It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:49 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Barstool vs Deadspin
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:12 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
FavreFan wrote:
I still like Magary. He's doing the SJW/virtue signalling stuff more often now which is annoying but predictable. Outside of that(which I just skip over now) I still find him entertaining.

Jambaroo FTW

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:14 am 

W_Z wrote:
this is what i don't get about its popularity. i thought we've evolved from wanting that in our culture.
I think a lot of people have but there is still a good market for it. Remember, on this board, many defended calling Sam Ponder a slut because she dated and then married Christian Ponder after he let FSU because she was covering other conferences while he was in college and they didn't even know each other.

But hey, Julie DiCaro thought there were 3 MLB games when there were actually 4 MLB games so it all balances out!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:21 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
W_Z wrote:
this is what i don't get about its popularity. i thought we've evolved from wanting that in our culture.
I think a lot of people have but there is still a good market for it. Remember, on this board, many defended calling Sam Ponder a slut because she dated and then married Christian Ponder after he let FSU because she was covering other conferences while he was in college and they didn't even know each other.

But hey, Julie DiCaro thought there were 3 MLB games when there were actually 4 MLB games so it all balances out!

Julie also claimed she slept in past kickoff time last Sunday but tweeted at 930 am if you need new material .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:40 am 

pizza_Place: Bianchis
sjboyd0137 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
I still like Magary. He's doing the SJW/virtue signalling stuff more often now which is annoying but predictable. Outside of that(which I just skip over now) I still find him entertaining.

Jambaroo FTW

Magary is a douche, but he is a decent writer at least. The only other person on Deadspin who I would say is a decent writer is Barry Petchesky. Burneko might be the biggest fuckwad at that site behind Hamilton Nolan and his non-stop agenda to unionize everyone and everything.

I only check Deadspin on weekends to see their posts about fan fights at NFL and college football games. Those are always for a good laugh.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:50 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
i dont consume any of barstool's other content, but PMT has been a great addition to my driving time, beats the hell out of B&G NBA talk.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:27 am 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
hands down barstool wins here. its because they and their fans are much better at this (social media wars) than deadspin and their fans.

the fact absolutely nobody watched their show in which they try and rip on clay travis, espn, and deadspin has got to be absolutely embarassing.

calling jews nazi's is also one of the most objectively stupid things on the planet.

i follow both on twitter and will click occasionally on the link depending on the article. based on the tweet alone i can usually tell who wrote the deadspin article as it seems almost 2/3 of them are from these smarmy women who speak about the sport aspect of the article for about 25 character and spend the rest of the time sjw'ing it up or complaining about clay travis and barstool.

"so tennessee ended up not hiring greg schiano today, in part because of clay travis, you know the guy who regularly talks about how rich he is, words words words words words words words words words wordswords words words words wordswords words words words wordswords words words words words said on cnn he likes boobs and the first amendment words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words is not allowed on espn words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words"

Last edited by hnd on Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:29 am 

SuperMario wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Jambaroo FTW

Magary is a douche, but he is a decent writer at least. The only other person on Deadspin who I would say is a decent writer is Barry Petchesky. Burneko might be the biggest fuckwad at that site behind Hamilton Nolan and his non-stop agenda to unionize everyone and everything.

I only check Deadspin on weekends to see their posts about fan fights at NFL and college football games. Those are always for a good laugh.

Bills fans performing wrestling moves may be the greatest series of posts in internet history.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:31 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
hnd wrote:
hands down deadspin wins here. its because they and their fans are much better at this (social media wars) than deadspin and their fans.

the fact absolutely nobody watched their show in which they try and rip on clay travis, espn, and deadspin has got to be absolutely embarassing.

calling jews nazi's is also one of the most objectively stupid things on the planet.

i follow both on twitter and will click occasionally on the link depending on the article. based on the tweet alone i can usually tell who wrote the deadspin article as it seems almost 2/3 of them are from these smarmy women who speak about the sport aspect of the article for about 25 character and spend the rest of the time sjw'ing it up or complaining about clay travis and barstool.

"so tennessee ended up not hiring greg schiano today, in part because of clay travis, you know the guy who regularly talks about how rich he is, words words words words words words words words words wordswords words words words wordswords words words words wordswords words words words words said on cnn he likes boobs and the first amendment words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words is not allowed on espn words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words"

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:36 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Anxiously awaiting the Drew Margery Tyrell mult

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:36 am 

pittmike wrote:
hnd wrote:
hands down deadspin wins here. its because they and their fans are much better at this (social media wars) than deadspin and their fans.

I'm fairly certain whatever parasite has come with the food he's picked out of the garbage has now invaded his brain, because, you know, science.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:37 am 

drew magary was great on kissing suzy kolber. ksk was one of the best sports sites on the internet for a time. was like the nfl barstool. he was pretty much neutered by deadspin in my opinion.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:38 am 

sjboyd0137 wrote:
pittmike wrote:
hnd wrote:

I'm fairly certain whatever parasite has come with the food he's picked out of the garbage has now invaded his brain, because, you know, science.

very possible.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:07 am 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Barstool wins easily.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:18 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
W_Z wrote:

true; i think maybe there's a bit of a communal feeling that even if they're douchebags, they're still sports fans and talk sports. i think Barstool vs. Deadspin is just like Alien vs. Predator. Whoever wins, we lose.