It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:44 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Rauner is planning on buying time on TV statewide to play the entire 14 minute wiretap conversation between blago and pritzker... looking forward to it. i'm surprised Rauner is using this weapon right now and not saving it for August/september.... he cant possibly think pritzker is going to lose the democratic primary...?

http://abc7chicago.com/politics/rauner- ... p/2963761/

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Doesn't matter Rauner is done.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:58 pm 

Well it'll be longer than a summary of the list of his achievements as "governor"

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:11 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
That's the toughest thing he's done as governor. I like it. I don't want to ever have to vote for Pritzker.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:12 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Buyin' some time for playin' some tape of some talkin' and plottin'

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
I don't know what's on the rest of the recording, but if the current commercial includes what Rauner considers the meat then he will have wasted his money. Take away the ominous music and graphics & it's pretty much just Blago being Blago. Pritzker adds little to the conversation.

I don't find Pritzker to be particularly trustworthy but this doesn't make Rauner any more likeable.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:18 pm 

Anybody know anything about Daniel "Middle Class" Biss? I certainly don't but I like his marketing considering he'd be going up 2 of the richest guys in the state.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Italiano's
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Anybody know anything about Daniel "Middle Class" Biss? I certainly don't but I like his marketing considering he'd be going up 2 of the richest guys in the state.

Sounds like a Reagan Democrat to me! Just like old Frank Sinatra (who just took Nancy out back) and the rural Midwest.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
I don't like Pritzker either (and neither should you) but this is an odd move. I agree, the commercial currently being run is just a whole lot of mmmhmmms from Pritzker. But the dude is dirty, there's got to be a better democratic candidate.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:29 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Caller Ron wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:

Sounds like a Reagan Democrat to me! Just like old Frank Sinatra (who just took Nancy out back) and the rural Midwest.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:52 pm 

City of Fools wrote:
I don't like Pritzker either (and neither should you) but this is an odd move. I agree, the commercial currently being run is just a whole lot of mmmhmmms from Pritzker. But the dude is dirty, there's got to be a better democratic candidate.

Oh, there you go again.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
Former professor and pot smoker. Sounds like a winner to me. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:58 pm 

Out of honest curiosity, aside from his being a silver spoon kid who has taken some of the same advantages of the system as the other ultra wealthy, what about him draws the ire from some around here?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:58 pm 

Hatchetman wrote:
Former professor and pot smoker. Sounds like a winner to me. :lol:

We should not be subsidizing intellectual curiosity. But marijuana cigarettes help me think.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:01 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Regular Reader wrote:
Out of honest curiosity, aside from his being a silver spoon kid who has taken some of the same advantages of the system as the other ultra wealthy, what about him draws the ire from some around here?

He's fat
He's a Joo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:12 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:

This story kind of sticks in my craw...
He bought the house next door and had the toilets removed so it would be declared an uninhabitable dwelling. Then he got a tax break of nearly $230,000 for living next to it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:16 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

He bought the house next door and had the toilets removed so it would be declared an uninhabitable dwelling. Then he got a tax break of nearly $230,000 for living next to it.

That makes him smart.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:17 pm 

The rich are the same as you and I, only better.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:22 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

Sounds like a shitty thing to do.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Regular Reader wrote:

That's something I don't understand. I thought he came from a wealthy family but in one of his early commercials he said he came from a single-parent family and his mom had to work several jobs to make ends meet.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
Tad Queasy wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

That's something I don't understand. I thought he came from a wealthy family but in one of his early commercials he said he came from a single-parent family and his mom had to work several jobs to make ends meet.

that is what he has been saying?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
City of Fools wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

I was wrong about the working multiple jobs to make ends meet, but it says she lost her job and was left with three young children which kind of implies financial struggles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZjqFxPdtP0

When I was seven years old, my dad passed away and my mother was left with three young children. She lost her job as my father’s partner in business, she lost her life partner, and she was afflicted with alcoholism. She struggled valiantly to overcome a disease so she could take care of her own kids and even though she lost the battle, she ultimately won, because although she passed away, all three of us survived. I think that when you watch somebody struggle, you develop a kind of empathy and understanding. It becomes your responsibility to step in. I’ve tried to do that during my life wherever I could. I think its, in a way, a way for me to honor my mother. She needed help. We needed help. When I have the ability to do it, I should do it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._B._Pritzker

Early life and education
Pritzker was born to the Pritzker family, a Jewish family prominent in business and philanthropy during the later 20th century, one of the wealthiest families in the United States of America, being near the top of Forbes magazine's "America's Richest Families" list since the magazine began listings in 1982.[4] One of three children of Sue (née Sandel) and Donald Pritzker.[5][6] He attended Massachusetts boarding school Milton Academy and then graduated from Duke University with an A.B. degree in political science. Pritzker went on to earn his J.D. degree from Northwestern University School of Law. Pritzker is an attorney and a member of the Illinois State Bar Association and Chicago Bar Association.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Biss has a huge issue in that he foolishly has held an elected position and tried to pass things. His failed pension reform attempt is a huge anchor around his neck. Despite his claim he's evolved on the pension issue, most people in the unions his proposal would have hosed want no part of him.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
Tad Queasy wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

I was wrong about the working multiple jobs to make ends meet, but it says she lost her job and was left with three young children which kind of implies financial struggles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZjqFxPdtP0

When I was seven years old, my dad passed away and my mother was left with three young children. She lost her job as my father’s partner in business, she lost her life partner, and she was afflicted with alcoholism. She struggled valiantly to overcome a disease so she could take care of her own kids and even though she lost the battle, she ultimately won, because although she passed away, all three of us survived. I think that when you watch somebody struggle, you develop a kind of empathy and understanding. It becomes your responsibility to step in. I’ve tried to do that during my life wherever I could. I think its, in a way, a way for me to honor my mother. She needed help. We needed help. When I have the ability to do it, I should do it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._B._Pritzker

Early life and education
Pritzker was born to the Pritzker family, a Jewish family prominent in business and philanthropy during the later 20th century, one of the wealthiest families in the United States of America, being near the top of Forbes magazine's "America's Richest Families" list since the magazine began listings in 1982.[4] One of three children of Sue (née Sandel) and Donald Pritzker.[5][6] He attended Massachusetts boarding school Milton Academy and then graduated from Duke University with an A.B. degree in political science. Pritzker went on to earn his J.D. degree from Northwestern University School of Law. Pritzker is an attorney and a member of the Illinois State Bar Association and Chicago Bar Association.

What is with with Joos and Duke?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:02 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Only in Illinois can a Pritzker claim to be from humble beginnings.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:07 pm 

pittmike wrote:

In fairness, JB always came across as a reserved, open minded and humble guy to me

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:10 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
pittmike wrote:

In fairness, JB always came across as a reserved, open minded and humble guy to me

It’s always the rich, humble ones who decide to run for high political office.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:23 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Curious Hair wrote:
Buyin' some time for playin' some tape of some talkin' and plottin'

In fairness he could be sitting on a fucking goldmine there!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:35 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
spmack wrote:

This guy knows.

He may not even win the Republican race.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:39 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
spmack wrote:

This guy knows.

He may not even win the Republican race.

Unfortunately money talks. It will be Rauner vs. Pritzker and we all lose.