It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:31 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:06 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
We're going to have to deport you.

A U.S. Army veteran who served two tours in Afghanistan is in danger of being deported following a years-old drug conviction that sparked ICE's taking him into custody.

Miguel Perez Jr., a native of Mexico, came to the United States legally when he was 8 and grew up in Chicago as a legal permanent resident. He served two tours of duty in Afghanistan prior to being discharged from the Army in 2010 with a diagnosis of post-traumatic stress disorder, according to ABC station WLS-TV in Chicago.

That same year, after he was discharged from the Army, Perez was convicted on a felony drug charge, for which he served about seven years in prison. After he got out, ICE, the Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency took him into custody. An ICE spokesperson said Perez was targeted for removal after the conviction, WLS reported.

PHOTO: Miguel Perez Jr. is pictured in an undated mug shot. (Illinois Department of Corrections)

A judge ruled a year ago that Perez should be deported, WLS reported. Perez and his family appealed to Illinois Gov. Bruce Rauner for a pardon to wipe away the conviction that sparked the deportation proceedings.

Rauner in Feburary denied that request, and this month a judge refused Perez's request to overturn the deportation order.

"I went and talked to Miguel and gave him the bad news," the veteran's attorney, Chris Bergin, told WLS. "He was disappointed, obviously, but he said 'I'm not giving up, we're gonna keep fighting,' and I was glad to hear that because that's what I said too."

The attorney is appealing the court ruling, WLS reported. U.S. Sen. Tammy Duckworth, an Illinois Democrat, has written a letter on Perez's behalf, according to WLS.

Perez remains in ICE custody.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:14 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
#MAGA !

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Nas wrote:

A U.S. Army veteran who served two tours in Afghanistan is in danger of being deported following a years-old drug conviction that sparked ICE's taking him into custody.

Miguel Perez Jr., a native of Mexico, came to the United States legally when he was 8 and grew up in Chicago as a legal permanent resident. He served two tours of duty in Afghanistan prior to being discharged from the Army in 2010 with a diagnosis of post-traumatic stress disorder, according to ABC station WLS-TV in Chicago.

That same year, after he was discharged from the Army, Perez was convicted on a felony drug charge, for which he served about seven years in prison. After he got out, ICE, the Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency took him into custody. An ICE spokesperson said Perez was targeted for removal after the conviction, WLS reported.

PHOTO: Miguel Perez Jr. is pictured in an undated mug shot. (Illinois Department of Corrections)

A judge ruled a year ago that Perez should be deported, WLS reported. Perez and his family appealed to Illinois Gov. Bruce Rauner for a pardon to wipe away the conviction that sparked the deportation proceedings.

Rauner in Feburary denied that request, and this month a judge refused Perez's request to overturn the deportation order.

"I went and talked to Miguel and gave him the bad news," the veteran's attorney, Chris Bergin, told WLS. "He was disappointed, obviously, but he said 'I'm not giving up, we're gonna keep fighting,' and I was glad to hear that because that's what I said too."

The attorney is appealing the court ruling, WLS reported. U.S. Sen. Tammy Duckworth, an Illinois Democrat, has written a letter on Perez's behalf, according to WLS.

Anyone who served in the military should be immediately given citizenship. I disagree with deporting him.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Our immigration policy has been created by retards. What else is there to say?

Meanwhile most industries across the US are facing labor shortages because we can't find enough workers to fill the jobs (and you wonder why we need H1B)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:18 pm 
100000 CLUB

FrankDrebin wrote:
Nas wrote:

Miguel Perez Jr., a native of Mexico, came to the United States legally when he was 8 and grew up in Chicago as a legal permanent resident. He served two tours of duty in Afghanistan prior to being discharged from the Army in 2010 with a diagnosis of post-traumatic stress disorder, according to ABC station WLS-TV in Chicago.

That same year, after he was discharged from the Army, Perez was convicted on a felony drug charge, for which he served about seven years in prison. After he got out, ICE, the Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency took him into custody. An ICE spokesperson said Perez was targeted for removal after the conviction, WLS reported.

The attorney is appealing the court ruling, WLS reported. U.S. Sen. Tammy Duckworth, an Illinois Democrat, has written a letter on Perez's behalf, according to WLS.

Anyone who served in the military should be immediately given citizenship. I disagree with deporting him.

I COMPLETELY agree. Especially considering we may have messed him up.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:20 pm 

Nas wrote:
FrankDrebin wrote:
Nas wrote:

Miguel Perez Jr., a native of Mexico, came to the United States legally when he was 8 and grew up in Chicago as a legal permanent resident. He served two tours of duty in Afghanistan prior to being discharged from the Army in 2010 with a diagnosis of post-traumatic stress disorder, according to ABC station WLS-TV in Chicago.

That same year, after he was discharged from the Army, Perez was convicted on a felony drug charge, for which he served about seven years in prison. After he got out, ICE, the Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency took him into custody. An ICE spokesperson said Perez was targeted for removal after the conviction, WLS reported.

The attorney is appealing the court ruling, WLS reported. U.S. Sen. Tammy Duckworth, an Illinois Democrat, has written a letter on Perez's behalf, according to WLS.

I COMPLETELY agree. Especially considering we may have messed him up.

Once again the VA does it usual sterling job in assisting us veterans :evil:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
It's kind of funny how being deported is discussed as being worse than prison.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Why is it there are all these horrible stories about how we treat veterans, yet FF is still allowed to exist?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:26 pm 
100000 CLUB

Drake LaRrieta wrote:

If you've never been to a place or you're forced to leave behind family I imagine it could be tough.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:52 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Felony drug charges have consequences.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:53 pm 

pittmike wrote:

Ok he served prison time. He served our country and he deserved to have citizenship and not be subjected to deportation.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
leashyourkids wrote:
Why is it there are all these horrible stories about how we treat veterans, yet FF is still allowed to exist?

To be fair I’m doing my best to rectify that.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:33 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

To be fair I’m doing my best to rectify that.

Yeah, I thought about it a couple times too.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:25 am 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
pittmike wrote:

read up on the story. He was in the time period when his paperwork to become a citizen was being processed. so what did he do? He was dealing/transporting coke. He tried to say it was to help with his PTSD,you do not use coke for PTSD. and it was not a small amount. He was charged with trafficking.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:28 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Drake LaRrieta wrote:

Rikers Island
Stateville
San Quentin

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:33 am 
1000 CLUB

Should have done it in DuPage County. 20 kilos seized with no charges.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:51 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
pittmike wrote:

And he faced those consequences. And served his country for two tours after that.

This is just plain bad. As in really bad.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:52 am 

pittmike wrote:

How miserable of a person are you?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:10 am 

Seacrest wrote:
pittmike wrote:

And he faced those consequences. And served his country for two tours after that.

Wrong crest,
He served. Was given his green card and was waiting for his citizenship to be finalized. Got caught with enough powder cocaine to be charged with trafficking. hat is why they are revoking his green card and sending him to Mexico.Shitty but it is one of the caveats of holding a green card, you can't get caught doing a serious crime.
His story of doing it to help with his PTSD is bs,coke is not used to help/treat it.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:17 am 

That this remains an issue frankly amazes me.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:20 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
chaspoppcap wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
pittmike wrote:

Wrong crest,
He served. Was given his green card and was waiting for his citizenship to be finalized. Got caught with enough powder cocaine to be charged with trafficking. hat is why they are revoking his green card and sending him to Mexico.Shitty but it is one of the caveats of holding a green card, you can't get caught doing a serious crime.
His story of doing it to help with his PTSD is bs,coke is not used to help/treat it.

Thank you for the correction.

But his service should still mitigate his crimes.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
chaspoppcap wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
pittmike wrote:

Wrong crest,

I wonder what would've happened to him if he was caught soliciting a minor.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:59 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
chaspoppcap wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
pittmike wrote:

Wrong crest,

Serving in the military gives you a get out of jail free card?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:15 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
He served, he should be citizen for life.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:17 pm 
100000 CLUB

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
chaspoppcap wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
pittmike wrote:

Wrong crest,

Serving in the military gives you a get out of jail free card?

No one said that. He served his time. Because of his military service he shouldn't be deported. It's really that simple. If he was a regular Joe Illegal then I wouldn't have an issue with it. Fighting for America should instantly make you a citizen if you are honorably discharged.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:20 pm 

Yeah, I mean, if fighting in wars doesn't get you citizenship for life, I'm not sure what does.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:27 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
Yeah, I mean, if fighting in wars doesn't get you citizenship for life, I'm not sure what does.

I think it is wrong as well and Rauner or President Trump need to step in and fix it. His excuse is a total crock of shot to guys who really do suffer from PTSD and try to get help.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:45 am 

FrankDrebin wrote:

I generally agree with that. Although there are some spectacular shitheads that make it into the military. That's an issue of have so many recruiting offices that need to fill quotas.

Remove the deportation and he still broke the law. You have to try hard to become a felon and it wasn't a case of a dude getting busted with some weed. It was delivery of two pounds of cocaine with some connections to Mexican organized crime. YOu have to search out that last bit of context because the media isnt going to just do their jobs anymore when it might destory the narrative.

- Dan Bernstein, 2016