It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:56 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Kevin Nicholson?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Spaulding wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
If I had a son who played for the Cubs I'd hope he struck out every time he came up.

JORR DiCaro over here.

:lol:[/quote]

Good Spaulding over here....

:P

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:21 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Spaulding wrote:
If he played for the Packers I'd be Spaulding green and gold with go pack bumper stickers.

If I had a son who played for the Cubs I'd hope he struck out every time he came up.
Your kid would be lucky to be as bad as Kyle Schwarber.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Spaulding wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

JORR DiCaro over here.

:lol:

:P[/quote]

I even tried to edit it and couldn't get it right. I give up.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:59 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Spaulding wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

JORR DiCaro over here.

:lol:

:P

I even tried to edit it and couldn't get it right. I give up.[/quote]

consider it a compliment

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:28 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Spaulding wrote:
Nas wrote:

I did. You were just more interested in reliving things that you are wrong about. Bottom line is that you should support your child dreams and at the very least do no harm to them. I think we both hate the Packers but I would like to believe that if our child played for them we would wear the green and yellow and even root for them when they played the Bears. #FamilyFirst

For the last 18 months you have largely perpetuated the idea that anybody in the Republican party is awful, immoral, and at times any theoretical defense of the way our country is suppose to work is a defense of Trump (at least this is what it seems like to me). Furthermore, any support or vote for Trump is completely absurd or completely unreasonable. Now some parents who donate to the Democratic party are douchebags? This is the bridge too far? You can't figure out why or how we got here?

I read your article and another (really long) one. https://www.politico.com/magazine/story ... rat-215631 I have no idea what politico is other than it was the first article that came up when I googled his name and I didn't want to go further in searching because it was so long to read. He seems pretty moderate. I'd prefer that's how we voted moderate Democrat or moderate Republican, unfortunately that's not how it works anymore.

If this guy were a racist, bigoted, misogynist I wouldn't vote or support him, son or not. I can disapprove of somebody's values or platform and still love them - even unconditionally and thru disappointment. If he played for the Packers I'd be Spaulding green and gold with go pack bumper stickers. Family is more important than some things.

If the parents donated or vote against him solely because he is a Republican then they are douchebags. If they donate or vote against him because they don't believe in what he stands for I can't blame them. I didn't make an assumption what this is a case. I could not vote for or support somebody that would pass laws that I found unfair or would not want to abide by, family or not. I have several family members I disagree with politically. I wouldn't want their liberal or conservative agendas passed, it doesn't mean I don't love them, it doesn't mean I'm not being supportive, it doesn't mean I don't want to see them succeed.

I don't know what you think I am reliving or what I'm wrong about. I don't think you having blind loyalty for a child is wrong even if it can lead to a certain amount of misguidedness. I don't think there is always a right or wrong. Sometimes there are different opinions/choices that lead to different outcomes. This is what I believe we have lost site of here and as a country.

You should probably actually read MY posts. That way you don't have to create a version of Nas that doesn't exist. I've never made statements like that about republicans. In fact I probably have praised Republican politicians more over the past 12 months than Democrats. I've literally said for more than 18 months that I understand why MANY support the president. This may shock you too but I even said MANY times I did NOT think the overwhelming majority of Trump voters were racist. I even argued until late December that Trump wasn't racist. I know that really has to blow your mind.

Thanks for getting around to answering the original question. It appears that we are mostly in agreement.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:10 am 

Nas wrote:

You should probably actually read MY posts. That way you don't have to create a version of Nas that doesn't exist. I've never made statements like that about republicans. In fact I probably have praised Republican politicians more over the past 12 months than Democrats. I've literally said for more than 18 months that I understand why MANY support the president. This may shock you too but I even said MANY times I did NOT think the overwhelming majority of Trump voters were racist. I even argued until late December that Trump wasn't racist. I know that really has to blow your mind.

Thanks for getting around to answering the original question. It appears that we are mostly in agreement.

I have read your posts. I have a completely different view of your posts than you have of your posts. I missed all the praise. You stated

1) I probably have praised Republican politicians more over the past 12 months than Democrats.
2) I've literally said for more than 18 months that I understand why MANY support the president.
3) I even said MANY times I did NOT think the overwhelming majority of Trump voters were racist. I even argued until late December that Trump wasn't racist.

I don't see this in your posts unless the many that support the president are racist, horrible, or hypocrites. You wanted to run in front of a truck. viewtopic.php?f=47&t=103546&p=2605617&hilit=honest#p2605617 Or stab them and that was within a few weeks of the election. You cite "Trumpet" ans "sad" quite a bit.

what if in this discussion I started screaming misogyny! or mansplaining! or sexist! and just kept going?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:15 am 
100000 CLUB

Spaulding wrote:
Nas wrote:

I have read your posts. I have a completely different view of your posts than you have of your posts. I missed all the praise. You stated

1) I probably have praised Republican politicians more over the past 12 months than Democrats.
2) I've literally said for more than 18 months that I understand why MANY support the president.
3) I even said MANY times I did NOT think the overwhelming majority of Trump voters were racist. I even argued until late December that Trump wasn't racist.

I don't see this in your posts unless the many that support the president are racist, horrible, or hypocrites. You wanted to run in front of a truck. viewtopic.php?f=47&t=103546&p=2605617&hilit=honest#p2605617 Or stab them and that was within a few weeks of the election. You cite "Trumpet" ans "sad" quite a bit.

what if in this discussion I started screaming misogyny! or mansplaining! or sexist! and just kept going?

Clearly you haven't. You've decided that I am some Democrat loving black guy that calls everyone racist and all the other crap you listed. Fortunately for you the search function has worked for the past 18 months and no one has deleted my posts.

If your smoking gun is me describing the bigotry that was being spewed by some men in my family you're going to have a long day.

Slandering me more than covers it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:33 am 

Nas wrote:

You've decided that I am some Democrat loving black guy that calls everyone racist and all the other crap you listed.

Your words, not mine and I don't feel that way. If this is the direction you want to take the discussion that is you prerogative but I will choose to not be a part of it any longer.

I don't blame or begrudge anyone's vote or their feelings on Donald Trump. I see why he is hated, I see why he is loved and I see why some felt they had no other choice.

I don't have a smoking gun. You said "Both told me they like Trump because he's honest. I thought I was being punked." That's not describing the bigotry that was being spewed by some men in my family that's you not accepting an answer that you don't agree with.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:58 am 
100000 CLUB

Spaulding wrote:
Nas wrote:

You've decided that I am some Democrat loving black guy that calls everyone racist and all the other crap you listed.

Your words, not mine and I don't feel that way. If this is the direction you want to take the discussion that is you prerogative but I will choose to not be a part of it any longer.

I don't blame or begrudge anyone's vote or their feelings on Donald Trump. I see why he is hated, I see why he is loved and I see why some felt they had no other choice.

I don't have a smoking gun. You said "Both told me they like Trump because he's honest. I thought I was being punked." That's not describing the bigotry that was being spewed by some men in my family that's you not accepting an answer that you don't agree with.

Let's not try to be a victim when you've spent the last week slandering me and I've generally ignored it.

Some things you've clearly missed or simply ignored because they didn't fit your version of Nas:

1. I've praised Kasich before the 2016 primaries and I've continued doing it since then. He's even in my signature. If you've missed my opinion of HW then you probably haven't read my posts in 13 years. I've created multiple threads praising McCain. I've called Theodore Roosevelt a top 3 president. I've praised W and Romney multiple times over the past year. I didn't question Comey's motives for sending Congress a letter about Hillary prior to the election and I challenged MANY who now question the integrity of our DOJ and intelligence community that's mostly Republican. Biden is likely the only democrat I've consistently praised in well over a year.

2. From the time I went to the Trump rally in early 2016 I've continually said that I understood the reasons why MANY supported Trump and it wasn't because they were racist.

3 The only time I agreed to a percentage it was 5%. viewtopic.php?f=47&t=103189&p=2599715&hilit=Not+racist#p2599715

Nas wrote:
I don't believe Trump believes the shit he says but he knows it sales.

viewtopic.php?f=47&t=106343&hilit=Not+racist&start=5880

Maybe you should continue reading MY posts and you'll stumble across my posts about their bigotry or you can continue to do what you've been doing.

Do better!