It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:53 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 361 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Shut It Down
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Sure joke. Shut the whole thing down over dreamers. Nothing was gonna happen to them tomorrow. Makes perfect sense.

Chuck Schumer might as well be Amy Schumer.

I do appreciate that he started off pretending that it was non-partisan.

I'm surprised there hasn't been a reference to the Democrats refusing to save CHIP yet. Pretty disgusting for them to deprive children of the health insurance the Republicans have been tirelessly trying to restore.

Last edited by ZephMarshack on Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:44 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Baby McNown wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Sure joke. Shut the whole thing down over dreamers. Nothing was gonna happen to them tomorrow. Makes perfect sense.

Which party is shutting it down?

Well, which party controls the House and Senate and White House and Supreme Court....

It’s the Dems in the senate with the DACA demands dumbass.

Republicans didn’t even get 50 votes in support. 5 Dems voted for it & 4 Republicans voted against it. But it’s the Dems fault.

OBAMA!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:58 pm 

pittmike wrote:
Baby McNown wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:

Well, which party controls the House and Senate and White House and Supreme Court....

It’s the Dems in the senate with the DACA demands dumbass.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
I honestly think that government employees deemed non-essential during a shutdown are probably employees who are non-essential when the government is not shut down and should see their roles eliminated accordingly.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:59 pm 

The NYT and AP headlines are both framing this as a Senate Dem induced shutdown. I don't think this is going to play as well as Chuckie thought it would. I won't be surprised if this game costs them the chance to flip the House and costs them a few Senate seats in deep red states

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:03 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
pittmike wrote:
Obama is president and it is Republicans fault for this stuff. Trump is president it’s his fault.

No can say to me what is so bad with shutting it down.

Republicans controlled congress then. Now they control congress and the WH. We need presidential leadership. Everyone is still waiting for him to pick a side. His instincts takes him the moderate way and then the far right gets in his ear and he does a 180.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:04 am 
100000 CLUB

Spaulding wrote:

Could you (not literally you) do that today?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:06 am 

This is not how the Dems wanted the narrative to go:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/19/us/p ... trump.html

It's hilarious watching all of the blue checkmark retards on Twitter bitch at the NYT for accurately telling what happened and not trying to push their narrative. :lol:

This will be a pretty short shutdown as the Dems will quickly realize they've lost the narrative. Cutting CHIP to save DACA is not a winning hand.

Last edited by Ogie Oglethorpe on Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:06 am 
100000 CLUB

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
pittmike wrote:

The funny thing is they had a bi-partisan agreement on this. McConnell, Ryan and Schumer. Trump was on board. Nazi Miller and Douchebag Cotton got to Trump at the last minute and killed it. As usual Trump listened to the last person he heard. Maybe if Fox and Friends had signed off on it, it would have passed.

It's happened a few times now. They need to lock the doors whenever they get an agreement with him because Nazi Miller and the far right always get him to change his mind.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:09 am 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
I honestly think that government employees deemed non-essential during a shutdown are probably employees who are non-essential when the government is not shut down and should see their roles eliminated accordingly.

That’s just dumb. Essential is not the same as useful. Essential employees take vacation and the company survives. That doesn’t mean they’re not important.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:15 am 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

That’s just dumb. Essential is not the same as useful. Essential employees take vacation and the company survives. That doesn’t mean they’re not important.

Most of the services you enjoy from government come from your state and local governments, not the Fed. The Federal government is one giant welfare queen, siphoning funds from people who actually work for a living. We should seriously start cutting it down to size. Seriously, we are now spending over double the amount we spent at the beginning of the Bush Administration. That far outpaces the average inflation rate of 2.02% per year during that same period (2001-2017). Most of that growth has been nothing more than a fucking waste of our money.

Just some stats to back up my point

2001 US Federal spending:
$1.863 trillion
2017 US Federal Spending
$4.147 trillion

Fuck the federal government.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:46 am 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

Most of the services you enjoy from government come from your state and local governments, not the Fed. The Federal government is one giant welfare queen, siphoning funds from people who actually work for a living. We should seriously start cutting it down to size. Seriously, we are now spending over double the amount we spent at the beginning of the Bush Administration. That far outpaces the average inflation rate of 2.02% per year during that same period (2001-2017). Most of that growth has been nothing more than a fucking waste of our money.

$1.863 trillion
2017 US Federal Spending
$4.147 trillion

And how much of that is from the crowd that had said that defcits don't matter over the last 37 years years when a sniveling republican was in residence? And had to cover interest payments

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:50 am 

Regular Reader wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

$1.863 trillion
2017 US Federal Spending
$4.147 trillion

And how much of that is from the crowd that had said that defcits don't matter over the last 37 years years when a sniveling republican was in residence? And had to cover interest payments

This period I cited covers both the Bush and Obama presidencies. Each them left office with a national debt that was approximately double what it was when they had entered so there is your answer. Neither party gives a damn about the national debt or out of control spending. They give it lip service when convenient, but when it's time to act they both spend like drunken sailors.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:58 am 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

$1.863 trillion
2017 US Federal Spending
$4.147 trillion

This period I cited covers both the Bush and Obama presidencies. Each them left office with a national debt that was approximately double what it was when they had entered so there is your answer. Neither party gives a damn about the national debt or out of control spending. They give it lip service when convenient, but when it's time to act they both spend like drunken sailors.

Obama oversaw the recovery from which federal spending was necessary and put the costs of the middle East catastrophes on the books, which his juvenile predecessor played parlor games with to soothe his bullshit supporters looking to embrace a whopping lie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:22 am 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Oh shit, what if we can't have a flyover during the Super Bowl?!?!?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:45 am 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
We need to disarm and sanction the United States before they hurt other countries that still have a chance.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:17 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Douchebag wrote:

First post best post

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:04 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
ZephMarshack wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
pittmike wrote:

I'm surprised there hasn't been a reference to the Democrats refusing to save CHIP yet. Pretty disgusting for them to deprive children of the health insurance the Republicans have been tirelessly trying to restore.

Yeah, there's plenty of cynical politics on both sides of the aisle. Republicans didn't give a shit about CHIP for six months and now they want to hang it on Democrats.

We'll see how the media plays this, but I'm not sure how the average American is going to see shutting his government down because the Democratic party wants to look out for foreign nationals that are here illegally. And I do think most people can sympathize with the "Dreamers" but the Democrats make it obvious that their interests go far beyond that and that the last thing they want is a tight border or any controls on immigration.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:35 am 

It seems to me that the only people in favor of the shutdown are Trump (who called FOR it months ago) and the hypocritical drains on society that spent $100k for his circle jerk in his gilded Florida outhouse.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:52 am 

pizza_Place: Local entrepreneurs only
pittmike wrote:

Fukin libtards. This is what hapens when they control everytin accept the white hose senate and congres.

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
You said "naked" and bearing breasts (which are reproductive organs and thus technically "genitals" are they not?) is "naked" for all intents and purposes.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:51 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
pittmike wrote:

Yeah, there's plenty of cynical politics on both sides of the aisle. Republicans didn't give a shit about CHIP for six months and now they want to hang it on Democrats.

We'll see how the media plays this, but I'm not sure how the average American is going to see shutting his government down because the Democratic party wants to look out for foreign nationals that are here illegally. And I do think most people can sympathize with the "Dreamers" but the Democrats make it obvious that their interests go far beyond that and that the last thing they want is a tight border or any controls on immigration.

Are you somehow under the impression that the Republicans somehow don't have interests that go far beyond those things?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:58 pm 
Site Admin

ZephMarshack wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
pittmike wrote:

Are you somehow under the impression that the Republicans somehow don't have interests that go far beyond those things?

I'm actually starting to get the impession that you don't know how to read.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:11 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Forgive me if I find that post rather akin to pittmike's performance in this thread. The usual both sides are so darn cynical complaint followed immediately by opprobrium for the Democrats specifically and their darn hidden interests on immigration policy. And of course the framing that they're the ones shutting down government when the Republicans weren't close to unified in the Senate anyway.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Local entrepreneurs only
ZephMarshack wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Forgive me if I find that post rather akin to pittmike's performance in this thread. The usual both sides are so darn cynical complaint followed immediately by opprobrium for the Democrats specifically and their darn hidden interests on immigration policy. And of course the framing that they're the ones shutting down government when the Republicans weren't close to unified in the Senate anyway.

Hey libtard. If u're party stoped obstructng thene maybe shit could get done. Instead u got mconel and Graham and McCain and Jeff flake shiting on the prez everyday and influecning they're colleagues to say no to Trump. Fukin libtards.

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
You said "naked" and bearing breasts (which are reproductive organs and thus technically "genitals" are they not?) is "naked" for all intents and purposes.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:26 pm 
Site Admin

ZephMarshack wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

You're obviously speaking from your mistaken impression of my beliefs rather than based on anything I actually wrote or have ever wrote.

It's a simple fact that shutting down the government based on what appears to be concern for people who are here illegally probably isn't going to play well outside a few sanctuary cities.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:35 pm 

Outside of the sanctuary cities, MANY like to think of themselves as family values voters. Fucking over 700-800k people who have lived here well and contributed to this country should cause them shame. Or at least pangs of conscience.

But it won't because of... :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:37 pm 
100000 CLUB

I guess 80%+ of people polled only want them to stay here in theory.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:38 pm 
Site Admin

Regular Reader wrote:
Outside of the sanctuary cities, MANY like to think of themselves as family values voters. Fucking over 700-800k people who have lived here well and contributed to this country should cause them shame. Or at least pangs of conscience.

That's all well and good, and as I said, I think most Americans sympathize with them, but there really shouldn't be opposition to protecting the borders.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:46 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

That's all well and good, and as I said, I think most Americans sympathize with them, but there really shouldn't be opposition to protecting the borders.

Schumer agreed to put Trump's request for (edit: just that) 1.8 billion into the deal. But MANY of the alternative facts crowd ignore that

Last edited by Regular Reader on Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 361 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next