It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:41 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hatewatching
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:44 am 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
I am viewing Pioneer Woman's cooking show... she says things that just aren't true and then goes off on these stupid stories that are so canned and flat, but I find I can't turn it off because I am waiting for the next stupid thing she does. Anyone else have shows like this that they can't turn off?

Edit: She calls the "Big Game" USC vs ASU.

Post subject: Re: Hatewatching
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:50 am 

pizza_Place: Il-Forno in Deerfield
That's how I felt whenever I saw Dr. Phil.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:55 am 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
Ancient Aliens
CNN
MSNBC

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:03 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
MANY hate listen to B&G

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:32 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Frank Coztansa wrote:
MANY hate listen to B&G

I'll never understand this masochist behavior. Golic, Goff, and Trump are my immediate PTFB.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:54 am 

I get stuck watching a lot of shows I despise in order to build family rapport. They really like those abc comedies that come on one after the other: the middle, modern family, blackish and off the boat.

I have an irrational hate that mom from the middle who used to be ray romano's tv wife.

Modern family seems like a much different show than the one I enjoyed at the beginning. We get it, you have two gay characters and at least a couple others who are in the closet.

blackish is the one I enjoy the most because it is edgy. Sure, they say shit that would get a "white" show thrown off the air by the concerned citizen set but that doesn't bug me. It has the heart of great 70s sitcoms. I know the mom isn't hot but there is something hot about how she plays that role. Unfortunately I think it is going to be like The Cosby Show where it is revered in its time but then mocked as unrepresentative by future generations. The one complaint I might have is that, unlike in the 70s sitcoms where ignorant thoughts were held up for ridicule and laughs, the occasional ignorant thought in this show seems to go unresponded to with some truth.

Off the boat just isn't funny. I gave it a shot. The father gives me the creeps and I hate the kids.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:41 am 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
good dolphin wrote:
I get stuck watching a lot of shows I despise in order to build family rapport. They really like those abc comedies that come on one after the other: the middle, modern family, blackish and off the boat.

I have an irrational hate that mom from the middle who used to be ray romano's tv wife.

Modern family seems like a much different show than the one I enjoyed at the beginning. We get it, you have two gay characters and at least a couple others who are in the closet.

blackish is the one I enjoy the most because it is edgy. Sure, they say shit that would get a "white" show thrown off the air by the concerned citizen set but that doesn't bug me. It has the heart of great 70s sitcoms. I know the mom isn't hot but there is something hot about how she plays that role. Unfortunately I think it is going to be like The Cosby Show where it is revered in its time but then mocked as unrepresentative by future generations. The one complaint I might have is that, unlike in the 70s sitcoms where ignorant thoughts were held up for ridicule and laughs, the occasional ignorant thought in this show seems to go unresponded to with some truth.

Off the boat just isn't funny. I gave it a shot. The father gives me the creeps and I hate the kids.

They mock The Cosby Show now? Thank goodness. That show sucked. Maybe I saw the five or six episodes that were awful, but I never laughed.

My word--that final sentence was a doozy.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:47 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
The Cosby show helped make the black family acceptable to white America. That was HUGE.

My problem with most of these shows is their focus on upper middle class families. Most of America isn't upper middle class.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:52 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Nas wrote:
The Cosby show helped make the black family acceptable to white America. That was HUGE.

My problem with most of these shows is their focus on upper middle class families. Most of America isn't upper middle class.

We need a modern Good Times. Amirite?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:56 am 
100000 CLUB

pittmike wrote:
Nas wrote:

Doesn't even need to be a black family.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:59 am 

pizza_Place: John's
This is Us. Are we supposed to feel bad for that fat whiny bitch that got her dad killed over a dog?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:01 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
This is Us. Are we supposed to feel bad for that fat whiny bitch that got her dad killed over a dog?

Never watched a min of that show and do not plan to. From the social media postings I see from people I have no idea why anyone would want to watch such trash

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:06 am 

Nas wrote:

I don't want to laugh with poor people. I want to laugh at poor people.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:09 am 

RFDC wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Never watched a min of that show and do not plan to. From the social media postings I see from people I have no idea why anyone would want to watch such trash

The concept of the show was good, but the content(stories) just suck. That said they are killing it in ratings I guess.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:11 am 
100000 CLUB

RFDC wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Lady Nas hasn't mixed a second. While I was talking about the greatness of Tom Brady all weekend she was looking forward to the Super Bowl ending so she could watch this show.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:59 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
It's not terrible. My wife watches it so I've seen about half of the episodes. Some of the acting is really good. I wouldn't say I like it, but it's definitely something I can deal with being on.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Nas wrote:

I don't want to laugh with poor people. I want to laugh at poor people.

It's a moral failing, after all.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:55 pm 

Nas wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Nas wrote:

Wasn't that Roseanne?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:58 pm 

The Curse of Oak Island.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:59 pm 

newper wrote:
I am viewing Pioneer Woman's cooking show... she says things that just aren't true and then goes off on these stupid stories that are so canned and flat, but I find I can't turn it off because I am waiting for the next stupid thing she does. Anyone else have shows like this that they can't turn off?

Edit: She calls the "Big Game" USC vs ASU.

I actually watch that show for laughs, especially when she talks about Tex-Mex cooking. Or anything remotely "ethnic"

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
conns7901 wrote:
The Curse of Oak Island.

secont. It's painfully obvious with 4 episodes left that this will end just like the other seasons.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
pittmike wrote:
Nas wrote:

yeah, see I agree that it's not representative, but if you do a truly representative show, doesn't everyone just get depressed? Roseanne used to completely depress me.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:24 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
It's not terrible. My wife watches it so I've seen about half of the episodes. Some of the acting is really good. I wouldn't say I like it, but it's definitely something I can deal with being on.

^^^^

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Nas wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Lady Nas hasn't mixed a second. While I was talking about the greatness of Tom Brady all weekend she was looking forward to the Super Bowl ending so she could watch this show.

Mrs Scoprio also couldn't wait to watch the episode last night. I made fun of it as per usual but I was reserved and I let her have the death scene to cry over. I was impressed that they had actual game footage of the SB on the TVs in the show. Not sure how they were able to add that in so quickly.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:32 pm 

The Middle tries to portray them as poor, but they are more like lower middle class than poor.

If you want to see poor people you need to watch reality tv. Many of those people are virtually homeless.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
IU basketball and Cubs baseball (although to be fair I get enjoyment rooting for the opposition)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Caller Bob wrote:

saw it for the first time last night. Jack was a dumbass. Why am I supposed to feel sorry that he died after being a dumbass? Give him a Darwin Award

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:36 pm 
100000 CLUB

Regular Reader wrote:
Nas wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Nas wrote:

Wasn't that Roseanne?

They were definitely middle class and touched on a couple divisive social issues. That's a show that MANY can relate to. I could get behind a show that's somewhere between that and Good Times. I think there are a lot of truths that MANY don't understand and a network show like that could be helpful.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
IU basketball and Cubs baseball

That's my regular watch :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:38 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

saw it for the first time last night. Jack was a dumbass. Why am I supposed to feel sorry that he died after being a dumbass? Give him a Darwin Award

In the one room, he should have kicked out the window and threw the wife/other kid out. Then ran to the fatty's room.. kicked that window out and threw her(and himself) down. It's not fucking rocket science, right?