It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:01 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Darkside wrote:
hnd wrote:
in the QCA we have a few places that do italian beefs and its just ok. they are the places where they have all the chicago food supply signs in everywhere and they make a decent gyro but their beefs are just ok. when we got our portillos, it became where i go get beefs. and i've always said its a good representation.

Have you had a portillos beef lately? Its... not great anymore.

The last few times I've gone to Portillo's, it's either for a double hamburger or two jumbo hot dogs.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Quonset
I love that Wendy's has Diet Dr Pepper

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:44 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
GoldenJet wrote:
I love that Wendy's has Diet Dr Pepper

Ever tried Diet Dr. Pepper with Kraken rum?
It's like... amazing dude.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Quonset
I'll try it when I'm back off the wagon...in the summer sometime.

I'm not really a spiced rum drinker though.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Ron Wolfley wrote:
Darkside wrote:
hnd wrote:
in the QCA we have a few places that do italian beefs and its just ok. they are the places where they have all the chicago food supply signs in everywhere and they make a decent gyro but their beefs are just ok. when we got our portillos, it became where i go get beefs. and i've always said its a good representation.

Have you had a portillos beef lately? Its... not great anymore.

The last few times I've gone to Portillo's, it's either for a double hamburger or two jumbo hot dogs.

The location down the street from my dad has always had bad quality control on the beef, going back to before the sale. So my order there is usually jumbo dog and a polish, no fries.

I had a $25 Uber Eats credit to use this month, so I sent my dad a double cheeseburger, a large fry, and a slice of cake. With the massive Uber Eats upcharge on the menu items, it came out to $22.50 before tip. Who the fuck pays $11.25 for a double cheeseburger? Even at the store it's only something like $8.99 which is high but for 2/3 of a pound it's not outrageous.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:21 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
Tried some Burger King jalapeno cheese balls.

Somewhat disappointing. The batch I got was very dry and not much cheese. Faint hint of jalepeno taste too. Maybe I got a bad batch.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:53 pm 

I've had occasion to have the Italian Sausage at the Patio a couple of times this month. There's a little too much bread, but it's a good sandwich. I'm not a fan of their baked ribs, however.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:58 pm 

Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
I've had occasion to have the Italian Sausage at the Patio a couple of times this month. There's a little too much bread, but it's a good sandwich. I'm not a fan of their baked ribs, however.

There is little more disappointing if not disgusting than baked ribs. Such a letdown.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:08 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:

There is little more disappointing if not disgusting than baked ribs. Such a letdown.

My dad used to sell them through the late 1980s when his diner was still open late at night and he'd get the post-movie crowd. But he insisted on labeling them truthfully as BBQ-Style Baked Ribs.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:11 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Regular Reader wrote:

For the Daytona 500, I did a batch of ribs in the oven and a batch in the crock pot. Crock pot was far, far, far superior to the oven.

With the warm temps this week, I may have to do a proper batch on the smoker this weekend to redeem myself.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
The location down the street from my dad has always had bad quality control on the beef, going back to before the sale. So my order there is usually jumbo dog and a polish, no fries.

I had a $25 Uber Eats credit to use this month, so I sent my dad a double cheeseburger, a large fry, and a slice of cake. With the massive Uber Eats upcharge on the menu items, it came out to $22.50 before tip. Who the fuck pays $11.25 for a double cheeseburger? Even at the store it's only something like $8.99 which is high but for 2/3 of a pound it's not outrageous.

Uber and similar services take about 33%.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:32 pm 

BigW72 wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

For the Daytona 500, I did a batch of ribs in the oven and a batch in the crock pot. Crock pot was far, far, far superior to the oven.

With the warm temps this week, I may have to do a proper batch on the smoker this weekend to redeem myself.

I guess that it comes down to the fact that every neighborhood had at least one or two BBQ spots when I was a kid. Between the smoke and texture, I never have gotten used to ribs not out of the smoker.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:42 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
BigW72 wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

I guess that it comes down to the fact that every neighborhood had at least one or two BBQ spots when I was a kid. Between the smoke and texture, I never have gotten used to ribs not out of the smoker.

Over the summer my wife was trying to talk me into buying a smaller pellet smoker. I just can't do it. I love my Weber Smokey Mountain. Right now the water pan is still pretty frozen from the last batch, but I should be able to empty it this week and my smoker will be back in action.

I don't blame you. No substitute for the smoker. None.
The crock pot ribs were ok, but not nearly as good. The oven ribs needed more time to cook....we got hungry :lol:

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:45 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Used to like Jimmy Johns when they were regional, lost quite a bit when they went national, really despise the new national ad campaign.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:57 am 

Clawmaster wrote:
Used to like Jimmy Johns when they were regional, lost quite a bit when they went national, really despise the new national ad campaign.

#15 Club Tuna with their cherry peppers/jimmy peppers slaps

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2022 1:07 pm 

Ron Wolfley wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

They had one in Macomb way back in the day, we would stop there at closing time and they would sell the leftover bread for 25 cents a loaf.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:49 pm 

Fast Food subs.....Jersey Mike's gets #1 for the cherry pepper relish alone. Pot Belly #2. Jimmy Johns is OK for a distant #3. I won't even eat at Subway...fuck that place.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:51 pm 

jersey mike's has a pretty respectable cheesesteak

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2022 10:29 am 

BigW72 wrote:
Fast Food subs.....Jersey Mike's gets #1 for the cherry pepper relish alone. Pot Belly #2. Jimmy Johns is OK for a distant #3. I won't even eat at Subway...fuck that place.

Agree totally, subway started out ok, but has devolved to the point that it sucks, seems common for the nationally franchises sub concept, starts out ok, then they start cutting quality/amount of meat to the point you basically just taste bread and mayo.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:38 pm 

Jersey Mikes cheesesteak is pretty good but all depends on who is making it. The one near my son's if i went to lunch, the guy making it did a great job. If it was during dinner hours, forget it. The guy on the night shift made it like crap.

I do like their regular Club Sub sandwich. I like extra oil and vinegar to make it extra wet.

I tried Subway a month ago when they had some new type of subs. But they're nothing too special. I do like they make fresh cookies daily....or they're supposed to. Sometimes I can tell if a batch of cookies is a day old vs ones that were made that day.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2022 2:27 pm 

Taco bell is the only fast food that doesnt wreck my stomach. Probably close to eating cardboard, nutrition wise, but still

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2022 4:25 pm 

Clawmaster wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

They had one in Macomb way back in the day, we would stop there at closing time and they would sell the leftover bread for 25 cents a loaf.

I’ll go in once every so often to do that. Pretty good deal :lol: Gotta switch things up from the regular whole grain I have at home.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2022 12:49 am 

IkeSouth wrote:
Taco bell is the only fast food that doesnt wreck my stomach. Probably close to eating cardboard, nutrition wise, but still

funny you mention taco bell. i had not had it in months and we were by one so I said fuck it. service is always terrible but this time the guy put extra tomato's and cheese on my taco supreme. it hit the spot! it was so bad it was good, you know what i mean.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2022 2:09 am 

pizza_Place: Passero's
shouldnt this be in the fuckin Food board?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:37 am 

Observer wrote:
Jersey Mikes cheesesteak is pretty good but all depends on who is making it. The one near my son's if i went to lunch, the guy making it did a great job. If it was during dinner hours, forget it. The guy on the night shift made it like crap.

I do like their regular Club Sub sandwich. I like extra oil and vinegar to make it extra wet.

I tried Subway a month ago when they had some new type of subs. But they're nothing too special. I do like they make fresh cookies daily....or they're supposed to. Sometimes I can tell if a batch of cookies is a day old vs ones that were made that day.

Remember getting what they called grinders on the East Coast back in the day while visiting family, had these little mom and pop type places that made grinders and coated the bread with an olive oil mixture which made the bread softer and made the subs taste better.

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 1:20 pm 

Well they closed the fucking subway down the street here and now I'm fucked for lunch.

This subway was great - super friendly staff - they were run by a filipino family who were super friendly and always added extra when asked.

I got addicted to that Club Supreme sandwich they offered during those Tom Brady commercials. The sweet onion spread and the honey musturd was perfect.

God damn not sure where to eat now. Nothing of value out there. I'm not going to McD or BK.

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 5:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
HawaiiYou wrote:
Well they closed the fucking subway down the street here and now I'm fucked for lunch.

This subway was great - super friendly staff - they were run by a filipino family who were super friendly and always added extra when asked.

I got addicted to that Club Supreme sandwich they offered during those Tom Brady commercials. The sweet onion spread and the honey musturd was perfect.

God damn not sure where to eat now. Nothing of value out there. I'm not going to McD or BK.

Go on a hunger strike

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 5:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Fast food: one of the greatest scientific achievements in recent memory.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 6:04 pm 

HawaiiYou wrote:

HawaiiYou wrote:

Go back to Jersey Mikes or Taco Bell, you stupid mult. And get your story straight for once.

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 6:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
veganfan21 wrote:
Fast food: one of the greatest scientific achievements in recent memory.

Not fast food
Good food, fast

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next