It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:00 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:04 pm 

I have a son in high school and twin daughters in middle school. At least in my case, boys are much easier. No drama at all with my son. He sleeps, eats (a lot), and hangs out with his small group of friends. My daughters seem to have 100 friends and it's constant drama with who is fighting with who, who's still friends this week, not the next. Plus, even though I'm pretty sure they haven't even kissed a boy yet, I live in constant fear of who's trying to get in their pants..... maybe it's because I know how I tried as a middle schooler and into high school.

The sports side is different for me. I watch sports on TV all the time. My son loves playing baseball. Between high school and rec league and fall league he played on 4 different teams in 2017. However, outside of playing baseball, he has no interest in sports. I don't think he has ever watched more than 5 minutes of any sporting event on TV. The flip side is my one daughter loves sports. She plays multiple sports and will sit and watch games on TV, whether I'm around or not.

In the end though, like others have said, hopefully whatever you have is healthy, and if they don't kill you or you kill them, there is nothing better in the world.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:37 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Ungotz wrote:
teenage girls are the worst kind of human. They never shut up.....roll their eyes..they are never wrong....they are loud, moody,angry and pissed off about EVERYTHING... in general just horrible to be around.
Teenage girls are very very very mean......and incredibly ready to fight at the drop of a hat.

there is some truth here, but I'd say this is a bit of an over-generalization. And yes....once upon a time I taught HS. Sophomores are the worst.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:48 pm 

wdelaney72 wrote:
Ungotz wrote:
teenage girls are the worst kind of human. They never shut up.....roll their eyes..they are never wrong....they are loud, moody,angry and pissed off about EVERYTHING... in general just horrible to be around.
Teenage girls are very very very mean......and incredibly ready to fight at the drop of a hat.

there is some truth here, but I'd say this is a bit of an over-generalization. And yes....once upon a time I taught HS. Sophomores are the worst.

I agree with every single word. I never want to go through raising teenage daughters again, and I know its worse now. Mine are 24 and 26. One day they are daddys little girl, or daddys little athlete, and then BAM. Boys get involved, or other girls are mean to them, or someone may have posted something online and its all over. Leave the teenage years to the mom. Pick up again when they hit about 22.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
Eh.. there are days that I’m my daughter’s best friend and I’m the only one she’ll talk to. Her mom doesn’t understand and her friends are mean. 45?minutes later her and my wife are fine and I’m the bane of her existence. The perception of a teen girl vs reality can really be something to behold. I’ll get to experience raising teen boys soon enough.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:03 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 6 characters
Does anyone's answer change considering the current social issues we are facing?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Ugueth Will Shiv You wrote:
Does anyone's answer change considering the current social issues we are facing?

No. In fact, I considered that before answering.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:23 pm 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
a coworkers jr in hs son's gf just broke up with him. I also know the father of the girl. its funny how the son is just like, whatever, i liked hanging out with my friends anyway. yeah it hurts a little but whatever lets watch sports. meanwhile for the girl that initiated the breakup, her father says its been a living hell....

so that sounds like fun.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:27 pm 

Ugueth Will Shiv You wrote:

Until my girls hit their teenage years, I had no idea what kind of world they live in. Social media has mad thing harder. Almost every decision is the end of the world, they are bothered by everything. I felt helpless because I couldn't make them understand that they were stressing out about nothing, and in the end none of it will matter. Boys are easier.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Pasaro's, St. Joe, MI.
Two boys and a girl in that order, all three in college right now (yikes). She has been more problems than the boys combined times ten, despite being Valedictorian, athlete, etc. Many of the problems may be hers, but the other girls are just so mean, I cannot believe what some of them will say to a "friend" of theirs. The social media of today only multiplies the problems.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:41 pm 

It appears to me that being the parent of a daughter requires so much greater interaction with parents of the child's friends. Boys have events which demand parental attendance and interaction but outside of those events you can lone wolf it. Girls seem to have a lifestyle that demands constant relationships with other parents.

Boys aren't going to tell you shit so you won't know if there is a personal crisis unless you are paying very close attention. Then you have to extrapolate a scenario from bits and pieces like a detective.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
I would say boy, because the one I'm help raising, a boy is still young, but feel can do more stuff with them, I'm sure if a girl will still do the same stuff with them like fishing, but if a girl, I would worry more like some of put of someone trying to get into their pants, then worry if a guy tried that when they didn't want them in their, that would thought terrify me when not around them, so I would still say a boy is easier right now, but either one is difficult especially when they start getting older and meeting people.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:11 pm 

No way anyone can really answer this. Every child is different and presents different challenges. I am a couple months away from having 4 teenage daughters at one time. They are all completely different. They have all brought great joy to my life and have presented challenges along the way.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:12 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
reents wrote:
I would say boy, because the one I'm help raising, a boy is still young, but feel can do more stuff with them, I'm sure if a girl will still do the same stuff with them like fishing, but if a girl, I would worry more like some of put of someone trying to get into their pants, then worry if a guy tried that when they didn't want them in their, that would thought terrify me when not around them, so I would still say a boy is easier right now, but either one is difficult especially when they start getting older and meeting people.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:16 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Ungotz wrote:
I have been a high school teacher for 23 years.......teenage girls are the worst kind of human. They never shut up.....roll their eyes..they are never wrong....they are loud, moody,angry and pissed off about EVERYTHING... in general just horrible to be around.

Also, I think i would have a difficult time with someone trying to get into my daughter's pants. Even a husband if she were married. Not sure how I would deal with that.

Teenage girls are perpetually miserable and full of pent-up rage and also they should never fuck

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:44 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
This thread has shown me that we have a lot of old posters still lurking. That's good to see.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:42 am 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
This thread is Sophie's Choice without the guilt.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:05 am 

pizza_Place: ....
I have 1 girl and 2 boys and to me it is perfect.

We get to do the Daughter thing, but then we get to double whammy the awesomeness by raising two Stallynz.

The daughter thing is great, and I wouldn't trade it for anything, but its awesome as fuck having boys. Right now the Daughter gets the most attention and perks, though, as there is a 5 year age gap between her and the next sibling.

I apologize to The Hawk

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:49 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Boys.

Girls are manipulative monsters who only get worse as they get older.

This

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:54 am 

There is no reasoning with my 2 year old daughter.

I can't tell you how many times I've called my wife and said for the love of God please come home and take her.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:19 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Chris_in_joliet wrote:

I can't tell you how many times I've called my wife and said for the love of God please come home and take her.

7, is commonly referred to as the age reason.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:54 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
I'd rather raise Johnny 5 from short circuit tbh.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:40 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Seacrest wrote:
Chris_in_joliet wrote:

7, is commonly referred to as the age reason.
Then we have MANY posters here who age 6 and under.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:47 am 

Going to the gym.

Her: Daddy please let me bring 5 different items and I won't leave this house or your car without them.

Also her after walking into the daycare center: Here take these 5 different toys I couldn't live without.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:01 am 

Chris_in_joliet wrote:

She is only 2yrs old. What reasoning goes on with a 2yr old?

You must be a real asshole to not be able to get along with a 2yr old who doesn't speak in complete sentences yet.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:50 am 

Juiced wrote:
Chris_in_joliet wrote:

You must be a real asshole to not be able to get along with a 2yr old who doesn't speak in complete sentences yet.

I am a real asshole .
Obviously you don't have kids and if you do maybe pay more attention to them.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:03 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
As discussed in other threads, I inherited 3 kids in addition to my 2 boys. The 2 oldest were pretty much out of the house already but the youngest daughter was 13 when I arrived. I can't decide if it's a blessing or a curse that her father is douchebag....As it stands, we have good relationship and feel very fortunate to have what I consider a daughter, but it certainly does come with some headaches. Melvin Udall said it best...."I think of a man...and take away reason and accountability".

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Chris_in_joliet wrote:
Juiced wrote:
Chris_in_joliet wrote:

I am a real asshole .
Obviously you don't have kids and if you do maybe have your wife come home and take them, for the love of God.

:D

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:11 pm 

Mine are still young, two girls and one boy.

They each have their own sets of challenges. My son is almost 8 and my biggest issue is that he is a tattle tale. If his sisters do anything he rushes to tell. If I say he can’t have something he tells on me to my wife :lol: She finally had to say “you can’t tell on Daddy. If he says no, that means no. He’s the parent too.”

The girls are 4 and it’s interesting. They either love me beyond belief and won’t let me have a moments peace or want to be left alone and won’t even let me help them put on their shoes. I just roll with it. I never know which version I’m going to get.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:41 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Chris_in_joliet wrote:
Juiced wrote:
Chris_in_joliet wrote:

I am a real asshole .
Obviously you don't have kids and if you do maybe have your wife come home and take them, for the love of God.

:D

That's cute.

Did IMU feed you that line?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
About to have a baby girl in the next 24 hours or so. All your descriptions of girls sound like my wife. This should be fun