seat hooked up to a magnet with the door. When you switch it off, the door closes.

I didn't install it. It was here. But, it gives me some ideas.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
Curious Hair wrote:
Keillor had a really disturbing op-ed in the run-up to the election where he went on and on about how Trump was an outer-borough scumbag who groveled for the acceptance of the Manhattan Jewish elite that they would never give him. I thought it was very sharp-tongued and oddly specific until I looked up his biography and saw that he briefly quit Prairie Home Companion in the '80s to, like all overachieving Midwesterners, move to New York, where his homespun bullshit act went nowhere with the UES set, sending him back to the Cities tail tucked to resume his dumb show. He was speaking from experience all along. So again, like with his Al Franken defense, he really telegraphs his punches.

Link?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:27 pm 

I think that's pretty common, but I've never had my own office. It's for things like phone calls and other things you can't be bothered with interruptions.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:27 pm 

Tad Queasy wrote:
How does something like that even get installed in a workplace office in the first place? That is massively fucked up.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Bagels wrote:
Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:28 pm 

Tad Queasy wrote:
Bagels wrote:
Quote:

When you're a star, they let you do it. They let you do anything.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:29 pm 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:
Bagels wrote:
Quote:

I have that in my office. It's a switch on the wall next to my seat hooked up to a magnet with the door. When you switch it off, the door closes.

I didn't install it. It was here. But, it gives me some ideas.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
my heart goes out to the all whores and skanks out there who were fully ready to sleep their way to the top but cant now because higher-ups wont even be alone in a room with them without a bodycam. those are the real victims, not "he touched my back! the horror!" lady.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
rogers park bryan wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:
Bagels wrote:
Quote:

Pretty much , yeah

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
By my count, we've had the following two represented, or at least represented to the point where it's some national story:

Male is naughty to female
Male is naughty to male

That leaves two other variations (screw your fluid or multi-gender crapola btw):
Female is naughty to female (hot)
Female is naughty to male

That final one, I think, will be a very interesting and telling moment in all of this with respect to how it's viewed as well as how it's handled/treated.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:57 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Don Tiny wrote:
By my count, we've had the following two represented, or at least represented to the point where it's some national story:

Male is naughty to male

That leaves two other variations (screw your fluid or multi-gender crapola btw):
Female is naughty to female (hot)
Female is naughty to male

That final one, I think, will be a very interesting and telling moment in all of this with respect to how it's viewed as well as how it's handled/treated.

What if Chastity Bono grabbed Bruce Jenners junk?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:06 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
rogers park bryan wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:
Bagels wrote:
Quote:

You can grab their pussy.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
Don Tiny wrote:

Male is naughty to male

You are missing the Tambor one.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 218 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next