It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:26 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Today’s SJW lunacy
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
newper wrote:
Professor Frink. Bleeding Gums Murphy. Lionel Hutz. Otto Mann. It is like the whole show is based on stereotyping or something.

Comic Book Guy, Edna Krebapel, Cletus, Quimby, Fat Tony,

Uter Zorker is the one that always gets me

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:48 pm 

Or Mr. Bergstrom's "Semitic good looks"

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
The upsetting thing isn't that this asshole "comedian" made a film, but rather that Azaria and The Simpson writers (who are clearly fucking morons as the show hasn't been funny since 1998) are going to change the character because of it. That's what bothers me about this.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
The upsetting thing isn't that this asshole "comedian" made a film, but rather that Azaria and The Simpson writers (who are clearly fucking morons as the show hasn't been funny since 1998) are going to change the character because of it. That's what bothers me about this.

What they should do for an episode is have a nephew or something take over the store who has been raised in America and has none of the stereotypical aspects to the character, and then set the scene up for something where Apu would deliver the laughs and then just have this new guy kill the joke. Anti-comedy can be very funny in small doses.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:54 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
tommy wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
newper wrote:
Professor Frink. Bleeding Gums Murphy. Lionel Hutz. Otto Mann. It is like the whole show is based on stereotyping or something.

Comic Book Guy, Edna Krebapel, Cletus, Quimby, Fat Tony,

Uter Zorker is the one that always gets me

Oh, relax, kids. I've got a gut feeling Uter's around here somewhere. After all, isn't there a little Uter in all of us? In fact, you might even say we just ate Uter and he's in our stomachs right now! Wait. Scratch that one.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
newper wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

What they should do for an episode is have a nephew or something take over the store who has been raised in America and has none of the stereotypical aspects to the character, and then set the scene up for something where Apu would deliver the laughs and then just have this new guy kill the joke. Anti-comedy can be very funny in small doses.

They should have Apu win the lottery on a scratch off that he sold to himself and retire !!

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:58 pm 

They can do whatever they want, nothing after season 11 is canon.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:00 am 

newper wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

South Park did that with Kyle's cousin Kyle. :lol: Except the cousinw as the walking steotype

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:00 am 

Curious Hair wrote:

ehhh season 9 episode 2 is where it ceases to be canon. I think most know what I'm referring to

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:05 am 

The fake Seymour Skinner? I dunno, it sucked then, but the premise was reused for one of the greatest television dramas of all time, so it's easier to look past. I think season 11 had the Flowers for Algernon episode, Homer the food critic, Tomacco, Max Power, and I'm not not licking toads, so I gotta give them up to 2000 before it fell off. In fact, I think "Behind the Laughter" was the season finale that year, another good a place as any to draw the line.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:09 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
The fake Seymour Skinner? I dunno, it sucked then, but the premise was reused for one of the greatest television dramas of all time, so it's easier to look past. I think season 11 had the Flowers for Algernon episode, Homer the food critic, Tomacco, Max Power, and I'm not not licking toads, so I gotta give them up to 2000 before it fell off. In fact, I think "Behind the Laughter" was the season finale that year, another good a place as any to draw the line.

How dare you compare Seymour Skinner to Don Draper. Don Draper's story made sense as we are introduced to him in season 1 as being the imposter. It helps drive the narrative and provides motivation for the character. Skinner was a character for 8 years and got ruined for a lame joke which was never funny.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:09 am 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

ehhh season 9 episode 2 is where it ceases to be canon. I think most know what I'm referring to

This is Armin's apartment, Armin's liquor, Armin's copy of Swank... Armin's frozen peas.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:11 am 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Curious Hair wrote:
The fake Seymour Skinner?

Armin Tamzarian.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:44 am 

Curious Hair wrote:

"HOMR" was actually season 12. but season 11 has one of the first of awful episodes, "kill the aligator and run". it's the sole reason i don't own it, and stopped collecting the series after season 10. but there are some great episodes in that season, for sure.

ogie's citation is why i hate "simpsonphiles". get the fuck over it. it was never referenced again, and i think the writers learned their lesson after trying to fuck with the audience. it's better than "days of wine and d'oh'ses", which completely changed barney's character forever...and that was season 11 too.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:51 am 

W_Z wrote:
"HOMR" was actually season 12. but season 11 has one of the first of awful episodes, "kill the aligator and run". it's the sole reason i don't own it, and stopped collecting the series after season 10. but there are some great episodes in that season, for sure.

Oh, I kinda liked the alligator one. I think it had some good jokes in there, but I get where you're coming from with that being the descent into insufferable Miek Scully zaniness. I stopped buying the DVDs at 8, btw.

"Trilogy of Error" might be season 13 or even 14 but that was the last truly classic episode, I'm pretty sure. [EDIT: 12, okay, so that's where we draw the line. 1989-2001, good run.]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:54 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
W_Z wrote:

Oh, I kinda liked the alligator one. I think it had some good jokes in there, but I get where you're coming from with that being the descent into insufferable Miek Scully zaniness. I stopped buying the DVDs at 8, btw.

"Trilogy of Error" might be season 13 or even 14 but that was the last truly classic episode, I'm pretty sure. [EDIT: 12, okay, so that's where we draw the line. 1989-2001, good run.]

also season 12.

my last "really liked" episode was "the fat and the furriest" in season 15. i wanted a kitchen carnival.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:22 am 

I stopped laughing regularly in Season 9. By Season 10, it was pretty clear that something was amiss; I stopped watching in Season 11.

I hate the celebrity cameos--most are just that, worthless cameos, not even roles--but when they went from Johnny Cash to Joshua Jackson and that fat politically correct baseball know-it-all biologist fuckface Stephen Jay Gould, it was time to leave.

Exception: Stephen Hawking. That was a good Season 10 (?) episode.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:40 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
You Only Move Twice is my favorite obviously but Lisa the Vegetarian is right up there. Seasons 7 & 8 were as good as it got.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:52 am 

SpiralStairs wrote:
The Honeymooners.

When threatening to beat the shit out of your wife was considered comedy.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:04 am 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
You Only Move Twice is my favorite obviously but Lisa the Vegetarian is right up there. Seasons 7 & 8 were as good as it got.

uggghhh The Denver Broncos

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:34 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
Tomacco

Chief Wiggum: Go on, Ralph. The strange man is offering you a treat.
Ralph: (takes bite) Ewww. It tastes like grandma.
Chief Wiggum: (takes bite) It does taste like grandma.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:31 pm 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
Peoria Matt wrote:
hnd wrote:
i get what he's saying though. the slippery slope here is at some point, simpsons will be racist contraband that you will no longer be allowed to watch. It is prudent to fight back at some of this idiocy. allowing it to fall by the wayside as "who cares it doesn't affect me" only works until it does affect you and at that point its too late.

And what is "fighting back at the idiocy"?

Posting on a message board? Tweeting?

This isn't directed at you, just in general.

i think its a good question. I think the first step is just acknowledging that it exists and decrying it. because i think our "it doesn't affect me, do what makes you happy" lifestyle is going to be gradually taken away from us as our ignorance has allowed it to grow unabated. Remember we ignored the save the whales idiots. now its save the wales (welsh) from being sterotyped as jibberish speaking english neanderthals.

i also think parental involvement can be a good step. because i really feel like the reason we have this era of "SJW"ism is these kids are parent deprived nitwits who've made university professors their heros.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:32 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
hnd wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:
America wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Who is more snowflakey?

The documentary guy or those upset by him?

I feel like this will have 0 effect on my life.

Individually sure, but the cumulative effect of this and all the other SJW nonsense that enters the dialogue does undoubtedly have an effect on your life. In fact, part of the reason shit like is so dangerous is that an entire segment of the (mostly white) male population has been conditioned to feel exactly the way you do. "Well you see this movie isn't ringing my doorbell and punching me in my face directly so UH what the fuck am I supposed to care?"

Have a fucking spine and quit being a pussy. Start taking some pride in yourself and quit deferring like an idiot. PROUD WOMYN are never told that the shit they bitch about doesn't affect them so they shouldn't bitch about it. Nobody bothered to tell this snowflake to get the fuck over the fact he doesn't like a TV show character. But here you are doing just that.

A cuck. The modern American male. A emasculated bitch-boy who checks his privilege ON HIS OWN TERMS. That's you.

This will still have zero effect on my life. I will watch the Simpsons when I want and I won't watch this documentary. Problem solved.

i get what he's saying though. the slippery slope here is at some point, simpsons will be racist contraband that you will no longer be allowed to watch. It is prudent to fight back at some of this idiocy. allowing it to fall by the wayside as "who cares it doesn't affect me" only works until it does affect you and at that point its too late.

Pretty large leap from this documentary existing to "Simpsons racist and banned!*

Im always on the side of comedy has no limits. I guess I just always knew there were people on the other side. It's not shocking or upsetting.

This is 1 guy versus what eleventy trillion Simpson lovers?

We're fine. Stop worrying so much.

i acknowledged the slope. but it doesn't take long. many s-slopes arguments are credible.

someone mentioned blazing saddles. i think its reasonable to believe that this movie will not be aired on television for obvious reasons within the next 10 years.

Last edited by hnd on Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
you guys are still talking about YESTERDAY's SJW lunacy. What is today's SJW lunacy?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:34 pm 

hnd wrote:
i really feel like the reason we have this era of "SJW"ism is these kids are parent deprived nitwits who've made university professors their heros.

Exactly. That's why I give Jordan Peterson $20 a month!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:36 pm 

i enjoy jordan peterson on certain topics but the unfettered love he gets is as irritating.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:21 pm 

A guy I work with was telling me Pink is raising her kids gender neutral.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:28 pm 

i'm raising my kids sports team neutral. but it doesn't matter, as much as i try to make them interested they could care less because they are girls.

GASP

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:32 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
A guy I work with was telling me Pink is raising her kids gender neutral.

Like Mother like son/daughter.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Chus wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
The fake Seymour Skinner?

Armin Tamzarian.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next