It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 10:37 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 846 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 29  Next
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:53 am 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
One Post wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
The Bill of Rights is a fantastic document and I personally cherish those rights and would not part with any of them if it made me more safe and secure. What's the point of safety and security if you have no liberty?

Why are you not rioting in the streets today over the infringement of the 6th amendment that occurs hundreds of millions of times a year?

Have you not seen the posts I've made in other threads about how I believe our current justice system is rigged? Especially when cops can plant evidence with impunity and we are supposed to accept the word of a cop as the truth when they testify on the stand?

Are you going to bring up the 4th Amendment next? If you do I also was happy when someone tried to shoot up the NSA yesterday.

You were happy when someone tried to shoot up the NSA huh?

This gets back to something that I posted in a different thread.

The reason you are such a fervent defender of the 2nd amendment is that you view things through a prism of violence. That's your solution to things. The 2nd amendment is predicated on violence against other persons, justifiable or not. It's an amendment centered around permissible access to instruments of violence.

This is you. You don't rant about restrictions on the 1st amendment, you don't rant about restrictions on the 6th amendment, both of which have vastly more restrictions on them than the 2nd amendment. You don't care as much about those amendments because they aren't inherently about violence.

You're the same guy who continues to repeat that the 2nd amendment is "The" firewall against tyranny. NO, it's not. That's just your view, because you view violence as the answer. If you asked Martin Luther King what the firewall against tyranny was, he'd tell you the 1st amendment. This is who you are, someone who views the world through a prism of violence, and violence as the first solution to use.

Happy that someone tried to shoot up the NSA? You're honestly a sick person, but again, this is your worldview, violence as the answer. If you don't like the NSA, here are some options.

1. Work to expose the NSA for the abusive organization you think it is. You can use freedom of the press, freedom of assembly, freedom of speech to achieve these goals.
2. Become violent against the NSA.

Your option is #2 because that is who you are, a violent person. Maybe you've always been this way, maybe you have anger issues. Maybe you should save a few bucks on the next pointless gun you are going to buy and seek some therapy.

Honestly, you are sick individual. Fucking sick.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:54 am 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
Hatchetman wrote:
they COULD nuke 90% of America, but that would be the only way they could wipe out armed resistance in rural America. The lack of understanding of rural culture here is astounding.

Rural understanding of urban America is really no better.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:54 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
Drunk Squirrel wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:
they COULD nuke 90% of America, but that would be the only way they could wipe out armed resistance in rural America. The lack of understanding of rural culture here is astounding.

I concur.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Bianchis
Drunk Squirrel wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

I think I get what you and Hatchet are saying. All liberals should be in city fortresses with an overlord, like Dennis Hopper in Land of the Dead. Then conservatives can wander about aimlessly throughout the rest of the country as zombies. I am with you on that.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:06 pm 

SuperMario wrote:
Drunk Squirrel wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

I think I get what you and Hatchet are saying. All liberals should be in city fortresses with an overlord, like Dennis Hopper in Land of the Dead. Then conservatives can wander about aimlessly throughout the rest of the country as zombies. I am with you on that.

That was a terrible fucking movie.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
One Post wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
One Post wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
The Bill of Rights is a fantastic document and I personally cherish those rights and would not part with any of them if it made me more safe and secure. What's the point of safety and security if you have no liberty?

Why are you not rioting in the streets today over the infringement of the 6th amendment that occurs hundreds of millions of times a year?

Have you not seen the posts I've made in other threads about how I believe our current justice system is rigged? Especially when cops can plant evidence with impunity and we are supposed to accept the word of a cop as the truth when they testify on the stand?

Are you going to bring up the 4th Amendment next? If you do I also was happy when someone tried to shoot up the NSA yesterday.

The reason you are such a fervent defender of the 2nd amendment is that you view things through a prism of violence. That's your solution to things. The 2nd amendment is predicated on violence against other persons, justifiable or not. It's an amendment centered around permissible access to instruments of violence.

This is you. You don't rant about restrictions on the 1st amendment, you don't rant about restrictions on the 6th amendment, both of which have vastly more restrictions on them than the 2nd amendment. You don't care as much about those amendments because they aren't inherently about violence.

You're the same guy who continues to repeat that the 2nd amendment is "The" firewall against tyranny. NO, it's not. That's just your view, because you view violence as the answer. If you asked Martin Luther King what the firewall against tyranny was, he'd tell you the 1st amendment. This is who you are, someone who views the world through a prism of violence, and violence as the first solution to use.

Happy that someone tried to shoot up the NSA? You're honestly a sick person, but again, this is your worldview, violence as the answer. If you don't like the NSA, here are some options.

1. Work to expose the NSA for the abusive organization you think it is. You can use freedom of the press, freedom of assembly, freedom of speech to achieve these goals.

Your option is #2 because that is who you are, a violent person. Maybe you've always been this way, maybe you have anger issues. Maybe you should save a few bucks on the next pointless gun you are going to buy and seek some therapy.

I can give you a long answer or a short answer. I'll give you the short answer for now, but if you want, I will also give you the long one.

You can call me violent if you want, but I have never committed an act of violence, I do not ever intend to commit an act of violence, and I would be very happy to see that continue the rest of my life. I do however believe I reserve the right to do so in defense of my life, liberty, and property if so threatened. I do also believe that the collective ability of millions of Americans to own firearms serves as a larger deterrent against further abuses.

As for exposing the NSA, ask Mr. Snowden how that worked out and tell me if you honestly think he changed how they operate.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Without the 2nd amendment some of the other ones are easily taken away.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:19 pm 

Spaulding wrote:

Which ones?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Amato's
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Peter Puck wrote:
[

I'm not a lawyer...

FFS. Well, that at least explains a lot of your specious legal analysis on this board.

Yeah but you thought I was, which leads me to believe that, like Reader, you're using "specious legal analysis" to mean "stuff I disagreed with". :lol:

Now what goes into "reporting" someone to the FBI?

I only thought you were because you talk out your ass so much here on legal issues and most of it is awful (which the legal community is not necessarily immune to). Now I know to completely discount your BS.

Here is a report on what purportedly exactly here: https://www.buzzfeed.com/briannasacks/the-fbi-was-warned-about-a-school-shooting-threat-from?utm_term=.gmALJOBxD#.ou6EV56O0 Yeah, the FBI screwed the pooch.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Bianchis
Douchebag wrote:
SuperMario wrote:
Drunk Squirrel wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

That was a terrible fucking movie.

Yeah. Dennis Hopper was the only good thing about that movie.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Peter Puck wrote:
Peter Puck wrote:
[

I'm not a lawyer...

FFS. Well, that at least explains a lot of your specious legal analysis on this board.

Yeah but you thought I was, which leads me to believe that, like Reader, you're using "specious legal analysis" to mean "stuff I disagreed with". :lol:

I only thought you were because you talk out your ass so much here on legal issues and most of it is awful (which the legal community is not necessarily immune to). Now I know to completely discount your BS.

So "stuff I disagree with". Thanks, counsel.

Peter Puck wrote:
Here is a report on what purportedly exactly here: https://www.buzzfeed.com/briannasacks/the-fbi-was-warned-about-a-school-shooting-threat-from?utm_term=.gmALJOBxD#.ou6EV56O0 Yeah, the FBI screwed the pooch.

Nothing in there details how reporting something to the FBI pertains to a background check for purchasing a firearm. That is, unless you mean that a YouTube comment from an account sharing the name of the shooter should have shown up in a background check of the shooter, and disqualified him from purchasing a firearm, to which I reply: :lol:

Peter Puck wrote:
you know more goes into it once a report is made. There was more than enough here and that is what the b/g check is for.

What exactly happened here that should have shown up on a background check? You profess to know, but so far have shown nothing. I hope you don't practice this way, maybe that's why you come off as so frustrated and indignant?

Last edited by Juice's Lecture Notes on Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:27 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
I can actually understand how an individual Palestinian may feel and why many would be drawn to terrorism. Would it shock you if I told you I understand the rationale? I would say though in reality it is their leaders are the ones who have really let them down as their own leadership is the biggest obstacle to them having their own free state, which has been offered on multiple cases.

That's all I'll say in regards to that here though as I really don't want to derail it too much.

No, it would not shock me. However, one would think you would be more outspoken against the IDF and the Israeli government if you were to apply your anti-cop, anti-US military, anti-Spain and pro-Bundy logic that I've seen. I'll concede that maybe you are and I have not seen it (as I am not a regular here), but I have not seen it here where it could have included it in some of your posts.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:30 pm 

Peter Puck wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
I can actually understand how an individual Palestinian may feel and why many would be drawn to terrorism. Would it shock you if I told you I understand the rationale? I would say though in reality it is their leaders are the ones who have really let them down as their own leadership is the biggest obstacle to them having their own free state, which has been offered on multiple cases.

That's all I'll say in regards to that here though as I really don't want to derail it too much.

No, it would not shock me. However, one would think you would be more outspoken against the IDF and the Israeli government if you were to apply your anti-cop, anti-US military, anti-Spain and pro-Bundy logic that I've seen. I'll concede that maybe you are and I have not seen it (as I am not a regular here), but I have not seen it here where it could have included it in some of your posts.

I'm no fan of Netanyahu and feel Israel would be better off without him (and may soon get that wish). I'd happily discuss this further on another thread if you want.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:31 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Spaulding wrote:

Which ones?

I am curious as well.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:46 pm 

Peter Puck wrote:
Peter Puck wrote:
[

I'm not a lawyer...

So "stuff I disagree with". Thanks, counsel.

Peter Puck wrote:

Nothing in there details how reporting something to the FBI pertains to a background check for purchasing a firearm. That is, unless you mean that a YouTube comment from an account sharing the name of the shooter should have shown up in a background check of the shooter, and disqualified him from purchasing a firearm, to which I reply: :lol:

Peter Puck wrote:
you know more goes into it once a report is made. There was more than enough here and that is what the b/g check is for.

What exactly happened here that should have shown up on a background check? You profess to know, but so far have shown nothing. I hope you don't practice this way, maybe that's why you come off as so frustrated and indignant?

I would not go that far. Just explains what I have been wasting my time reading off and on when here.

Let's see, you have the FBI receiving a report about a guy threatening to shoot up a school. They work with the locals to press charges (just like what apparently happened here with some kid who made comments online after this). If the press charges where where imprisonment is more than a year, that shows up in the b/g check and stops a purchase in FLA. Or, the FBI does a modicum of investigating, they find he was, apparently, seeking treatment from a mental health facility, abusing animals, making other wacked out statements and he has issues at the school, they work with the locals to seek a protective order to keep him away from the schools. That shows up in the b/g check and stops the purchase.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:47 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
One Post wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
One Post wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

I can give you a long answer or a short answer. I'll give you the short answer for now, but if you want, I will also give you the long one.

You can call me violent if you want, but I have never committed an act of violence, I do not ever intend to commit an act of violence, and I would be very happy to see that continue the rest of my life. I do however believe I reserve the right to do so in defense of my life, liberty, and property if so threatened. I do also believe that the collective ability of millions of Americans to own firearms serves as a larger deterrent against further abuses.

As for exposing the NSA, ask Mr. Snowden how that worked out and tell me if you honestly think he changed how they operate.

I'll give you the short answer, you are a sick violence obsessed person.

You said you were "happy" that someone shot up the NSA. That's someone who glorifies and revels in violence against the innocent. You are a sick human being.

The NSA is comprised of mothers, fathers, single mothers, grandmothers, innocent people with innocent aspirations to go to work that day, do the job they were hired to do, and go home. You are happy that someone shot up these people.

That is the short answer, you are a violent sick fuck.

It pours out in your obsession with the 2nd amendment, these fanciful armed conflicts with the US government, this hypothetical war against the state that you and the other violence obsessed ultra minority in this country harp on. Guns control isn't an issue that will cost the democrats the election any more than it wins elections for the GOP. You perceive it as a major issue because of the places you frequent and like minded violence obsessed people you communicate with.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:48 pm 
Bitch please. You "TYRANNY!!" people spent 8 year crying about it and never rose up with your muskets. All it is is a talking point.

Last edited by Baby McNown on Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:48 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Peter Puck wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

I'm no fan of Netanyahu and feel Israel would be better off without him (and may soon get that wish). I'd happily discuss this further on another thread if you want.

I agree with you on those points. I may not agree on some of the others, but it's good.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
If you are a white American who does not have an exit strategy to another foreign country you should definitely own and familiarize yourself with an AR-15 or similar weapon.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:51 pm 

One Post wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
One Post wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
One Post wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

I'll give you the short answer, you are a sick violence obsessed person.

You said you were "happy" that someone shot up the NSA. That's someone who glorifies and revels in violence against the innocent. You are a sick human being.

The NSA is comprised of mothers, fathers, single mothers, grandmothers, innocent people with innocent aspirations to go to work that day, do the job they were hired to do, and go home. You are happy that someone shot up these people.

That is the short answer, you are a violent sick fuck.

It pours out in your obsession with the 2nd amendment, these fanciful armed conflicts with the US government, this hypothetical war against the state that you and the other violence obsessed ultra minority in this country harp on. Guns control isn't an issue that will cost the democrats the election any more than it wins elections for the GOP. You perceive it as a major issue because of the places you frequent and like minded violence obsessed people you communicate with.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:54 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
America wrote:
If you are a white American who does not have an exit strategy to another foreign country you should definitely own and familiarize yourself with an AR-15 or similar weapon.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:58 pm 

Nas wrote:
America wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

He just wants a race war so badly that he moved to a country that's far more likely to have one than the US. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:58 pm 

Quote:
PARKLAND, Fla. (AP) -- Leader of white nationalist group has confirmed suspect in Florida school shooting was member of his organization.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:00 pm 

I'm just saying have a contingency.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:02 pm 

Peter Puck wrote:

I would not go that far. Just explains what I have been wasting my time reading off and on when here.

Feel free to point out any specific inaccuracies you see either on the board or via PM. I enjoy learning.

Peter Puck wrote:
Let's see, you have the FBI receiving a report about a guy threatening to shoot up a school. They work with the locals to press charges (just like what apparently happened here with some kid who made comments online after this). If the press charges where where imprisonment is more than a year, that shows up in the b/g check and stops a purchase in FLA. Or, the FBI does a modicum of investigating, they find he was, apparently, seeking treatment from a mental health facility, abusing animals, making other wacked out statements and he has issues at the school, they work with the locals to seek a protective order to keep him away from the schools. That shows up in the b/g check and stops the purchase.

They did investigate, and they said they couldn't identify the owner of the account (Leaving aside for a moment whether an account in your name is enough to presume it is actually "you"):

Peter Puck's Link wrote:
At a press conference Thursday morning, the FBI confirmed that it had received and looked into a tip about the "professional school shooter" comment on Bennight's YouTube channel, but could not uncover any details from the account.

"No other information was included in the comment, which would indicate a time, location, or true identity of the person who made the comment," special agent Robert Lasky told reporters. "The FBI conducted database reviews, checks, but was unable to further identify the person who made the comment."

In reality, nothing really happened that should have shown up on a background check but did not, instead you're saying the FBI should have investigated and attempted to prosecute the user of that YouTube account for that comment—Using warrantless NSA prism-type stuff I'm guessing :lol:—and if it was indeed belonging to the shooter, he then would been disqualified if the act was felonious, or if the school would have gotten protective order against him. Of course you're right the downstream effect of disqualification during a background check would have happened, given those things, but this is far from the FBI "botch" you're painting it as.

That doesn't sound a whole lot like "more than enough". Sounds instead like a lot of things needed to happen, and in the right order, in order for this to show up on the guy's background check.

Last edited by Juice's Lecture Notes on Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:04 pm 

I'm going to defer to JLN or America on this, but do you think the White Nationalist group would be willing to open up their database for background checks? Have they discussed it when you have been at the meetings?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:06 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
I'm going to defer to JLN or America on this, but do you think the White Nationalist group would be willing to open up their database for background checks? Have they discussed it when you have been at the meetings?

When did you stop beating your wife?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:07 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
Quote:
PARKLAND, Fla. (AP) -- Leader of white nationalist group has confirmed suspect in Florida school shooting was member of his organization.

I have a feeling there are a lot of delusional Hispanics making up most of these white nationalist groups. Lauren Southern's orbiters hardly look like the Wehrmacht.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:08 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:

When did you stop beating your wife?

I don't have to. It's part of the President's new tax bill, nested in there.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Caller Bob wrote:
I am curious as well.

Speech & assembly, search & seizure, voting. And I didn't say they would be but that they could be. I think it's poignant that it is the 2nd one. The first was rights to live freely and the second was a way for them to ensure and defend the first.

I see it as more of a social issue anyway. Germany & Switzerland have a high rate of guns per person but fairly low homicide rate. Countries with low gun ownership and high crime are Britain & Mexico. japan and China have strict gun control and low crime but I'm not interested in being China or other countries like it. We have high guns/high crime. There are thousands of responsible gun owners. Our issue seems to be the mentally ill and social conditions.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 846 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 29  Next