It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:09 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:20 am 

pizza_Place: Lucio's
And they continue to come out of the woodwork...

http://money.cnn.com/2017/11/30/media/r ... MStoryLink

Russell Simmons is stepping down from his companies in the wake of an accusation of harassment and sexual assault.

Simmons, the founder of hip-hop music label Def Jam Recordings and CEO of Rush Communications, released a statement on Thursday after screenwriter Jenny Lumet accused him of forcing her to have sex with him in 1991. She detailed the encounter in a guest column published by The Hollywood Reporter on Thursday.

"I have been informed with great anguish of Jenny Lumet's recollection about our night together in 1991," Simmons said in a statement. "I know Jenny and her family and have seen her several times over the years since the evening she described. While her memory of that evening is very different from mine, it is now clear to me that her feelings of fear and intimidation are real. While I have never been violent, I have been thoughtless and insensitive in some of my relationships over many decades and I sincerely and humbly apologize."

The statement continued: "This is a time of great transition. The voices of the voiceless, those who have been hurt or shamed, deserve and need to be heard. As the corridors of power inevitably make way for a new generation, I don't want to be a distraction so I am removing myself from the businesses that I founded. The companies will now be run by a new and diverse generation of extraordinary executives who are moving the culture and consciousness forward. I will convert the studio for yogic science into a not-for-profit center of learning and healing. As for me, I will step aside and commit myself to continuing my personal growth, spiritual learning and above all to listening."

On November 19, the Los Angeles Times published a report that detailed allegations of sexual misconduct made against director Brett Ratner and Simmons. A woman quoted in the story said Ratner and Simmons, 60, were "in it together."

Ratner and Simmons denied the allegations, with Simmons adding that, "abusing women in any way shape or form violates the very core of my being."

CNN has reached out to Simmons' representatives for comment.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:31 pm 

Hell he himself admitted going to fashion shows in the early 90's to a) find the latest, most attractive late teens, and b) find his considerably younger ife to be who he first noticed I think at 16.

I'm questioning any of the women coming forward now, he's been a known commodity for 30 years now. Video hos wasn't an inaccurate job description.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Regular Reader wrote:
Hell he himself admitted going to fashion shows to a) find the latest, most attractive late teens, and b) find his considerably younger then model wife to be who he first noticed I think at 16.

I'm questioning any of the women coming forward now
, he's been a known commodity for 30 years now. Video hos wasn't an inaccurate job description.

:lol: Wow. Your hackery knows no ends.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:34 pm 

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Hell he himself admitted going to fashion shows to a) find the latest, most attractive late teens, and b) find his considerably younger then model wife to be who he first noticed I think at 16.

, he's been a known commodity for 30 years now. Video hos wasn't an inaccurate job description.

Nor does your assholery.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Drag's
Wow, Sidney Lumet's daughter. One of the all-time greats. I wonder if he knew about it, that's fucked up. Though the way things are going, Sidney may have gifted her to Def Jam.

"Smiles with Nostrils"

"...no Hmong, go find some blacks"

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:41 pm 

What gets me is these types of people can get quality pussy whenever they want it. Why harass??

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:42 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

Nor does your assholery.

Yeah, I'm the asshole here, not the guy trying desperately to excuse a wealthy, powerful man cruising for teenagers.

What were your thoughts on the Roy Moore accusations, by the way?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:54 pm 

Yeah, I'm the asshole here, not the guy trying desperately to excuse a wealthy, powerful man cruising for teenagers.

I'm not excusing anything, but it's funny that that's your default opinion.

Any grown man trolling for teens is a vile scumbag & weirdo in my book. Regardless of wealth, religion, power or race. I just wish he'd been prosecuted for it.

As for Ol' Roy, I think that's he's emblematic of the stereotypical bad old south and the tea party. Plus him being from Alabama, the young girls thing isn't a shock, the shock to me is that there wasn't a family member mixed in the group.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:56 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:

I'm not excusing anything,

You literally said "I'm questioning the women coming forward" in a post that casually referenced Simmons admitting he liked to trawl fashion shows for younger girls with a "He told you what he was going to do" flair.

But thank you for walking it back.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:58 pm 

pizza_Place: ....
People who are fake for a living deserve what they get in line for, but its still nice to see the liberals crashing and burning left and right.

I always liked Russell Simmons, though, for his contributions to comedy as well as a lot of classic 80's music.

I apologize to The Hawk

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Regular Reader wrote:

You literally said "I'm questioning the women coming forward" in a post that casually referenced Simmons admitting he liked to trawl fashion shows for younger girls with a "He told you what he was going to do" flair.

Didn't know you were a member of the "Believe. Women. Always" tribe

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:04 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

Just pointing out Reader's pungent hypocrisy.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:14 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
He was able to still toss a little tea party in there.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:59 pm 

DRUDGE REPORT‏ @DRUDGE_REPORT
23m23 minutes ago

RUSSELL SIMMONS Accused of Raping Director's Daughter in Graphic Detail...

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ ... mn-1062934

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:35 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

Just pointing out Reader's pungent hypocrisy.

From the most unprincipled, illogical, questionably motivated guy here, hilarious

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:39 pm 

pittmike wrote:
He was able to still toss a little tea party in there.

Consistency in all things political :wink: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:51 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:

From the most unprincipled, illogical, questionably motivated guy here, hilarious

:lol: Excuse more rape.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaiser's - Kenosha
Any woman who has ever seen or heard Russell Simmons speak would know that them drawers is gon' get moist as soon he starts sweet talking.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:00 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:

:lol: Excuse more rape.

Where do your politics have you on the Roy Moore pedophilia?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:42 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Papa Dells
Reader’s gonna be Reader...his cognitive dissonance never disappoints.