It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2023 6:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Roseangela's
Dear Posters,

Them Christmas shows are already heating up!

You got yourselves a Western-themed Christmas on Saturday on METV. Sunday they have other old shows, including the Petticoat Junction ones, which are actually pretty good. Never miss 'em.

Dec. 13th: The Twilight Zone episode with Art Carney as Santa. Some of the drunkenness is a little too realistic, but it's a great one.

Dec. 17th: One of the All in the Family ones I like about the draft dodger.

The Missus won't let me watch Christmas in the Smokies anymore, but I don't even see it in the listings anyway. Totally G-rated, but (apparently) I kept saying, "Damn, girl" while watching.

Radio play performance of It's a Wonderful Life at the Athenaeum Theatre coming up, too. Everyone in my house (besides ol' Tommy) is too hip or cynical to see it.

Best,

XXXX

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2023 8:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
I don't Know if it was a Christmas episode or not but the absolute funniest episode of anything Christmas kind related was the episode of WKRP IN CINCINATTI when they had the "BIG GUY" and crew dropping live turkey's in a parking lot. With Les Nessen their farm reporter doing the play by play of the turkey drop like the guy describing the WRECK OF THE HINDENBERG as the turkeys crashed into cars and people on the ground.

Then the next scene was the Big Guy covered in feathers walking into the studio and says "AS GOD IS MY WITNESS, I HONESTLY THOUGHT THAT TURKEYS COULD FLY"!!! :drunken: :drunken:

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2023 8:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
The Hawk wrote:
I don't Know if it was a Christmas episode or not but the absolute funniest episode of anything Christmas kind related was the episode of WKRP IN CINCINATTI when they had the "BIG GUY" and crew dropping live turkey's in a parking lot. With Les Nessen their farm reporter doing the play by play of the turkey drop like the guy describing the WRECK OF THE HINDENBERG as the turkeys crashed into cars and people on the ground.

Then the next scene was the Big Guy covered in feathers walking into the studio and says "AS GOD IS MY WITNESS, I HONESTLY THOUGHT THAT TURKEYS COULD FLY"!!! :drunken: :drunken:

You don’t know if it was a Christmas episode or not? You have to be a mult, right??

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2023 10:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
The Hawk wrote:

You don’t know if it was a Christmas episode or not? You have to be a mult, right??

It could have been a Thanksgiving show, Ronnie/ :drunken: :drunken:

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:05 am 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
Thomas-Sox-WorldSeries wrote:
Dear Posters,

You got yourselves a Western-themed Christmas on Saturday on METV. Sunday they have other old shows, including the Petticoat Junction ones, which are actually pretty good. Never miss 'em.

Dec. 13th: The Twilight Zone episode with Art Carney as Santa. Some of the drunkenness is a little too realistic, but it's a great one.

The Missus won't let me watch Christmas in the Smokies anymore, but I don't even see it in the listings anyway. Totally G-rated, but (apparently) I kept saying, "Damn, girl" while watching.

Radio play performance of It's a Wonderful Life at the Athenaeum Theatre coming up, too. Everyone in my house (besides ol' Tommy) is too hip or cynical to see it.

Best,

XXXX

My wife stumbled across Christmas in the Smokies the other day. Barry Corbin is slowly morphing into Wilfred Brimley. Was waiting for him to say Diabetes during one of his conversations. Actually, the wife and daughter seem to be on a Christmas in... kick right now. Hallmark movies might be bad but they are better in the insp networks stuff.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:06 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Thomas-Sox-WorldSeries wrote:
Dear Posters,

Best,

XXXX

Spoken like a man from a large, Irish family.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:52 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
I bet visiting Tommy's house is quite a trip. I imagine his family room is walled with wood paneling, his couch is carefully fitted with clear plastic covering, and his family gathers to watch their favorite Christmas entertainment on a 13" black-and-white Zenith TV. Somewhere in the room there's undoubtedly also a glass dish filled with Brach's caramels and butterscotch candy. He's probably got a pinup of Raquel Welch stashed under the sofa, too.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Roseangela's
Seacrest wrote:
Spoken like a man from a large, Irish family.

True. (Takes one to know one, as they say.) Well, I am 1/3 Kraut, too, with a Kraut surname, but the rest is pretty stereotypical.

Tall Midget wrote:
I bet visiting Tommy's house is quite a trip. I imagine his family room is walled with wood paneling, his couch is carefully fitted with clear plastic covering, and his family gathers to watch their favorite Christmas entertainment on a 13" black-and-white Zenith TV. Somewhere in the room there's undoubtedly also a glass dish filled with Brach's caramels and butterscotch candy. He's probably got a pinup of Raquel Welch stashed under the sofa, too.

True. Well, we have a 19" black and white jobber, and it's a Magnavox. Cut my hand slapping it during the Tangerine Bowl (or whatever they call it now) last year, but she holds up.