It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:02 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Voter Suppression...
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Nas wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
How about 2010 on this one you fraud.

You don't this in virtually every argument that you're in with me and LTG. Cherry pick, fudge the facts, lie and refuse to answer questions when you inevitably can't change the subject.

I have literally linked you the study, you can go see for yourself that I'm not cherry-picking or fudging anything.

http://www.stephenpettigrew.com/article ... 17-psq.pdf

Are you saying you have data on voter wait times for the 2010 election that negate the narrative here, or are you just looking to nix the whole thing because the available facts make you look stupid (again)?

I don't have the inclination or time to really read it now, just your own clumsily put together idiotic posts. I mean someone too stupid to argue about 2016 while posting simple charts that never touched on It is priceless in it's stupidity.

And then posted so joyously about it. Like a toddler so proud of going Number 2 in the big boy potty. Which really are what most of your posts are

:cry: :lol: :cry: :lol: :cry: :lol:

It's like Julie saying 2014 when it really was 2016.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:39 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

You don't this in virtually every argument that you're in with me and LTG. Cherry pick, fudge the facts, lie and refuse to answer questions when you inevitably can't change the subject.

I have literally linked you the study, you can go see for yourself that I'm not cherry-picking or fudging anything.

Are you saying you have data on voter wait times for the 2010 election that negate the narrative here, or are you just looking to nix the whole thing because the available facts make you look stupid (again)?

I don't have the inclination or time to really read it now, just your own clumsily put together idiotic posts. I mean someone too stupid to argue about 2016 while posting simple charts that never touched on It is priceless in it's stupidity.

And then posted so joyously about it. Like a toddler so proud of going Number 2 in the big boy potty. Which really are what most of your posts are

I'm confused...do you or do you not notice a downward trend in the mean wait time from 2008-2014, as well as across off-year elections, for voters overall, black voters overall, and the number of black voters reporting wait times of longer than an hour, based on the data I've posted?

It's OK to admit you were wrong, Reader, or at least that the available facts don't back up the assertion you made with zero facts. I'm sure you ran into this a lot practicing, at least when the ARDC came calling.

And you do realize the original point of this thread, at least until you inserted yourself into it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:41 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

I'm confused...do you or do you not notice a downward trend in the mean wait time from 2008-2014, as well as across off-year elections, for voters overall, black voters overall, and the number of black voters reporting wait times of longer than an hour, based on the data I've posted?

It's OK to admit you were wrong, Reader, or at least that the available facts don't back up the assertion you made with zero facts. I'm sure you ran into this a lot practicing, at least when the ARDC came calling.

And you do realize the original point of this thread, at least until you inserted yourself into it.

I'm responding to your factually incorrect assertion that the amount of extended wait times for voters, particularly black voters, is increasing. As I have shown here (and you have tried like hell to avoid admitting with some, I admit, slick burns), there isn't evidence supporting such a claim.

Don't try to now move the goalposts to talking about whether voter suppression exists. Of course it exists, and it is wrong.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:41 pm 

I mean really, Hatchet was making a simple remark about voter suppression not being a big deal as far as he was concerned.

Simple enough and honestly. Even interesting. Then.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:42 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
I mean really, Hatchet was making a simple remark about voter suppression not being a big deal as far as he was concerned.

And then you said this:

Quote:
Hence 6-8-10 hours voting lines are becoming increasingly more common.

and you were wrong. Ready to admit that now, big guy?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:45 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:

And then you said this:

Quote:

Did you bother to read the piece TM posted???

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:46 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Regular Reader wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

And then you said this:

Quote:

Closing 700 polling places will naturally reduce the wait time. #MAGA

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:48 pm 

Nas wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

And then you said this:

Quote:

It could, but so far it hasn't been demonstrated as having that effect. In fact, it actually might have in 2016, but we don't know, and yet the fact remains that Reader is not basing his assertion on known facts. The available facts make him wrong.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:49 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Nas wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

And then you said this:

Quote:

8-10 hours? Yes or no.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
I said I didn't think it was a HUGE deal. It is a medium-sized deal.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:56 pm 
100000 CLUB

JLN will naturally say he's against voter suppression. Clearly all the data shows that for whatever reason the wait time is substantially greater in minority communities and we've heard Republican politicians state they've pushed measures to suppress the minority vote. That still won't stop JLN from harping on numbers that were used to describe the wait time for 10 pages. I've never met anyone who wasn't defending or positioning some point that would do this. Even when LTG LTG's he doesn't lie about the why.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:57 pm 
100000 CLUB

pittmike wrote:
Nas wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

And then you said this:

Quote:

8-10 hours? Yes or no.

In places in Florida and maybe a couple more states? Yes. It's possible that the time in California and New York is dramatically decreasing but in certain other places it's increasing. We've all seen the reports of running out of ballots and not enough machines in the same fucking places the past 12 years or so.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:59 pm 
Chas will you get Juice a hooker to cheer him up? He's having a bad run here.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:04 pm 

Nas wrote:
JLN will naturally say he's against voter suppression. Clearly all the data shows that for whatever reason the wait time is substantially greater in minority communities and we've heard Republican politicians state they've pushed measures to suppress the minority vote. That still won't stop JLN from harping on numbers that were used to describe the wait time for 10 pages. I've never met anyone who wasn't defending or positioning some point that would do this. Even when LTG LTG's he doesn't lie about the why.

I've clearly stated my intentions earlier in this thread. I have also clearly stated my opinion on voter suppression. Not once in this thread have I ventured anywhere near excusing voter suppression tactics, and you know it.

Your attempts notwithstanding, you know Reader has taken a beating in this thread, and you're trying to deflect to give him a breather. At least be honest about it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:09 pm 

Juice is really taking a beating in this thread. It's been a tough week for him.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:09 pm 

Hatchetman wrote:
I said I didn't think it was a HUGE deal. It is a medium-sized deal.

Fair enough

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:11 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
Juice is really taking a beating in this thread. It's been a tough week for him.

makes you wonder what this will do to the saturday shindig. i think wait times won't be a problem there.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:13 pm 
100000 CLUB

Nas wrote:

I've clearly stated my intentions earlier in this thread. I have also clearly stated my opinion on voter suppression. Not once in this thread have I ventured anywhere near excusing voter suppression tactics, and you know it.

Your attempts notwithstanding, you know Reader has taken a beating in this thread, and you're trying to deflect to give him a breather. At least be honest about it.

If it's 10 hours or 3 hours why does the number matter? If you're truly against something why spend 8 hours debating something that doesn't mean much. Besides we aren't getting state specific data. The data posted doesn't say anything about the precincts that have had extremely long wait times in the last 20 years.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:17 pm 

Nas wrote:

Where did you clearly state your intentions in this thread?

The closest thing to that was some nonsequitor about police executed voter suppression that no one here referenced, except I believe you.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:19 pm 

Nas wrote:

I was wondering when he'd make his patented declaration of victory statement. Guess we've now arrived at it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:21 pm 

Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:

If it's 10 hours or 3 hours why does the number matter? If you're truly against something why spend 8 hours debating something that doesn't mean much. Besides we aren't getting state specific data. The data posted doesn't say anything about the precincts that have had extremely long wait times in the last 20 years.

Just because I'm against something doesn't mean people should be able to say whatever they want about it with disregard for the truth without reprisal.

Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:

Just because I'm against something doesn't mean people should be able to say whatever they want about it with disregard for the truth without reprisal.

Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Investigating
Honestly, that author's NHL thoughts are more effective fodder for this board than IF THE DATA can answer the possibility of someone waiting 8 - 10 hours at a polling station. The data used was based on 41 counties in Florida, Maryland, and South Carolina and then applied to individuals who chose to fill out a 4 Cooperative Congressional Election Study card and return it. QUESTION: Are the folks most abused by waiting in line going to spend more time filling out a CCES card and mailing it in? The study itself is pretty damning, but has no way of giving the stupid piece of evidence that is being asked. Additionally, dependent upon how large the sample size, the outliers (individuals who did experience significant wait times greater than one hour) would not be accounted for IF a much more significant number of CCES folks experienced little or no wait time. The numbers would be skewed and we would not be able to see it.

The 8 - 10 hour wait is a dumb argument to try and solve with Pettigrew's paper. The paper itself is interesting, but cannot answer the question JLN is now asking. Tall Midget's piece is more appropriate, and does provide first hand information that show closing the number of polling places will significantly lengthen time to vote.

I fail to see the importance of hitting a magic number of 8 - 10 hours other than to be petty about a specific poster's post.

A more important topic from Pettigrew's blog spot (and thank you RPB) is "How To Tell If A March Madness Underdog Is Going To Win".

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:23 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
Nas wrote:

The closest thing to that was some nonsequitor about police executed voter suppression that no one here referenced, except I believe you.

Was it in this thread where I said I love deflating your ego because you clearly hate being challenged on anything?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:24 pm 

W_Z wrote:
Douchebag wrote:

makes you wonder what this will do to the saturday shindig. i think wait times won't be a problem there.

Nah, no beating, and the shindig will go off without a hitch, and you all can confide in me how right I am and how poor of posters Nas and Reader are. I'll keep your secrets, unlike when you send Nas a PM.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:28 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
Nas wrote:

Was it in this thread where I said I love deflating your ego because you clearly hate being challenged on anything?

Right. Your jollies

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:29 pm 
100000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:

Makes a lot of sense. Especially since you can't prove the wait time in specific precincts or states has decreased. Carry on though and whenever you get finished can you work on that list for me?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:29 pm 

W_Z wrote:
Douchebag wrote:

Nah, no beating, and the shindig will go off without a hitch, and you all can confide in me how right I am and how poor of posters Nas and Reader are. I'll keep your secrets, unlike when you send Nas a PM.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next