It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:36 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Today’s SJW lunacy
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:21 pm 

any true comedian should be ashamed to critique comedy based on any other standard than "is it funny"

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Bianchis
badrogue17 wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Let me expand upon this and let's look at the comedy genre in film today.

Have there been any "great" (and by great I mean films which will be looked upon decades from now) comedy films made in the last decade?

I really cannot think of any. They are all bland, generic, and quite honestly unfunny at this point.

In the 70s you had "Animal House" which paved the way for an 80s of "Caddyshack," "Ghostbusters," "Vacation," etc. Even the 90s still had "Dumb and Dumber," "There's Something About Mary," and "Office Space."

You had a few decent comedies in the mid 00s, but there really has been a noteworthy decline in comedy. I'd argue the fear of offending anyone has played a role in this.

The comedy genre in cinema is dead and until people learn to take a joke, I don't think it will return. The last comedy I truly enjoyed was "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" and that was what? 2008?

You better look out. I've suggested a similar path for SNL, and I repeatedly am met by a chorus of old man cracks.

Honestly, I think the problem is that you don't have honest voices in (mainstream) comedy, and people are afraid of satire. And the idiots that don't understand satire, or are it's target, are remarkably easily offended. (see: America above)
Isn’t this what the Simpsons are doing (or did ) though? Yet someone was offended by it enough to make a movie about it ?

People stopped being able to laugh at themselves and each other. Look at who is driving this. These are mostly 18 to 30 year old kids who have never really been in the real world and been coddled their whole lives. They are the selfie generation that finds it's so important to post the perfect picture of themselves on the internet to have their egos fed. And when things aren't perfect, their world shatters. They are incapable of laughing at themselves and each other. Everything has to be protected to them. So when a show like The Simpsons or South Park or anything like that pokes fun at something close to them, they can't handle it. The new generation has no sense of humor.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Last comedy I thoroughly enjoyed was the Hangover.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:05 pm 

Who is more snowflakey?

The documentary guy or those upset by him?

I feel like this will have 0 effect on my life.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Hmm...

Pineapple Express, Step Brothers, and Tropic Thunder were 2008.

Observe and Report was 2009.

This is the End was 2013.

Neighbors was 2014.

Popstar: Never Stop Stopping was pretty fucking hilarious, and it was released last year.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:14 pm 

there have been some good comedies released in the past decade, as jbills pointed out. and some of those are pretty racy.

i'd like to know if this "comedian" has made jokes at his own people's expense in his act. i've never heard of him, but "the simpsons" has always been satirical of all society.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
W_Z wrote:
i'd like to know if this "comedian" has made jokes at his own people's expense in his act.

That's the rub. Is Apu bad because a white guy does the voice or is he inherently bad because of the stereotype?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
rogers park bryan wrote:
Who is more snowflakey?

Individually sure, but the cumulative effect of this and all the other SJW nonsense that enters the dialogue does undoubtedly have an effect on your life. In fact, part of the reason shit like is so dangerous is that an entire segment of the (mostly white) male population has been conditioned to feel exactly the way you do. "Well you see this movie isn't ringing my doorbell and punching me in my face directly so UH what the fuck am I supposed to care?"

Have a fucking spine and quit being a pussy. Start taking some pride in yourself and quit deferring like an idiot. PROUD WOMYN are never told that the shit they bitch about doesn't affect them so they shouldn't bitch about it. Nobody bothered to tell this snowflake to get the fuck over the fact he doesn't like a TV show character. But here you are doing just that.

A cuck. The modern American male. A emasculated bitch-boy who checks his privilege ON HIS OWN TERMS. That's you.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:26 pm 

2008 was a completely different era. Tropic Thunder would be boycotted today and would probably never even make it to release.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
America wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Who is more snowflakey?

Individually sure, but the cumulative effect of this and all the other SJW nonsense that enters the dialogue does undoubtedly have an effect on your life. In fact, part of the reason shit like is so dangerous is that an entire segment of the (mostly white) male population has been conditioned to feel exactly the way you do. "Well you see this movie isn't ringing my doorbell and punching me in my face directly so UH what the fuck am I supposed to care?"

Have a fucking spine and quit being a pussy. Start taking some pride in yourself and quit deferring like an idiot. PROUD WOMYN are never told that the shit they bitch about doesn't affect them so they shouldn't bitch about it. Nobody bothered to tell this snowflake to get the fuck over the fact he doesn't like a TV show character. But here you are doing just that.

A cuck. The modern American male. A emasculated bitch-boy who checks his privilege ON HIS OWN TERMS. That's you.

:cheers:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
America wrote:

Idk, at least they didn't run off to France because America was TOO SCARY

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
The only way to counteract the snowflakes is to get triggered by their outrage? Is that what I am supposed to do? Just checking...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:34 pm 

Kirkwood wrote:
America wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdCXxUxI-WE

yea American men sure are the toughest. bunch of Davy Crockett's :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:37 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
The only way to counteract the snowflakes is to get triggered by their outrage? Is that what I am supposed to do? Just checking...

Attack. Counter-attack. Never apologize.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
Hank Scorpio wrote:

No its to ridicule and mock these people appropriately. That doesn't happen anymore. This burrito is going to be featured on Huff post, Buzzfeed and Mic with terms like "powerful" and "woke".

The media normalizes this bullshit and if you just shrug your shouldets it will be the norm

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:38 pm 

America wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
America wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdCXxUxI-WE

yea American men sure are the toughest. bunch of Davy Crockett's :lol:

You only find this kind of stuff if you purposely search for it.

Hmmm.

Last edited by Douchebag on Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:54 pm 

America wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Who is more snowflakey?

Were you anger crying as you typed this?

Get your blood pressure checked.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:01 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
rogers park bryan wrote:
America wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Who is more snowflakey?

Thank you, come again.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
rogers park bryan wrote:
Who is more snowflakey?

I’ll say it’s the guy that made a documentary about it .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:09 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Who is more snowflakey?

This is going to be a great thread. Can't wait to see what bothers everyone next.

It will take some of the DiCaro post market share though.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
rogers park bryan wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Who is more snowflakey?

This is going to be a great thread. Can't wait to see what bothers everyone next.

It will take some of the DiCaro post market share though.

People like America throw hissy fits because the cross dressing kid in his YouTube is going to be his boss in 10 years. Rather than WORK ON MYSELF he rather whine about shitlibs and people being mean to Trump.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:22 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
America wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Who is more snowflakey?

This will still have zero effect on my life. I will watch the Simpsons when I want and I won't watch this documentary. Problem solved.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:27 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
rogers park bryan wrote:
America wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Who is more snowflakey?

Were you anger crying as you typed this?

Get your blood pressure checked.

Wow.

First RPB goes after Pittmike, and now he starts in on America.

Who is next on his hit list?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:32 pm 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
Peoria Matt wrote:
America wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Who is more snowflakey?

This will still have zero effect on my life. I will watch the Simpsons when I want and I won't watch this documentary. Problem solved.

i get what he's saying though. the slippery slope here is at some point, simpsons will be racist contraband that you will no longer be allowed to watch. It is prudent to fight back at some of this idiocy. allowing it to fall by the wayside as "who cares it doesn't affect me" only works until it does affect you and at that point its too late.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:35 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
hnd wrote:
i get what he's saying though. the slippery slope here is at some point, simpsons will be racist contraband that you will no longer be allowed to watch. It is prudent to fight back at some of this idiocy. allowing it to fall by the wayside as "who cares it doesn't affect me" only works until it does affect you and at that point its too late.

And what is "fighting back at the idiocy"?

Posting on a message board? Tweeting?

This isn't directed at you, just in general.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Where does South Park fit in this whole outrage equation?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Jbi11s wrote:
Where does South Park fit in this whole outrage equation?
Didn’t they have a fatwa issued against them at some point ?

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:42 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
hnd wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:
America wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Who is more snowflakey?

Hnd is correct.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:43 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Jbi11s wrote:
Hmm...

Pineapple Express, Step Brothers, and Tropic Thunder were 2008.

Observe and Report was 2009.

This is the End was 2013.

Neighbors was 2014.

Popstar: Never Stop Stopping was pretty fucking hilarious, and it was released last year.

Pineapple express and step bros. Great, those other fliks are horseshit. Nothing with Andy Samberg is remotely funny.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:49 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Peoria Matt wrote:
hnd wrote:

And what is "fighting back at the idiocy"?

Posting on a message board? Tweeting?

This isn't directed at you, just in general.

Acknowledging Josh Bellamy's contributions to the Bear would be a great place to start.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next