It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:59 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Voter Suppression...
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:51 pm 

So we are all in agreement that voter fraud is not really a big issue and this is purely just a strategic move so less people vote?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:53 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 6 characters
Regular Reader wrote:

It actually is a huge issue for people of color, especially in states like Wisconsin and Michigan implemented the CrossCheck program in the run up to last year's election where Trump won by a relative handful of votes.

Is this because they don't understand hockey?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:00 pm 

Ugueth Will Shiv You wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

It actually is a huge issue for people of color, especially in states like Wisconsin and Michigan implemented the CrossCheck program in the run up to last year's election where Trump won by a relative handful of votes.

Is this because they don't understand hockey?

I'm sure that they understand it at least enough to acknowledge it as the other winter sport. And when PK Subban gets profiled on ESPN.

:wink:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:04 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
So we are all in agreement that voter fraud is not really a big issue and this is purely just a strategic move so less people vote?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
W_Z wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
Juice is really taking a beating in this thread. It's been a tough week for him.

makes you wonder what this will do to the saturday shindig. i think wait times won't be a problem there.

Nah, no beating, and the shindig will go off without a hitch, and you all can confide in me how right I am and how poor of posters Nas and Reader are. I'll keep your secrets, unlike when you send Nas a PM.

Doesn’t shit talking Spanky usually supercede everything else at these events ?

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:
JLN will naturally say he's against voter suppression. Clearly all the data shows that for whatever reason the wait time is substantially greater in minority communities and we've heard Republican politicians state they've pushed measures to suppress the minority vote. That still won't stop JLN from harping on numbers that were used to describe the wait time for 10 pages. I've never met anyone who wasn't defending or positioning some point that would do this. Even when LTG LTG's he doesn't lie about the why.

I've clearly stated my intentions earlier in this thread. I have also clearly stated my opinion on voter suppression. Not once in this thread have I ventured anywhere near excusing voter suppression tactics, and you know it.

Your attempts notwithstanding, you know Reader has taken a beating in this thread, and you're trying to deflect to give him a breather. At least be honest about it.

If it's 10 hours or 3 hours why does the number matter? If you're truly against something why spend 8 hours debating something that doesn't mean much. Besides we aren't getting state specific data. The data posted doesn't say anything about the precincts that have had extremely long wait times in the last 20 years.

Just because I'm against something doesn't mean people should be able to say whatever they want about it with disregard for the truth without reprisal.

Makes a lot of sense. Especially since you can't prove the wait time in specific precincts or states has decreased.

I never set out to prove that the wait time has decreased. I only set out to prove that Reader's assertion was completely baseless, and I've done that repeatedly.

Remember, and this is the thing you and Reader had trouble with in the other thread, I wasn't the one who made the assertion that the incidence of multi-hour wait times to cast a ballot has increased, so it is not on me to prove the inverse (that the rate has decreased). Reader was asked for evidence, which he provided and was found severely wanting for, you know, actually backing up his claim. It was only later, after Reader launched into a series of personal attacks that were returned in kind, did someone else post a peer-reviewed study that actually seemed to discredit Reader's baseless assertion. Again, none of this places the onus on me to prove the inverse of Reader's baseless assertion.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:24 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
W_Z wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
Juice is really taking a beating in this thread. It's been a tough week for him.

makes you wonder what this will do to the saturday shindig. i think wait times won't be a problem there.

Nah, no beating, and the shindig will go off without a hitch, and you all can confide in me how right I am and how poor of posters Nas and Reader are. I'll keep your secrets, unlike when you send Nas a PM.

Dunno, never been to one.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
badrogue17 wrote:
W_Z wrote:
Douchebag wrote:

Speaking of shit talking .... you'd already know the answer to that if you ever appeared live and in person.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:
JLN will naturally say he's against voter suppression. Clearly all the data shows that for whatever reason the wait time is substantially greater in minority communities and we've heard Republican politicians state they've pushed measures to suppress the minority vote. That still won't stop JLN from harping on numbers that were used to describe the wait time for 10 pages. I've never met anyone who wasn't defending or positioning some point that would do this. Even when LTG LTG's he doesn't lie about the why.

I've clearly stated my intentions earlier in this thread. I have also clearly stated my opinion on voter suppression. Not once in this thread have I ventured anywhere near excusing voter suppression tactics, and you know it.

Your attempts notwithstanding, you know Reader has taken a beating in this thread, and you're trying to deflect to give him a breather. At least be honest about it.

If it's 10 hours or 3 hours why does the number matter? If you're truly against something why spend 8 hours debating something that doesn't mean much. Besides we aren't getting state specific data. The data posted doesn't say anything about the precincts that have had extremely long wait times in the last 20 years.

Just because I'm against something doesn't mean people should be able to say whatever they want about it with disregard for the truth without reprisal.

Makes a lot of sense. Especially since you can't prove the wait time in specific precincts or states has decreased.

I never set out to prove that the wait time has decreased. I only set out to prove that Reader's assertion was completely baseless, and I've done that repeatedly.

Remember, and this is the thing you and Reader had trouble with in the other thread, I wasn't the one who made the assertion that the incidence of multi-hour wait times to cast a ballot has increased, so it is not on me to prove the inverse (that the rate has decreased). Reader was asked for evidence, which he provided and was found severely wanting for, you know, actually backing up his claim. It was only later, after Reader launched into a series of personal attacks that were returned in kind, did someone else post a peer-reviewed study that actually seemed to discredit Reader's baseless assertion. Again, none of this places the onus on me to prove the inverse of Reader's baseless assertion.

Makes sense to me.

Good thread.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:31 pm 

Don Tiny wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
W_Z wrote:
Douchebag wrote:

Speaking of shit talking .... you'd already know the answer to that if you ever appeared live and in person.

McNuggets?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:31 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:

Yeah you just spent 8 hours mocking and trying to discredit someone even though you're against voter suppression tactics just like them. Definitely makes sense. I wonder if I can get into an 8 hour debate with Seacrest about the number of abortions given even though we're both against it.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:36 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
W_Z wrote:
Douchebag wrote:

McNuggets?

That never happened .... fake news.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:38 pm 

Nas wrote:

Yeah you just spent 8 hours mocking and trying to discredit someone even though you're against voter suppression tactics just like them. Definitely makes sense. I wonder if I can get into an 8 hour debate with Seacrest about the number of abortions given even though we're both against it.

Well, I'm not quite sure, but I think you made reference to it today in this thread, so I'll use it as an example: I'm against racism and I'm against murder, but I will still argue with you about whether the Charlottesville killing, especially in the immediate aftermath of it as was the case that day, was a hate crime, and need not abandon my disdain for racism and murder to think it wasn't. What you want to do, on the other hand, is allege the crime be of any sort you please, then claim anyone who questions you loves murder, or racism, or both, and I see that as entirely disingenuous and unreasonable.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:45 pm 
100000 CLUB

Nas wrote:

Well, I'm not quite sure, but I think you made reference to it today in this thread, so I'll use it as an example: I'm against racism and I'm against murder, but I will still argue with you about whether the Charlottesville killing, especially in the immediate aftermath of it as was the case that day, was a hate crime, and need not abandon my disdain for racism and murder to think it wasn't. What you want to do, on the other hand, is allege the crime be of any sort you please, then claim anyone who questions you loves murder, or racism, or both, and I see that is entirely disingenuous and unreasonable.

There you go lying again. I've called your inconsistent stances ignorant and intellectually dishonest. I've never once claimed publicly or privately that you were racist or love racism. It's really pathetic but not surprising that you would stoop to the level of posting something like that. Especially after...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:46 pm 

Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:

Well, I'm not quite sure, but I think you made reference to it today in this thread, so I'll use it as an example: I'm against racism and I'm against murder, but I will still argue with you about whether the Charlottesville killing, especially in the immediate aftermath of it as was the case that day, was a hate crime, and need not abandon my disdain for racism and murder to think it wasn't. What you want to do, on the other hand, is allege the crime be of any sort you please, then claim anyone who questions you loves murder, or racism, or both, and I see that is entirely disingenuous and unreasonable.

There you go lying again. I've called your inconsistent stances ignorant and intellectually dishonest. I've never once claimed publicly or privately that you were racist or love racism. It's really pathetic but not surprising that you would stoop to the level of posting something like that. Especially after...

Is my repeated use of "or" tripping you up? Because you pretty much said I love murder earlier in this thread, and routinely chime in with your "defend the indefensible" line, which can really only mean a few things, which I think you know.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:47 pm 
100000 CLUB

I see the new CFMB thing is claiming that I called you racist even though it's never happened. #Shameful

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:47 pm 

Nas wrote:
Especially after...

No, go ahead Nas, you've already done it once this week, why not again?

Here, I'll even help:

...I PM'd you...

Last edited by Juice's Lecture Notes on Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:48 pm 

Nas wrote:
I see the new CFMB thing is claiming that I called you racist even though it's never happened. #Shameful

"or"

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:52 pm 

This shit is getting more annoying than Revenge of Mao.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:00 pm 

Don Tiny wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:36 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:

:lol: :lol:
... one fo' each of yuh

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:29 pm 
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:

Yes

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:30 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:29 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:

Yep. But also, it looks like everyone should agree voter ID laws are fine and it's pretty much laziness that causes people not to acquire an ID.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
Has this been fleshed out by the Supreme Court? I don’t think you should have to “have all your papers in order” to be considered a citizen.

How about register with SS number and address? Gov could ascertain most fraud with that and if they can’t they are incompetent.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Nas wrote:

Well, I'm not quite sure, but I think you made reference to it today in this thread, so I'll use it as an example: I'm against racism and I'm against murder, but I will still argue with you about whether the Charlottesville killing, especially in the immediate aftermath of it as was the case that day, was a hate crime, and need not abandon my disdain for racism and murder to think it wasn't. What you want to do, on the other hand, is allege the crime be of any sort you please, then claim anyone who questions you loves murder, or racism, or both, and I see that as entirely disingenuous and unreasonable.

Too, many, commas.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
Hatchetman wrote:
Has this been fleshed out by the Supreme Court? I don’t think you should have to “have all your papers in order” to be considered a citizen.

How about register with SS number and address? Gov could ascertain most fraud with that and if they can’t they are incompetent.

I have a question. In the exact wording in the Constitution it states you have to be 18 years old. So why shouldn't you have to be able to prove your age when you vote?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:26 pm 

chaspoppcap wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

I have a question. In the exact wording in the Constitution it states you have to be 18 years old. So why shouldn't you have to be able to prove your age when you vote?

I have an answer, you have to effectively prove it when you register to vote.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaiser's - Kenosha
chaspoppcap wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

You also have to be 18 to do other things legally.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next