It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 11:00 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ignoring the Oscar's.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:29 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Fucking liberal,metooing,conservative hating,plastic surgery having,elitist,fake caring cancers of humanity.

I spent the evening renting Daddy's Home 2 with Mark Wahlberg and Will Ferrell.

For the first time in quite awhile,I chose not to watch those smug,liberal,documented cocksuckers hand each other awards.

Also,that Frances Mcdermott has a face that could stop a sundial.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:33 am 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
Did anybody actually watch it?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:33 am 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
but she's so quirky

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:36 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
jimmypasta wrote:
Fucking liberal,metooing,conservative hating,plastic surgery having,elitist,fake caring cancers of humanity.

"I hate the entertainment industry, so I watched a movie."

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:40 am 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
I'm all about hating conservatives and being pro-liberal. Regardless, I don't watch movies so I didn't watch the Oscars.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:40 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Wait a minute, jimmy. First you blast Hollywood stars for plastic surgery then you blast McDormand for growing old like a normal person? Who are you crappin'?

But to your main point, true, it is laughable to hear Ashley Judd talking about her "lack of power" as a woman while she is wearing a $20,000 dress, $5,000 shoes and a half million dollar diamond necklace as she gets ready to check her $100,000 swag bag. She is the one percent of the one percent but she still wants to be a victim.

As for Frances McDormand, she's a nice looking woman, just not in a conventional movie star way. Maybe you've forgotten what she looked like when she helped bring down the Klan in Mississippi Burning. She's 60-something years old now, for God's sake. To me she looks better than Nicole Kidman who is obviously headed to this:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:42 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Curious Hair wrote:
jimmypasta wrote:

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:46 am 

T-Bone wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
jimmypasta wrote:

:lol:

I hate the people working in the industry but still enjoy a good movie. What pisses me off is how money making pics that keep the industry strong are totally ignored every year. Just ask Robert Downey who kind of said that himself a few Oscars ago while presenting.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:48 am 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
I watched something McDormand was in a few years back and remembering thinking a similar thought JORR. I was surprised. Yeah, not a starlet but probably has aged better than most of them.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:49 am 

pizza_Place: John's
I like McDormand. This thread sucks.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:57 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
There was an article in the WSJ today that discussed how the Oscar-nominated movies have essentially become the movies that no one wants to see. Only Dunkirk was in the top 15 top-grossing movies this year. It didn't use to be that way...until around 15 years ago, most Best Picture nominees were among the top grossing films. The rise of the superhero movie has had a hand in that, but for the most part, nominated movies are now pretty much ignored by the movie-going public.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:03 am 

Caller Bob wrote:

no surprise. That bee-ach hasn't cracked a smile since she looked in a mirror.

Next to the word Dour is a pic of her face.

Last edited by jimmypasta on Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:05 am 

jimmypasta wrote:
I hate the people working in the industry but still enjoy a good movie. What pisses me off is how money making pics that keep the industry strong are totally ignored every year. Just ask Robert Downey who kind of said that himself a few Oscars ago while presenting.

Our culture celebrates commerce over art on a daily basis; rest assured that ticket receipts for big dumb loud movies about superheroes and star-studded CGI movies called, I dunno, The Anthropomorphic Train That Farts aren't going unappreciated. Of course Oscars night (a/k/a the Gay Super Bowl) is silly and excessive and kind of annoying, but at least it's sort of an attempt to reward serious filmmaking.

And bite your tongue, Frances McDormand is awesome. If Olive Kitteridge (a/k/a Everyone Has Depression And Dies) had been a movie instead of a miniseries, that would have been right in the conversation for Best Picture with whatever else came out that year (FAKE EDIT: Birdman and American Sniper? Yeesh, could have won the damn thing). And who doesn't love Fargo? Seriously. I need to know who here doesn't love Fargo so we can ostracize them.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:05 am 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
Studios have gone from making a good amount of money on many releases to making a SHITLOAD of money on only a handful. They anticipated Americans going to the movies less and switched models about 10 years ago, the capegarbage being the primary beneficiary of this.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:08 am 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
Jaw Breaker wrote:
There was an article in the WSJ today that discussed how the Oscar-nominated movies have essentially become the movies that no one wants to see. Only Dunkirk was in the top 15 top-grossing movies this year. It didn't use to be that way...until around 15 years ago, most Best Picture nominees were among the top grossing films. The rise of the superhero movie has had a hand in that, but for the most part, nominated movies are now pretty much ignored by the movie-going public.

Black Panther will win next year, so there is that.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:09 am 

jimmypasta wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Imo, you should be the last person in the world to criticize someone else's appearance.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:10 am 

Hollywood blows. McDormand sucks. She's just the one actress over 40 you actually get to see.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:12 am 

Big Chicagoan wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

Black Panther will win next year, so there is that.

I haven't seen it yet but I also missed Thor and JLA,too. All this talk of Black pride and what the movie does for powerful women is great. I loved the Black Panther growing up and being a Marvel fan. I had the FF issue where he first appeared. Jack Kirby and Stan Lee were putting out one great hero after another back in the '60's.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:13 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
jimmypasta wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Imo, you should be the last person in the world to criticize someone else's appearance.

Have we met? I'm not in the "biz".

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:15 am 

jimmypasta wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
jimmypasta wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

You admitted to not coming to a board meet up because you are grotesghly obese.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:15 am 

Jaw Breaker wrote:

That's an interesting point and sounds about right: 15 years ago would just about coincide with the downturn of film and the rise of prestige television, when people were correctly arguing that The Sopranos was better than anything in theaters. Whichever LOTR won Best Picture feels like a turning point.

But the ubiquity of superhero movies is huge, too. Apparently those are the only movies people go to now because mainstream "nerd" culture (and I hesitate to even call it that with scare quotes) is all about public consumption, and what consumption is more public than dressing up and standing in line for a movie? And you can't give the same award that went to Casablanca, The Godfather, and Schindler's List to a motherfucking BATMAN MOVIE, COME ON.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:16 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Also, Jimmy Kimmel is a fuckin' tool. He likes to pretend "The Juggies" and him wearing blackface never happened. What a phony.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:18 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
jimmypasta wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
jimmypasta wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

You admitted to not coming to a board meet up because you are grotesghly obese.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:20 am 

America wrote:
Studios have gone from making a good amount of money on many releases to making a SHITLOAD of money on only a handful. They anticipated Americans going to the movies less and switched models about 10 years ago, the capegarbage being the primary beneficiary of this.

There's an article we should dig up on what the author called, like, the fall of the mid-budget movie. Everything is either built to be a blockbuster or an indie shoestring project with little in between. Here it is: http://flavorwire.com/492985/how-the-de ... makers-mia

The other part is not just Americans going to movies less but The Goddamn Chinese going to movies much much more, and those drone bees will eat up anything where robots are blowin' shit up amidst Chinese product placement. Which one is it where they have to have a Chinese guy announce that Hong Kong is their property and they must protect it? X-Men? Transformers? I dunno.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:23 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Also, Jimmy Kimmel is a fuckin' tool. He likes to pretend "The Juggies" and him wearing blackface never happened. What a phony.

HE EVOLVED! Now he gets to do the Oscars while Fratboy Paul Lynde is doing a podcast.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:38 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Curious Hair wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

HE EVOLVED! Now he gets to do the Oscars while Fratboy Paul Lynde is doing a podcast.

Carolla was brought on as a writer for last night. Don't know if that was Kimmel doing his friend a solid or more of "we need your wit, but we just can't be seen needing your wit". I'll bet dollars to doughnuts that the "If you think we're just a bunch of out-of-touch Hollywood elites, I'll have you know these millions of Swarovski crystals represent harmony" joke was Adam.

Also, it's going to be interesting to see whether women in Hollywood begin demanding an "inclusion rider" in their deals, then continue to wonder why they're not being booked or paid even less.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:41 am 

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Also, it's going to be interesting to see whether women in Hollywood begin demanding an "inclusion rider" in their deals, then continue to wonder why they're not being booked or paid even less.

Now the only movies will be Judd Apatow filming his friends fucking around for three and a half interminable hours.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:43 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:

Now the only movies will be Judd Apatow filming his friends fucking around for three and a half interminable hours.

The first one and a half were funny...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:44 am 

I like Frances Mc Dormand. She was always so nice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:49 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
jimmypasta wrote:

Thread demolished.