It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 361 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Shut It Down
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:30 am 

Seacrest wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
pittmike wrote:
I find it interesting that Spaulding has taken the time to explain to you guys why the Dem party may not be working for a large segment of the population. She has made points that make sense and many just dismiss it out of hand because 1964 southern strategy something Trump is racist no way HRC is awful.

She told you the Dems aren’t listening and neither are you guys.

Sometimes being right means being unpopular mike.

But it shouldn't mean that she is ganged up on and run off the board again for simply stating her opinion. And in this case, an opinion shared by MANY Dems as well.

DID. NOT. HAPPEN.

Board bully feeling defensive this morning I see.

She said you were wrong.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:32 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
I know what was said here.

And your unnecessary response to it is at least a tacit admission that even you feel that you try and bully people here.

Carry on if you must.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:34 am 

Seacrest wrote:
I know what was said here.

And your unnecessary response to it is at least a tacit admission that even you feel that you try and bully people here.

Carry on if you must.

No one chased her from the board. Stop trying to use others because you feel victimized.

If you think I bully you then come out and say it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:38 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Seacrest needs a safe space

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:46 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
He has one in BRicks head.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:04 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
pittmike wrote:
Trump listened and said what he thought they wanted to hear. It does not matter if he can deliver or even if he ever intended to.

Politics.

Democrats need to get better at it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:07 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
No, they're fine at politics.

ALL of them (R's, Dems, and everyone else) need to get better a taking care of their constituents actually accomplishing things.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:16 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Frank Coztansa wrote:

ALL of them (R's, Dems, and everyone else) need to get better a taking care of their constituents actually accomplishing things.

:lol:

Those times are done.

Can't do anything anymore when working with the opposing party is seen by the people as being a traitor.

Sit back and enjoy these new times.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:36 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Frank Coztansa wrote:

lol the Democrats lost virtually every election in America in the last eight years, they are so good at politics

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Curious Hair wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

lol the Democrats lost virtually every election in America in the last eight years, they are so good at politics

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/10/gerrymandering-technology-redmap-2020/543888/

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:31 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

True.

But it's not fear of the working class or poor white people one party has been primarily running on since 1964.

I don't disagree. I'm no fan of the Republicans and am not defending or supporting them here. I am saying what I think is wrong with the democratic party and why this last election was lost. ltg has been consistent in saying it's because people support Trump and I don't think it's correct or fair.

You feel the democratic party is headed in the right direction? Specifically this last election? You don't think the party is alienating people that once voted for it? You don't think it's caught up in Wall St or corporate America and is just as corrupt as the Republican Party?

The Latino and black vote was low in this election. I don't believe that was all voter suppression, some was choice. I believe there was a lot of disappointment in Clinton's and Obama's presidencies that showed in this election.

The posters here aren't thrilled with current feminism. How do you it's going over with the rest of the country specifically the rural areas in the midwest?

Hillary was viewed as more establishment, more Wall Street, more rich, more elitist, and more crooked than Trump. She was viewed less relatable, less honest, less human, less likable, and less humble.

I agree with all of this other than people being unhappy with the Clinton administration.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:35 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
pittmike wrote:
I find it interesting that Spaulding has taken the time to explain to you guys why the Dem party may not be working for a large segment of the population. She has made points that make sense and many just dismiss it out of hand because 1964 southern strategy something Trump is racist no way HRC is awful.

But it shouldn't mean that she is ganged up on and run off the board again for simply stating her opinion. And in this case, an opinion shared by MANY Dems as well.

It's impossible to run someone off the board. If they leave because most posters disagree or dont like them. that's not being run off.

No victims here. Posting is open to all and posters come and go as they please.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:37 pm 

Nas wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
pittmike wrote:

Who's ganging up on her or her honest opinion here?

You and LTG and B-Mac? Kirkwood and RPB?

What?

I don't even post anymore!

The.rush to protect Spaulding is very sexist and disrespectful. She can and always has been able to handle herself.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:00 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
rogers park bryan wrote:
Nas wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
pittmike wrote:

Who's ganging up on her or her honest opinion here?

You and LTG and B-Mac? Kirkwood and RPB?

What?

I don't even post anymore!

The.rush to protect Spaulding is very sexist and disrespectful. She can and always has been able to handle herself.

I was joking. Spaulding wasn't having any issues. It was good seeing her mix it up in the politics section.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
rogers park bryan wrote:
It's impossible to run someone off the board. If they leave because most posters disagree or dont like them. that's not being run off.

That's not what I heard.

As for Clinton, right or wrong, he is seen as the reason many jobs have been outsourced. His crime bill is not favorably viewed.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:44 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

That's not what I heard.

As for Clinton, right or wrong, he is seen as the reason many jobs have been outsourced. His crime bill is not favorably viewed.

What did you hear?

Not in my experience. Bill is very favorably viewed among Dems that I talk to. Different sects of Dems, I suppose.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
rogers park bryan wrote:
Spaulding wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

That's not what I heard.

What did you hear?

Not in my experience. Bill is very favorably viewed among Dems that I talk to. Different sects of Dems, I suppose.

Still? Seems like the last 6-8 years his popularity has waned significantly after seeing the effects of his Presidency.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:51 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Spaulding wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

That's not what I heard.

What did you hear?

Still? Seems like the last 6-8 years his popularity has waned significantly after seeing the effects of his Presidency.

Yea, I heard a lot of "Im voting for Hillary because Bill will run things" sentiments during the election.

Also, there are some Dems that just didn't really like the black guy, so to them Clinton was THEIR last guy.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:53 pm 

Bill Clinton was great. His biggest failure was something that virtually everyone thought was a noble and useful goal because people are stupid and greedy.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:04 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Don Tiny wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/10/gerrymandering-technology-redmap-2020/543888/

Are you trying to say they only lost because of gerrymandering? Come on. Gerrymandering is a problem because of all the losing they did before that.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:45 pm 
pittmike wrote:

The number of HRC voters who will tell you she is awful is much higher than the number of Trump voters who will admit he's awful.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Baby McNown wrote:
pittmike wrote:

The number of HRC voters who will tell you she is awful is much higher than the number of Trump voters who will admit he's awful.

I’m not sure that’s a good thing. All I see when I read that is Democrats knowingly vote for an awful candidate more often.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:51 pm 
FavreFan wrote:
Baby McNown wrote:
pittmike wrote:

I’m not sure that’s a good thing. All I see when I read that is Democrats knowingly vote for an awful candidate more often.

If the GOP had run somebody other than Trump who didn't want to create his own Taliban (looking at you Ted Cruz), the margin of victory over Hillary would have made LBJ over Goldwater look like a nail bighter.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:33 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Baby McNown wrote:
If the GOP had run somebody other than Trump who didn't want to create his own Taliban (looking at you Ted Cruz), the margin of victory over Hillary would have made LBJ over Goldwater look like a nail bighter.

Jeb - NO
Dr. Carson - NO
Ted - NO
Chris Christie - NO
Carly Fiorina - NO
Mike Huckabee - NO
Rick Santorum
Marco Rubio - Probably NOT
Rand Paul - ? Probably NOT
John Kasich - ? Probably NOT

Just my opinion.....this election was a layup for Hillary. Kasich would have been the only possible R to swing DEM votes....still be big stretch for him to beat Hilllary.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:50 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Kasich definitely beats her and probably Rubio.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:44 pm 

Baby McNown wrote:
pittmike wrote:

How would this be determined? Facebook likes :lol:

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:46 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Baby McNown wrote:
pittmike wrote:

How would this be determined? Facebook likes :lol:

Least popular candidate in the city of Chicago!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
February 8th is the next deadline. all those idiots are going to kick the can down the road yet again.

what a clown show

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Kirkwood wrote:
February 8th is the next deadline. all those idiots are going to kick the can down the road yet again.

what a clown show

all the congress creatures on the sunday shows said they don't see another shutdown. They'll kick the can down the road.

Yes DACA needs to happen, but to shut the government down over it is a political loser for the Dems. Their internal polling showed that and that is why they were so quick to re-open the government after just 1 business day.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
Terry's Peeps wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Trump listened and said what he thought they wanted to hear. It does not matter if he can deliver or even if he ever intended to.

Politics.

Democrats need to get better at it.

had anybody but Hillary been the candidate, Trump would have lost. Not sure why this equals us being a bad party.

by us I mean democrats.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 361 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next