It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:07 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 361 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Shut It Down
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:33 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Hillary also was a terrible campaigner.

Her one victory was aided heavily by her opponent dropping out due to a cancer diagnosis and the replacement still almost beat her.
She lost badly to a relative nobody that had to overcome far more in terms of "demographics" than she did.
She struggled to put away a guy for the Democratic nomination that literally wasn't a Democrat and gave up on even pretending he was ever one as soon as he lost. This was also while the Democrats ran out a few "generic white guy" types for her to take target practice against in debates.
She ran a horrible campaign against Trump and tried to run up the score in California rather than even visit swing states she lost even as Trump himself was expecting and hoping for a close loss.

It's possible that Hillary just wasn't going to win an election for President. I mean, when an older white woman runs for President and can't even win the "older white women" vote then there is a problem that goes far beyond people loved Trump.

Joe Biden didn't run because his son died suddenly from cancer. Some are saying Hillary was responsible.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:43 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
pittmike wrote:
I find it interesting that Spaulding has taken the time to explain to you guys why the Dem party may not be working for a large segment of the population. She has made points that make sense and many just dismiss it out of hand because 1964 southern strategy something Trump is racist no way HRC is awful.

She told you the Dems aren’t listening and neither are you guys.

Sometimes being right means being unpopular mike.

But it shouldn't mean that she is ganged up on and run off the board again for simply stating her opinion. And in this case, an opinion shared by MANY Dems as well.

Who's ganging up on her or her honest opinion here?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:48 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
pittmike wrote:
I find it interesting that Spaulding has taken the time to explain to you guys why the Dem party may not be working for a large segment of the population. She has made points that make sense and many just dismiss it out of hand because 1964 southern strategy something Trump is racist no way HRC is awful.

But it shouldn't mean that she is ganged up on and run off the board again for simply stating her opinion. And in this case, an opinion shared by MANY Dems as well.

Oh god.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:49 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Regular Reader wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
pittmike wrote:

You and LTG and B-Mac? Kirkwood and RPB?

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:51 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Nas wrote:
Joe Biden didn't run because his son died suddenly from cancer. Some are saying Hillary was responsible.

For the cancer? I wouldn't put it past her.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Seacrest wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
pittmike wrote:

Absolutely. That wasn't even meant to address Spaulding.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:04 pm 

Nas wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
pittmike wrote:

Spaulding is all good with me. We disagree but it is always civil. She makes her point without all the Bullshit ad hominem.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:18 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Regular Reader wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
pittmike wrote:

No one yet in this thread.

It’s happened to her in the past in other threads.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaiser's - Kenosha
long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
pittmike wrote:

Spaulding is all good with me. We disagree but it is always civil. She makes her point without all the Bullshit ad hominem.

That makes one of you.
:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Regular Reader wrote:
Spaulding,

The Democratic party has problems identifying it's base and previously its candidates, as illustrated by the clown pushed in Gingrich's old district in Georgia.

I've still never voted for a Clinton in a primary and remain disappointed in Obama. But in a general election, I can't vote for someone sponsored by the republican donor class who have nothing to offer other than free the wealthy and demonizing the coloreds.

As for how many here feel about the energized women marching, registering and running for office. I just don't care. They represent the energy that has clowns like Farenthold, Issa and hopefully that cockroach Ryan to go the hell away in loss/shame. It's what made me happy about the Virginia elections and hopefully a sign of things to come.

As far as Hillary goes, I worked in proximity to her over a year. She is one of the smartest, most goal oriented people that I've ever met. That she can be overly pragmatic and corporate never allowed me to vote for her or Bill when their nominations were never in question. But I remain distressed by progressives and women who continue to see her as a worse alternative to trump, or another of the often bigoted demagogues the republican party now calls leadership.

Or The people who oddly see her as less crooked than a shyster who routinely has to be sued or blackmailed when he just can't routinely file bankruptcy or for divorce.

Do you think the same can be said about the democratic donor class? Free the wealthy (and educated) and demonized the whites? I get the feeling that's where it's headed if not there already.

I have a feeling you will care, at some point, about this new feminism. This win at all costs with no regard to the consequences of these movements, I fear, is leading us down a bad path. The marchers seem to be man hating, woo hoo women types that do nothing but that or debutante types that probably get mani pedis from cheap forced labor nail salons while their nannies watch their kids. It's childish, divisive, and attention seeking. And their leaders aren't empowering anyone, I'd argue they use whatever they can to their advantage and exploit anybody they can. You are only a good woman if you are doing and saying and believing what they want. Stay at home moms need not apply.

I find it hard to believe you have no stories about Hillary. The Secret Service we know who are Democrats do. Then again maybe you were deemed just and worthy. Since the rest of us undesirables, underlings, and non-importants haven't worked for her what you see as smart others might see as manipulative and calculating. What you see as goal oriented others might see as self serving. While it maybe distressing it's not unreasonable to see why people hate her or how much people hate her. I don't think it's fair to blame it on bigotry. She told people they would lose their jobs in OH and PA. You think they should vote for her?

They have their scandals with money too. I would bet if we knew everything it would be even. That Foundation was dirty as anything.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
shirtless driver wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

That makes one of you.

LTG generally doesn’t make personal attacks unless provoked by personal attacks.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:09 am 

Seacrest wrote:

I wasn't really run off. I didn't enjoy the political talk and had a difficult 8 or so months last year. Coming here was a nice wind down the evening type thing but it wasn't last year. Idk.

Also, I think I can actually smell what a huge piece of shit Douchebag is through my computer. It's unpleasant.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:11 am 

FavreFan wrote:
LTG generally doesn’t make personal attacks unless provoked by personal attacks.

I almost never throw the first stone. No problem here.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:23 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Spaulding wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

I almost never throw the first stone. No problem here.

Agreed.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:30 am 

Spaulding wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Spaulding,

The Democratic party has problems identifying it's base and previously its candidates, as illustrated by the clown pushed in Gingrich's old district in Georgia.

I've still never voted for a Clinton in a primary and remain disappointed in Obama. But in a general election, I can't vote for someone sponsored by the republican donor class who have nothing to offer other than free the wealthy and demonizing the coloreds.

As for how many here feel about the energized women marching, registering and running for office. I just don't care. They represent the energy that has clowns like Farenthold, Issa and hopefully that cockroach Ryan to go the hell away in loss/shame. It's what made me happy about the Virginia elections and hopefully a sign of things to come.

As far as Hillary goes, I worked in proximity to her over a year. She is one of the smartest, most goal oriented people that I've ever met. That she can be overly pragmatic and corporate never allowed me to vote for her or Bill when their nominations were never in question. But I remain distressed by progressives and women who continue to see her as a worse alternative to trump, or another of the often bigoted demagogues the republican party now calls leadership.

Or The people who oddly see her as less crooked than a shyster who routinely has to be sued or blackmailed when he just can't routinely file bankruptcy or for divorce.

Do you think the same can be said about the democratic donor class? Free the wealthy (and educated) and demonized the whites? I get the feeling that's where it's headed if not there already.

I have a feeling you will care, at some point, about this new feminism. This win at all costs with no regard to the consequences of these movements, I fear, is leading us down a bad path. The marchers seem to be man hating, woo hoo women types that do nothing but that or debutante types that probably get mani pedis from cheap forced labor nail salons while their nannies watch their kids. It's childish, divisive, and attention seeking. And their leaders aren't empowering anyone, I'd argue they use whatever they can to their advantage and exploit anybody they can. You are only a good woman if you are doing and saying and believing what they want. Stay at home moms need not apply.

I find it hard to believe you have no stories about Hillary. The Secret Service we know who are Democrats do. Then again maybe you were deemed just and worthy. Since the rest of us undesirables, underlings, and non-importants haven't worked for her what you see as smart others might see as manipulative and calculating. What you see as goal oriented others might see as self serving. While it maybe distressing it's not unreasonable to see why people hate her or how much people hate her. I don't think it's fair to blame it on bigotry. She told people they would lose their jobs in OH and PA. You think they should vote for her?

They have their scandals with money too. I would bet if we knew everything it would be even. That Foundation was dirty as anything.

I don't have a single problem with people who were at issue with her corporate campaign. But rather an irritation with her inability to find people who couldnt help her translate her real message into a pop acceptable sound byte. Yes, she told a hard truth to blue collar types in middle America, but that she's a man hating witch as a result doesn't fit. MANY of the stories are wildly hyperbolic imo.

As far as where feminists will take us (or try), I'm willing to give them an honest try, certainly before a Mercer/Koch funded fraud, or a Rauner. We'll agree to see who is more deserving of our confidence

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:45 am 

Regular Reader wrote:

I don't have a single problem with people who were at issue with her corporate campaign. But rather an irritation with her inability to find people who couldnt help her translate her real message into a pop acceptable sound byte. Yes, she told a hard truth to blue collar types in middle America, but that she's a man hating witch as a result doesn't fit. MANY of the stories are wildly hyperbolic imo.

As far as where feminists will take us (or try), I'm willing to give them an honest try, certainly before a Mercer/Koch funded fraud, or a Rauner. We'll agree to see who is more deserving of our confidence

So the people that have a problem with her corporate campaign aren't pedophiles? I got/get the feeling from you that you can't understand why anybody would vote for trump over Hillary. Are you saying you do understand?

What was her message? To me it was I want money and I want to be President. I don't know if she told a hard truth or not but I know you can't tell people that hard truth and expect them to vote for you. No party noted, if somebody said here are 2 candidates. One is sexist and a completely awful person and the other one is awful and you are going to lose your job who would you vote for?

I would not give these feminists a try. You have no concerns with BLM, the LBGTQ movement, or zionist/antizionist issues in the democratic party? You don't think the Democratic Party has been bought and paid for? From the little that I know the Obama administration was crushing. Economic disparity had increased, black unemployment has increased, more arms had been sold than under Bush, as well as drone strikes. You really don't think Hillary or anybody else for that matter is bought and paid for? None of them deserve our confidence. None.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:53 am 

Spaulding wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

So the people that have a problem with her corporate campaign aren't pedophiles? I got/get the feeling from you that you can't understand why anybody would vote for trump over Hillary. Are you saying you do understand?

What was her message? To me it was I want money and I want to be President. I don't know if she told a hard truth or not but I know you can't tell people that hard truth and expect them to vote for you. No party noted, if somebody said here are 2 candidates. One is sexist and a completely awful person and the other one is awful and you are going to lose your job who would you vote for?

I would not give these feminists a try. You have no concerns with BLM, the LBGTQ movement, or zionist/antizionist issues in the democratic party. You don't think the Democratic Party has been bought and paid for? From the little that I know the Obama administration was crushing. Economic disparity had increased, black unemployment has increased, more arms had been sold than under Bush, as well as drone strikes. You really don't think Hillary or anybody else for that matter is bought and paid for? None of them deserve our confidence. None.

I'm sorry but now you've lost me. I don't follow the DuPage county republican party talking points.

What was the Obama administration "crushing"?

And please don't tag me for what my concerns are, for any actors, tea party, republican or progressive.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:09 am 

Regular Reader wrote:
I'm sorry but now you've lost me. I don't follow the DuPage county republican party talking points.

And please don't tag me for what my concerns are, for any actors, tea party, republican or progressive.

53% of Dupage County voted for Hillary Clinton. I was neither happy or sad. I did not vote because I thought both candidates would be terrible Presidents. I don't know what the republican talking points are but I do know the last republican state rep got pinched for sending his junk to somebody blackmailing him. I'm being honest when I say I have no political affiliations.

The idea and Obama's platform was based on hope and change. Most (poor) people and small business that I know are worse off after his Presidency. There was no change, he was the status quo. I think a lot of people feel/felt lied to, he let them down. That's crushing, might make people vote the other way.

I don't understand what you think I'm tagging you for.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:26 am 

Given the current climate and republican offense at traditional American values I do wonder :D

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:35 am 

I don't know the current climate. But I do know life long Democrats that aren't punching that ticket.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:39 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Spaulding wrote:
"For every blue-collar Democrat we lose in western Pennsylvania, we will pick up two moderate Republicans in the suburbs in Philadelphia, and you can repeat that in Ohio and Illinois and Wisconsin."

This was a really bad strategy and had nothing to do with the browning of America what ever that is. They made it clear they did not give a crap about any of the working class of any race.

SCHUMER!! MY GUY!! GENIOUS!!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:45 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
SCHUMER!! MY GUY!! GENIOUS!!

He fucked up the last few days.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:27 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I wonder if Trump isn't just some sort of tipping point. A symptom and not a cause. Would the election have been any different if a more acceptable "celebrity" republican got the nomination. For instance, had he been eligible I would think Arnold would have crushed Clinton.

What we have seen in these last pages and what I have felt is there is some sort of shift that has been brewing for a while. There has been a lot of focus on various issues or maybe identities buy the democrats as they have taken the low to mid middle class white vote for granted. Many people I believe are not racist, bigoted, hateful or otherwise against all the individual causes trumpeted on the national stage. They just don't worry about them all that much because they are not affected or have their own problems.

Trump listened and said what he thought they wanted to hear. It does not matter if he can deliver or even if he ever intended to. He convinced enough voters to either vote for him or stay home. An example that may seem funny coming from me but it is like the story of a man having lost his wife and being blindsided. He asks the ex a bunch of complicated questions searching for a complicated reasons. The wife simply tells him he didn't pay attention to her.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:34 am 
Site Admin

Spaulding wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

53% of Dupage County voted for Hillary Clinton. I was neither happy or sad. I did not vote because I thought both candidates would be terrible Presidents. I don't know what the republican talking points are but I do know the last republican state rep got pinched for sending his junk to somebody blackmailing him. I'm being honest when I say I have no political affiliations.

The idea and Obama's platform was based on hope and change. Most (poor) people and small business that I know are worse off after his Presidency. There was no change, he was the status quo. I think a lot of people feel/felt lied to, he let them down. That's crushing, might make people vote the other way.

I don't understand what you think I'm tagging you for.

Amen.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:42 am 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
pittmike wrote:
I wonder if Trump isn't just some sort of tipping point. A symptom and not a cause. Would the election have been any different if a more acceptable "celebrity" republican got the nomination. For instance, had he been eligible I would think Arnold would have crushed Clinton.

What we have seen in these last pages and what I have felt is there is some sort of shift that has been brewing for a while. There has been a lot of focus on various issues or maybe identities buy the democrats as they have taken the low to mid middle class white vote for granted. Many people I believe are not racist, bigoted, hateful or otherwise against all the individual causes trumpeted on the national stage. They just don't worry about them all that much because they are not affected or have their own problems.

Trump listened and said what he thought they wanted to hear. It does not matter if he can deliver or even if he ever intended to. He convinced enough voters to either vote for him or stay home. An example that may seem funny coming from me but it is like the story of a man having lost his wife and being blindsided. He asks the ex a bunch of complicated questions searching for a complicated reasons. The wife simply tells him he didn't pay attention to her.

If you mean by tipping point that there will be a shift toward blue collar populism then I would disagree. I see Trump as more of a wake up call than a trend setter. He is polling worse than any president in modern history at this point in his term and he has managed to energize what has recently been a rather lethargic and unfocused opposition. This November will tell the tale I guess.

Last edited by Zippy-The-Pinhead on Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:56 am 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
pittmike wrote:

If you mean. by tipping point that there will control be a shift toward blue collar populism then I would disagree. I see Trump as more of a wake up call than a trend setter. He is polling worse than any president in modern history at this point in his term and he has managed to energize what has recently been a rather lethargic and unfocused opposition. This November will tell the tale I guess.

Yes it will be interesting for sure. No matter how you feel about the election of Trump I remain fascinated by the flipping of PA, OH, MI and WI. I did not think I would ever see that. I don't think he can be a trend setter as much as maybe the end result is people actually believe they have a say and make a difference again.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:10 am 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Spaulding wrote:
I almost never throw the first stone.

Spaulding wrote:
Also, I think I can actually smell what a huge piece of shit Douchebag is through my computer. It's unpleasant.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:17 am 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Spaulding wrote:
I almost never throw the first stone.

Spaulding wrote:

Yeah that was pretty good. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:23 am 

Seacrest wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
pittmike wrote:

DID. NOT. HAPPEN.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:24 am 
Site Admin

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
pittmike wrote:

DID. NOT. HAPPEN.

Board bully feeling defensive this morning I see.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 361 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next