It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:31 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Today’s SJW lunacy
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Regular Reader wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
I'd say middle class white males are the #1 target for caricature on that show. I mean, what else is Homer Simpson a representation of?

Granted the show flat out sucks now, but in the 90s it was satirical gold

It actually was pretty funny yesterday.

As is the outrage by some being bothered by a minority's offense over stereotypical jokes.

I don't care if someone is offended by a joke, but it is a problem when comedians like Azaria try to model their comedy around what might offend someone or not as in the end comedy itself becomes the real loser. Now imagine if Mel Brooks had to do "Blazing Saddles" while worrying if he would offend anyone or not. Ditto for Eddie Murphy and "Delirious" where he really rips on the gay community. Blazing Saddles literally goes after just about any group that has ever lived in America.

Comedy is meant to offend and when comedians start worrying about who will be offended, we all lose.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:12 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
This is why Trump won

Because in part minorities are tired of freely being made the butt of cheap jokes, yeah. And middle America sees this as a major affront to their feelings. Gotcha.

Keep in mind that my favorite character in tv history is Archie Bunker.

In comedy, I think every group needs to be able to be targeted for jokes. Look no further than any work of Mel Brooks.

I mean "The Producers" could never be made today (I think that would be even more controversial than Blazing Saddles).

As Mel Brooks himself put it once, you have a film about "2 Jews who figure out they can make more money with a flop than a hit so they produce a play about Adolf Hitler."

I agree, but they just have to meet the low bar of being funny. It's not THAT hard.

And to a certain extent MANY people just are too chicken shit to own it my book. It's like Eddie Murphy relayed from Richard Pryor over Bill Cosby's view of his comedy: "Tell him to have a Coke and a smile and kiss my ass!".

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
I just dont think these people can be brought back into normal society. Eventually you turn into such a burrito that I just dont think you can be redeemed. Either we build camps for them and solve the problem, or we send them to Canada/Sweden.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
America wrote:
I just dont think these people can be brought back into normal society. Eventually you turn into such a burrito that I just dont think you can be redeemed. Either we build camps for them and solve the problem, or we send them to Canada/Sweden.

I vote camps.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Regular Reader wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
This is why Trump won

Because in part minorities are tired of freely being made the butt of cheap jokes, yeah. And middle America sees this as a major affront to their feelings. Gotcha.

In comedy, I think every group needs to be able to be targeted for jokes. Look no further than any work of Mel Brooks.

I mean "The Producers" could never be made today (I think that would be even more controversial than Blazing Saddles).

As Mel Brooks himself put it once, you have a film about "2 Jews who figure out they can make more money with a flop than a hit so they produce a play about Adolf Hitler."

I agree, but they just have to meet the low bar of being funny. It's not THAT hard.

And to a certain extent MANY people just are too chicken shit to own it my book. It's like Eddie Murphy relayed from Richard Pryor over Bill Cosby's view of his comedy: "Tell him to have a Coke and a smile and kiss my ass!".
Actually it was “ Tell Bill to have a Coke and a smile and shut the fuck up”

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:16 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
This is why Trump won

Were you the kid in HS that told the teacher they forgot to assign homework for the weekend? You seem like that kid of douchebag.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:17 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
This is why Trump won

Even better, thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:18 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
This is why Trump won

Even better, thanks.

Just don't take the Coke back after Bill has had a drink.

see... that's a rape joke, according to the new breed of comedians, that's a no-no.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:21 pm 

Quote:

Nope according to these people it is only CIS HET white males that need to be shamed

This only add 150lbs and call her Julie.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:22 pm 

Juiced wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
This is why Trump won

Were you the kid in HS that told the teacher they forgot to assign homework for the weekend? You seem like that kid of douchebag.

Is it so difficult to accept that someone can empathize with a group's offense at jokes about them, while still finding them funny?

Like i said, you just have to own it. And not feel the need to lash out calling for mandatory camps for the "burritos".

But I don't follow the weekend homework piece, please explain.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
ToxicMasculinity wrote:
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
This is why Trump won

Everybody in the show is freely made to be the butt of cheap jokes, you loon.

Nope according to these people it is only CIS HET white males that need to be shamed

It seems that you make several posts like this daily.

Are trans-gendered people, and pronoun use really having this much effect on your life?

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:25 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Even better, thanks.

Just don't take the Coke back after Bill has had a drink.

see... that's a rape joke, according to the new breed of comedians, that's a no-no.

see... anytime you feel the need to make a joke, that's a no-no in their book as well. :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:27 pm 

Chus wrote:

Are trans-gendered people, and pronoun use really having this much effect on your life?

triggered as fuck. YOU STAY AWAY FROM MY XIR'S AND XE'S

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:28 pm 

America wrote:
Chus wrote:

triggered as fuck. YOU STAY AWAY FROM MY XIR'S AND XE'S

He does seem to be triggered. I'm trying to figure out why.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:30 pm 

because I was clearly quoting him right. you stupid, stupid burrito you.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:30 pm 

Let me expand upon this and let's look at the comedy genre in film today.

Have there been any "great" (and by great I mean films which will be looked upon decades from now as iconic) comedy films made in the last decade?

I really cannot think of any. They are all bland, generic, and quite honestly unfunny at this point.

In the 70s you had "Animal House" which paved the way for an 80s of "Caddyshack," "Ghostbusters," "Vacation," etc. Even the 90s still had "Dumb and Dumber," "There's Something About Mary," and "Office Space."

You had a few decent comedies in the mid 00s, but there really has been a noteworthy decline in comedy. I'd argue the fear of offending anyone has played a role in this.

The comedy genre in cinema is dead and until people learn to take a joke, I don't think it will return. The last comedy I truly enjoyed was "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" and that was what? 2008?

Last edited by Ogie Oglethorpe on Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:31 pm 

America wrote:

You moved to the land of sissies to squat with a "friend". Maybe you shouldn't call other people burritos.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:32 pm 

Chus wrote:
America wrote:

You moved to the land of sissies to squat with a "friend". Maybe you shouldn't call other people burritos.

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
ToxicMasculinity wrote:
America wrote:

I vote camps.

Hit him up on Twitter.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:37 pm 

Chus wrote:
ToxicMasculinity wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
This is why Trump won

These people are corroding higher ed, politics, and to a lesser degree our police/military/infrastructure

I use to think we could just ignore them but their shrill screams only get louder. I'm at the point where removing them from society seems to be the option.

Last edited by ToxicMasculinity on Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Terry's Peeps wrote:
ToxicMasculinity wrote:
America wrote:

I vote camps.

Hit him up on Twitter.

Twitter is a tool of the patriarchy. I use smoke signals.

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

Have there been any "great" (and by great I mean films which will be looked upon decades from now) comedy films made in the last decade?

I really cannot think of any. They are all bland, generic, and quite honestly unfunny at this point.

In the 70s you had "Animal House" which paved the way for an 80s of "Caddyshack," "Ghostbusters," "Vacation," etc. Even the 90s still had "Dumb and Dumber," "There's Something About Mary," and "Office Space."

You had a few decent comedies in the mid 00s, but there really has been a noteworthy decline in comedy. I'd argue the fear of offending anyone has played a role in this.

The comedy genre in cinema is dead and until people learn to take a joke, I don't think it will return. The last comedy I truly enjoyed was "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" and that was what? 2008?

You better look out. I've suggested a similar path for SNL, and I repeatedly am met by a chorus of old man cracks.

Honestly, I think the problem is that you don't have honest voices in (mainstream) comedy, and people are afraid of satire. And the idiots that don't understand satire, or are it's target, are remarkably easily offended. (see: America above)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:38 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Chus wrote:
America wrote:

:lol:

+ :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:39 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
mandatory camps for the "burritos".

Now this I can get behind.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Chus wrote:
ToxicMasculinity wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
This is why Trump won

He may be trying to avoid a Title IX violation.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:45 pm 

Chus wrote:
America wrote:

hm I dont recall seeing a French language version of a full length movie discussing how problematic Apu is. I will check though I fly back tomorrow.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Regular Reader wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

Have there been any "great" (and by great I mean films which will be looked upon decades from now) comedy films made in the last decade?

You better look out. I've suggested a similar path for SNL, and I repeatedly am met by a chorus of old man cracks.

Honestly, I think the problem is that you don't have honest voices in (mainstream) comedy, and people are afraid of satire. And the idiots that don't understand satire, or are it's target, are remarkably easily offended. (see: America above)
Isn’t this what the Simpsons are doing (or did ) though? Yet someone was offended by it enough to make a movie about it ?

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's
ToxicMasculinity wrote:
America wrote:

I vote camps.

That vote only counts for 3/5.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:15 pm 

Furious Styles wrote:
ToxicMasculinity wrote:
America wrote:

I vote camps.

That vote only counts for 3/5.

Fine. If only 3/5 of extreme left Twitter/Ville kids/media end up in camps its still an improvement.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:16 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
America is dead.
$5 admission to his funeral.

$10 will get you graveside admission to make sure

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next