It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 263 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:45 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
It is not nearly as bad as some people in this thread think, but on the flip side, "awesome" and "beautiful" are not accurate descriptions of the place.

The house is breathtaking.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:46 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Douchebag wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
It is not nearly as bad as some people in this thread think, but on the flip side, "awesome" and "beautiful" are not accurate descriptions of the place.

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:46 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

:lol:

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
It's worse than all 3 of these.

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandho ... 63#photo13
https://www.realtor.com/realestateandho ... 54#photo25
https://www.realtor.com/realestateandho ... 2204-85712

It needs about 175-200k worth of work and lacks a great room. The kitchen is probably about 13 x 17 but the space seems narrow. The breakfast nook makes it a little more odd and it is closed off from the family room. I can't tell where the offices are located in the floor plan. The price will have to drop considerably. It wouldn't be terrible but considering what else is out there it's not a good house.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:26 pm 
Site Admin

Spaulding wrote:

It needs about 175-200k worth of work and lacks a great room. The kitchen is probably about 13 x 17 but the space seems narrow. The breakfast nook makes it a little more odd and it is closed off from the family room. I can't tell where the offices are located in the floor plan. The price will have to drop considerably. It wouldn't be terrible but considering what else is out there it's not a good house.

It is worse than the first and last. It's not nearly as bad as the second one, which is frankly, fucking atrocious.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:34 pm 
1000 CLUB

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
You guys are insane. That looks like an awesome house needing only some cosmetic changes for personal taste...like every other house on the market. First thing everyone does upon buying is to install new carpeting and refinishing the floors. Then you end up living with your choices far beyond the date they become obsolete.

It's certainly not the worst McMansion I've ever seen, but it does have architectural oddities like mismatched windows, unrelated gables, and various materials on the facade. I wouldn't call it an atrocity on the level that qualifies it for McMansion Hell, but I'd rather live in a typical Chicago bungalow.

It's not a horrible house. But when the asking price is 1 million you can find better for that price. There was a house by me on the market for 3 years. Newly built. No one had ever lived in it. They were asking 900k. I looked it up and they settled for 700k a couple of months ago. I looked at the pictures on line. Much nicer then Pappyland.

If you're looking for a million dollar house, you're gonna want the ones that were built within the last few years. At least I would. Because everything is new and modern, obviously.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Park Ridge baby . It sells itself .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:21 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Spaulding wrote:

It is worse than the first and last. It's not nearly as bad as the second one, which is frankly, fucking atrocious.

So what's the deal with these homes? (1st and 2nd on Spaulding's list). I'm assuming there were older homes on the lots that were knocked down and rebuilt with these?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Drag's
It looks like it was thrown on the market pursuant to a financial emergency--they did nothing to prepare it for sale. It looks like it would smell weird.

"Smiles with Nostrils"

"...no Hmong, go find some blacks"

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:49 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Spaulding wrote:

I can't stand the third one, and both the subject and the first two are everywhere in the city and suburbs, and no worse than most of the poorly constructed crap put up over the last 35 years imo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:52 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Spaulding wrote:

Location is everything in real estate..i just looked at the pics of those 3 links ..i didnt go past pic 1..all had asphalt shingles..North has a cedar shake roof.. That big piece of shit frame house is nowhere near as nice as Norths. Atleast the first 2 were brick n stone

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:50 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

You don't like the home theater for exactly two people?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:23 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

You don't like the home theater for exactly two people?

It did have that boiler room employee feel to it

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:37 pm 

I didn't look at the locations but assume they are in the same neighborhood. If North has a good/better location that works in his favor. If I'm looking at houses and those 4 are on the list and locations are almost the same, North's gets crossed off quickly. The others have their issues as does North's. His lacks a great room and needs a lot of work. That will never be a 1.2M house IMO.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:41 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
I didn't look at the locations but assume they are in the same neighborhood. If North has a good/better location that works in his favor. If I'm looking at houses and those 4 are on the list and locations are almost the same, North's gets crossed off quickly. The others have their issues as does North's. His lacks a great room and needs a lot of work. That will never be a 1.2M house IMO.

ReMax Spaulding? If so, good for you?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Whoever did the wainscoting in the first house should be shot. Could they have drawn any more attention to the electrical outlets?

This thread cries out for a bigfan analysis.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Whoever did the wainscoting in the first house should be shot. Could they have drawn any more attention to the electrical outlets?

That is odd.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:03 pm 

Spaulding wrote:

You gotta have huge balls or don't want to move if you ask that much for a vinyl sided house.

I prefer brick n stone but if you are going siding atleast go smart siding or hardy board. This home is much newer and less expensive..it's also modern throughout..nice roof lines too.

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandho ... 02#photo27

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:07 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Go tankless.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:12 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Go tankless.

Cue Darko

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:43 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
Spaulding wrote:

ReMax Spaulding? If so, good for you?

No, I just like looking at houses. :lol: We had to do a ton of work on our first and second house so I've spent a lot of time on houzz and realtor web sites. If I see a house for sale I usually look and I like some of the HG shows. It interests me. I don't know much about park ridge. As most here on anything I'm no expert, I just have opinions.

That 1975 Touhy is kind of weird. Odd that they built a house with a heavy modern feel as it limits buyers. Touhy is pretty busy no? And I might have tried to steal a couple feet from the 17 X 10 room (or the master) and made a 14 X 11 room instead of 2 12 X 11s. The Kitchen is small and not attached to the family room and large living rooms are typically a waste of space. They've listed it before and already dropped the price at least 25K. I'd pass.

Roofs and siding and stuff like that are nice touches/bonuses but I don't think it's at the top of the list for most people.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:05 pm 

Spaulding got a lil Marie Schrader in her. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:26 pm 
Site Admin

312player wrote:
Spaulding wrote:

You gotta have huge balls or don't want to move if you ask that much for a vinyl sided house.

I prefer brick n stone but if you are going siding atleast go smart siding or hardy board. This home is much newer and less expensive..it's also modern throughout..nice roof lines too.

It looks like it was designed by a five year old playing with Legos. Plus it's on Touhy.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:30 pm 

Jaw Breaker wrote:

PAPPY, MY GUY, always said He would still be great on the Score WITH THE RIGHT PEOPLE...same goes for stageing houses for sale!! Cant do it all yourself...OR WITH ANNIE AND FRED, wonder if Hubes did the beddrom! ok, First Thing, masters bedroom, rip up the teal carpet, too 1993, wheres Kendall Gill (ILL INI GUY!) and the Hornets? Wallpapers gotta go, looks like an Italian Place in a Rosemont Strip Mall, cant keep it ahrd when Im worried about a guy who knows a guy! Okay! KITCHEN! DIASTER! Why is Fridge so far from STove??? Fake plants by the sink, not foolign anymone...Mike! Your sponge-painting the wlals away from maximum 90s here!! Leper carpet in the fronts, IT'S ALL A PROBLEM, like iping yiour feet on a New Jersey Whore. OFFICE -> take down Daily Herald backdrop, don't give away free advertising, plus gives away my idea for produce placement in real estate listenings. Bcak yard wireing, NOT GOOD, looks like JUAN did it. Overall, not bad, hope to see Pappy in VEGAS, possibly at a Sox game!!!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:35 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
312player wrote:
Spaulding wrote:

It looks like it was designed by a five year old playing with Legos. Plus it's on Touhy.

The inside is what north needs to copy..dark stain is in, white cabinets in..glass tile backsplash.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
312player wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
312player wrote:
Spaulding wrote:

The inside is what north needs to copy..dark stain is in, white cabinets in..glass tile backsplash.

Somebody watches a lot of HGTV. Are you also a fan of black stainless steel appliances?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:46 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
312player wrote:
Spaulding wrote:

You couldn't be more correct. The desperation to build everywhere in certain markets kills me

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:48 pm 

That looks like three houses poorly grafted together.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:49 pm 

So are we buying it as a board or not?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:49 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
312player wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
312player wrote:
Spaulding wrote:

Somebody watches a lot of HGTV. Are you also a fan of black stainless steel appliances?

I work in these houses daily, none are spec..i see what homeowners been picking out pretty steadily the last few years... Me personaly. It's a god damn shame to paint oak imo.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 263 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next