It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:52 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Today’s SJW lunacy
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:53 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:
Where does South Park fit in this whole outrage equation?
Didn’t they have a fatwa issued against them at some point ?

Yeah which I found as hilarious as the scientologists like Isaac Hayes being so bent out of shape when the jokes were at their cult's expense.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:55 pm 

hnd wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:
America wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Who is more snowflakey?

The documentary guy or those upset by him?

I feel like this will have 0 effect on my life.

Individually sure, but the cumulative effect of this and all the other SJW nonsense that enters the dialogue does undoubtedly have an effect on your life. In fact, part of the reason shit like is so dangerous is that an entire segment of the (mostly white) male population has been conditioned to feel exactly the way you do. "Well you see this movie isn't ringing my doorbell and punching me in my face directly so UH what the fuck am I supposed to care?"

Have a fucking spine and quit being a pussy. Start taking some pride in yourself and quit deferring like an idiot. PROUD WOMYN are never told that the shit they bitch about doesn't affect them so they shouldn't bitch about it. Nobody bothered to tell this snowflake to get the fuck over the fact he doesn't like a TV show character. But here you are doing just that.

A cuck. The modern American male. A emasculated bitch-boy who checks his privilege ON HIS OWN TERMS. That's you.

This will still have zero effect on my life. I will watch the Simpsons when I want and I won't watch this documentary. Problem solved.

i get what he's saying though. the slippery slope here is at some point, simpsons will be racist contraband that you will no longer be allowed to watch. It is prudent to fight back at some of this idiocy. allowing it to fall by the wayside as "who cares it doesn't affect me" only works until it does affect you and at that point its too late.

Pretty large leap from this documentary existing to "Simpsons racist and banned!*

Im always on the side of comedy has no limits. I guess I just always knew there were people on the other side. It's not shocking or upsetting.

This is 1 guy versus what eleventy trillion Simpson lovers?

We're fine. Stop worrying so much.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:55 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
America wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
America wrote:
A cuck. The modern American male. A emasculated bitch-boy who checks his privilege ON HIS OWN TERMS. That's you.

Idk, at least they didn't run off to France because America was TOO SCARY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdCXxUxI-WE

yea American men sure are the toughest. bunch of Davy Crockett's :lol:

You only find this kind of stuff if you purposely search for it.

Hmmm.

Frankly this is my thought virtually every time one of these outrage at outrage threads gets started, or Reddit is referenced.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:58 pm 
ToxicMasculinity wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
mandatory camps for the "burritos".

Now this I can get behind.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:59 pm 
If nobody is offended then the joke isn't funny. Tell Kim to aim his nukes at these people.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
312player wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:
Hmm...

Pineapple Express, Step Brothers, and Tropic Thunder were 2008.

Observe and Report was 2009.

This is the End was 2013.

Neighbors was 2014.

Popstar: Never Stop Stopping was pretty fucking hilarious, and it was released last year.

Pineapple express and step bros. Great, those other fliks are horseshit. Nothing with Andy Samberg is remotely funny.

Critic reviews and box office revenue prove yet another one of your tunnel visioned proclamations is incorrect.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:21 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Popstar absolutely bombed at the box office, nice try.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:27 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
rogers park bryan wrote:
hnd wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:
America wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Who is more snowflakey?

Individually sure, but the cumulative effect of this and all the other SJW nonsense that enters the dialogue does undoubtedly have an effect on your life. In fact, part of the reason shit like is so dangerous is that an entire segment of the (mostly white) male population has been conditioned to feel exactly the way you do. "Well you see this movie isn't ringing my doorbell and punching me in my face directly so UH what the fuck am I supposed to care?"

Have a fucking spine and quit being a pussy. Start taking some pride in yourself and quit deferring like an idiot. PROUD WOMYN are never told that the shit they bitch about doesn't affect them so they shouldn't bitch about it. Nobody bothered to tell this snowflake to get the fuck over the fact he doesn't like a TV show character. But here you are doing just that.

This will still have zero effect on my life. I will watch the Simpsons when I want and I won't watch this documentary. Problem solved.

i get what he's saying though. the slippery slope here is at some point, simpsons will be racist contraband that you will no longer be allowed to watch. It is prudent to fight back at some of this idiocy. allowing it to fall by the wayside as "who cares it doesn't affect me" only works until it does affect you and at that point its too late.

Pretty large leap from this documentary existing to "Simpsons racist and banned!*

Im always on the side of comedy has no limits. I guess I just always knew there were people on the other side. It's not shocking or upsetting.

This is 1 guy versus what eleventy trillion Simpson lovers?

We're fine. Stop worrying so much.

I can't speak for the others but isn't what Azaria was saying giving in to the documentary? The entire we need to look into it and check ourselves out sounds to me like Apu will be on the way out.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
pittmike wrote:

I can't speak for the others but isn't what Azaria was saying giving in to the documentary? The entire we need to look into it and check ourselves out sounds to me like Apu will be on the way out.

The original headline of the article I linked was “ There’s a problem with Apu. The Simpsons producers and Hank Azaria are planning to get together to decide what to do about the Kwik-E-Mart owner following criticism over racial stereotyping “.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:44 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
badrogue17 wrote:
pittmike wrote:

The original headline of the article I linked was “ There’s a problem with Apu. The Simpsons producers and Hank Azaria are planning to get together to decide what to do about the Kwik-E-Mart owner following criticism over racial stereotyping “.

So then to RPB's point, we may not be fine and we might have to worry so much?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
badrogue17 wrote:
pittmike wrote:

I think the real reason why so many people hate SJWs, in addition to the fear of change (which is natural), is the fact that SJWs seek to win arguments via establishing the moral high ground, which they do not always establish and which is a remarkably shitty way to argue, because they take things out of context, and because they insist upon doing your thinking for you.

America wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Who is more snowflakey?

You wrote this as a response to a guy not disliking a documentary as much as you do. Get off the internet for a few days. Interact with regular people.

To rock my soul

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
"Having the conversation" = time to start banning speech.

PM asks a good question, which how to fight back against it. I really dont know, I'm just mad as hell. I will say the best coarse of action for now is resist any sort of liberalism at every junction. This shit we have now is a product of a decade of acquiescence, so the only way I can come up with to stop is to oppose anything that gives liberals a victory. Even if you agree with them you have to oppose it.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:53 pm 

America wrote:
I really dont know, I'm just mad as hell.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
Baby McNown wrote:
ToxicMasculinity wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

:lol:
Great line

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:03 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Most of this "liberalism" is just the good old-fashioned social conservatism of the upper classes. No one wanted The Simpsons off the air in the early '90s more than family-values Republicans. (Now, no one wants it off the air as much as Simpsons fans who can't stand how unfunny it got.) The only difference is that instead of wanting to replace The Simpsons with The Waltons, they want to replace it with, I dunno, that dumbfuck show where Aziz Ansari goes on dates in New York and looks at his feet.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
ToxicMasculinity wrote:
America wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Who is more snowflakey?

:cheers:

Except when snowflake conservatives make predictions like this, they never come true. If we allow X, it will lead to Y. Gay marriage? What's next, people marrying animals? Legal weed? The kids are going to get it.

The proper response is to ignore the guy who complains about Apu, because it's just a cartoon. But, that isn't what is happening here.
Snowflake gon' snowflake.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

Last edited by Chus on Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:12 pm 

Peoria Matt wrote:
America wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Who is more snowflakey?

This guy gets it. Or, you can sound like a hysterical idiot who screams about libtards.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:15 pm 

ToxicMasculinity wrote:
Baby McNown wrote:
ToxicMasculinity wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

Great line

”It’s just a question we have to ask “

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:18 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
ToxicMasculinity wrote:
Baby McNown wrote:
ToxicMasculinity wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

Great line

”It’s just a question we have to ask “

I've swallowed a lot of aggression. And a lot of pizzas.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
tommy wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
pittmike wrote:

I think the real reason why so many people hate SJWs, in addition to the fear of change (which is natural), is the fact that SJWs seek to win arguments via establishing the moral high ground, which they do not always establish and which is a remarkably shitty way to argue, because they take things out of context, and because they insist upon doing your thinking for you.

These sorts of things do have an effect on people's lives when they start to inhibit artists -- painters, sculptors, writers, musicians, performers of any type -- for fear of being labeled as some sort of -ist or -ism by the internet/social media outrage machine. I think everyone is aware by now that many comedians will no longer play college campuses for this reason.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
http://dailycaller.com/2017/01/30/blm-a ... ng-people/

This is the bedrock of the Democratic Party.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
America wrote:
http://dailycaller.com/2017/01/30/blm-anti-trump-protest-in-seattle-we-need-to-start-killing-people/

13% wanting 100% of other people's moneu

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:45 pm 

Coincidentally, I tweeted a shot at someone "saying comedy is funnier now when it's not at someone's expense". I said a mute Don Rickles is funnier than the "absurdist comedy meme" she posted.

And I thought my tweet would end this PC non sense but I guess not!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
America wrote:
http://dailycaller.com/2017/01/30/blm-anti-trump-protest-in-seattle-we-need-to-start-killing-people/

Hopefully they start with you

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:57 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Most of this "liberalism" is just the good old-fashioned social conservatism of the upper classes. No one wanted The Simpsons off the air in the early '90s more than family-values Republicans. (Now, no one wants it off the air as much as Simpsons fans who can't stand how unfunny it got.) The only difference is that instead of wanting to replace The Simpsons with The Waltons, they want to replace it with, I dunno, that dumbfuck show where Aziz Ansari goes on dates in New York and looks at his feet.

It went from being a scourge, a sort of harbinger of the death of American culture, to a show that was almost universally recognized as one of the smartest on tv, in the span of a few years.

Now most folx know it sux.

Anyway, shitlibs today have the conservative impulse. Shut it down!!!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
America wrote:

Sounds like these people have the fortitude needed.

Why aren't you willing to commit?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:59 pm 

Tad Queasy wrote:
tommy wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
pittmike wrote:

These sorts of things do have an effect on people's lives when they start to inhibit artists -- painters, sculptors, writers, musicians, performers of any type -- for fear of being labeled as some sort of -ist or -ism by the internet/social media outrage machine. I think everyone is aware by now that many comedians will no longer play college campuses for this reason.

Not to mention students or anyone who wants to actually have a discussion about real issues.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
There was a line from the episode Itchy and Scratchy and Marge that applies to this situation: "I guess one person <can> make a difference, but most of the time, they probably shouldn't."

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:04 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
rogers park bryan wrote:
Coincidentally, I tweeted a shot at someone "saying comedy is funnier now when it's not at someone's expense". I said a mute Don Rickles is funnier than the "absurdist comedy meme" she posted.

And I thought my tweet would end this PC non sense but I guess not!

Oh, you saw the Cold Pockets post? What bullshit. IT'S NOT EVEN A GOOD PHOTOSHOP.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next