It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:10 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Hatewatching
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:41 pm 

So he died in a fire? IMU's new favorite show.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Caller Bob wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
This is Us. Are we supposed to feel bad for that fat whiny bitch that got her dad killed over a dog?

saw it for the first time last night. Jack was a dumbass. Why am I supposed to feel sorry that he died after being a dumbass? Give him a Darwin Award

In the one room, he should have kicked out the window and threw the wife other kid out. Then ran to the fatty's room.. kicked that window out and threw her(and himself) down. It's not fucking rocket science, right?

yeah, instead he has to run through a flaming hallway, which is filled with smoke (superheated gases) that would've singed his lungs in that hallway and knocked him down right then and there. The only reason firefighters can do it is that they have a mask and breathing apparatus. There is absolutely no way he would've made it to that front bedroom let alone made it through the house after getting back in. He'd be found dead in that upstairs hallway.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Caller Bob wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
This is Us. Are we supposed to feel bad for that fat whiny bitch that got her dad killed over a dog?

saw it for the first time last night. Jack was a dumbass. Why am I supposed to feel sorry that he died after being a dumbass? Give him a Darwin Award

In the one room, he should have kicked out the window and threw the wife other kid out. Then ran to the fatty's room.. kicked that window out and threw her(and himself) down. It's not fucking rocket science, right?

No shit! He said 'its too high to go out the window here'. Its better than a damn volcano :lol: :lol:

When he went back in for the dog I literally laughed out loud. I'd beat a dog to death with another dog in front of my kids rather than go into a burning house to save any of my dogs. Let alone a fucking picture album.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:42 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Not immediately. But between trying to rescue fatty and the dog, he inhaled a lot of smoke, went to the emergency room and went into cardiac arrest. The story is told through the prism of his wife, Mandy Moore, who somehow manages to avoid aging over a span of 20 years.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:43 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

yeah, instead he has to run through a flaming hallway, which is filled with smoke (superheated gases) that would've singed his lungs in that hallway and knocked him down right then and there. The only reason firefighters can do it is that they have a mask and breathing apparatus. There is absolutely no way he would've made it to that front bedroom let alone made it through the house after getting back in. He'd be found dead in that upstairs hallway.

So the tears in Lady Nas eyes wasn't because she was happy to see me out of the shower?

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:44 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

No he had a heart attack

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:44 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

No shit! He said 'its too high to go out the window here'. Its better than a damn volcano :lol: :lol:

When he went back in for the dog I literally laughed out loud. I'd beat a dog to death with another dog in front of my kids rather than go into a burning house to save any of my dogs. Let alone a fucking picture album.

Yeah, jumping out the window there would lead to some light to moderate injuries, perhaps no real injuries if you really know how to land it and get a bit of luck. That's exactly what you are supposed to do on a 2nd story fire if your escape is blocked. It's not ideal, but you'll live.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:45 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:

It was a prairie style house design, so it wasn't even that high of drop. At worst it would have been a broken arm/leg. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:46 pm 

The best was the flaming mattress shield. This highly flammable heavy object will surely keep us safe.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:47 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
The best was the flaming mattress shield. This highly flammable heavy object will surely keep us safe.

plus he is breathing in smoke that has to be a few hundred degrees (at least) :lol:

As I said, in reality he doesn't even make it to the front bedroom with that "genius" idea. Firefighters would find his charred corpse in the hallway

If you are going to be in a hallway, you get low to the ground so that most of the smoke and superheated gases are above you. yes there were superheated gases in that fire as the front bedroom flashes over shortly after he re-enters it.

Last edited by Ogie Oglethorpe on Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:48 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:

Dan Bernstein wrote:
Yeah, Mattress quality wasn't as advanced as it is now.

Caller Bob wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Not immediately. But between trying to rescue fatty and the dog, he inhaled a lot of smoke, went to the emergency room and went into cardiac arrest. The story is told through the prism of his wife, Mandy Moore, who somehow manages to avoid aging over a span of 20 years.
He would have lived if we had single payer healthcare.

100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Hank Scorpio wrote:

:lol:

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

Caller Bob wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

It was a prairie style house design, so it wasn't even that high of drop. At worst it would have been a broken arm/leg. :lol:

Shit. He whipped up that prison escape bedsheet rope in about 15 seconds. Why not do that for fatty in the high window?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:49 pm 
100000 CLUB

Sounds like I'm the only guy who refused to watch the show.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:49 pm 

:lol: reading these posts make me feel really good about my commitment to never watching a second of this show

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:50 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:

Flaming James Shield would be a great mult but Douchebag would probably mess it up worse than Joe Bore Rod.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:51 pm 

Nas wrote:

Usually she watches when I'm not around because I shit on it but this time she had to watch it live for the big reveal.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:53 pm 
100000 CLUB

Hank Scorpio wrote:
Nas wrote:

Usually she watches when I'm not around because I shit on it but this time she had to watch it live for the big reveal.

Did she mumble about the Super Bowl commercial too?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:56 pm 

Nas wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
Nas wrote:

Did she mumble about the Super Bowl commercial too?

We left the party after halftime so we missed that one and the Dirty Dancing one. She was not pleased.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:04 pm 

So he was ultimately killed by a malfunctioning crock pot on Super Bowl Sunday?

Frank's suggestion to buy uncooked wings and have someone cook it at a different house looking like a genius move.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:05 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Frank's suggestion to buy uncooked wings and have someone cook it at a different house looking like a genius move.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

/thread

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:06 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Touch em' all Brick..you'll never hit a bigger one!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Bianchis
Regular Reader wrote:
Nas wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Nas wrote:
The Cosby show helped make the black family acceptable to white America. That was HUGE.

My problem with most of these shows is their focus on upper middle class families. Most of America isn't upper middle class.

We need a modern Good Times. Amirite?

Doesn't even need to be a black family.

Wasn't that Roseanne?

Sort of. Married with Children was the better representation of lower income America, though. Al was a loser, but unlike a lot of CBS shows where the dad is a loser but the mom is a saint, in MWC, Peg was just as bad as Al.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:15 pm 
100000 CLUB

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:52 pm 

I have to admit to hate watching CNBC over the last few days and listening to these corporate shills prove that ultimately they know nothing.

But they got the banana republican points and have stopped blaming the alleged rise in wages

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:57 pm 
100000 CLUB

Regular Reader wrote:
I have to admit to hate watching CNBC over the last few days and listening to these corporate shills prove that ultimately they know nothing.

But they got the banana republican points and have stopped blaming the alleged rise in wages

They're telling us to expect a 10 to 20 percent market correction.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:58 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:

well indirectly the rise in wages plays a role as it pushes the Fed to raise rates. The fact is that the last decade has represented the longest period of a low Federal funds rate. the rise in wages is the type of signal that the Fed uses when deciding to raise rates as otherwise rising wages will put pressure on inflation. This is basic Macro 101. I bitch about the Fed a lot, but admittedly raising rates at this time would be the correct call.

What the analysts on CNBC are saying is 100% correct. We have been living off of incredibly low interest rates and obviously that period is coming to an end. I'm just glad I locked up my mortgage while it was still under 4% for a 30 year fixed.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:02 pm 

Nas wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

They're telling us to expect a 10 to 20 percent market correction.

Short term (next few months) I'd say 5-10% correction will occur. I'd say the S&P 500 probably ends the year at 3000 to 3200. It really went up a ton in January (it was up about 7.5%) with really no reason. Annually you should anticipate an average rise of 8% per year. It would be realistic to say this S&P should be up 10-12% this year when we hit December 31st.

When the Fed actually does step in to raise rates, you won't see too much of an impact on the market as this move is already in anticipation of that.

Bookmark this post and revisit it at the end of the year. Let's see how right/wrong I am.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:08 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

well indirectly the rise in wages plays a role as it pushes the Fed to raise rates. The fact is that the last decade has represented the longest period of a low Federal funds rate. the rise in wages is the type of signal that the Fed uses when deciding to raise rates as otherwise rising wages will put pressure on inflation. This is basic Macro 101. I bitch about the Fed a lot, but admittedly raising rates at this time would be the correct call.

What the analysts on CNBC are saying is 100% correct. We have been living off of incredibly low interest rates and obviously that period is coming to an end. I'm just glad I locked up my mortgage while it was still under 4% for a 30 year fixed.

Trust me I get the influence, but to hear these goofs now prattle on is more pathetic than watching guys at a craps table.

At least the straight gamblers aren't the frauds that self appointed numbers guys are. I've never seen a 2100 point drop, or guys begging for circuit breakers. And they don't get it.