It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:55 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 263 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:32 pm 

312player wrote:
North built this house in 00' ? Back then you could build that for 105$ a sqft.. Plus 200k for lot..he's got that paid off for a long time.. The guy has no kids and his old lady probably controls the books..he's probably made 4 million plus in the last 20 years.

I'd love to agree with you about his wife controlling the money and being secure, but iirc she got pretty big time in her mind and bought the Webio mirage seemingly as fully as he did.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
312player wrote:
North built this house in 00' ? Back then you could build that for 105$ a sqft.. Plus 200k for lot..he's got that paid off for a long time.. The guy has no kids and his old lady probably controls the books..he's probably made 4 million plus in the last 20 years.

He did better than that...his big contract was $7.5 mil over 5 years (though I think he had to pay his producers and staff out of that). How much of it he kept is another story.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:07 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
For the nosy MANY it is easy to look up the PIN and from there search public records at the cook county recorder of deeds website. Can't say I understand it all but there appears to be much activity.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:32 am 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
312player wrote:
Not my taste but it's someones.
Some people like tasting their man's asshole.

Doesn't make it right.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:03 am 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Heisenberg wrote:
Beardown wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
jimmypasta wrote:
HOLY SHIT,DID ANYONE ELSE NOTICE THIS?

North must have been swimming in red ink since 1994 or so.

Property Tax

Year Taxes Land Additions Total Assessment
2016 $14,159 $6,285 + $47,815 = $54,100
2015 $15,372 $5,499 + $46,965 = $52,464
2014 $15,086 $5,499 + $46,965 = $52,464

He should have gotten out of that house the second he lost the Score gig.

He should have never bought that house to begin with. It was just him and his wife and they were in there 40s when he bought it. Get a nice 300k condo. That's all they needed. But North thought he was gonna be making 1.5 million per year for 25 years.

But if he took his old financial guy, Dr. J, advice, he’s still fine. Seriously, assume he paid off this house years ago when he was earning. Then, he pays only taxes which are only $1200 per month. Cheaper than rent, no HOA dues, write off that $1200 off your taxes...pretty cheap way to live. If it goes up in value, great. If it drops a bit, not the end of the world. As he approaches being a senior citizen, taxes get frozen. This was not some horrible investment. It’s just very, very ugly and dated.
Do you seriously think he was financially responsible back in his hey day? You believe that he paid off his house? That's not really even a shot at North as I wouldn't have done any better if I thought the gravy train would continue...and why wouldn't he? I really doubt he saw this sudden downturn in his income coming.

Just look the property up on the Cook County record of deeds website and see if the bank released the mortgage. That's not weird or nothing.

Last edited by SpiralStairs on Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:04 am 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
a genius wrote:
For the nosy MANY it is easy to look up the PIN and from there search public records at the cook county recorder of deeds website. Can't say I understand it all but there appears to be much activity.

Fuck you.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:26 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
312player wrote:

I'd love to agree with you about his wife controlling the money and being secure, but iirc she got pretty big time in her mind and bought the Webio mirage seemingly as fully as he did.

You have to remember that as shitty as Webio was for most, BOTH Norths made money on that deal. I thought it was reported that North was writing some checks to people because it looked so bad that he got paid while far less wealthy people he recruited from stable jobs did not.

Also, Be Be was an executive at Webio and I thought it was reported she made at least a year's worth of good salary during the startup.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:33 pm 

Beardown wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
jimmypasta wrote:
HOLY SHIT,DID ANYONE ELSE NOTICE THIS?

North must have been swimming in red ink since 1994 or so.

Property Tax

Year Taxes Land Additions Total Assessment
2016 $14,159 $6,285 + $47,815 = $54,100
2015 $15,372 $5,499 + $46,965 = $52,464
2014 $15,086 $5,499 + $46,965 = $52,464

He should have gotten out of that house the second he lost the Score gig.

He should have never bought that house to begin with. It was just him and his wife and they were in there 40s when he bought it. Get a nice 300k condo. That's all they needed. But North thought he was gonna be making 1.5 million per year for 25 years.

I think the house was all part of another North scam as well. He had his office. There look like several rooms Be Be was claiming as a home office. Then he would host clients, Score guys and even listeners at the basement. I would bet he was claiming all sorts of deductions out of that place.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
good dolphin wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
312player wrote:

You have to remember that as shitty as Webio was for most, BOTH Norths made money on that deal. I thought it was reported that North was writing some checks to people because it looked so bad that he got paid while far less wealthy people he recruited from stable jobs did not.

Also, Be Be was an executive at Webio and I thought it was reported she made at least a year's worth of good salary during the startup.

They were pretty lucky to just walk away from that without any legal issues.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:16 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
$96000 price drop.

Might be enough to entice a gd or JORR.

I don't see Dr. Ken moving that far from the lakeshore.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
I think it would go between 600k - 700k. Maybe a little more if they take down the wallpaper and paint. Needs to be staged.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:33 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Spaulding wrote:
I think it would go between 600k - 700k. Maybe a little more if they take down the wallpaper and paint. Needs to be staged.

Not sure he will let it go for that price.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:40 pm 

Probably not. 750 would be about right. It's going to sit for a while if they leave it as is.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:42 pm 
1000 CLUB

Spaulding wrote:

Wallpaper and paint isn't that big of a deal. That doesn't move the price that much. The new owner could spend 1k if they hire somebody. Or do it themselves.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:44 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Beardown wrote:
Spaulding wrote:

Wallpaper and paint isn't that big of a deal. That doesn't move the price that much. The new owner could spend 1k if they hire somebody. Or do it themselves.

It's going to cost about $10k or more to paint that house and remove all of that wallpaper.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:17 pm 

They should paint, remove the carpet, and take out some stuff. There is a lot of things hanging from the ceiling. You can't do much about the green tile bathrooms but the other 2 would show better if all that was removed and painted. It's overwhelming how much has to be done. If you could get people to think this room is okay or we could hold off on fixing this room then the others that need work don't seem so bad.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:33 pm 
1000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
Beardown wrote:
Spaulding wrote:

It's going to cost about $10k or more to paint that house and remove all of that wallpaper.

10k? Is every room wallpapered? I helped paint 3 rooms at my Dad's house and it cost $400 or so for the paint and supplies. Granted, we didn't charge labor. But 10k seems high. Unless they have wallpaper in every room.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:35 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Nas is a big proponent of union labor.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:39 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Jaw Breaker wrote:
312player wrote:

He did better than that...his big contract was $7.5 mil over 5 years (though I think he had to pay his producers and staff out of that). How much of it he kept is another story.

I was thinkin 4 mill after taxes, you're right though.. Thats a nice deal..probably closer to 6 million take home since 2000. He doesn't drink, no kids..unless he's gambling alot away..he should be sitting pretty comfy.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
He was involved in some bad real estate deals no?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:42 pm 
1000 CLUB

I've never hired a painter. I do it myself and help my family with it. They help me. We knock out a room out in a day. Sometimes two rooms if we're not drinking too much.

I don't know the rates for pros as I've never looked into it.

So maybe I'm wrong.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:42 pm 

Hatchetman wrote:

I thought he bought lots in park ridge and walked away from them.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
It looks like a French whorehouse.

perhaps Lyons

I'm out.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:45 pm 
1000 CLUB

312player wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUF_fuXUkOs

"IT'S RIGHT BY DA AIRPORT. CAN'T BEAT IT"

Pappy is the only one that doesn't realize that's not a selling point.

Last edited by Beardown on Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:45 pm 

Beardown wrote:
I've never hired a painter. I do it myself and help my family with it. They help me. We knock out a room out in a day. Sometimes two rooms if we're not drinking too much.

So maybe I'm wrong.

Paint is expensive, North has high ceilings and big house.. I'd say if you got 5 bids to paint that house including basement.. They'd range from 8k on the low to 14k on the high.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:49 pm 
1000 CLUB

312player wrote:
Beardown wrote:

So maybe I'm wrong.

Paint is expensive, North has high ceilings and big house.. I'd say if you got 5 bids to paint that house including basement.. They'd range from 8k on the low to 14k on the high.

That's true. If you do the entire house, that's about right I would assume.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:06 pm 
He's also gonna have to realize that in the grand scheme of houses on that block that his isn't near the top of the list, and that was before I saw the pics of the inside. LOL

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Drag's
312player wrote:
Beardown wrote:

So maybe I'm wrong.

I gotta Polish guy who calls himself Jaro Painter who’d do the whole house in a day for $800. Doesn’t even take bathroom breaks.

"Smiles with Nostrils"

"...no Hmong, go find some blacks"

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:39 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
Beardown wrote:
312player wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUF_fuXUkOs

"IT'S RIGHT BY DA AIRPORT. CAN'T BEAT IT"

Pappy is the only one that doesn't realize that's not a selling point.

They missed a few for the Bloopers section.

"... the upper peninsula of Wisconsin..."
"...you forget you are in the hustle and bustle of Chicago..." Just as a plane on ORD final approach passes by.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:02 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Beardown wrote:
312player wrote:
Beardown wrote:

So maybe I'm wrong.

That's true. If you do the entire house, that's about right I would assume.

I just had two rooms and a hallway painted. $2200, lowest of the three bids we got.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 263 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next