Myself

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
beni hanna wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I'd say it's the fact that Americanism isn't defined by any specific ethnic background. Which is why shared values and culture are more important here than anywhere. This is an experiment that could easily break apart if we embrace typical tribal allegiances rather than our shared values.

I like the sound of it. What do you see as our shared values?

Sloth, ignorance and idolatry.

I was gonna say God, guns, and pussy, but that'll work.

Two out of three ain’t bad.

Seacrest knows what I’m talking about.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:54 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Baby McNown wrote:
The New York Jets.

Come on. I'm not letting get off that easy. Real answer.

Yosemite?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:50 am 

You can succeed in America regardless of who your dad is, who your mom is, what your past is.

Talent takes you further here than anywhere else known to man.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:05 am 

pizza_Place: Quonset
There's a black man with a black cat
Living in a black neighborhood
He's got an interstate running' through his front yard
You know, he thinks, he's got it so good
And there's a woman in the kitchen cleaning' up evening slop
And he looks at her and says:
Hey darling, I can remember when you could stop a clock

Oh but ain't that America, for you and me
Ain't that America, we're something to see baby
Ain't that America, home of the free, yeah
Little pink houses for you and me, oh for you and me

Well there's a young man in a T-shirt
Listenin' to a rock 'n' roll station
He's got a greasy hair, greasy smile
He says, Lord, this must be my destination
'Cause they told me, when I was younger
Sayin' boy, you're gonna be president
But just like everything else, those old crazy dreams
Just kinda came and went

Little pink houses, for you and me, oh baby for you and me

Well there's people and more people
What do they know, know, know
Go to work in some high rise
And vacation down at the Gulf of Mexico
Ooo yeah

And there's winners, and there's losers
But they ain't no big deal
'Cause the simple man baby pays the thrills,
The bills and the pills that kill

Little pink houses for you and me, ooo, ooo yeah

Ain't that America, for you and me
Ain't that America, hey we're something to see baby
Ain't that America, oh the home of the free,
Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah
Little pink houses babe for you and me, ooo yeah ooo yeah

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:52 am 

pizza_Place: John's
We sure used to be. We stood up for what was right! We fought for moral reasons, we passed and struck down laws for moral reasons. We waged wars on poverty, not poor people. We sacrificed, we cared about our neighbors, we put our money where our mouths were, and we never beat our chest. We built great big things, made ungodly technological advances, explored the universe, cured diseases, and cultivated the world's greatest artists and the world's greatest economy. We reached for the stars, and we acted like men. We aspired to intelligence; we didn't belittle it; it didn't make us feel inferior. We didn't identify ourselves by who we voted for in the last election, and we didn't scare so easy. And we were able to be all these things and do all these things because we were informed. By great men, men who were revered. The first step in solving any problem is recognizing there is one—America is not the greatest country in the world anymore.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:01 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Caller Bob wrote:
We sure used to be. We stood up for what was right! We fought for moral reasons, we passed and struck down laws for moral reasons. We waged wars on poverty, not poor people. We sacrificed, we cared about our neighbors, we put our money where our mouths were, and we never beat our chest. We built great big things, made ungodly technological advances, explored the universe, cured diseases, and cultivated the world's greatest artists and the world's greatest economy. We reached for the stars, and we acted like men. We aspired to intelligence; we didn't belittle it; it didn't make us feel inferior. We didn't identify ourselves by who we voted for in the last election, and we didn't scare so easy. And we were able to be all these things and do all these things because we were informed. By great men, men who were revered.

Then bigfan and denisdman left us and guys like Caller Bob and DannyB began posting a lot. Make CFMB great again.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:16 am 
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
We sure used to be. We stood up for what was right! We fought for moral reasons, we passed and struck down laws for moral reasons. We waged wars on poverty, not poor people. We sacrificed, we cared about our neighbors, we put our money where our mouths were, and we never beat our chest. We built great big things, made ungodly technological advances, explored the universe, cured diseases, and cultivated the world's greatest artists and the world's greatest economy. We reached for the stars, and we acted like men. We aspired to intelligence; we didn't belittle it; it didn't make us feel inferior. We didn't identify ourselves by who we voted for in the last election, and we didn't scare so easy. And we were able to be all these things and do all these things because we were informed. By great men, men who were revered.

Then bigfan and denisdman left us and guys like Caller Bob and DannyB began posting a lot. Make CFMB great again.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:22 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
We sure used to be. We stood up for what was right! We fought for moral reasons, we passed and struck down laws for moral reasons. We waged wars on poverty, not poor people. We sacrificed, we cared about our neighbors, we put our money where our mouths were, and we never beat our chest. We built great big things, made ungodly technological advances, explored the universe, cured diseases, and cultivated the world's greatest artists and the world's greatest economy. We reached for the stars, and we acted like men. We aspired to intelligence; we didn't belittle it; it didn't make us feel inferior. We didn't identify ourselves by who we voted for in the last election, and we didn't scare so easy. And we were able to be all these things and do all these things because we were informed. By great men, men who were revered. The first step in solving any problem is recognizing there is one—America is not the greatest country in the world anymore.

I agree with a lot of what is said here.

But what country is the greatest in the world?

As bad as things are or could be, I dont see any other country that is better. I have traveled to several and none of them compare.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:29 am 

RFDC wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

As bad as things are or could be, I dont see any other country that is better. I have traveled to several and none of them compare.

:lol:

It’s a dumb Sorkin speech from The Newsroom.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:52 pm 

That there can be something accepted in this country called goat yoga. And apparently upper & middle income women in Nashville (?) with more money than brains are paying for yoga classes where goats climb on, then walk across their backs.

Then these clueless bimbos convince each other of the benefits.

Oh wait, you said "great". Never mind.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:28 pm 

pizza_Place: My own
We are so wealthy that being homeless here is basically a choice. That is despite the fact that we have less social safety nets and regulation than most of the developed world.

If a person is willing to work hard and make good decisions, they can earn a living that would make most of the planet blush.

We have a sophisticated and mostly fair legal system, immense wealth, a culture of freedom, and ample opportunity to help others and lead a meaningful life.

America has problems, but if someone wants to act like it isn't an amazing place to live in an amazing time relative to the rest of human history, he's probably a miserable bastard.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
storkinastorm wrote:
We are so wealthy that being homeless here is basically a choice. That is despite the fact that we have less social safety nets and regulation than most of the developed world.

I'm pretty sure that's not true.

I like the culture of freedom idea, though. I wonder if everyone feels this way. (I don't know if they do or if they do not.)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Caller Bob wrote:

Satisfied?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:07 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

It's a great speech from The Newsroom!

I watched the episode again last night because of this thread.

As an aside, every time I see storkinastorm post, I think it's sorkinstorm.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Terry's Peeps wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

It's a great speech from The Newsroom!

I watched the episode again last night because of this thread.

As an aside, every time I see storkinastorm post, I think it's sorkinstorm.

Mind blown. I’ve always thought it was sorkinstorm. I just had to scroll up and read it.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:15 pm 

The board simply didn’t notice. Neither did I. I mean, seriously, how often do you really look at a man’s t’s?

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:22 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
The board simply didn’t notice. Neither did I. I mean, seriously, how often do you really look at a man’s t’s?

If leash was here, he'd have noticed the low t.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
FavreFan wrote:

Right around the time Peeps was spilling his little secret, a poster no one had heard of was strolling into the B&G section. All told, storkinastorm left town with just over half a million posts.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:24 pm 

pizza_Place: My own
You know, the funny thing is, on the outside my name was easily understood, always pronounced right. I had to come to a message board for somebody to fuck it up.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:49 pm 

Eaglo Ogie over here

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:52 pm 

Does sorkinastorm mean something? I'm confused.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:58 pm 

storkinastorm wrote:
You know, the funny thing is, on the outside my name was easily understood, always pronounced right. I had to come to a message board for somebody to fuck it up.

Nice.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:13 pm 

storkinastorm wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:18 am 

Dan Bernstein.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:47 pm 

The Galloping Ghost arcade. I'm not into video games at all, but the nostalgia there is cool.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:35 am 

Our losers flee to even shittier countries.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:37 am 

Football.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:11 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Our corporate overlords.